Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here.

smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You do realize that now you need a sequel, right? wink

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I second Queen of the Capes. This cries out for a sequel. (Well done, by the way.)

I hope your daughter is all right.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First of all, I hope your daughter is okay. I'm assuming since you took the time to post that she is. hyper that I'm not the only one who carries around a notebook and pen should inspiration strike when I'm bored.

What a great introspective piece. I can just picture this happening. The conflict. The indecision. Spot on. Plus, the curiosity. Now that she knows, she cannot stop watching him even when she makes the decision to do so, because maybe he'll do something new.

Does he know how I feel?
CLARK: dizzy Um... that I'm a lunkhead?

Does he know how much he means to me? How much I depend on him … rely on him?
CLARK: Me or Superman?

Does he know that he's the reason I arrive at work early and then look up every time the elevator dings?
CLARK: shock She does?

Does he know that I purposefully let tonight's evening working session linger a bit too long? Does he know that I only pretended to be asleep on the couch?
CLARK: wallbash She's on to me?

Disappointment that I wasn't following him into the bedroom.
Wouldn't that given her faux sleeping act away?

CLARK: Lois! You sleepwalk?

How can I, selfishly, hope he will wake and see me here … stride over and take me in his arms, bringing me comfort all night?
Awwww.

He doesn't have all night to hold me. He could be needed at any time. The world might call him away.

Away from his bed.

Away from me.
mecry

I untangled my arms and legs and turn to climb out of his cushioned window seat. I'm ready to go back to the living room, to pretend the last half-hour never happened … at least until morning.

But he's drifting down. Slowly, back down to the bed. And I'm once again stunned.
Uh-oh. He woke up. shock Now what?

I should wake him. I will.

Soon.
Oh. He's still asleep. What if he wakes up before soon hits?

Very enjoyable.

I, too, would like to know what happens when "soon" happens or if Clark wakes before it. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brava! I'm just sorry that I didn't have a chance to beta this and enjoy it before anyone else.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi!

First, I hope your daughter is okay.

It' really a great story .... and it needs a sequel! Please?

My favorite sentence?
the floating specimen of perfection

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
You do realize that now you need a sequel, right? wink
Um, I didn't plan one. This was just a way to pass the time. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I second Queen of the Capes. This cries out for a sequel. (Well done, by the way.)

I hope your daughter is all right.

Joy,
Lynn
She's fine. It was some grit in her eye, from the day before, that seemed to be still there, or maybe had scratched her eye. She was in a bit of distress, but it was all okay in the end. Except for the gel that has to be put in her eye 4 times a day to keep away any infection! It's a real fight to get her to keep still, I can tell you.

Okay. A second mention of a sequel, in only the second reply. Hmmm.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
First of all, I hope your daughter is okay. I'm assuming since you took the time to post that she is. hyper that I'm not the only one who carries around a notebook and pen should inspiration strike when I'm bored.
I've had a notebook in my handbag for years... grin

What a great introspective piece. I can just picture this happening. The conflict. The indecision. Spot on. Plus, the curiosity. Now that she knows, she cannot stop watching him even when she makes the decision to do so, because maybe he'll do something new.
LOIS: Well, he's asleep. I can get away with staring ... and he's never going to know!

Does he know how I feel?
CLARK: dizzy Um... that I'm a lunkhead?
LOIS: Well, yeah, that too.

Does he know how much he means to me? How much I depend on him … rely on him?
CLARK: Me or Superman?
LOIS: BOTH! Lunkhead!

Does he know that he's the reason I arrive at work early and then look up every time the elevator dings?
CLARK: shock She does?
LOIS: UM. [Linked Image]

Does he know that I purposefully let tonight's evening working session linger a bit too long? Does he know that I only pretended to be asleep on the couch?
CLARK: wallbash She's on to me?
LOIS: Um, yeah. *nods* That's it. I'm investigating. (Do you think he believed me?)

Wouldn't that given her faux sleeping act away?

CLARK: Lois! You sleepwalk?
LOIS: (mumbling) Is this the way to the interrogation room, inspector?

How can I, selfishly, hope he will wake and see me here … stride over and take me in his arms, bringing me comfort all night?
Awwww.
grin

He doesn't have all night to hold me. He could be needed at any time. The world might call him away.

Away from his bed.

Away from me.
mecry
LOIS: Yeah, I'm crying too.

I untangled my arms and legs and turn to climb out of his cushioned window seat. I'm ready to go back to the living room, to pretend the last half-hour never happened … at least until morning.

But he's drifting down. Slowly, back down to the bed. And I'm once again stunned.
Uh-oh. He woke up. shock Now what?
Nope.

Soon.
Oh. He's still asleep. What if he wakes up before soon hits?
I've no idea! What do you think?

Very enjoyable.

I, too, would like to know what happens when "soon" happens or if Clark wakes before it. smile
Thanks. I really don't know what will happen when "soon" comes. There was no thought of a continuation when I wrote this, just a study in Lois' internal thoughts.

Originally Posted by KenJ
Brava! I'm just sorry that I didn't have a chance to beta this and enjoy it before anyone else.
Ahh, so that's the reason you want to beta. grin You like to see things before everyone else. LOL.

Originally Posted by Sydney
Hi!

First, I hope your daughter is okay.

It' really a great story .... and it needs a sequel! Please?

My favorite sentence?
the floating specimen of perfection

wave
Thanks Sydney. She's fine. And, yeah, it's a good sentence. grin

Lots of votes for a sequel. I'll have to think about it. I wondered about doing a similar introspective piece from Clark's pov when he's putting the blanket on Lois ... but that wouldn't give you all the answers you are after. I then came up with two possible ideas ... based on the titles - In the Dead of the Night, or In the Light of the Morning. But I'm not feeling either of them at the moment.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi wave

As usual I'm late to the party! So glad your daughter is OK. Grit in the eye can be painful.

I can see Lois sitting in the dark, watching the floating specimen of perfection, wrestling with her decisions. No way is life going to go back to the way it was before that night.

Sequel?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I then came up with two possible ideas ... based on the titles - In the Dead of the Night, or In the Light of the Morning. But I'm not feeling either of them at the moment.
Well, this first one sounds like Clark thinking about revealing his secret to Lois when she's frozen. shock The second one? No idea. Probably best to let your subconscious play around with the idea of making a sequel and if it happens, it happens (and we'll all be hyper ). If it doesn't, it doesn't. But at least we got this great piece.

I'm glad to hear your daughter is okay. Yeah, grit and goop in the eye aren't fun.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also am glad everything is working out on the RL front with your daughter.

I really liked the story as far as you took it and of course as it stands we can finish it ourselves the way we would like. Having read it three times now i think you got Lois perfectly. She wants to be mad; she wants to have him (Clark) but is afraid of what that could mean (Superman) and whether she could handle it; she also is in awe that he would latch onto her of all of the people in the world to be his best friend; she loves him (especially the Clark him) but hates what he has done to her. The thing that Clark (and us honestly) loves about Lois is her complexity and her passion both of which are evident in this piece in spades.

I kind of agree with Virginia, a sequel would be nice. On one hand I would prefer one that resolves the mental crisis that Lois is having and on the other hand like the way it is left open. A prequel (Clark's introspective view as you mentioned) would be very interesting from the other side of the coin. But as Virginia said, if it doesn't happen then we have a nice little introspective piece here.

Thanks and great job.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I totally appreciate the story as what it is--it was an amazing introspection, I really like stories like this--but, because I liked it SO much wink , can I put a few more votes into having a sequel? (Like 3 or 4 votes--to maybe sway you? grovel notworthy ).

I'm just dying to hear what she tells Clark, see how/when she tells Clark, and then to see where they go from there? I loved all the conflicting emotions, all the layers, that you wrote into Lois as she was trying to come to terms with her discovery. Seeing how it would all play out between the two if them would be quite interesting...

BUT, even without a sequel, it was an awesomely, great story--taking place during a huge moment in their relationship/friendship clap

Thanks for a great read!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I liked this very much, and it’s perfectly balanced and self-contained.

I do admit I’d also like to see how things go once Clark wakes up. Does Lois tell him what she saw, or does she keep it to herself? So it would be nice to have a sequel. smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hi wave

As usual I'm late to the party! So glad your daughter is OK. Grit in the eye can be painful.

I can see Lois sitting in the dark, watching the floating specimen of perfection, wrestling with her decisions. No way is life going to go back to the way it was before that night.
Definitely not. And Lois realises that.

Sequel?
Hmmm, maybe ... peep

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Well, this first one sounds like Clark thinking about revealing his secret to Lois when she's frozen. shock The second one? No idea. Probably best to let your subconscious play around with the idea of making a sequel and if it happens, it happens (and we'll all be hyper ). If it doesn't, it doesn't. But at least we got this great piece.
So ... I did let my subconscious play ... I'm thinking that maybe it was a bad idea!

Originally Posted by Mike M
I also am glad everything is working out on the RL front with your daughter.

I really liked the story as far as you took it and of course as it stands we can finish it ourselves the way we would like.
Exactly ... finish it however you want.

Having read it three times now i think you got Lois perfectly.
Three times? WOW! I didn't realize anyone would re-read it so many times already.

She wants to be mad; she wants to have him (Clark) but is afraid of what that could mean (Superman) and whether she could handle it; she also is in awe that he would latch onto her of all of the people in the world to be his best friend; she loves him (especially the Clark him) but hates what he has done to her. The thing that Clark (and us honestly) loves about Lois is her complexity and her passion both of which are evident in this piece in spades.
Yeah. Glad I got all that across in such a short piece.

I kind of agree with Virginia, a sequel would be nice.
Yeah it would be... hmmm.

On one hand I would prefer one that resolves the mental crisis that Lois is having and on the other hand like the way it is left open.
Well, you can't have it both ways, you know. (or maybe you can ... *winks* see what you think)

A prequel (Clark's introspective view as you mentioned) would be very interesting from the other side of the coin.
I considered it, but in the end, you get a tiny look at this in the sequel, rather than they whole thing being about it.

But as Virginia said, if it doesn't happen then we have a nice little introspective piece here.

Thanks and great job.

Mike
Thanks. smile

Originally Posted by LMA
Well, I totally appreciate the story as what it is--it was an amazing introspection, I really like stories like this--but, because I liked it SO much wink , can I put a few more votes into having a sequel? (Like 3 or 4 votes--to maybe sway you? grovel notworthy ).
I dare not count up the actual votes for a sequel, especially when I start to include the posting on ksite and fanfiction.net.

I'm just dying to hear what she tells Clark, see how/when she tells Clark, and then to see where they go from there? I loved all the conflicting emotions, all the layers, that you wrote into Lois as she was trying to come to terms with her discovery. Seeing how it would all play out between the two if them would be quite interesting...

BUT, even without a sequel, it was an awesomely, great story--taking place during a huge moment in their relationship/friendship clap

Thanks for a great read!
Laura
Thank you.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
I liked this very much, and it’s perfectly balanced and self-contained.
That's what I thought. But everyone else seemed to think it needed more. *puts hands on hips and huffs*

I do admit I’d also like to see how things go once Clark wakes up. Does Lois tell him what she saw, or does she keep it to herself? So it would be nice to have a sequel. smile
Maybe you'll find out.

For all those of you who were after a sequel ...

In the Light of the Morning.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwwww!!!! How sweet! Happy sigh! So glad she didn't wake him, that she's giving herself time to process the information, understand her own feelings before she confronts him. WAFFY in the best way! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful and poetic.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Awwwwwww!!!! How sweet! Happy sigh! So glad she didn't wake him, that she's giving herself time to process the information, understand her own feelings before she confronts him. WAFFY in the best way! thumbsup
Thank you. smile

Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Beautiful and poetic.
Thanks. Have you read the sequel? grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic! [Linked Image]
I’m sorry this took a bit, but umm…/points at work/

Lois' thoughts when she comes across something surprising in the middle of the night.
Hmm…

Or, maybe, it's time to wake him … and just treat him differently, treat him better.
Yeah, she so found out he’s Superman.

The shock washes over me, the hurt grinds in my stomach, the shame aches around my heart.
Fun thought: What if she actually slept with him during PML and is now all antsy about it?

I purposefully sneaked through the bedroom because … it's the only way to get to the bathroom.
He really didn’t think that one through, did he?

Silent tears are streaming unchecked down my cheeks and I can't take my eyes off him.
Oh boy.

Is that even the correct term? What is the word for a male Kryptonian?
‘stud’? ‘hunk’? ‘The after. The way, way after.’
TRASK: ‘Specimen’.

Just … everything seems wrong, out of place.
He sleeping in the buff?

Is my own name even Lois?
Oh dear. Did she bang her head in the loo? Is her name now Wanda?

Or, maybe, I need to shout, rant, rave … until all this … mess … inside, has come out.
How about punching him in the side?

Does he know that he's the reason I arrive at work early
CLARK: confused Because I’m a story to her?

Does he know that I purposefully let tonight's evening working session linger a bit too long?
So she could have a ‘night cap’ with him?

[Linked Image] That would have been fun. Her sneaking after him and slipping under the covers next to him.

Who, though? Who do I love and who do I hate?
Clark and Lois, respectively?

Sometimes I think it's myself that I hate.
clap

I hate how he's so inflexible when it comes to right and wrong.
laugh

I hate how he challenges me, instead of just letting me get on with my lonely life. I hate how he's so inflexible when it comes to right and wrong.

And I hate how he's lied to me, deceived me, manipulated me.

I hate him.

I hate that he made me respect him, then like him, then …
Ten Things I Hate About You?

LOIS: Stupid world. I hate the world!
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

Although I'd always imagined he'd be in it with me … not four feet above it.
laugh

And to think that I could … claim him … well that's just ridiculous.
Maybe if she put a ring on his…finger while he’s asleep?

How … how I can't live without him. Beg him to hold me. Plead with him to love me.
Yeah, that’s going to go over well with Clark.

Soon.
help So great there’s a sequel!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic! [Linked Image]
I’m sorry this took a bit, but umm…/points at work/
*hugs* I forgive you. smile

Or, maybe, it's time to wake him … and just treat him differently, treat him better.
Yeah, she so found out he’s Superman.
*nods*

The shock washes over me, the hurt grinds in my stomach, the shame aches around my heart.
Fun thought: What if she actually slept with him during PML and is now all antsy about it?
LOL.

I purposefully sneaked through the bedroom because … it's the only way to get to the bathroom.
He really didn’t think that one through, did he?
Well, he didn't actually design the apartment... he just decorated it.

Is that even the correct term? What is the word for a male Kryptonian?
‘stud’? ‘hunk’?
Sounds about right.

Just … everything seems wrong, out of place.
He sleeping in the buff?

*dust bunny*
*another dust bunny*

Sorry, I got lost in a moment then.

Is my own name even Lois?
Oh dear. Did she bang her head in the loo? Is her name now Wanda?
rotflol Now that would just be tragic. Nope. She's just having 'middle of the night'-'subconscious' rambles ... which are not that very different from 'middle of the day'-'verbal' rambles, come to think of it.

Or, maybe, I need to shout, rant, rave … until all this … mess … inside, has come out.
How about punching him in the side?
Even sleep deprived and shocked to the core she knows better than to try and punch Superman.

Does he know that I purposefully let tonight's evening working session linger a bit too long?
So she could have a ‘night cap’ with him?
LOIS: No.. Uh no. We needed to finish the story. Yup. Story.

[Linked Image] That would have been fun. Her sneaking after him and slipping under the covers next to him.
Hmmm. Nice idea.

And to think that I could … claim him … well that's just ridiculous.
Maybe if she put a ring on his…finger while he’s asleep?
lol

How … how I can't live without him. Beg him to hold me. Plead with him to love me.
Yeah, that’s going to go over well with Clark.
Pretty sure that Clark has never fantasized about Lois on her knees in front of him ... begging him ... to love her. Na.

So great there’s a sequel!
Yup. And I see that you already found it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, he didn't actually design the apartment... he just decorated it.
Yes, but he didn’t offer Lois the big bed they wouldn’t share laugh
CLARK: She was *ASLEEEEEEP*!!!
LOIS: razz Which I’m not anymore thanks to you screaming like that…

Sorry, I got lost in a moment then.
laugh

which are not that very different from 'middle of the day'-'verbal' rambles, come to think of it.
laugh

Even sleep deprived and shocked to the core she knows better than to try and punch Superman.
Darnit!

Pretty sure that Clark has never fantasized about Lois on her knees in front of him ... begging him ... to love her. Na.
clap
CLARK: I like to stay more in the realistic realm. Like Lois telling me to love Mayson because she’d never go for me. And then I wake up and realize it was all just a bad dream.

And I see that you already found it.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard