Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258843 10/17/14 03:09 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This one was REALLY hard to write, and I'm still not sure everything I wanted to put in there came through, but I hope you enjoyed anyway!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah! Another Quotable!

Because once, years ago, that was *her*. Hoping for attention from a more experienced reporter. Patiently biding her time as she waited for the chance to show that she was more than just a young intern. Touched by anything he threw her way, by the French-accented words he’d directed to her.

And when the end had come, it was quick and messy and so terribly painful and it’s still playing itself out in her life now, like electricity crackling down the line, energy that can’t be drained, only redirected.

This was really hard to write I'm sure. The kind of treatment that Claude lashed onto Lois was cruel, the effects of such treatment lasts a lifetime. Fortunately for Lois, she was able to redirect those energies into a great professional life, but her personal life suffered.

Thankfully she did not want to put Clark through the same pain and thinking she was doing him a favor rebuffed him.

Happily, he did not pay attention to that and looked into Lois' heart.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that's painful introspection. Comparing herself to Claude -- seeing herself as the mentor to Clark and therefore, can't take advantage of him. Not seeing that even though he's enamored with her, he doesn't see their relationship in the same light. She's scared of using him, of becoming Claude. It's a good excuse for why she pushes Clark away.

He’s not Superman, and she’s certainly not the type of woman he’s looking for, and in the end, she’s doing him a favor.
Oh, Lois. /shakes head sadly/ The problem with always being right is that you never see it when you are wrong, oh so wrong.

The sad thing was, she *was* jealous. She WANTED to be the woman Clark was flirting with and kissing. She does have feelings for him, despite him not being Superman. And I think that's what really scares her. I say it's an excuse, because she *isn't* Claude. She's in denial. And even though she says she doesn't want to hurt him, she ends up doing just that.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
She only wishes he wouldn’t look quite so hurt every time she does it.

Oh, great line to end the story! I think this was very insightful - Lois definitely has reason to think that some comparison to Claude is warranted. I have enjoyed each of these Quotable stories and your ability to take us inside the characters' heads in these brief moments in time. Keep them coming! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you, all, for your encouragement concerning these little pieces! I really do enjoy writing them, though they're a bit scary because I well know how we all get different things out of watching the same scene! smile

This one was difficult, Morgana -- I'd never really thought of how Lois must compare this situation to the one she went through until very recently, and then when it hit me, I knew I wanted to write a little something on it. I'm glad it was just this short piece, though, because it was very hard to get it all down coherently!

LOL! Love what you said about Lois being right so often she can't see when she's wrong, Virginia! It's so true! I've always loved that she was jealous of and proprietary toward Clark even so early on -- she might not have admitted it to herself, but she WAS drawn to him right away.

Thank you, groobie! So nice to see a comment from you over here! smile

So glad you enjoyed, LWhite! Brevity is NOT my strength, so these stretch me in very new ways, and I'm never quite sure if they make sense until I hear from you guys!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard