Next Thread
Print Thread
#259056 10/31/14 01:32 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
The Masked Superman* in the New 52 Future's End comics provides a interesting look at a costume that might be useful.

So how about it? How would it alter the way Superman is received in L&C if Clark went with such a costume.

[Linked Image]

*spoiler alert, let's not discuss if the Masked Superman in the comic is or is not Clark. It does not matter to this thread, I am simply thinking about the costume.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Putting a mask on Superman makes people wonder more who is behind the mask (points to Batman). Doesn't Clark say at one point (in the pilot) that to wear a mask would be telling people he's hiding something?

I doubt Lois would trust Superman from the first instant if he were masked. She'd work doubly hard to unmask him.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I doubt Lois would trust Superman from the first instant if he were masked. She'd work doubly hard to unmask him.

I agree. Then again, eating a bomb that saves her life would still make a good first impression and help him gain a level of trust with Lois.

The triangle-for-two would probably not be an issue for Clark and their relationship might go more smoothly if Superman were masked but when Lois finds out the truth, WOW!!

Last edited by Shallowford; 11/01/14 01:38 PM.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In my Matchmaker set, in Volume 3 "Clark and Lois - The Lost Years", Alt Clark actually gets a do over by going back in time to find his Lois. When he decides to go public again, since he was uncovinced of the glasses being an adequate disguise he went with a mask. At the press conference he held he likened it to the mask worn by the Lone Ranger or Zorro. As a symbol of justice.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard