Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How unexpectedly lovely! And by "unexpectedly", I mean that I wasn't looking to read any stories on here tonight, but my finger slipped and hit the link for yours, so I just went with it. So glad I did!

The banter, witty repartee, immediate chemistry and plot twists were on point. My favorite part was the explanation of the first, second and third degree. Who knew?!? I always thought "the third degree" was just a saying, not based on actuality. Bonus points for teaching me something new, Virginia. And I, for one, really don't care about the Mayson/Dan side of the tale, but I would love to fast forward to their year anniversary and the revelation, whenever that would occur.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Wow, more FDK! That must mean you're on vacation.
[Linked Image]

Does that mean we'll get more parts of the Man who would be King?
[Linked Image] I actually have to work on the one for which I bid on Corrina’s beta skills. Umm…have to get started on that one, actually…[Linked Image]

(I saw it only had 2 in the TOC and you mentioned unposted parts).
[Linked Image] Definitely only after it’s done. /looks for mojo-at-home assembly kit/

Perhaps I should have mentioned that this was also pre-S1.
Oh.

From Wrong Clark time.
[Linked Image]

I feel like I'm taking three steps back for every step forward on that one.
ANOTHER LOIS: I *knew* it! I *knew* there was madness to the method. razz

It could have been worse. She could have been wearing an anti-Superman pin.
laugh
MAYSON: wave

Quote:
He looks good enough to score on the first date?
LOIS: Yes.
CLARK: Thank you, but that's not what I was thinking.
laugh
LOIS: So, he’s flattered but won’t go for it? Darn. Another gay one. grumble Ever since that visit to Gotham and me getting res- erm helped out by that black man in tights, who’s so obviously gay, all I do is attract gay men.

So, in this dimension Bruce Wayne isn't a multi-millionaire CEO Philanthropist but a human rights lawyer.
BRUCE: Nobody would suspect a lawyer to be a hero.
DAREDEVIL: wave
laugh Well…Bruce could have done an undercover stint in Nepal and didn’t want to tell his reporter friend that he’s really Bruce Wayne?
BRUCE: And they think having *one* secret identity is hard to maintain.

Exactly. They trade that for 3 squares a day, a roof over their head, and a mat on the floor.
REFUGEE: Paradise!
smile1

Well that was a switch from hot to cold quickly, Lois.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Is the EW suggesting something?
ER: No, I’m sure it has nothing to do with the current moon phase.

LOIS: No, I can handle it. Just jump in if it decides to go off, will ya?
laugh

But she doesn't like his human side.
CLARK: Not perfect.
rotflol

Quote:
LOIS: wave
CLARK: Yes, she'll do.
LOIS: Do? mad Do what?! You? Never!
CLARK: <confused at his frigid, non-perfect girlfriend>
wink Maybe he should show her a photo of himself in just a towel?

LOIS: We're in Metropolis. In the city, us civilized people use sheets. And that's not why I came.
Umm…a…umm…

Who said that there were two dates? Did I say that? No, I don't think that was written anywhere.
Oh no you don’t! You stated perfectly ambiguously that Clark/Lois where wearing the red carnations. This could not have been a continuity mistake. Not from an EW routinely jumping around dimensions and times and not losing her breakfast along the way.
PREGNANT LOIS: No, that breakfast would be mine.

Quote:
By following him and planting bugs in his apartment, like any normal person would do?
LOIS: That's the second date.
So this is the interrogation equivalent first, second, and third degree to the dating-scheme of getting to first, second, and third base?
Let’s see…
First date is first degree is verbal interrogation.
Second date is second degree is intensive observation.
Third date is third degree is manually enhanced interrogation.
Fourth date is fourth degree is execution of the convicted.

Quote:
Hmm… so, it really was Lois who was set up with Clark?
They both can't be set up?
ACKBAR: It’s a trap!

To start with.
LOIS: Sometimes, I finish with it just to keep things fresh.
laugh In case he gets fresh but isn’t looking too dangerous so she can take her time with the incapacitation?

Quote:
Huh. Her original date already left?
So, you doubt that Lois and Clark could actually be set up together?
[Linked Image] There’s reasonable doubt.

Lois's POV. The Source most likely said that he had discovered that he had been wrong.
LOIS: Potahto. Tomahto.
Oh. Duh! clap

HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER: No, Clark, I didn't say JUST come in with a red carnation.
What if the HRL was actually female? What’s Batgirl’s occupation again?

Why would Lex have a human rights lawyer?
Alibi? So he has someone who can explain to the judges how it’s okay to keep his overseas-workforce in their pens like he does?

Quote:
Maybe some string tied to his foot?
So, he shouldn't have worn the loafers?
CLARK: But they make me think I’m walking on air!

CLARK: They also said you were nice!
rotflol
HRL: [Linked Image] That blonde bombshell took me to her cabin in the woods on our second date!

Bruce Wayne buys Daily Planet and hires Clark Kent to keep Lois out of Gotham City.
rotflol

Quote:
Maybe if he put out first?
CLARK: Say, what?
MARTHA: So, honey, did you get the job?
CLARK: I'm working at the Daily Planet, and I don't want to talk about it.
clap

Quote:
Did he just offer to recompense her for her time during an amorous outing?
He said that he owed her a favor, not vice versa.
No, actually, she provided an amorous service to him, and Clark stated that he now owns her compensation. That it’s a favor and paid after the fact only means that Lois isn’t very experienced (yet) in that line of work.

CLARK: She brought it up first.
But she can also bring him down with one knee-jerk reaction.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Clark, what do you think of my new shiny green ankle bracelet? I bought it on a recent trip to Smallville when I did an expose on weed-farming that is apparently going on in the Midwest.

JOKER: /points at Batman/ If that's not what happened to him, then the jokes on me.
clap

CLARK: I can't win, can I?
CAT: You can take me for a spin, big man.
CLARK: That would be a ‘no’ then.
CAT: cat

Quote:
Because she second-screened him during their first date?
She did it under the table so it wasn't overt.
Yes, but what if Clark had done it?
LOIS: That’s what filled-up wine glasses are for.

Quote:
ER: /no comprehendo/ A *politician*? Next he’ll believe an armed robber that he’s just doing a charity collection at the bank foyer.
CLARK: That's what the Invisible Man told me, Officer.
rotflol
LOIS: Perry! I want a new partner. Someone a bit more experienced.
RALPH: [Linked Image]

LOIS: Sure, D.A. Clemmons. I'm not buying that.
CLARK: But, Lois...
LOIS: Give me a break, Clark.
clap

Quote:
Traditional ones with locusts inside?
Say what?! shock
WAITER: No comment.
Yep. I can’t re-find it right now, but there’s quite a different palate in Easter Asia to what we are used to. Colleague of mine went on an South-China tour once and got to taste fried spider legs.

CLARK: Change in temperatures never really bother me.
LOIS: <happy her man can keep up with her mood swings>
Yeah, he’s a keeper.
RALPH: Door mat.
CLARK: Hey, at least I get some!
LOIS: mad
CLARK: Okay, maybe not tonight, but still…

Quote:
That’s our Lois. Always ready to bite off more than she can chew.
CLAKR: I’m pretty tough, so…
No biting?
No, more fun during the chewing?

LOIS: I wouldn't date Ralph. Actually, I don't date usually.
LUCY: Yeah. She interviews.
LEX: /Still wave but nobody's paying attention/
rotflol

Apparently American women (in general) aren't as promiscuous as they are portrayed in movies and television.
CLARK: So, according to that morning talk show I accidently watched, Lois Lane isn’t dating anyone. Even her best friend Linda calls her frigid. Now, if even that is an exaggeration, does that mean I will not have to worry about giving her the curse? Ever?

Yes, but the optimist in him says calling her opened minded is more likely to get that result that calling her the opposite.
He thinking that you catch more Loises with chocolate than with Lex?

Not a lie.
Did he say he was human? No, just male.
Hence the ‘not’ laugh

CLARK: Well, no, but if I kill her off on the first date there won't be a second date.
LEX: Yes, I often serve Fugu at the end of a date.
JAPANESE CHAP: Uncultured white guy…

So, SHE should have gone out with Mayson. rotflol What if Clark had been set up with Dan and Lois with Mayson.
rotflol
BRUCE: What? I always thought how you ran away from every skirt that looked your way…?
LUCY: She really doesn’t like men.

LOIS: I don't usually attend church, but I think if I can go in a war zone I could handle one day at church.
CLARK: Um...
Did she just accept? Maybe Clark should hurry up to close the deal?

Quote:
I think she’d be mad if he told her on their first anniverasy.
First dating anniversary.
So, Lois wouldn’t be mad that she has to wait about three years until she finally gets to consummate her marriage with Clark?
LOIS: If Canon-Lois could wait three years, I can, too! Now, where’s the chocolate mad

LOIS: My mother told me that if I don't have sex for 3 years, I'll become a virgin again.
SAM: Ellen! That's not factually correct.
rotflol

I always find it funny that you're predictions are accurate and you don't notice it.
[Linked Image] I don’t want to presume and like to keep my options open in case the road traveled is not the most obvious one? Or the second most obvious one. Or the third… no, it’s usually one of the first two ten times out of eleven (sic) blush Now, the gender-bender setup, that I might have made a joke about but never expected blush In this story. In a romcom setup dating story, OTOH, huh

LOIS: I would have stopped him after the first one, so it wouldn't have been so awkward.
CLARK: Not until she told Dan to leave her apartment at once.
clap

Quote:
See? Also, once he has a job in Metropolis, does that by default also make him the best investigative journalist in Metropolis?
LOIS: No.
That’s an…interesting logic.

JIMMY: Hey, Lois, look at this. /holds up DAILY PLANET CLASSIFIEDS/ "Single male hero looking for a woman to mend his heart. Lawyers, please don't apply." Oh, never mind. He wants someone who isn't likely to explode.
rotflol

LOIS: This won't work. Your grammar is atrocious. Hey, I just realized. You're perfect for the Met Star. Have a nice life.
Interesting. I always thought Lois was the one without a clue for spelling or proper structure (e.g. “The FBI said” instead of “An FBI spokesman” – LOIS: Spokeswoman! – “whatever… said”).

CLARK: Awkward isn't the right word.
LOIS: Pulitzer worthy?
PERRY: Not if you sleep with the subject to get the story, Lois.
LOIS: Drat!
So, Perry would make sure she wouldn’t get recognition for exposing her boyfriend’s secrets? Is that the reason she flunked out of the Lex Luthor investigation?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper More comments! dance Hmmmm. Maybe I should write more non-canon based stories.

John: Thanks for coming by to visit! wave
I have to admit I didn't see the whole Dan/Mayson twist coming. However I should have.
Because it was one of my stories?

First off, the set-up of Clark seemed to be with someone who had talked to the other party directly, Lois's was a multi-layered one.
Oh, you mean because I dropped a whole bunch of clues.

On the other hand, while Clark did admit to being late, he just didn't seem to match the lateness of Lois.
He arrived at the bar on time, but it took him a little time to get in. Then, again, Lois isn't known for her patience. Five minutes could seem like a lifetime to her.

Also, both parties thinking the other had gone for the red carnation seemed to be odd as well.
I could see that happening if a third party came up with the idea.

I should have also realized that the decription of fashion fit much better for Dan than for Clark.
CLARK: I would hope so!

Originally Posted by John Lambert
I also want a sequel where Lois learned Clark's secret. Somehow I can't see him actually holding out till the first anniversary. What do I know though.
It's in with my muse at the moment. We'll see if anything comes of it in her spare time.

Sue S.: *Sue!* /humbly/ Thank you for the comments.

Aw! Very charming and fun! Nicely done, Virginia! thumbsup
Awww. Shucks. [Linked Image] Thank you.

I had to open the FDK thread to get to the TOC, so I'd caught a hint that there was a twist, and yet it still made me grin when I got to it. Extra points for including "Evening Flowers" at the end. laugh
/Points to TOC forum/ Thanks. I stumbled across it when trying to find some artwork that Clark wear. I'm not a big fan of Picasso, but I do like his flowers. I wasn't familiar with this piece, so I figured others might not be as well, which is why I included a copy of the picture at the end of the story. I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

magical: Thank you for reading.

How unexpectedly lovely! And by "unexpectedly", I mean that I wasn't looking to read any stories on here tonight, but my finger slipped and hit the link for yours, so I just went with it. So glad I did!
I'm so glad that you liked it. smile1

The banter, witty repartee, immediate chemistry and plot twists were on point.
Thank you. It's been a while, so I figured I needed to stretch those muscles.

My favorite part was the explanation of the first, second and third degree. Who knew?!? I always thought "the third degree" was just a saying, not based on actuality. Bonus points for teaching me something new, Virginia.
As you may or may not know, I'm fairly well known for my mixed up idioms. Actually, this idea came from Wrong Clark. My beta correct my "Fifth Degree" with "third degree" and I Googled it and saw this explanation. It sounded like something Lois and Clark would "discuss", but it didn't fit in the scene for Wrong Clark, so when I was trying to come up with conversation points, I used this idea here. Sometimes it's the wrong turn that will take you to the beautiful view.

And I, for one, really don't care about the Mayson/Dan side of the tale, but I would love to fast forward to their year anniversary and the revelation, whenever that would occur.
Fast forward? /tugs at collar/ But that would mean jumping over a whole bunch of other possibilities for fun. It might be a several step process. [Linked Image] I've got a lot on my plate on the moment.

I'm glad you all enjoyed this little alt-beginning.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Michael, sorry about the long response time on this. I'm trying to finish up this Investigation section of Wrong Clark and RL keeps hitting me over the head with a frying pan. [Linked Image]I'll work on responding to your FDK-FDK-FDK this weekend. Forgive me. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I actually have to work on the one for which I bid on Corrina’s beta skills. Umm…have to get started on that one, actually…[Linked Image]
Soooo, no? frown

EW: (I saw it only had 2 in the TOC and you mentioned unposted parts).
ER: Definitely only after it’s done. /looks for mojo-at-home assembly kit/
/Searches for Austin Powers lost mojo/
Some you're one of those I'll post it when it's complete people now? That would be difficult for me.

EW: I feel like I'm taking three steps back for every step forward on that one.
ANOTHER LOIS: I *knew* it! I *knew* there was madness to the method.
No, *ME* The Writer, not the characters. They're more like take one step forward, fly west a state. Take one step forward. Fly west. They're somewhere over Asia at the moment. peep

LOIS: So, he’s flattered but won’t go for it? Darn. Another gay one. grumble Ever since that visit to Gotham and me getting res- erm helped out by that black man in tights, who’s so obviously gay, all I do is attract gay men.
CLARK: He's my best friend.
LOIS: wallbash

Well…Bruce could have done an undercover stint in Nepal and didn’t want to tell his reporter friend that he’s really Bruce Wayne?
BRUCE: And they think having *one* secret identity is hard to maintain.
CLARK: Really? I think one secret identity is so 20th century. In the 21st, I'm going to have 3-4.

LOIS: [Linked Image] Is the EW suggesting something?
ER: No, I’m sure it has nothing to do with the current moon phase.
CLARK: She's a werewolf?

Maybe he should show her a photo of himself in just a towel?
LOIS: And what kind of articles did you write while in Europe?
CLARK: Write? No, I didn't write. I was male model for French fashion magazines. Would you like to see my portfolio?
LOIS: drool /clears throat/ So, nudes too?
CLARK: Well, only when they were tasteful.

Oh no you don’t! You stated perfectly ambiguously that Clark/Lois where wearing the red carnations. This could not have been a continuity mistake. Not from an EW routinely jumping around dimensions and times and not losing her breakfast along the way.
PREGNANT LOIS: No, that breakfast would be mine.
The only pregnant Lois I've written was in Missing Lois and I've crossed that plot off my list. Why doesn't anyone believe me?

ER: By following him and planting bugs in his apartment, like any normal person would do?
LOIS: That's the second date.
ER: So this is the interrogation equivalent first, second, and third degree to the dating-scheme of getting to first, second, and third base?
Let’s see…
First date is first degree is verbal interrogation.
Second date is second degree is intensive observation.
Third date is third degree is manually enhanced interrogation.
Fourth date is fourth degree is execution of the convicted.
So, would that be sex on the third date and kill him after he didn't call for a 4th date?

ER: Hmm… so, it really was Lois who was set up with Clark?
EW: They both can't be set up?
ACKBAR: It’s a trap!
lol It really is applicable everywhere! clap

EW: To start with.
LOIS: Sometimes, I finish with it just to keep things fresh.
ER: In case he gets fresh but isn’t looking too dangerous so she can take her time with the incapacitation?
Some guys don't deserve it until the end of the date. (Points to Claude in Green-Eyed Monster).

What if the HRL was actually female? What’s Batgirl’s occupation again?
ummmm. Crime fighter?

Alibi? So he has someone who can explain to the judges how it’s okay to keep his overseas-workforce in their pens like he does?
LAWYER: Luthor makes sure his workforce has fresh slop... er... food every day.

HRL: That blonde bombshell took me to her cabin in the woods on our second date!
clap

ER: Did he just offer to recompense her for her time during an amorous outing?
EW: He said that he owed her a favor, not vice versa.
ER: No, actually, she provided an amorous service to him, and Clark stated that he now owns her compensation. That it’s a favor and paid after the fact only means that Lois isn’t very experienced (yet) in that line of work.
CLARK: eek And here I thought English was my first language.

CLARK: She brought it up first.
ER: But she can also bring him down with one knee-jerk reaction.
CLARK: /would like to see her try/
LOIS: Clark, what do you think of my new shiny green ankle bracelet? I bought it on a recent trip to Smallville when I did an expose on weed-farming that is apparently going on in the Midwest.
CLARK: /on his knees, groveling/ Please. I'll do anything you want. Please take off your jewelry and throw it away.

ER: Because she second-screened him during their first date?
EW: She did it under the table so it wasn't overt.
ER: Yes, but what if Clark had done it?
LOIS: That’s what filled-up wine glasses are for.
Nowadays, people are overt about leaving their iPhones on the table and rudely checking texts and messages while you talk.
LOIS: Oh, dear. Did you phone just land in that lobster tank? Pity. Now, as I was saying...

ER: /no comprehendo/ A *politician*? Next he’ll believe an armed robber that he’s just doing a charity collection at the bank foyer.
CLARK: That's what the Invisible Man told me, Officer.
LOIS: Perry! I want a new partner. Someone a bit more experienced.
RALPH: /volunteers/
LOIS: Not THAT kind of experience.

Yep. I can’t re-find it right now, but there’s quite a different palate in Easter Asia to what we are used to. Colleague of mine went on an South-China tour once and got to taste fried spider legs.
Well, that's the only way I'd want them on my plate.

CLARK: Change in temperatures never really bother me.
LOIS: <happy her man can keep up with her mood swings>
ER: Yeah, he’s a keeper.
RALPH: Door mat.
CLARK: Hey, at least I get some!
LOIS: /mad/
CLARK: Okay, maybe not tonight, but still…
clap

That’s our Lois. Always ready to bite off more than she can chew.
CLAKR: I’m pretty tough, so…
No biting?
ER: No, more fun during the chewing?
CLARK: shock Please, no.

CLARK: So, according to that morning talk show I accidently watched, Lois Lane isn’t dating anyone. Even her best friend Linda calls her frigid. Now, if even that is an exaggeration, does that mean I will not have to worry about giving her the curse? Ever?
No, especially if you have heat vision.
CLARK: Well, er...[Linked Image] nobody said anything about that.

He thinking that you catch more Loises with chocolate than with Lex?
CLARK: I can catch more Lexes with a chocolate filled Lois.
LOIS: Say what?
CLARK: As my partner. [Linked Image] Because she's brilliant.

JAPANESE CHAP: Uncultured white guy…
CLARK: I know.

ER: So, SHE should have gone out with Mayson.
EW: What if Clark had been set up with Dan and Lois with Mayson.
BRUCE: What? I always thought how you ran away from every skirt that looked your way…?
LUCY: She really doesn’t like men.
CLARK: I was *rescuing* someone else. I wasn't running away.
LOIS: I hate women more than I hate men. You can't trust a word they say.
CLARK: confused So, since you're a woman and I shouldn't trust what you're saying about women, which means...

LOIS: I don't usually attend church, but I think if I can go in a war zone I could handle one day at church.
CLARK: Um...
ER: Did she just accept? Maybe Clark should hurry up to close the deal?
CLARK: Great! So, it's a date. By the way, there's something you should know...

ER: I think she’d be mad if he told her on their first anniversary.
EW: First dating anniversary.
ER: So, Lois wouldn’t be mad that she has to wait about three years until she finally gets to consummate her marriage with Clark?
LOIS: If Canon-Lois could wait three years, I can, too! Now, where’s the chocolate /mad/
Why three years before they get married? They didn't spend the first 2 as friends in this universe.

EW: I always find it funny that you're predictions are accurate and you don't notice it.
ER: I don’t want to presume and like to keep my options open in case the road traveled is not the most obvious one? Or the second most obvious one. Or the third… no, it’s usually one of the first two ten times out of eleven (sic) blush Now, the gender-bender setup, that I might have made a joke about but never expected blush In this story. In a romcom setup dating story, OTOH, huh
But it would have been funny.
LUCY: So.... What did you think of Mayson?
LOIS: He's very nice.
LUCY: He?!

ER: See? Also, once he has a job in Metropolis, does that by default also make him the best investigative journalist in Metropolis?
LOIS: No.
ER: That’s an…interesting logic.
LOIS: Metropolis is smarter than the rest of the world. So, being the best here is more difficult than being the best anywhere else.

LOIS: This won't work. Your grammar is atrocious. Hey, I just realized. You're perfect for the Met Star. Have a nice life.
ER: Interesting. I always thought Lois was the one without a clue for spelling or proper structure (e.g. “The FBI said” instead of “An FBI spokesman” – LOIS: Spokeswoman! – “whatever… said”).
Yes, but a) would she admit it, and b) wouldn't she still find someone with the same trait lacking?

CLARK: Awkward isn't the right word.
LOIS: Pulitzer worthy?
PERRY: Not if you sleep with the subject to get the story, Lois.
LOIS: Drat!
ER: So, Perry would make sure she wouldn’t get recognition for exposing her boyfriend’s secrets? Is that the reason she flunked out of the Lex Luthor investigation?
CLARK: And because she didn't listen to reason...

wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Michael, sorry about the long response time on this. I'm trying to finish up this Investigation section of Wrong Clark and RL keeps hitting me over the head with a frying pan. I'll work on responding to your FDK-FDK-FDK this weekend. Forgive me. /tries flowers but keeps chocolates to self/
Hi Virginia! No worries. As you can see, I'm also a tad behind... /eyes RL, trying to determine if it's more like a Tribbel or more like a Mogway that has been fed after midnight/

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Soooo, no? <avid fan, sadly disappointed>
Not at the moment, no frown

Some you're one of those I'll post it when it's complete people now? That would be difficult for me.
/looks at part 188 of 1xxx/ I can see why.

They're more like take one step forward, fly west a state. Take one step forward. Fly west. They're somewhere over Asia at the moment.
rotflol
LOIS: *SUUUUUPEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN*!
Also if they keep it up, they end up right where they started?

CLARK: He's my best friend.
LOIS: <he’s sooo gay!>
laugh

CLARK: Really? I think one secret identity is so 20th century. In the 21st, I'm going to have 3-4.
So he can keep 3-4 girlfriends?
CLARK: [Linked Image] Let’s see…there’s Wanda. Lola. Lois. Angel. And Mayson.

CLARK: She's a werewolf?
Yes, that would work for a Mad Dog.

LOIS: And what kind of articles did you write while in Europe?
CLARK: Write? No, I didn't write. I was male model for French fashion magazines. Would you like to see my portfolio?
LOIS: drool /clears throat/ So, nudes too?
CLARK: Well, only when they were tasteful.
laugh Also, I got an idea for that last quip, but I don’t think it would be appropriate over here.

The only pregnant Lois I've written was in Missing Lois and I've crossed that plot off my list. Why doesn't anyone believe me?
Because I never qualified where the preggers Lois was coming from but you automatically jumped to a certain story, trying to prove us Wrong?

So, would that be sex on the third date and kill him after he didn't call for a 4th date?
Hmm…yes, that’d work.

It really is applicable everywhere!
Of course. Can you imagine someone showing up to a wedding party wearing an Ackbar shirt?

ummmm. Crime fighter?
laugh No, I meant when she isn’t out trolling the streets for naughty boys.

CLARK: eek And here I thought English was my first language.
evil No, his first language is Kansan.

CLARK: /on his knees, groveling/ Please. I'll do anything you want. Please take off your jewelry and throw it away.
clap
LOIS: So, you want me to remove my attire and then you’d do anything want? I don’t see the novelty in that.

Nowadays, people are overt about leaving their iPhones on the table and rudely checking texts and messages while you talk.
I once read that it’s because work or the latest social media status upate of a virtual friend is more important than the person on the other side of the table?
AMOR: /throws bow into garbage/
EARTH: And that’s how I got rid of my humans.
On that note:
MARS: How you doing?
EARTH: Not got. I’ve got humans.
MARS: Don’t worry. It passes.

LOIS: Oh, dear. Did you phone just land in that lobster tank? Pity. Now, as I was saying...
laugh

No, especially if you have heat vision.
CLARK: Well, er... nobody said anything about that.
laugh

CLARK: As my partner. Because she's brilliant.
So, he thinks he’s saved himself there?

LOIS: I hate women more than I hate men. You can't trust a word they say.
CLARK: confused So, since you're a woman and I shouldn't trust what you're saying about women, which means...
laugh

Why three years before they get married? They didn't spend the first 2 as friends in this universe.
Oops. Two years. My bad. /going with the traditional one year waiting period between romantic milestones/

But it would have been funny.
LUCY: So.... What did you think of Mayson?
LOIS: He's very nice.
LUCY: He?!
clap

LOIS: Metropolis is smarter than the rest of the world. So, being the best here is more difficult than being the best anywhere else.
ER: I don’t think this makes any sense.
LOIS: You from Metropolis?
ER: No?
LOIS: See?
ER: confused

Yes, but a) would she admit it, and b) wouldn't she still find someone with the same trait lacking?
laugh

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, you're too funny. rotflol
Originally Posted by rambling EW
/looks at part 188 of 1xxx/ I can see why.
No. No! NO! Only 1/3 of the story left. [Linked Image] Stop encouraging my muse to ramble.

LOIS: *SUUUUUPEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN*!
Also if they keep it up, they end up right where they started?
[Linked Image]
CLARK: Oh, lookie, Lois. Metropolis.

So he can keep 3-4 girlfriends?
CLARK: [Linked Image] Let’s see…there’s Wanda. Lola. Lois. Angel. And Mayson.
CLARK: Mayson? [Linked Image]

Also, I got an idea for that last quip, but I don’t think it would be appropriate over here.
Yes, probably best to let my imagination go wild than to print it.

Because I never qualified where the preggers Lois was coming from but you automatically jumped to a certain story, trying to prove us Wrong?
[Linked Image]

Of course. Can you imagine someone showing up to a wedding party wearing an Ackbar shirt?
lol

LOIS: So, you want me to remove my attire and then you’d do anything want? I don’t see the novelty in that.
CLARK: That's not what I meant!
LOIS: Why not?

I once read that it’s because work or the latest social media status upate of a virtual friend is more important than the person on the other side of the table?
AMOR: /throws bow into garbage/
EARTH: And that’s how I got rid of my humans.
On that note:
MARS: How you doing?
EARTH: Not got. I’ve got humans.
MARS: Don’t worry. It passes.
Like gas?

ER: So, he thinks he’s saved himself there?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Oops. Two years. My bad. /going with the traditional one year waiting period between romantic milestones/
It takes a man that long to recover?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Michael, you're too funny.
blush

EW: No. No! NO! Only 1/3 of the story left. <does not want her muse to get ideas> Stop encouraging my muse to ramble.
Ooops? I thought your muse depended on her Loisness?

CLARK: Mayson?<tries to imitate Lois in an attempt to hide that he likes the idea>
Well, I figured with the other 3 a Mayson might be fun to mix in? You know, keep things spicy.

ER: Because I never qualified where the preggers Lois was coming from but you automatically jumped to a certain story, trying to prove us Wrong?
ER: <has no idea what those crazy FoLC are talking about>
[Linked Image]

Quote:
clap He really should watch out. Otherwise, Lois might start to think he’s not interested.

Like gas?
laugh You mean, even if you don’t see them, you still know they have been there? peep

CLARK: <is very confident in his eye-whooling abilities>
LOIS: mad

Quote:
It takes a man that long to recover?
rotflol
CLARK: Lana has been an exceptionally difficult girlfriend?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: No. No! NO! Only 1/3 of the story [regarding Wrong Clark] left. <does not want her muse to get ideas> Stop encouraging my muse to ramble.
ER: Ooops? I thought your muse depended on her Loisness?
No, I ramble just fine on my own. laugh

CLARK: Mayson?<tries to imitate Lois in an attempt to hide that he likes the idea>
ER: Well, I figured with the other 3 a Mayson might be fun to mix in? You know, keep things spicy.
LOIS: I can be spicy. Dan said my cooking was 5-alarm hot. Of course, that was before I had to take him to the emergency room, but that was another story.

ER: He really should watch out. Otherwise, Lois might start to think he’s not interested.
LOIS: Wait. You're interested? /points between them/ WE need to work on our communication skills.

CLARK: <is very confident in his eye-whooling abilities>
LOIS: /knows about his eye-wooling abilities and raises him one ability to stay mad/
CLARK: Um... I fold?

ER: Oops. Two years. My bad. /going with the traditional one year waiting period between romantic milestones/
EW: It takes a man that long to recover?
CLARK: Lana has been an exceptionally difficult girlfriend?
LOIS: Why the semi-present tense there, Clarkiie? Who's this Lana person?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: I can be spicy. Dan said my cooking was 5-alarm hot. Of course, that was before I had to take him to the emergency room, but that was another story.
Also…
MFD: I sure hope her home insurance will cover the 5 engines we had to send to her apartment building.
CLARK: I have no idea what you’re talking about. I think it’s tasty and gives a nice buzz on the taste buds.

LOIS: Wait. You're interested? /points between them/ WE need to work on our communication skills.
clap

LOIS: /knows about his eye-wooling abilities and raises him one ability to stay mad/
CLARK: Um... I fold?
rotflol

CLARK: [Linked Image] We're not exclusive, right? Like you and Superman.
SUPERMAN: I do also rescue other women.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MFD: I sure hope her home insurance will cover the 5 engines we had to send to her apartment building.
CLARK: I have no idea what you’re talking about. I think it’s tasty and gives a nice buzz on the taste buds.
clap
MR. TRACEWSKI: Ms. Lane, I think it's time for you to find another place to live.
LOIS: Ooops.

CLARK: /um/ We're not exclusive, right? Like you and Superman.
SUPERMAN: I do also rescue other women.
LOIS: Who is this Superman, guy?
CLARK: He's...um... er... a friend of mine? He goes around in a skin tight suit, rescuing women, but he prefers you.
LOIS: /bats her eyelashes innocently/ He's your little friend?
CLARK: Well, I wouldn't say that.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Oh. Really?
CLARK: huh

You've forgotten that Superman doesn't exist yet in this universe. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

MR. TRACEWSKI: Ms. Lane, I think it's time for you to find another place to live.
LOIS: Ooops.
laugh Maybe she could move into Clark’s?

CLARK: He's...um... er... a friend of mine? He goes around in a skin tight suit, rescuing women, but he prefers you.
LOIS: /bats her eyelashes innocently/ He's your little friend?
CLARK: Well, I wouldn't say that.
LOIS: /gets really great idea about that/ Oh. Really?
CLARK: /once again the slow one/
shock

You've forgotten that Superman doesn't exist yet in this universe.
Oops?

wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard