OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is here.

Comments go here. smile

Again, sorry it's so short. peep

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ARGH! How can you create so many questions with just one scene?! What happened to Mr. Smith's daughter? Is Doctor Steel the MAN of Steel, i.e. Superman? Is the hospital on lockdown because someone attacked Mr. Smith's daughter or because Lois is missing?

What an annoying coffee machine! What if suddenly you don't want your regular cup of coffee but something black or full of sugar and cream? Can the machine detect that from your eye?

Smith's patronizing tone with Lois was spot on for a visiting new Kryptonian. I take the only reason that Lois didn't issue her usual setdown was due to his invulnerability? (Not diplomatic status.) Or she's allowing his attitude due to him having a sick child? Or has she really grown since meeting Clark? Or was just building up to it?

More please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Everyone, please remain where you are at this time,” the speaker announced. “The hospital is entering lock-down.”

Talk about your cliffhangers! Next part please!!! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I bet the machine determines (from the dryness/dilation? maybe) how much sugar and fluids you need. That for course, brings up the question of needing vs. wanting?

Is it Superman or could it be Steel as in John Henry Irons? A lot more questions than answers here. She got her coffee, I guess, even though it determined that he didn't want much in the first place.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“Now, pay close attention,” he said, pronouncing his words carefully as if speaking to a slow-witted child.
rotflol So, he did learn from Kal-El’s memoirs how his personal caregiver was always a bit reticent in following instructions?

If you look into this *magic circle* here”—he indicated a black dot on the front of the machine—
shock rotflol I wonder if Lois will put the NKer into a black opening of his own.

“You have to be in the system,” he told her. “The coffee is only for staff, patients, and registered visitors.”
clap She has to register for coffee? Yeah, this so sounds like a communist society.

Lois' mouth fell open. “You could have told me that in the first place!” she snapped, throwing her hands in the air.

“I figured you were one of those last two,” he said, dryly.
laugh

Mr. “Smith” raised an eyebrow at her. “You don't even know how I take my coffee,” he said.

“What's that got to do with anything?” Lois demanded.
Because it’s *personalized* you doofus!
LOIS: mad

It is a machine that figures out what you like by scanning your retina.”
And considering how good her eyes are at identifying things she likes, she’ll probably get three-day-old sludge hat was filtered via an office plant before being sweetened with 50% sugar.

“Please say that you know what a retina is,” the man said, pinching the bridge of his nose.
The type of display used with Apple devices these days?
LOIS: You mean, like that Macintosh computer Jimmy got?

“Coffee!” she exclaimed. She took a healthy swig, then crumpled her face in disgust as sugary milk rolled over her tongue.
rotflol

“I've never heard of any Dr. Steel,” he replied, the frown deepening. “By this point, I thought I had met everyone who worked here.”
Maybe they are announcing it into the ether?

“Everyone, please remain where you are at this time,” the speaker announced. “The hospital is entering lock-down.”
/scratches head/

Okay, Queenie, I’m now all caught up and thoroughly wondering what’s going to happen next.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Any timeline on the next part??

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry for the delay, guys. peep Life has been a little bit, um, busy.

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
No problem just curious as to when we might see the next part. The last one left kind of a cliffhanger...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard