Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258520 09/27/14 02:38 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Not quite sure where to put this, so I'm plopping it here...

In the comics/some cartoon shows of the Justice League, there's a plot line involving Earth-3, where we basically see the opposites of all the justice leaguers. Superman becomes Ultraman, Batman becomes Owlman, etc. (My brain is fuzzy on the details.) However, there is also an anti-Wonder Woman named Superwoman-- whose alter ego is actually Lois Lane (or maybe just goes by Lois? ugh my brain).

Anyway. I love this concept. However, my question to you is if this Superwoman were brought in as a character, would it be too confusing if she fought Superman? I'm just brainstorming, and even my notes are getting confusing. confused I did toy with the idea of just calling her Ultrawoman, in a world where UW never happened yet. Just trying to take the temperature.

Also, if somebody could clear up that butchered mess of DCU knowledge above, that'd be extremely helpful as well. goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Mouserocks #258522 09/27/14 07:14 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It's up to you. I know that nwhen I worked on a crisis story (still in the works and probably will continue to be for the foreseeable future) I liked the symmetry of Ultraman fighting Ultrawoman and Superman fighting Superwoman.

The Superwoman of the anti-uni Earth-3 has been both Lois Lane AND Wonder Woman. They've never clarified how that could be the case. So there are two possible explanations.

1) Domination (*edit* It's actually "DAMNATION") Island (the anti Paradise Island) is simply a fantasy of Lois's and she got her powers through an accident or

2) She really is Diana in disguise from Domination Island and killed Lois to take her place. (I think this one is more plausible)

In the Earth-3 world Superwoman is married to Ultraman (but cheating on him, often with Owlman/Thomas Wayne) and has a rather antagonistic relationship with him.

Ultraman himself is not actually from a different planet (just thinks he is) but instead got his powers when he was an astronaut (I don't recall the details of how that works). I think this was later retconned to be a complete reversal of Kal-El/Clark's backstory in the new52 (found by an abusive couple and commands them to be his parents. He kills then while still a young teen.)

It's up to you what you want to call her, but I think I would go with Superwoman. You could play it as her trying to replace Clark/Superman in the world.

Last edited by Christina; 10/02/14 07:41 AM. Reason: correct a mistake that I later fact-checked

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Mouserocks #258526 09/27/14 02:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I believe Superwoman shows up on the "Batman: Brave and The Bold" show. I didn't see the episode myself, but walked through the room while my kids watched it.

(LATER, after checking YouTube) No, apparently, that was a Justice League: Two Earths episode. Superwoman is also dating Owlman (per this clip). Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (also a fun alt-universe discussion, if you like that sort of thing.)

I did see the episode of Batman: The Brave & The Bold where Owlman slips into Gotham City and ruins Batman's reputation by impersonating him. It's a fun episode where Batman and Joker must team up to get rid of Owlman (Joker doesn't like it that he's taking over his area). Batman & Joker team up, plus Batman to Joker "Don't Touch that" (classic Batman & Joker banter lol )

Interesting that Superwoman's a mixture of WW and Lois. So nice that the guys at DC see us women as being interchangeable. Also, wouldn't Clark (or even Batman) be able to tell the difference between those two women? One would hope that they weren't twins separated at birth. Now, there's a fun idea to play with. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
VirginiaR #258527 09/27/14 05:42 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Interesting that Superwoman's a mixture of WW and Lois. So nice that the guys at DC see us women as being interchangeable. Also, wouldn't Clark (or even Batman) be able to tell the difference between those two women? One would hope that they weren't twins separated at birth. Now, there's a fun idea to play with. evil

I adore your sarcasm here! My best guess as to why they don't suspect her is that it happened before they met Lois or Superwoman somehow. We never really learn their "first meeting stories" the way they did with SM, BM, WW, etc.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Christina #258528 09/28/14 03:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I adore your sarcasm here!
Thank you. It's my curse. blush

My best guess as to why they don't suspect her is that it happened before they met Lois or Superwoman somehow. We never really learn their "first meeting stories" the way they did with SM, BM, WW, etc.
I always thought Lois and Clark met when he joined the Daily Planet. It would depend on Clark's back story on whether or not he became Superboy before becoming Superman. If he met WW before Lois (say when he was Superboy), wouldn't he still notice the similarities upon meeting Lois? Same with Superwoman? But if Superman met Superwoman just prior to starting at the Daily Planet and meeting Lois, and Superwoman is supposed to be the evil universe's version of Lois, it would explain a whole heck of lot about their relationship as shown in the comics. (Why he was intrigued by Lois more so than any other woman, yet still kept her at arm's length. lol )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Mouserocks #258539 09/29/14 03:37 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm mainly trying to come up with a name for Lois if she became a super villain (or that's how it started at least), but it's kind of spiraled into something bigger. I'll probably just make it a challenge, but it's such a tempting idea to deal with some Crisis issues with Lois and Clark. evil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Mouserocks #258560 10/01/14 05:32 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
To make things even MORE convoluted, in the Pre-Crisis Era (pre-90s) I recall that Lois and Superwoman were two distinctly different characters. The Earth3 Lois of that time created the first superhero, Alexander Luthor.

Mouserocks #258577 10/02/14 07:44 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm mainly trying to come up with a name for Lois if she became a super villain (or that's how it started at least), but it's kind of spiraled into something bigger. I'll probably just make it a challenge, but it's such a tempting idea to deal with some Crisis issues with Lois and Clark. evil

I'm trying to figure out, how would the challenge go? Incorporate the Evil Lois's story into this one? Have the Evil Lois try to replace Lois? A Crisis story (with Earth-3 Ultraman coming into play along with Lois getting those powers back)? There's a couple different ways you could play it.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard