Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I finally scrapped together a few minutes of me-time and read this. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. Every time I thought I knew where this story was going, it turned and went the opposite direction.

I was surprised by Lois's reveal that she already knew Clark's secret. I wasn't expecting that, being that a) she thought he bought the Chinese food in Metropolis and b) she rented him a Superman costume. Did she really think he would try it on? Did she want to see if he would continue to try and pull off his charade? At one point, I wondered if Clark had misheard Lois and she wanted to go as Superman and him as Lois Lane (THAT would be an original costume.)

Being that Lois dresses up multiple times on the show and seems to have no problems with costumes, I find it interesting that everyone seems to think that she would. Perhaps it's not the costume aspect so much as the BEING FORCED to dress up that she minds. I did find it funny that Lois's costume idea was her going as "Lois Lane" (not a costume) and Clark going as "Superman", apparently something else she knew wouldn't be a costume. I did kind of expect Clark to call Lois on her lack of a costume idea, though.

I don't know if the Scarlet Pimpernel directly influenced two teenage boys thinking up super hero ideas. I kind of doubt it. They may have been more influenced by the recent World War where spies did the same thing. I do like the idea of Clark and Lois dressing up in that era. That would have been fun to see. smile

All in all a fun read. Again, totally not what I expected. That's not at all a bad thing, though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard