OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is a lot to love about this part!

Lois had been watching Clark in fascination as he sneezed but her attention was pulled away from him when she heard tires screeching and looking around saw the cab skidding sideways across the street and crashing into a fire hydrant. The fire hydrant sent a geyser of water into the air and seeing this Lois knew exactly what had happened and grabbing Clark’s arm led him away. In case anyone was listening, she said, “One thing you need to re-learn right away is that Metro cabbies cannot drive. Never trust them. Oh, and it is polite to cover your mouth when you sneeze.”

That's thinking on your feet Lois! clap

Perry had been wearing a serious expression as the conference proceeded, but when Clark asked his question, he broke out in a grin. He said, “Kent asked a question. That’s a good sign!”

You gotta love Perry's attitude, always looking for out the best.

Jimmy decided to try to make it personal, “You know how many times your VCR's been in the shop? Things break. Things don't work. And they gotta hit this moving target and get it right the first time. I don't want to bet my life on a rocket, Chief. I'm twenty-one years old. You've had a great career. I haven't even written my first story. I'm not ready to give up.”

One of the best lines for Jimmy ever! Thanks for including it.

Jonathan’s reply had a sardonic tone as he said, “These city folks don't know the first thing about keeping their heads cool in a crisis. I’d hate to see how they’d respond to a tornado warning siren.”

People tend to forget that although Lois is the heart of the Kent family, Jonathan is the rock. Only once when Clark was first dosed with Green-K did he ever lose his cool.

The comparsion between Martha and Lois was something I never thought of before, but they are very similiar women.

Last edited by Morgana; 10/02/14 03:58 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
There is a lot to love about this part!

Lois had been watching Clark in fascination as he sneezed but her attention was pulled away from him when she heard tires screeching and looking around saw the cab skidding sideways across the street and crashing into a fire hydrant. The fire hydrant sent a geyser of water into the air and seeing this Lois knew exactly what had happened and grabbing Clark’s arm led him away. In case anyone was listening, she said, “One thing you need to re-learn right away is that Metro cabbies cannot drive. Never trust them. Oh, and it is polite to cover your mouth when you sneeze.”

That's thinking on your feet Lois! clap

Lois and Clark are a team keeping the secret.

Perry had been wearing a serious expression as the conference proceeded, but when Clark asked his question, he broke out in a grin. He said, “Kent asked a question. That’s a good sign!”

You gotta love Perry's attitude, always looking for out the best.

Perry is a positive thinker.

Jimmy decided to try to make it personal, “You know how many times your VCR's been in the shop? Things break. Things don't work. And they gotta hit this moving target and get it right the first time. I don't want to bet my life on a rocket, Chief. I'm twenty-one years old. You've had a great career. I haven't even written my first story. I'm not ready to give up.”

One of the best lines for Jimmy ever! Thanks for including it.

I am trying to stay as true to the script as possible.

Jonathan’s reply had a sardonic tone as he said, “These city folks don't know the first thing about keeping their heads cool in a crisis. I’d hate to see how they’d respond to a tornado warning siren.”

People tend to forget that although Lois is the heart of the Kent family, Jonathan is the rock. Only once when Clark was first dosed with Green-K did he ever lose his cool.

That was the exception that proves the rule.

The comparison between Martha and Lois was something I never thought of before, but they are very similar women.

Yes, that is something that struck me and was never brought out in the series. I thought I’d point it out.

Last edited by KenJ; 10/06/14 10:57 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard