[A/N] This is a bridge chapter. It ends the planning. Next chapters will be taking action, leading to conclusion of their plan

As the conversation swallowed the hours, both Lois and LL showed increasing signs of strain. Lois kept pacing, while LL would occasionally get lost in dark thoughts.

The others were worried – including Lex, who despite his own ambitions and aversions, was beginning to develop a grudging respect for all his 'team mates'. Kal included.

“Are you feeling sick,” Zara asked LL, knowing the others would never ask.

“Sick at heart,” LL muttered. “These names are … bringing back some memories I'd rather keep at bay.”

The entire group, with the exception of LL looked towards Lois who returned their questioning gazes with a nod.

“I am not surprised this is upsetting you,” Zara responded evenly. “How should we proceed?”

“We should proceed as if Lois and I weren't having difficulties. Every delay means more likelihood that our plan is discovered. Kal-El is no longer where they expect him to be, so they must wonder if he's with us. Every moment we delay is a moment where they can put an instant end to our efforts. They could level our installation with a red radiation bomb deployed from a distance.”

Silence followed her pronouncement as the others digested her words. Clark broke the silence first.

“Well … are we done with the lists? Should we strategize Kal-El's approach in dealing with the people we feel will be sympathetic to our cause?”

“Clark, I think that would be the logical next step,” Kal-El said. “Lois, how do you feel,” he asked LL, knowing he had to regard her as leader so as not to resurrect her suspicion of him.

“I agree,” LL said, regarding him with a steady gaze. The two Clarks had made it possible to deal with Kal-El despite his horrifying resemblance to his clone.

“Regarding the men on this list, Kal-El,” Zara said, fixing him with an intent look. “I can tell you that during this awful time, they were kind to me – they helped me out during the worst of the abuse.”

Kal-El paled at her words, his eyes alive with horror.. Zara reached out and placed a friendly hand on his arm.

“Do not do this. I am well now.”

“Except you keep returning to him,” Kent spoke up, knowing Zara would not be pleased. He couldn't allow her to sugarcoat the danger she was in. “In order to avoid suspicion, Zara keeps returning to him.”

“This is not the point,” Zara insisted. “Whether I endanger myself or not is not the issue.”

“She is correct,” Kal-El sighed, forcing himself to meet Kent's disappointed gaze.

“I know you want to protect her. I do too. But we cannot allow personal safety considerations to get in the way of liberating earth. Zara may die. I may die, however if earth is free at the end of it, that is what matters.”

“There is no point in outrage on my behalf, Clark,” Zara told Kent and Clark. “we have to work together. Please do not allow your different perspective to create a rift. Kal-El and I are not suggesting we allow humans to be endangered further than they already are. We simply are not allowing our own well being to be an impediment.”

“This is all moot anyways,” LL said. “We have to act now.”

Last edited by L; 10/12/14 01:15 AM.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence