Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a Gentleman Desires TOC

Per all of your requests, I've brought Mayson in to throw gasoline upon the fire. evil

Thank you all for reading and the wonderful comments.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part 2 - yay

“Mayson Drake, Assistant DA.
I knew it. As soon as Uncle Mike's cafe was mentioned...

Inwardly, Lois smiled. She loved Clark’s jokes. Outwardly, she frowned because that flirtation wasn’t being addressed to her, but to this blonde Assistant District Attorney.
lol Lois is so jealous. How did it take her so long to realise that she just wants Clark all to herself.

It wouldn’t be a day ending in Y if someone hadn’t threatened her.
rotflol

Oh, please. Clark was so going to see right through this woman’s come-on.

“Sure, of course,” he replied, his shoulders tilting back slightly as his spine straightened.

You’ve got to be kidding me, Clark. Lois thought sarcastically. Her?
Oh yeah. Clark is soooo interested in Mayson. Lois, you may as well give up the fight now.

Clark smiled, slipping the business card into his pants pocket. “No?”
*gasp* He's actually interested? Or maybe he's just teasing Lois. We know he likes to do that.

Clark couldn’t help the extra skip in his step.

Lois was jealous.

Completely, totally, and irrationally, jealous of Mayson Drake.
smile Yup. I love that Clark noticed this and is VERY happy about it.

His footsteps slowed.

Perhaps he had misread Lois’s reaction to their whole conversation with Mayson Drake. Maybe Lois was merely irked because Mayson was paying attention to him, instead of her. Lois did hate to be ignored.
No, no, Don't lose hope. You were right the first time round!

Maybe Clark should hang up this crush he had on his partner. She had told him, after all, that he was ‘always repeating himself’ and that he should ‘try something new’. Was that what she meant? Stop following her around like some lovesick puppy?
No. That's NOT what she meant. CLARK! Don't be stupid. Come on! I feel like slapping him around the head. He's just so humble and self-deprecating that he can never contemplate that a woman (Lois) might think he's the most wonderful man in the whole world.

Unfortunately, due to a meeting with her shadowy police source late the night before, Lois had been too preoccupied with this story to enter into a discussion with Clark about how important her partner was to her.
Okay, so my prediction of Lois telling Clark she has feeling for him going off without a hitch was ... completely waaay off.

She looked through the mesh on the door to see Mayson Drake, that hussy of a District Attorney and agent for Intergang, lean over and kiss Clark!

Her Clark!

On the lips!

Did Clark step away? No! He even closed his eyes.
NOOOOOO. What!!!!!! Clark would never close his eyes and allow himself to enjoy a kiss from anyone other than Lois. What happened?

She needed to find a way to enlighten Clark on the stupidity of his ways.
Sounds good.

Except. I don't think Clark is actually being as stupid as she thinks ... so whatever she tries to do ... probably won't work ... and she'll be even more upset!

Hadn’t it been her idea that he move on? Hadn’t Lois wanted him to try something new?
No. That wasn't what she meant ... the 'new' thing you're supposed to try ... it's her ... it's LOIS!

“One last thing…”

“Uh-huh,” Clark asked, leaning forward. He was on the edge of his seat.

“Didn’t this meal come with dessert?”
lol Spot on for Bobby!

Loved it. Can't wait for the final part.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this part!! But the part that made me LOL was
“Oh, please. Does Perry White listen to Elvis Presley? Does Lois Lane have a chocolate addiction? Does Superman leap tall buildings with a single bound? You being in love with Lois is a no-brainer, Kent,” Bobby said, stuffing another bite into his mouth. He swirled his fork around in the air while he chewed to indicate that he wasn’t finished speaking. “The only people who don’t know about it are Mayson Drake and Lois, herself.”

Bobby summed up the first two seasons in one paragraph but particularly the last sentence.

The last part should be fun dance !

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper
A blonde woman dressed in a suit, which Lois had to admit was nicer than hers, held out a hand to Clark.
MAYSON: Of course an ADA has to dress better than the ladies of the night she’s prosecuting.

The man who Superman had captured earlier was still yelling threats at Lois as he was dragged down the hall of the police precinct.
He does realize that this is Lois we’re talking about here, right?
LOIS: He’s feeble attempts at threatening me are adorable, don’t you agree, Clark?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

. Outwardly, she frowned because that flirtation wasn’t being addressed to her, but to this blonde Assistant District Attorney.
I wonder if she’d be less catty where the blonde ADA merely a blonde DA.
LOIS: [Linked Image] She’d already be well into her forties by then, so yeah, that would be preferred.
CLARK: Me flirting with a significantly older woman who likes to date outside her non-creepy dating pool?

“Thanks. But they’re going to have to do a lot better than that to get me to pull out,” Uncle Mike replied.
Goes to show that Lanes aren’t quitters! Lois agreed silently with a nod of her head.
That’s why she stayed with Lex for so long?
LOIS: Wrong Lois.

Apparently, Mayson Drake was the only person in Metropolis who hadn’t heard of Lois.
Let me introduce you. Lois Lane, Mayson Drake. Mayson Drake, this is the other woman.

“And I just wanted to say about their response time, I’ve seen maple drip faster.”
Okay, don’t read that last bit while you’re tired and prone to yawn. ‘p’s go missing. ‘d’s turn into ‘s’ and ‘t’. It just gets weird.

Ms. Drake turned away from Lois, completely uninterested. Typical blonde.
MAYSON: I’ve been into guys ever since my senior year of college. Brunettes dressed for business are just not my type.

If it had been Clark who had complained about the response time of the police, the ADA would be all ears… not that she wasn’t already.
Well…he’s obviously a very rare specimen in need of protection.
CLARK: I’m a very patient man. Why should I carry protection?

Ms. Drake batted her eyelashes in Clark’s direction and purred, “With your help.”
CLARK: huh How did she figure out I’m Superman and can dangle crooks off rooftops until they still their guts.
DILLINGER: That was because of the fake-butter-soaked popcorn, not because of him dangling me.

Oh, please. Clark was so going to see right through this woman’s come-on.
“Sure, of course,” he replied, his shoulders tilting back slightly as his spine straightened.
Apparently he did recognize her come-on.

You’ve got to be kidding me, Clark? Lois thought sarcastically. Her?
CLARK: What? She’s got her taxi-light on, which means she’s available for a ride.

“Yeah, he seems to be a fountain of epithets,” Lois mumbled.
Clark actually glanced at her with a ‘hush’ expression.
CLARK: The nice blonde woman was speaking to me.

“Lovely imagery,” Lois murmured under her breath.
She’s just saying that because that’s what the Prankster did with her last week.

. And if you need to reach me in off hours, my home phone’s on the back.”
Lois rolled her eyes. “Subtle.”
What? He might want to ask her out on a date or something. I think it’s considerate that Mayson didn’t make him stalk her at the courthouse.

“We’ll be in touch, Ms. Snake.
evil

. You know darn well that her name is Mayson Drake.”
My description fit better. “Oh, was it? My mistake,” Lois said.
Isn’t a Chinese dragon often described as a feathered serpent? So, yes, I believe that was an honest mistake by Lois.

. That woman was throwing herself at you. Highly unprofessional, if you ask me.
HOOKER waiting for her booking: I thought it was highly professional.

. We should check and make sure she doesn’t have complaints against her.
From jealous wives?

If Baby Rage gets out on a technicality, it’s my uncle’s restaurant which will pay the price.”
MARTIN SNELL: My client was obviously set up by ADA Drake and her boytoy over there.

Lois snidely returned. “You’d be better off yelling ‘help Superman!’
confused But Superman wouldn’t be showing Clark a good time while he’s with him.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

. Or better yet, call me.
Because she’d also be happy to show him a good time?

and I owe you a sleepover after Griffin scared… er… threatened me last week.
clap
LOIS: Why did the ER skip the karate-bit? [Linked Image]

Good God! Lois was putting ideas into her partner’s head.
rotflol
CLARK: I think I’ll ask Lois to be my best man at the wedding. After all, she set this up and Jimmy would just rent a dozen strippers.
JIMMY: I can’t afford a dozen.

“No. Now, let’s go investigate who’s causing this slowdown on the Southside.”
Maybe the city pulled the law enforcement resources over into the better neighborhoods with the taxpaying and donating voters?

3 out of 4 isn’t too bad, is it?

Although, he had to admit the lawyer had rubbed Lois raw by intentionally implying that Lois wasn’t important enough to address, but still…
MAYSON: What? The woman is just a gossip monger.

Perhaps that meant something. Had Lois finally noticed that her partner was a man? A man other women found attractive?
Nah, she just doesn’t want to be partnered with a stooge.

A man who could come to her in his hour of need?
Like a little brother, huh?

His brow furrowed as he frowned. Was that what she thought of him? That he couldn’t take care of himself? He could.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois could also be worried that she could lose her one chance to reciprocate and put their relationship back on more even footing, because he might call Mayson Drake instead of Lois should trouble with Baby Rage’s gang occur.
He’s kind of elaborate in his paranoia, isn’t he?

He doubted that she was jealous of any of those women

. It wasn’t as if she had ever shown any interest in him anyway.
Doesn’t mean she has to like it if her drip of a partner gets the tripper from sleeping with every willing woman who flaunts it his way.

Clark had opened his heart to her the previous spring and she had declined, and not very kindly, he might add.
To be fair, she was to be engaged to a very wealthy man and also had her eyes set on a torrid affair with the local vigilante.

Well, the average Joe side of him. The Super side of him would be accepted in seconds flat.
Aww…he’s jealous. Again.

Maybe Clark should hang up this crush he had on his partner. She had told him, after all, that he was ‘always repeating himself’ and that he should ‘try something new’.
evil
LOIS: What does he mean by ‘Galactically Stupid’?

Was that what she meant? Stop following her around like some lovesick puppy?
She did tell him not to fall for her. She doesn’t have the time.
H.G.Wells: wave

Unfortunately, love wasn’t something he could turn on and off.
That’s what I had Revenge developed for.

Lois had been too preoccupied with this story to enter into a discussion with Clark about how important her partner was to her.
evil

shot her before she could tell Clark about her true feelings for him, she would just die.
Yeah, can you imagine, her being covered in yellow paint when she tells him that she loves him?

Lois stepped up to Clark’s front door, only to notice movement inside.
Ooooh, look! Clark’s home. And he’s brought a squeeze with him.

CLARK: Puppies. Flowers. Rainbow. Please, just make it stop!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

How… How… How… ? The big lug. He was supposed to fall for her!
CUPID: Oops?

She bet he had been hoping for some more kissy-face with that… that… lawyer.
So, it goes ‘slut’ and then ‘laywer’?

She bet he was surprised to find out his newest squeeze wanted his partner dead.
Well…that’s just honest competition. All’s fair in love and war, isn’t it?

Clark had never said what he would do.
Call his newest squeeze and ask her to back off?

After leaving her uncle’s café, Lois did something she usually didn’t do. She stopped by a bar for a drink, and not just a glass of wine.
/points at the one with the Bachelor Auction/ Hmm…there’s also quite a few fics where Lois gets drunk. Intentionally. And then has intimate relations with her partner. Unintentionally, or so she later claims.

A real drink. A drink of hard alcohol.
[Linked Image]

She only had one, because she knew how alcohol could ruin someone’s life.
[Linked Image]

She did it to have something in her hand as she thought, and the Fudge Castle was already closed for the night.
How drunken binges start…

Every time she thought he was superior example of man, he would do something stupid like kiss Mayson Drake and prove her wrong.
To be fair, all the other girls (sic) also think that he’s a superior example of man flesh (sic).

She hated being proved wrong.
Yet another reason to hate his girlfriends, huh?

Lois could also imagine what her life would be like if she continued to allow her partner to make lunkheaded mistakes.
[Linked Image]

She needed to find a way to enlighten Clark on the stupidity of his ways.
TEMPUS: Now playing in a movie theater near you…
[Linked Image]

There was one way that would surely get Clark’s attention.
[Linked Image] ?

It would have to be a last resort, though; after she had exhausted all other avenues.
Huh?

. If she allowed Clark to continue with his flirtation with Mayson Drake, all could be lost.
In case he knocks her up?

She would visit the new CostMart store on her way into work the next morning, before she lost her nerve.
To prove Mayson is in bed with Bill Church?

“Clark, she’s dirty!” Lois insisted.
So, he should take Mayson into the shower?

“You don’t have any proof on Snell and you’re willing to go after him,” Lois retorted instead of showing him any proof.
Duh! He’s a guy. Clark’s a guy. No attraction lost there.

Giddy? His heart lifted. “Are you jealous?” he asked hopefully.
clap

Whatever he did? He raised his brows. Mayson was a what, in Lois’s opinion.
rotflol She did not say he was doing a human.
CLARK: The ER thinks my girlfriend’s a sexbot?

What did she think he had been doing with Mayson?
Drawing diagrams?

“How is it affecting our job when I say ‘I disagree’?” Clark asked, knowing the answer already.
[Linked Image]

Lois hated it when he didn’t agree with her.
LOIS: That’s because I prefer to work with people who are right instead of wrong.

She moved around the conference table to jab him in the chest. “You’re saying ‘stay away from my girlfriend’.”
Isn’t it funny how it’s the same situation as it was back when with Lex, only then it was Lois jumping into the bed with the morally-challenged.

He could sense her jealousy with every word, but what he couldn’t do was understand it. Hadn’t it been her idea that he move on?
/points at The Pact by KatherineKent/

If she wasn’t so blind, she would see that he could never love, never seriously date anyone other than her.
LOIS: huh

He was doing what she told him to do and still she wasn’t happy.
Well, there’s various tropes in regard to this. One has to do with passive-aggressive behavior. The other with a 28-day cycle.

He couldn’t afford, literally, to have Lois anger their best source by stealing his payment.
rotflol

“Kent, I swear one of these days I’m going to figure out the name of your secret restaurant and where’s it’s hidden.”
Maybe Bobby could start by nixing all the locations that would not be it.
BOBBY: Let’s see…Lois’s kitchen would be number one…

“This food is better…” He lowered his voice. “Than my mama’s. You’ve gotta tell me.”
eek
LOIS & CLARK’s kids: So? We can say the same thing about basically anything that not toxic waste.

He aimed to please.
Anyone but Lois, apparently.
CLARK: That’s not true. I’d love to please Lois but she isn’t interested. She just asks me to get her a new pack of batteries. Must be all those Ivory Tower marathons she’s always having.

Between chews, he said, “You’ve got to stop dating that ADA Drake woman.”
thud

He hated being wrong about people, especially people he liked… as friends and friends only.
Plus, he doesn’t like the taste of crow. That one time when he yawned while flying back from an all-nighter that been enough to last him a lifetime.

“God, no!” Bobby gasped. “Nah. She’s clean,
So, no STDs?

, even if she has bad taste…” He shoveled another bite into his mouth.
Clark wondered why Bobby was insulting him.
“…in employers,” Bobby finished.
rotflol

Was Bobby about to tell Clark that Lois was secretly in love with him?
[Linked Image]

If not disbarred, then her professional reputation would be in tatters.
Like in “What’s the difference between a college co-ed and an ADA?”
MAYSON: confused I’m not a college co-ed. I have a law degree.

The case could be thrown out on the technicality that the DA was dating her star witness, alone. Lois would never forgive you if you did that to her uncle.
Oooh! That would be a great cover for Mayson. All she has to do is work to the best of her abilities, but sleep with the state’s star witnesses.

. “The only people who don’t know about it are Mayson Drake and Lois, herself.”
clap

“One last thing…”
“Uh-huh,” Clark asked, leaning forward. He was on the edge of his seat.
“Didn’t this meal come with dessert?”
rotflol

That was a very entertaining mid-part. And now, for the grand finale!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, you are all so kind to fill up my inbox today. Thank you. smile

KatherineKent: First one in to brighten my morning.

I knew it. As soon as Uncle Mike's cafe was mentioned...
You knew that Lois couldn't be properly jealous unless Clark went on a real date?
CLARK: Date? Mayson and I aren't dating. It was just one kiss. We're just friends.

Lois is so jealous. How did it take her so long to realise that she just wants Clark all to herself.
About 5 minutes after she realized that if she didn't take Clark off the market, some other woman would.

Oh yeah. Clark is soooo interested in Mayson. Lois, you may as well give up the fight now.
LOIS: mecry Wait! /dries eyes/ I don't cry over a man. I'll make *him* cry!

*gasp* He's actually interested? Or maybe he's just teasing Lois. We know he likes to do that.
It's just a business card. Mayson's the D.A. for the case against the man he saw bomb Mike's restaurant. It's purely business. He's doing it for Lois.
LOIS: /scoffs/ Yeah. Right.

Yup. I love that Clark noticed this and is VERY happy about it.
Why wouldn't he be? Like Lois, he appreciates being proved right.

No, no, Don't lose hope. You were right the first time round!
evil But don't worry. There's only one part left. I could surprise you and they might invite Lois to the wedding.

No. That's NOT what she meant. CLARK! Don't be stupid. Come on! I feel like slapping him around the head. He's just so humble and self-deprecating that he can never contemplate that a woman (Lois) might think he's the most wonderful man in the whole world.
CLARK: No? Are you sure? This is Lois. She doesn't like me.

Okay, so my prediction of Lois telling Clark she has feeling for him going off without a hitch was ... completely waaay off.
[Linked Image] Rumor has it that happens in my stories.

NOOOOOO. What!!!!!! Clark would never close his eyes and allow himself to enjoy a kiss from anyone other than Lois. What happened?
CLARK: My mom taught me it was only polite to kiss with your eyes closed. shock Was she wrong?

Sounds good.
EW: /sets out a supply of green crusted baseball bats for readers to hand to Lois./

Except. I don't think Clark is actually being as stupid as she thinks ... so whatever she tries to do ... probably won't work ... and she'll be even more upset!
TEMPUS: /rubs hands in glee/ Delightful. I just love it when good guy's plans fail. Popcorn anyone?

No. That wasn't what she meant ... the 'new' thing you're supposed to try ... it's her ... it's LOIS!
I love you yelling at my characters. smile1 Sometimes, I wish they could hear you.
CLARK: But Lois isn't "new", she's "old".
LOIS: What was that?
CLARK: What? You hear the voices too?

Spot on for Bobby!
Thank you. I find him one of my favorite guest appearances.

Loved it. Can't wait for the final part.
Thank you. Is Wednesday soon enough? peep

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mike M: Thank you for reading.

I loved this part!!
Thank you. Always nice to hear. dance

But the part that made me LOL was /Bobby stating the obvious/

Bobby summed up the first two seasons in one paragraph but particularly the last sentence.
BOBBY: Oh, my bad. Should I go back and un-say it, so you can still have S1 & S2?

The last part should be fun
I thought so. evil Thank you for commenting.

Framework4: Thanks for popping in! wave

Delightful
Thank you. Just brushing up on my bantering skills.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: hyper Another two-part FDK. Thank you. blush
MAYSON: Of course an ADA has to dress better than the ladies of the night she’s prosecuting.
LOIS: Yep, Perry, I'm sure there's something rotten in the D.A.'s office. I can smell it from here.

He does realize that this is Lois we’re talking about here, right?
CLARK: Michael's Right. Lois is unforgettable.
LOIS: He’s feeble attempts at threatening me are adorable, don’t you agree, Clark?
CLARK: /tries not to lose another year of his life thinking about the possibilities/
CLARK: Definitely a low level thug, Lois.

I wonder if she’d be less catty where the blonde ADA merely a blonde DA.
LOIS: No, but I'd have my reporter's notebook out as I wrote up about misconduct in the DA's office.

LOIS: /recalls Clark's reaction to the accusation against Miranda/ She’d already be well into her forties by then, so yeah, that would be preferred.
CLARK: Me flirting with a significantly older woman who likes to date outside her non-creepy dating pool?
Because older women are *never* interested younger handsome men?

That’s why she stayed with Lex for so long?
LOIS: Wrong Lois.
Nope. Canon Lois didn't quit Lex.
CLARK: Must you rub it in.
LOIS: I quit him. I turned him down at the altar.

Let me introduce you. Lois Lane, Mayson Drake. Mayson Drake, this is the other woman.
LOIS: Thank you, Michael. Ms. Skank, let the games begin.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WaGD Part 2
“And I just wanted to say about their response time, I’ve seen maple drip faster.”
Okay, don’t read that last bit while you’re tired and prone to yawn. ‘p’s go missing. ‘d’s turn into ‘s’ and ‘t’. It just gets weird.
"And I just wantes to say about their resonse time, I've seen male dri faster." Oooooh. Now I see it. It helps when I read the instructions properly. I thought you wrote 's' change to 't', and I wondered what got 'fatter'. lol

MAYSON: I’ve been into guys ever since my senior year of college. Brunettes dressed for business are just not my type.
Not romantically interested; interested in as a person.

Well…he’s obviously a very rare specimen in need of protection.
CLARK: I’m a very patient man. Why should I carry protection?
LOIS: What does that have to do with Mayson having big ears? Wait. Why do you carry protection?
CLARK: I don't.
LOIS: /nods/ Okay. Don't worry. I'm always prepared.
CLARK: What?

CLARK: /huh/ How did she figure out I’m Superman and can dangle crooks off rooftops until they still their guts.
She undressed him with her eyes?
CLARK: Cousin Kara?!

DILLINGER: That was because of the fake-butter-soaked popcorn, not because of him dangling me.
SUPERMAN: Ooops! Butter fingers. I guess, I'll order my popcorn without butter next time. (Also, TOGoM hasn't happened yet.)

Apparently he did recognize her come-on.
CLARK: No. I was reacting to the flattery.
LOIS: As if it was your first time.
CLARK: Well, it has been a while.
LOIS: /slaps his chest/ I flatter you all the time.
CLARK: You know time moves faster for me than others, but still once a year doesn't equal 'all the time'.
LOIS: It does for me.
CAT: Explains a lot, doesn't it?

CLARK: What? She’s got her taxi-light on, which means she’s available for a ride.
MAYSON: And, Judge, when we're finished with Mr. Rage, I'd like to lodge a sexual harassment suit against my main witness. Thank you.

CLARK: The nice blonde woman was speaking to me.
LOIS: Oh, shut up, Clark. If you hadn't noticed. Pretty women talk to you all the time.
CLARK: /looking at Lois/ I know.
LOIS: mad

She’s just saying that because that’s what the Prankster did with her last week.
PRANKSTER: I boiled her in the hot seat? Darn. I missed that.

What? He might want to ask her out on a date or something.
LOIS: That's professional.

I think it’s considerate that Mayson didn’t make him stalk her at the courthouse.
MAYSON: D.A. Clemmons, we really must do something about Superman. I think he's following me.

Isn’t a Chinese dragon often described as a feathered serpent? So, yes, I believe that was an honest mistake by Lois.
Is a drake another name for dragon? Let's see Draco Malfoy supposed is, so I guess it is. Works for me.

Except that Mayson was taking her corner?

From jealous wives?
No, just any complaints.

MARTIN SNELL: My client was obviously set up by ADA Drake and her boytoy over there.
LOIS: Cllaaark! You ruined the case against the man who tried to bomb my uncle's cafe!

But Superman wouldn’t be showing Clark a good time while he’s with him.
SUPERMAN: /pleads the fifth/
How patient is Clark anyway?

Because she’d also be happy to show him a good time?
No, no. Lois wouldn't do that.
LOIS: Okay, Clark, strip. The bad guys can't see us if we're naked!

LOIS: Why did the ER skip the karate-bit? /wonders when that will show/
EW: Wonders why ER is letting Lois berate him so, or what Karate bit from Prankster she's referring to? The part with the spatula? Or was that invisible man?

CLARK: I think I’ll ask Lois to be my best man at the wedding. After all, she set this up and Jimmy would just rent a dozen strippers.
JIMMY: I can’t afford a dozen.
As a member of the wedding party, he would still be able to enjoy them, though, right?
JIMMY: I'm okay with being an usher.
LOIS: I'm not buying you ANY strippers, Clark!
CLARK: Ooooh, Lois. Are you going to break out that harem costume again?

Maybe the city pulled the law enforcement resources over into the better neighborhoods with the taxpaying and donating voters?
Sounds reasonable.

3 out of 4 isn’t too bad, is it?
Completely - check. Totally - check. Irrationally - check. Jealous - no check? huh

LOIS: Let me at her! I'm going to tear her in two! splat

The true reason Cat left?

A man who could come to her in his hour of need?
Like a little brother, huh?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: No!

LOIS: /rolls on the floor with laughter after thinking of Clark taking care of himself/
CLARK: Have I just been insulted?
Reeve-CLARK: /pats his shoulder/ Don't worry. It just means the disguise is working.
CLARK: Didn't you grow up on this planet as Clark Kent, too? Why are you acting as if that part of you doesn't exist?

He’s kind of elaborate in his paranoia, isn’t he?
Lois is kind of an elaborate sort of woman.

He doubted that she was jealous of any of those women
LOIS: /Nah. I can take 'em/
CLARK: I really shouldn't date anyone so willing to harm another human being.

Doesn’t mean she has to like it if her drip of a partner gets the tripper from sleeping with every willing woman who flaunts it his way.
The tripper? That sounds painful.

To be fair, she was to be engaged to a very wealthy man and also had her eyes set on a torrid affair with the local vigilante.
LOIS: Exactly!

Aww…he’s jealous. Again.
Always.

It's just something Clark calls himself from time to time. Just ignore him.

She did tell him not to fall for her. She doesn’t have the time.
H.G.Wells: /wave/
WELLS: No, no. I only get involved if there's a chance the curse might be enacted. Doesn't stand a chance here.

Oh, dear. Has Michael turned into Miranda?

Yeah, can you imagine, her being covered in yellow paint when she tells him that she loves him?
She meant with real bullets.

Ooooh, look! Clark’s home. And he’s brought a squeeze with him.
Bad Clark. Bad boy indeed.

Puppies, flowers, and rainbows give Clark unromantic thoughts?
CLARK: What can I say? I was a child in the 70s.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*** Continuation of Response to Darth Michael's FDK ***
APHRODITE: Eros, honey, you should have told me that you were color-blind, sweetie. Mommy could have fixed that problem.

Yep. The insults get progressively worse.

Well…that’s just honest competition. All’s fair in love and war, isn’t it?
CLARK: /forms T with his hands/ Time-Out! I don't want anyone to get killed. Okay, ladies, winner takes all in a mud wrestling match.
MAYSON: Excuse me.
LOIS: /cracks neck and knuckles/ I can do that.

Call his newest squeeze and ask her to back off?
CLARK: Hey, Mayson, sorry about calling so late. Could you roll over and tell Mr. Church to have his guys lay off Mike's Cafe Americana? It's really developing a crimp in my relationship with Lois. Thanks.

/points at the one with the Bachelor Auction/ Hmm…there’s also quite a few fics where Lois gets drunk. Intentionally. And then has intimate relations with her partner. Unintentionally, or so she later claims.
So, Lois should go back to Clark's after he's already had Mayson? He might be too tired.

A real drink. A drink of hard alcohol.
ER: /recommends the apple-tini/
Yeah. I just can't see Lois ordering one of those in her current mode.
LOIS: Vodka. And leave the bottle.

She only had one, because she knew how alcohol could ruin someone’s life.
ER: /recalls what happened to Doc Brown./
Yeah. Him too.

How drunken binges start…
ELLEN: [Linked Image]

To be fair, all the other girls (sic) also think that he’s a superior example of man flesh (sic).
CLARK: Are you implying that Kryptonian bodies don't contain flesh with those remarks?

Yet another reason to hate his girlfriends, huh?
It's always good to have a spare reason.

Lois could also imagine what her life would be like if she continued to allow her partner to make lunkheaded mistakes.
ER: /thinks she'll turn into a cat woman/
I was thinking she'd more likely turn into Robin from HIMYM.

TEMPUS: Now playing in a movie theater near you…
/Tempus and Herb ride again/
TEMPUS: What? No! That's not what I meant at all!
HERB: Tempus, you complete me.

There was one way that would surely get Clark’s attention.
ER: /belly-dancing/ ?
I think Michael wants you to try it anyway.
CLARK: /raises hand to second the motion/ It couldn't hurt.

In case he knocks her up?
CLARK: I can impregnate Earth women? [Linked Image]
LOIS: Not the reaction I was expecting.

To prove Mayson is in bed with Bill Church?
Possibly.

MAYSON: [Linked Image]
LOIS: I was thinking more Hob's Bay.

So, everything has to do with sexual attraction, no matter what the story might be?

She did not say he was doing a human.
LOIS: Grrrr. mad Girlfriend?

Drawing diagrams?
CLARK: hyper Is that like Pictionary?

LOIS: That’s because I prefer to work with people who are right instead of wrong.
CLARK: But you *like* to work with me, which means I can be right every once in a while.
LOIS: Don't press your luck.

Isn’t it funny how it’s the same situation as it was back when with Lex, only then it was Lois jumping into the bed with the morally-challenged.
No. Because Clark was right both times.

CLARK: Sooooo, she really wants a building to fall on her and Green Lantern to save the day?

Well, there’s various tropes in regard to this. One has to do with passive-aggressive behavior. The other with a 28-day cycle.
LOIS: *Or* the most obvious choice is the simplest. He's plain wrong.

Maybe Bobby could start by nixing all the locations that would not be it.
BOBBY: Let’s see…Lois’s kitchen would be number one…
This is going to take a while.

LOIS & CLARK’s kids: So? We can say the same thing about basically anything that not toxic waste.
CLARK: What do you mean they've tried your cooking? Great. Now we'll have Family Services on our back.

CLARK: That’s not true. I’d love to please Lois but she isn’t interested. She just asks me to get her a new pack of batteries. Must be all those Ivory Tower marathons she’s always having.
Perhaps she cooks when she's upset and she's constantly needing to replace her smoke detector batteries?

Between chews, he said, “You’ve got to stop dating that ADA Drake woman.”
ER: /totally didn't expect Bobby to go there/
evil

Plus, he doesn’t like the taste of crow. That one time when he yawned while flying back from an all-nighter that been enough to last him a lifetime.
CLARK: Cooked crow is much better.

So, no STDs?
Not involved with Intergang.

Was Bobby about to tell Clark that Lois was secretly in love with him?
ER: /Thinks this would be a fun development/
[Linked Image]

MAYSON: /confused/ I’m not a college co-ed. I have a law degree.
RALPH: I'm going to go with "A sense of humor".

Oooh! That would be a great cover for Mayson. All she has to do is work to the best of her abilities, but sleep with the state’s star witnesses.
So, maybe Mayson has been sleeping with Church this whole time?

That was a very entertaining mid-part. And now, for the grand finale!
I had to up the angst due to the SW:ESB clause. wink

I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really enjoyed Mason coming into the story--Lois is normally at her 'best' when she is all worked up about Mason, and definitely she was here. I loved how Clark loved that she was jealous--and the fact that he picked up on it right away.

The parts where Lois was snippy with Mason and Clark was giving her a look/a warning glare/where Lois called her Ms. Snake...the back and forths between Lois and Clark there were really classic. It came across as so authentically 'them'--I could just picture these moments unfolding hyper

Bobby was written so 'Bobby'--wow, you really captured him clap. And way to go, Bobby, telling Clark how obvious it is that Clark is in love with Lois. Clark being so surprised that Bobby had figured his feelings out was rotflol. Come on Clark, we all know how much you've always loved Lois, too wink.

Looking forward to seeing how you wrap everything up--should be a blast!

Great story hyper dance notworthy
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/31/14 09:43 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper More FDK! dance

LMA: Hi Laura wave

Really enjoyed Mason coming into the story--Lois is normally at her 'best' when she is all worked up about Mason, and definitely she was here. I loved how Clark loved that she was jealous--and the fact that he picked up on it right away.
Sometimes one needs motivation to kickstart them into action. Mayson is that motivation for Lois.

The parts where Lois was snippy with Mason and Clark was giving her a look/a warning glare/where Lois called her Ms. Snake...the back and forths between Lois and Clark there were really classic. It came across as so authentically 'them'--I could just picture these moments unfolding hyper
They don't realize that they're already acting like a couple, do they? evil

Bobby was written so 'Bobby'--wow, you really captured him clap.
Thank you. [Linked Image]

And way to go, Bobby, telling Clark how obvious it is that Clark is in love with Lois. Clark being so surprised that Bobby had figured his feelings out was rotflol. Come on Clark, we all know how much you've always loved Lois, too wink.
I think it was in the Phoenix, when Clark asked Lois out that Bobby mentioned something about "about time".

Looking forward to seeing how you wrap everything up--should be a blast!
Yes. evil Yes, it will be. /rubs hands with glee/

Great story hyper dance notworthy
Gosh. Oh, golly. Gee, thanks, Laura. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

VirginiaR.
---
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, I love this chapter! party

I agree you nailed the characters.

Mayson is a delicious addition to the mix. And definitely pushing Lois's buttons.

Both Lois and Clark coming to the wrong conclusions about each other is priceless, in character and funny.

“She could be disbarred for trying to influence the testimony of a witness if it comes out that you two have become involved, especially during the trial. If not disbarred, then her professional reputation would be in tatters. If you like Mayson…” Bobby pointed his fork at Clark. “And even more so, since you’re in love with Lois, keep your lips away from Mayson Drake’s. The case could be thrown out on the technicality that the DA was dating her star witness, alone. Lois would never forgive you if you did that to her uncle. Even though I’ve got to say, you couldn’t have picked someone who would rub Lois more raw: blonde and a lawyer!” He chuckled.

I think this is my favorite paragraph. Although Clark's reaction is a very close second! Bobby explaining things to Clark so clearly and succinctly while using both legal and personal arguments is perfect! clap

Looking forward to Part 3.

Kerth
Kerth
Lois rolled her eyes. “Subtle.” She grabbed Clark’s arm and practically dragged him out of the police station. “We’ll be in touch, Ms. Snake. Bye, Uncle Mike!”

LOL...yeah, you're not subtle, Lois! rotflol

Lois was jealous.

Perhaps that meant something. Had Lois finally noticed that her partner was a man? A man other women found attractive? A man worth knowing outside of work? A man who could come to her in his hour of need?

His brow furrowed as he frowned. Was that what she thought of him? That he couldn’t take care of himself? He could.

Great that he sees her jealousy, but funny that his thoughts go off on a totally different tangent.

Lois was the one.

Sadly, she didn’t realize Clark was her ‘one’, too.

I like the way you phrased that. smile

“Oh, please. Does Perry White listen to Elvis Presley? Does Lois Lane have a chocolate addiction? Does Superman leap tall buildings with a single bound? You being in love with Lois is a no-brainer, Kent,” Bobby said, stuffing another bite into his mouth. He swirled his fork around in the air while he chewed to indicate that he wasn’t finished speaking. “The only people who don’t know about it are Mayson Drake and Lois, herself.”

This was great! I love it when Bobby hints that he knows things...him just flat out telling Clark that his love for Lois is beyond obvious is fabulous.

Looking forward to part 3!
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! dance More FDK!

cuidadora: Thank you for commenting.

Oh, I love this chapter! party
Sounds like a good reason to party Can I join?

I agree you nailed the characters.
[Linked Image] Thank you.

Mayson is a delicious addition to the mix. And definitely pushing Lois's buttons.
Mayson and Dan went to the same button pushing school and competed for valedictorian.

Both Lois and Clark coming to the wrong conclusions about each other is priceless, in character and funny.
Hee-hee. Thank you. That's part of the fun.

I think this is my favorite paragraph. Although Clark's reaction is a very close second! Bobby explaining things to Clark so clearly and succinctly while using both legal and personal arguments is perfect!
But will Clark listen? evil

Looking forward to Part 3.
Looking forward to everyone's reaction.

Glad you enjoyed it.

groobie: Thank you for reading.

LOL...yeah, you're not subtle, Lois!
[Linked Image] Hmmm. I guess you're right about that.

Great that he sees her jealousy, but funny that his thoughts go off on a totally different tangent.
Yeah, I nudged his manly pride a bit there.

I like the way you phrased that. smile
Thank you.

This was great! I love it when Bobby hints that he knows things...him just flat out telling Clark that his love for Lois is beyond obvious is fabulous.
I found that quote from The Phoenix:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix
Bobby Bigmouth: I want you to know how happy I am for you and that that there are a lot of people out there that are really pulling for this to work out.
Lois: What people?
Bobby Bigmouth: What, did you think it was a big secret that Clark here has been mooning over you?
Clark: I wouldn't say mooning exactly...
I just moved that admission a few episodes earlier. It's always fun to take an episode in a complete unexpected direction.

Looking forward to part 3!
Gee, with all this outpouring of love, I might have to post early. Hmmmm. I'll consider it.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Its a good story, please do so.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another two-part FDK. Thank you.
blush You’re welcome!

LOIS: Yep, Perry, I'm sure there's something rotten in the D.A.'s office. I can smell it from here.
Did Lois bring Mayson homemade cookies?

LOIS: No, but I'd have my reporter's notebook out as I wrote up about misconduct in the DA's office.
Meow!

Because older women are *never* interested younger handsome men?
Hence Clark’s worry.
LOIS: But…but…but…*Mother* never was interested in any man not named Jack or Daniel after she was past forty!

So, she *almost* went through with it. And in the end, she thought he deserved a better woman. A woman who’s not pining after another guy.

I thought you wrote 's' change to 't', and I wondered what got 'fatter'.
peep Lois after Halloween?

LOIS: What does that have to do with Mayson having big ears? Wait. Why do you carry protection?
rotflol
Let me guess, none of them has an older packaging date then the day of Superman’s arrival?

clap
Jor-El: Aaaawkward!

CLARK: No. I was reacting to the flattery.
LOIS: As if it was your first time.
CLARK: Well, it has been a while.
LOIS: /slaps his chest/ I flatter you all the time.
CLARK: You know time moves faster for me than others, but still once a year doesn't equal 'all the time'.
LOIS: It does for me.
CAT: Explains a lot, doesn't it?
rotflol She’s just like Christmas, isn’t she?

MAYSON: And, Judge, when we're finished with Mr. Rage, I'd like to lodge a sexual harassment suit against my main witness. Thank you.
Can you actually do that if it’s not an employer-employee relationship and no physical contact was involved? huh

LOIS: Oh, shut up, Clark. If you hadn't noticed. Pretty women talk to you all the time.
LOIS: <doesn’t like being taken seriously for her looks>
huh

Quote:
What? He might want to ask her out on a date or something.
LOIS: That's professional.
What? *She’s* dressing up as ‘available’ to get inside scoops.
LOIS: That’s because I’m a woman. When a guy does it, it’s creepy and unprofessional.

MAYSON: D.A. Clemmons, we really must do something about Superman. I think he's following me.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

Is a drake another name for dragon?
[Linked Image]

Quote:
Except that Mayson was taking her corner?
clap

Quote:
LOIS: Cllaaark! You ruined the case against the man who tried to bomb my uncle's cafe!
CLARK confused help

Quote:
But Superman wouldn’t be showing Clark a good time while he’s with him.
SUPERMAN: /pleads the fifth/
How patient is Clark anyway?
laugh

rotflol
It did work in that one story by Editor Jax where she sent L&C to New Orleans during Mardi Gras.

EW: Wonders why ER is letting Lois berate him so, or what Karate bit from Prankster she's referring to? The part with the spatula? Or was that invisible man?
[Linked Image] That one’s lost to the ages?

As a member of the wedding party, he would still be able to enjoy them, though, right?
rotflol So, private bachelor party for Clark, then?

Completely - check. Totally - check. Irrationally - check. Jealous - no check?
Actually, the irrationally one’s the fail.

Quote:
LOIS: Let me at her! I'm going to tear her in two! <doesn’t like it when someone calls her work as they see it>
MAYSON: /deadpans/

Quote:
The true reason Cat left?
Perry introduced the new hire she was to work with?
RALPH: wave

Reeve-CLARK: /pats his shoulder/ Don't worry. It just means the disguise is working.
CLARK: Didn't you grow up on this planet as Clark Kent, too? Why are you acting as if that part of you doesn't exist?
Reeve-CLARK: Dad died when I was young. I try to forget that part. Plus, I got there during Kindergarten, so some of my personality was already formed.

LOIS: wallbash I’ll kill him!

Quote:
So, trying to not upset your female lead character?
LOIS: What does the ER mean by ‘female’? I *am* the *lead* character. Period.
CLARK: She’s having her period?
ER: peep That last one just fell into place…

WELLS: No, no. I only get involved if there's a chance the curse might be enacted. Doesn't stand a chance here.
laugh He’s not very good at determining human intent, is he?
TEMPUS: wave

Quote:
Oh, dear. Has Michael turned into Miranda?
There should have been ‘Lex’ or ‘Miranda’ prefixed.

Puppies, flowers, and rainbows give Clark unromantic thoughts?
laugh I was thinking ‘happy place thoughts’?

APHRODITE: Eros, honey, you should have told me that you were color-blind, sweetie. Mommy could have fixed that problem.
rotflol

Yep. The insults get progressively worse.
clap

CLARK: /forms T with his hands/ Time-Out! I don't want anyone to get killed. Okay, ladies, winner takes all in a mud wrestling match.
laugh
JIMMY: /buys popcorn/
RALPH: Can I have some? /lunges in/

CLARK: Hey, Mayson, sorry about calling so late. Could you roll over and tell Mr. Church to have his guys lay off Mike's Cafe Americana? It's really developing a crimp in my relationship with Lois. Thanks.
I’m not sure that would put him in good standing with Mayson. She might even nix the ‘ski’-weekend.

So, Lois should go back to Clark's after he's already had Mayson? He might be too tired.
laugh

LOIS: Vodka. And leave the bottle.
ELLEN: My daughter!

CLARK: Are you implying that Kryptonian bodies don't contain flesh with those remarks?
No. Gender reference. Not species.

Robin?

TEMPUS: What? No! That's not what I meant at all!
HERB: Tempus, you complete me.
laugh

ER: /belly-dancing/ ?
EW: I think Michael wants you to try it anyway.
CLARK: /raises hand to second the motion/ It couldn't hurt.
clap

Quote:
MAYSON: <likes that idea and thinks she’s a very diiiiirty girl>
LOIS: I was thinking more Hob's Bay.
But would that get her clean?
LOIS: Is that relevant?

Quote:
So, everything has to do with sexual attraction, no matter what the story might be?
/points at ‘author’ column/ peep

Quote:
She did not say he was doing a human.
LOIS: Grrrr. <distinctly unhappy> Girlfriend?
laugh

Quote:
Drawing diagrams?
Yes, he always has to uncover two pieces that match.

CLARK: But you *like* to work with me, which means I can be right every once in a while.
LOIS: Don't press your luck.
clap

Quote:
CLARK: Sooooo, she really wants a building to fall on her and Green Lantern to save the day?
Oops?

CLARK: Right. Wait, that’s not a trope, is it?

CLARK: What do you mean they've tried your cooking? Great. Now we'll have Family Services on our back.
rotflol

Perhaps she cooks when she's upset and she's constantly needing to replace her smoke detector batteries?
Uh-huh.

Quote:
clap And yet, they both want to put him into jail when she jumps out of a closet at a girls dorm, dressed as The Naked Man with a clown mask and very large shoes.
CO-ED: He was exaggerating with the shoes.

No, I’m sure that could get her disbarred.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Always.

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 11/03/14 04:54 PM. Reason: Fixed quote blocks

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Thank you for commenting. smile1

Its a good story, please do so.
I'll keep it under advisement. Perhaps tomorrow... Perhaps Wednesday as usual.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
More FDK FDK! hyper Any reason for the triple empty quote blocks? Did something get lost in translation?

Did Lois bring Mayson homemade cookies?
I doubt Lois would waste her time in that manner.

EW: Because older women are *never* interested younger handsome men? (sarcasm)
ER: Hence Clark’s worry. (from the Cougar brigade?)
LOIS: But…but…but…*Mother* never was interested in any man not named Jack or Daniel after she was past forty!
Ewwwww. Ellen went after DAN?
LOIS: I knew I didn't like Rocky Road. [Linked Image]

ER: So, she *almost* went through with it. And in the end, she thought he deserved a better woman. A woman who’s not pining after another guy.
That would explain why she kissed him after telling him 'no'.

Lois after Halloween?
The only Halloween story (KenJ's) that we got this year, seems to point to Lois getting enough exercise to burn off all the calories.

ER: Let me guess, none of them has an older packaging date then the day of Superman’s arrival?
LOIS: [Linked Image] I plead the Fifth.

Jor-El: Aaaawkward!
MAYSON: What? Me? No! Can first cousins date on Krypton?
CLARK: I doubt it.
MAYSON: Then definitely not.

She’s just like Christmas, isn’t she?
You mean a gift that's only opened once a year?
CLARK: Where's Herb and that time machine?

ER: Can you actually do that if it’s not an employer-employee relationship and no physical contact was involved?
I don't think so. Right now, it's a big issue about women getting harassed walking down the street. It was listed as a crime in the penal code I referenced in Lois and Clark Do 100 Crimes thread.
CAT: Uh-oh.

LOIS: /doesn’t realize that Clark is referring to her and gets all huffy/

ER: What? He might want to ask her out on a date or something.
LOIS: That's professional. (sarcasm)
ER: What? *She’s* dressing up as ‘available’ to get inside scoops.
LOIS: That’s because I’m a woman. When a guy does it, it’s creepy and unprofessional.
I thought the "she" was Mayson.

CLARK /confused why pretty women being nice to him always seems to lead to trouble/
CLARK: Ma, it happened again.

ER: It did work in that one story by Editor Jax where she sent L&C to New Orleans during Mardi Gras.
Ooooh. I haven't read that one! Would that be over on the Archives, per chance? Or is that something else I should look for over at Annie's Nfic Archives?

EW: As a member of the wedding party, he would still be able to enjoy them, though, right?
ER: So, private bachelor party for Clark, then?
JIMMY: So, I'm NOT invited? Man, that sucks.

EW: Completely - check. Totally - check. Irrationally - check. Jealous - no check?
ER: Actually, the irrationally one’s the fail.
Okay, I was wondering there.

ER: Nah, she just doesn’t want to be partnered with a stooge.
EW: The true reason Cat left?
ER: Perry introduced the new hire she was to work with?
RALPH: /wave/
And gave Clark to Cat? jawdrop
CAT: hyper

Reeve-CLARK: Dad died when I was young. I try to forget that part. Plus, I got there during Kindergarten, so some of my personality was already formed.
I thought it was more like Age 3.

LOIS: I’ll kill him!
Not really helping her case there, is she?

ER: So, trying to not upset your female lead character?
LOIS: What does the ER mean by ‘female’? I *am* the *lead* character. Period.
CLARK: She’s having her period?
ER: /peep/ That last one just fell into place…
And you wonder why your Lois-Muse has been absent lately?

ER: He’s not very good at determining human intent, is he?
TEMPUS: /wave/
It's part of HG Wells's charm.

EW: Puppies, flowers, and rainbows give Clark unromantic thoughts?
ER: I was thinking ‘happy place thoughts’?
And going to his "happy place" will stop him from being aroused? dizzy

JIMMY: /buys popcorn/
RALPH: Can I have some? /lunges in/
CAT: Only if I get to write it up.

ER: I’m not sure that would put him in good standing with Mayson. She might even nix the ‘ski’-weekend.
LOIS: /pats his shoulder/ Aw shucks, huh, Clark. Well, better luck next time.

ER: Robin?
HIMYM = How I Met Your Mother.

ER: Duh! He’s a guy. Clark’s a guy. No attraction lost there.
EW: So, everything has to do with sexual attraction, no matter what the story might be?
ER: points at ‘author’ column/ peep
I take offense at that and any other statement of fact that implies my characters don't take their work seriously.

ER: Drawing diagrams?
ER: Yes, he always has to uncover two pieces that match.
CLARK: Keep taking off clothing. I don't see any matches yet.
EW: What does that have to do with Pictionary?
LOIS: I was wondering the same thing?
CLARK: But Mayson said that's how this game was played.

CLARK: Right. Wait, that’s not a trope, is it?
Not always, then it gets predictable.

ER: Like in “What’s the difference between a college co-ed and an ADA?”
ER: And yet, they both want to put him into jail when she jumps out of a closet at a girls dorm, dressed as The Naked Man with a clown mask and very large shoes.
CO-ED: He was exaggerating with the shoes.
I have no idea where you just went, but that sounds like grounds for Perry not to hire Ralph.

ER: No, I’m sure that could get her disbarred.
Only if its discovered he's the head of Intergang.
MAYSON: Honestly, D.A. Clemmons I had *no* idea that my married ex-boss whom I was sleeping was also head of an international crime syndicate.
LOIS: Explains a lot about the D.A.'s office in Metropolis conviction rate, doesn't it?

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
She could be disbarred for trying to influence the testimony of a witness if it comes out that you two have become involved, especially during the trial. If not disbarred, then her professional reputation would be in tatters.

I feel rather stupid that this never occurred to me. I like this direction you're taking.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard