Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258147 09/07/14 11:34 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Man of Steel (the movie) showed Clark working a crab fishing boat. I'd always though it was a good premise myself. Has that already been done in fanfic with OUR Clark before he came to work at the Planet? Would've been a good money earning venture for that new tractor Pa Kent needed. Maybe a young Lois decides to investigate the crab fishing industry and meets a seasoned young man trying to get a little extra money for his folks on the farm back in Kansas?

Last edited by shimauma; 09/07/14 11:36 AM.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
In Veritas by Shayne Terry, Clark mentions working on an Alaska fishing boat. No specifics but somewhat related to the plot.

Shallowford
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
There's a wonderful fic on the archive where amnesiac Clark ends up working as a sailor post-Nightfall before settling in a seaside town and earning a living as a carver... for the life of me I can't remember the title of the fic or it's author!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
That's "City By The Sea" by Stopquitdont, NostalgiaKick. I Love it. It's an outstanding work.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
yep I remember that one, but it was more about Lois finding Clark after Nightfall. I'm thinking Clark doing that rugged work on the ship...drool

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For anyone contemplating writing such a fic, there was a recent Cracked.com article about "5 Insane Things 'Deadliest Catch' Leaves Out About My Job"

Article

Beware: It's Cracked.com, so, some rougher language.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard