Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments go here. smile

Again, sorry this is so late. Thanks for sticking with me.

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Haha, glad to see this back! The one thing I love the most about this-- you do NOT mess with an under-caffeinated Lois. :P Love it! Can't wait to see where you go with this New Kryptonian angle.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can think of three illnesses that might affect (effect?) both New Kryptonians and Clark & Lois's descendants: a) something to do with Kryptonite, b) that viral "bug" from HiWtHi, and c) something like that Kryptonite rain thing from DLW if it got into the food chain and Kryptonized Earth's food (kind of what they did to get rid of the alien invaders in "V"). It's also possible that this "Smith" guy inadvertently brought a Kryptonian virus with him to Earth from New Krypton (or his supervisors - Nor supporters - infected the girl before he left on his mission. Or Smith could just be lying. This doesn't sound like the type of assignment where one would bring one's family). That virus Mindy found on Superman's spaceship harmed only Kryptonians, so it's possible that there are more viruses out in the universe like that. Maybe it didn't metabolize until she was exposed to the yellow sun.

Yes, the whole thing with the coffee machine in the cafeteria was funny. How completely frustrating for Lois. I sympathize. It reminded me of that scene at the beginning of S2's Madame Ex when the staffer explained the computer fax instructions were sent via email and the email instructions were sent via computer fax. wallbash Now, there's corporate logic for you.

I wonder about the guy who gave Lois directions, who kept squinting at her. Did he recognize her? But to recognize her, wouldn't he have to be one of the family who knew about her time traveling? But if he were family, why was he squinting? Was there something wrong with his eyes?

Once again, Queen, you've given us more questions than answers. Intriguing stuff here. I'm curious how this is all linked together, how Lois will supply the answer to Bobby's questions, and how she'll end up saving the day. (Hospital Bobby, that is.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi guys, I'm glad you're still reading! wave

Virginia, while I can't address most of your post due to potential spoilers, I will answer this: the squinty guy was only squinting because he wasn't sure of what he just saw; it's not that he necessarily had vision problems. I was trying to go for something like "is that...? Nah!"

I'll try to get the next part done with less of a delay. smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, still reading and I totally get how Lois feels about no caffeine! dizzy

A Kryptonian who cannot be cured by her own Doctors? The plot thickens!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

while others just had vague designations such as B1, AMSC-2, and one door that simply had a bio-hazard symbol with no other explanation.
Which means, she will pick the most ominous door to examining first?
LOIS: grumble How could I have known that you would classify man-sized flesh-eating bacteria as a ‘biohazzard’?

She doubted Clark had ever seen a diagram of his insides compared side-by-side with those of a normal man, let alone as a manipulable 3D hologram.
laugh I wonder what he’d say when he sees just how much less space there is inside a male Kryptonian’s skull, given the bone is about 3 inches thick.

For a moment, the young man she'd accosted squinted at her as if trying to figure out where he'd seen her before. Finally, he shrugged and pointed down the hallway.
A relative?

As she headed off, the young man squinted again, then shook his head and caught up with the departing group.
Or maybe it’s because of the giant statue of her down in Bicentennial Park.

A placard on the side of the machine held the completely useless instructions of “Scan and Enjoy!”.
Sounds like they have personalized coffee — complete with tracking of the consumer who bought it.

The man stared at her as though she were an idiot. “It's a scanning dispenser,” he said simply.
You know, I do wonder how a Kryptonian would know all that.

He cocked his head at her, frowning. “I see.” His eyes narrowed. “And where are you *really* from?”
laugh Because even in Nowheresville, Kansas, they have TV sets that show the less civilized population how the other half lives?

Lois deflated. “Fine. I'm a time-traveler from the Metropolis of 1996. Are you happy?”

The man tilted his head at her again, his eyes widened in surprise.
rotflol

“Huh,” he said at last. “I was not aware that this hospital had a psychiatric ward.”
Because that way she’d believe that she’s telling the truth while still being completely fabricated.

“First of all,” he said, “I am not one of the half-race. I am a New-Kryptonian.
Oops? Also, sounds like he’s a bit racist as far as the mongrels are concerned.
NKer: [Linked Image] But their women do make good personal caregivers.

Did that change? Is the war over? Who won?”
Considering the hospital now as a NK watchdog assigned, like they did in the good old USSR, I’d say the NKers?

“I came as part of a political envoy to renegotiate the terms of the armistice.”
NKers would like to expand the deliveries of professional caregiver trainees while the human population would like to reduce the amount of tribute they have to offer?

“It's my daughter, all right?” he snapped, shoving the uneaten sandwich off to the side.
Uh-oh?

“She came with me to Earth, and shortly after our arrival, she contracted a mysterious illness.
That sounds familiar. Either that or it’s a political assassination attempt by the human government.

“Are you suggesting that Earth's doctors are incompetent?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.
Well, they still *cut* patients open, don’t they?
BONES: Barbarians.

“You still haven't answered my question, Mr. 'Smith',” she said, locking her gaze with his.

“What question?” he asked with an air of innocence.

She leaned forward so that they were almost nose-to-nose. “How do I get coffee?!”
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard