Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259002 10/29/14 11:50 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here. I'll post the next part ... when I feel enough people have commented. *evil grin* Either that, or enough time has passed ... or I'm desperate for more new FDK.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Tee here! This was such a good story the first time I read it and it's only gotten better. laugh

Last edited by Morgana; 10/29/14 02:14 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Yea! Another new story! And not only that, it's by KK! Double goodness! dance

How is Lois the only one who hears the sled? Is she just more curious or more naive to check out strange noises down an alley? So, how did older Lois get there? Kidnapped by Tempus? Probably. Nobody does sarcasm better. Or did she only hoodwink Tempus into thinking he kidnapped her? She seemed pretty good at taking care of herself.

So, what kind of repercussions will Lois telling her younger self that she'll marry a man named Kent have on Lois's life, I wonder.

Lots of intrigue! clap Can't wait to see where you take this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a feeling I am going to love the series based on the first part. Of course I am a sucker for Lois time traveling because she seems to always take it in stride so well. Not to mention the grey haired Lois taking out Tempus without messing up a hair on her head. Love it!

Of course you could take it anywhere from here and I can't wait!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't usually comment on stories I'm involved in as a beta, but you guys have a treat in store with this one.

As it turns out, Vicki, I'm glad you left it at 4 short parts.

Last edited by KenJ; 10/29/14 06:18 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You didn’t even have to show it was Tempus; the dialogue was enough. laugh

Cute story! I guessed it was Future Lois early on, but I enjoyed the interchange. I’m curious to see what Future Lois decides to tell Teenage Lois.

Looking forward to the next part!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhhh--this is going to be good! smile

I'm really intregued, also...and Virginia brought up a great point about Teenage Lois hearing the name 'Kent' as her older self's husband. Hmmm--that could make things interesting!

Can't wait for more,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/30/14 03:06 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LWhite
I'm intrigued...

This looks like an interesting set-up to a story - I look forward to more!
Thank you. And you have no idea how much of a set up to another story it really is ...

Originally Posted by Morgana
Tee here! This was such a good story the first time I read it and it's only gotten better. laugh
Thanks. Can't wait for you to see some of the stuff I've already got on the sequel.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
hyper Yea! Another new story! And not only that, it's by KK! Double goodness! dance
*bows* Thank you. *embarassed*

How is Lois the only one who hears the sled? Is she just more curious or more naive to check out strange noises down an alley?
She's not the only one. She's just the only one who cares.

So, how did older Lois get there? Kidnapped by Tempus? Probably. Nobody does sarcasm better. Or did she only hoodwink Tempus into thinking he kidnapped her? She seemed pretty good at taking care of herself.
She did take care of herself pretty well didn't she?

So, what kind of repercussions will Lois telling her younger self that she'll marry a man named Kent have on Lois's life, I wonder.
Ohhhh, you have no idea. Knowing that her future husband's last name will be Kent ... if you think that one piece of knowledge will affect Lois, then just wait and see.

Lots of intrigue! clap Can't wait to see where you take this.
Hope you like it. *fingers crossed*

Originally Posted by Mike M
I have a feeling I am going to love the series based on the first part.
Wow. Pretty confident there. And it's quite a short part too.

Of course I am a sucker for Lois time traveling because she seems to always take it in stride so well.
You know, I've just realised, tonight, that I absolutely love time travel stories in science fiction, but not quite as much in fantasy/comic book. Not that I'm against them, and Tempus Fugitive is one of my favourite episodes, but I actually prefer time travel better in Sci-Fi - like Star Trek. Even so, I still love reading fics where Lois or Clark end up in the future/past/swap, and always wondered if I'd ever come up with a time travel LnC plot. Guess what - I have - but, guess what - it isn't this fic. You might be surprised to know, but this isn't a time travel fic ... even though there is a time traveling Lois in it. My time travel idea? No idea when that will get written. Sorry.

Not to mention the grey haired Lois taking out Tempus without messing up a hair on her head. Love it!
Oh yeah. She's quite capable of looking after herself, even at her age.

Of course you could take it anywhere from here and I can't wait!

Mike
Yes. I could take it there or maybe here or what about overthere?

Originally Posted by KenJ
I don't usually comment on stories I'm involved in as a beta, but you guys have a treat in store with this one.

As it turns out, Vicki, I'm glad you left it at 4 short parts.
Thanks Ken. You know, one bad thing about you being my beta ... I never get your comments in this form frown just your 'technical' comments.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
You didn’t even have to show it was Tempus; the dialogue was enough. laugh
Thanks. smile

Cute story! I guessed it was Future Lois early on, but I enjoyed the interchange.
I think everyone knew who the older woman was. Well, everyone except teenage Lois.

I’m curious to see what Future Lois decides to tell Teenage Lois.
You and a whole load of other people, including teenage Lois.

Looking forward to the next part!
Me too.

Originally Posted by LMA
Ohhhh--this is going to be good! smile
Really? I'm not so sure.

I'm really intregued, also...and Virginia brought up a great point about Teenage Lois hearing the name 'Kent' as her older self's husband. Hmmm--that could make things interesting!
LOL. Just you wait.

Can't wait for more,
Laura
Well, you'll have to. I'm not ready to post chapter 2 yet!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

I am surprised! I kinda thought that I gave you more comments than you could ever hope for during the beta process. rotflol

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Vicki,

I am surprised! I kinda thought that I gave you more comments than you could ever hope for during the beta process. rotflol
LOL. Are you saying that my work is so riddled with mistakes that you are constantly having to comment?

Seriously - You know very well that you are a fantastic beta Ken. Your comments are spot on... they are serious, and useful, and knowledgeable and so much more.

But, I miss out on any 'fun' comments cause you've beta-d. frown

Not that I should be complaining. I'm terrible at commenting. I'm in the bad habit of reading other people's updates when I'm not in a suitable place to comment, and then, because I've already read the update, I don't always go back to leave a comment. *slaps hand*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

I have to be serious here. I do consider myself very lucky to be working with such a talented author. notworthy

Last edited by KenJ; 10/30/14 06:47 PM.

kj
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start.

Framework4
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Vicki,

I have to be serious here. I do consider myself very lucky to be working with such a talented author. notworthy
*blushes* Thank you Ken. I don't class myself as particularly talented ... but I'm just full of story ideas that won't stop coming...

Sometimes I wish my 'idea muse' would take a vacation and my 'writing muse' would work overtime to be able to catch up.

Originally Posted by Framework4
Nice start.
Thanks. Maybe it's time for the next part... I'll have to think about it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great start to this story!
So … little chance of her getting the position. And much too hard work if she did.

Awww, Lois. Love this insight into her insecurity.

"Well, now. Isn't this amusing," came a sarcastic sounding, masculine voice. "Of all the people to run into … it's little, naïve, impressionable-"

Another 'oomph' sound came down the alley and the man groaned. Lois heard shuffling and she called out again. "Is everything okay?"

Gotta love it when Tempus gets thwarted, especially when it seems it's before he can carry out his plan. smile1

"My name is Lois Lane. Well, actually it's Lois Joanne Lane-Kent, but that's beside the point."

"But …" Lois was frozen in place, the coffee cup still half way from her mouth back to the table.

Lois shocked speechless! Okay, she's teenage Lois, but still...

Oh boy, I'm excited to see what changes and how with Lois's knowledge about her future name! lol dance

Looking forward to your next update.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Maybe it's time for the next part... I'll have to think about it.
Yes, please. grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Great start to this story!
Thanks
So … little chance of her getting the position. And much too hard work if she did.

Awww, Lois. Love this insight into her insecurity.
Yeah, she's not the confident Lois we all know at twenty-six.

"Well, now. Isn't this amusing," came a sarcastic sounding, masculine voice. "Of all the people to run into … it's little, naïve, impressionable-"

Another 'oomph' sound came down the alley and the man groaned. Lois heard shuffling and she called out again. "Is everything okay?"

Gotta love it when Tempus gets thwarted, especially when it seems it's before he can carry out his plan. smile1
Yup. He was dealt with pretty much as soon as they materialized.

Lois shocked speechless! Okay, she's teenage Lois, but still...
I think even the biggest chatterbox would be a bit shocked, and quiet, if someone claimed to be 'you from the future'.

Oh boy, I'm excited to see what changes and how with Lois's knowledge about her future name! lol dance

Looking forward to your next update.
It's gonna change a lot ... just you wait.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Maybe it's time for the next part... I'll have to think about it.
Yes, please. grovel
Still thinking about it....

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love Tempus as a villain, and I love that he's only off-screen in this fic (so far, at least.) I also love that Older Lois was able to take him out within one sentence.

Great first chapter! I can't wait to read what happens next.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard