Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello. wave

So much for me posting this one-shot on Tuesday! As always, thoughts, complaints and bricks can be sent this way. peep

It's true, Lois and Clark are only mentioned here, but maybe, if I have time. The next story will have our favorite reporting duo. love

Last edited by Morgana; 10/05/14 10:06 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful new story! I can't wait to see what you write next!

He thought ‘I always fantasized about being James Bond, but right now having Superman’s mastery of flight would be supremely helpful.’
"The name's Klein. Bernard Klein."

He cherished the way she spoke his name, the combination of French and Nigerian accents were like the melding of a precise mathematical proof.
Beautiful way of putting it.

A distasteful frown flicked over the man’s face. “To answer your second question: Who am I? Let me assure you, I am no one of any great importance; merely your jailor, Captain Zod.”
And the plot thickens!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Yes! You posted! hyper

I so love your story, Morgana. May be, one day, we'll read about Bernard and Abrihet in France...

And it was the first time I was a beta! Thanks for that!
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I got your PM yesterday evening and then promptly lost Internet due to a U-Verse failure until this morning (some sort of a regional issue)...

This certainly looks like a bridge to at least one (maybe two) other stories for the future. I am very glad you are continuing to explore this version of the Lois and Clark story because I am personally very invested in these characters.

It will be interesting to see how you weave Bernie and Abrihet's story in with "Lex on New Krypton" story (nice intro to Zod at the end). We at least you won't be searching for things to write about for a while with "Airport" and "The Globe" and now this.

I can't wait to see where you go next with these folks. Some is fairly predictable given what we know with the canon story but other parts where you veer away from canon get very interesting.

All I know is this vignette has me smiling a great deal and for that Thanks!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Zod?? Ooooh, this is going to get interesting

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

"The name's Klein. Bernard Klein."

Anyone who reads my work knows I love the gentle scientist and now he has someone to love as well.

Wonderful new story! I can't wait to see what you write next!

Thank you! Coming from the woman who is taking Clark Kent to new places in the Panem story this is a great compliment. clap

Last edited by Morgana; 10/06/14 10:03 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Christina

Zod?? Ooooh, this is going to get interesting

Yeah, it will be!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike M

Search for things to write about? Are you kidding? rotflol

Sorry to hear about your internet connection. That has got to be the worst!!!

This certainly looks like a bridge to at least one (maybe two) other stories for the future. I am very glad you are continuing to explore this version of the Lois and Clark story because I am personally very invested in these characters.

The characters have drawn me as well and I'm really curious as to what direction the story will take. But as was mentioned, I have other stories that are begging to be finished. The Globe has been ignored for far too long.

I am so glad this story made you smile. smile1

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney

I so love your story, Morgana. May be, one day, we'll read about Bernard and Abrihet in France...

And it was the first time I was a beta! Thanks for that!

As was mentioned to Mike M, I want to see them in Paris as well! Someday maybe we will! Without your insight of French culture and the Sorbonne this story would have been a mess. Thank you so much for all the help. We will do it again someday! thumbsup

Morgana

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting juxtaposition of two stores: Bernie and Abrihet, and Luthor on New Krypton. Can we see more of both?

Captain Zod
Hmm. Perhaps Lex will be trying for Emperor of Australia? wink

I’m intrigued that we’re seeing Zod instead of Nor. I’d love to know the backstory!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story started as a lovely view of Paris and... surprise! New-Krypton! shock What a twist! shocked

A distasteful frown flicked over the man’s face. “To answer your second question: Who am I? Let me assure you, I am no one of any great importance; merely your jailor, Captain Zod.”
And I was not expecting this. Zod! thud Zod and Luthor together! dizzy It can't be good. If they become allies it would be dangerous for New-Krypton and Earth. <<shivers>>
This story has a lot of potential to go on and on... hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Zod and Luthor will both betray each other. But they can do a lot of damage before then.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry for not getting back and writing sooner, everytime there's a chance something else come up! huh

Debbie G

Interesting juxtaposition of two stores: Bernie and Abrihet, and Luthor on New Krypton. Can we see more of both?

Ideas are banging around my head, trying to get the threads of both plots to work in one story. Quite the challenge.

Hmm. Perhaps Lex will be trying for Emperor of Australia?

His 'empire' will be very small.

I’m intrigued that we’re seeing Zod instead of Nor. I’d love to know the backstory!

So am I! goofy

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

This story started as a lovely view of Paris and... surprise! New-Krypton! shock What a twist! shocked

Yeah, that was the bonus mentioned in the outset. Showing what happened to Lex after he was thrown into the aperture of light.

And I was not expecting this. Zod! thud Zod and Luthor together! dizzy It can't be good. If they become allies it would be dangerous for New-Krypton and Earth. <<shivers>>
This story has a lot of potential to go on and on... hyper

Cliffhangers are great when done right! evil Maybe Jor-El should have sentenced Lex to the Phantom Zone after all? help

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DCarson

Zod and Luthor will both betray each other. But they can do a lot of damage before then.

Those two wouldn't know the quality of loyalty if it bit them. We shall see what I'm able to put together.

To one and all thanks so much for the positive feedback, as one FoLC writer once said, it equates love!! dance

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!
Working myself through the backlog smile1
follow-up to the epilogue
clap

There is a strong possibility this will expand into a trilogy but other stories come first…
Ooooh!

It was exciting to acquaint Lois with their plans.
Marriage? Or cloning Superman?

when separated by three thousand mile of dark, blue Atlantic Ocean.
CLARK: huh I could commute. But working with Lois is much more fun. Plus, it’s better for her life expectancy.

when he had seen an article she had posted in a journal on metallurgy.
Oooh! What if she’s the one behind Adamantium?

He could not begin to remember how many times he would call her to ask a quick metallurgic question
Like ‘what to do when a kryptonite-incused lead bullet is stuck into living tissue?

“Yes, I will take care of renting out my condo and making sure there is someone to cover for me at the lab.”
For the next time when Superman has an ‘accident’ with green paint or something?

“Chéri, if I can teach the strongest man in the world to waltz, I can teach you!”
But he can float!

It seems odd to me, but since Lex Luthor’s disappearance, both she and Clark are more relaxed.
Lois relaxing? shock /goes off to buy some survival rations/

One moment Lex was in the familiar and comfort surroundings of his office, the next he was forcefully thrown into a cold void only to land unceremoniously on a surface of rough hewn stones.
Ooooh! clap

He tried to stand and regain his balance, but it was impossible. A giant hand seemed to have laid over him, refusing to allow his protesting muscles to move.
SUPER EARTH: Ooops?

walked over to the woman who must have spoken to him, a fascinating creature with long black hair that spilled down her back.
Really, Lex? Being crushed by 10g or something of the likes and still honry?

If he does not desire to do so, wouldn’t it be better to send him to the Phantom Zone instead? It would be so much cleaner
Than when Lex’s muscles fail and he makes a mess on the floor?

He would have to struggle to continue to exist, but he would be alive and contained.>>
ZOD: wave So, tell me more about this ‘Earth’…

Once he was asleep, Zara removed a small, green gelatin pellet from the tray and placed it in Lex’s ear.
Zara? shock Is she a public defender in this reality?

Trey snorted in derision, “Good. It will make his life with us bearable.”
So he doesn’t go mad when they poke needles in him and probe him and stuff?

but will be given his dignity
Will they put it in a jar and hand it to him so he can keep it around?

“I have a capable man who will be suitable for the task of warder. The duty will give him time to … think.”
Jen Mai?

“As *your husband*, the First Lord of Krypton, wishes I shall obey.”
He does not seem happy. Makes me wonder if the earlier part
My lady, this behavior of the First Lord’s … is unreasonable.
didn’t go ‘First Lord’s concubine’ laugh

Lex awoke in a large bed; the sea green satin sheets were soft and delectable against his skin.
So, country club prison?

He was in a sumptuously outfitted bedroom; spacious and appropriate for king.
JOSCA: huh It’s the smallest, most uncomfortable room we have in the palace. Including the stables and the septic tank.

He looked around and noticed odd, colorful pennants made of a heavy woven fabric which adorned the walls.
Oooooh! He noticed the skin-suits of the previous occupants.

These apartments have been constructed for your habitation, it is where you will live out the remainder of that life.
LEX: Great. So, do I get some concubines?
KRYPTONIAN: [Linked Image]

“I know that when my people are in your gravity and under the yellow sun we become stronger and faster. In these apartments I am your physical superior. In the next few weeks you will tell me *everything* about your world: its armies, communications, political arrangements and most of all its defenses. Ching thought that placing me here would isolate me. But he has made a serious tactical error.”
Oops? So, do I remember it wrong that Jor-El executed Nor? Or is that General Zod?

Captain Zod.”
clap

Nice one, Morgana. Looking forward to the next installment jump

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Michael,

You had the early part completely wrong. It was not Lois and Clark that were talking it was Bernie Klein and his Nigerian Princess.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Ken!
Originally Posted by KenJ
Michael,

You had the early part completely wrong. It was not Lois and Clark that were talking it was Bernie Klein and his Nigerian Princess.
You thinking about the Clark-commuting bit? He just lent himself to a funny quip blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

You thinking about the Clark-commuting bit? He just lent himself to a funny quip blush

Abrihet and Bernie are enjoying the blush of their romance, but they are determined to move forward. Long distance relationships (especially transatlantic ones) are tricky.

Quote:
“I have a capable man who will be suitable for the task of warder. The duty will give him time to … think.”
Jen Mai?

No, Jor-El executed both Jen-Mai and Nor after the revolt was stopped.

Nice one, Morgana. Looking forward to the next installment jump

Thanks, it will be awhile, but it will take place. wave

Last edited by Morgana; 11/02/14 06:58 PM.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard