OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Okay, go on send in the wildguy wildguy wildguy

I found myself a safe spot wink

peep

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jawdrop Wow, that went in several directions I didn't expect! Great cliffy to end all cliffies. Now, take another vacation and write Lois's side of the story, like NOW! How can you leave us hanging, there? Oh, and just because you asked for them: wildguy wildguy wildguy

Okay, now on to my questions. What happened to Clark? Did Lex totally just chop his ax into the side of Clark's chest? Or did Clark's ax ricochet back and hit him? Who screamed "Clark!"? Lana? Martha? Lex? (I'm doubting the last one.) Is this why Clark thinks that Lex knows his secret? Because he healed from this wound? Or because he hit Clark with his ax in the first place? (Although, if Lex really did hit Clark with his ax, he shouldn't be surprised that Clark dumped him as a friend.) Was this why Lana died? Because she told Lex about Clark's powers and was proven "wrong"?

I was beginning to think that Clark's physical reactions to Lana dumping him seemed to increase once Lex arrived. Did Lex have Kryptonite on him? Was that the reason he was in Wichita? To pick up some green glowing meteorite? Or was part of the meteorite encased in the tree they were chopping up? Was it merely a coincidence?

Interesting version of events that Lex told Clark about him and Ariana. I'm guessing that he was lying through his teeth, since that isn't the version Ari tells Lois in canon. Was he hoping for a little of, I'll share with you, so you'll share with me? [Linked Image] Clark had told Lana that he had never told anyone about his origins before? Why would tell Lex, especially after how Lana reacted?

<God, Clark, what are you?>, her words of so many years ago reverberated in his mind.
I can understand why he wouldn't want to get back together with her after she said that and then kept avoiding him. Knowing Lana, though, I doubt there would be any crawling involved (unless she wanted him to do it).

Five seconds. Clark turned around, focusing his heat vision on the camera, destroying it with a quick blast. Then he quickly returned his attention to the task at hand. He had no idea which wire to pull. Sending a quick prayer to heaven, he chose one.

Two seconds. The bomb gave off an alarming series of beeps, leaving little doubt that he had picked the wrong one.

“Clark!” Lois screamed in terror. Knowing that he had no choice, Clark swallowed the bomb and closed his eyes “Oh, my…”

Her voice was drowned out by the blast of the explosion that rang in his ears as the bomb went off.
Wow! thud That's some revelation! I wasn't expecting that at all!

So, no Superman, but Clark still ate the bomb. [Linked Image] Well, I'm betting that Lois is surprised. What will be her reaction to this revelation?? Oh! You've just got to come back and finish this! [Linked Image] How's that next part coming?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can answer about the ax. Ax heads loosen with use and if you are not careful they will fly off the handle, hence the expression. A flying ax head can do a lot of damage/injury.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well that was a bit of a different ending...

I actually think you ended this section at just the right spot with one exception. In Part 2 Martha indicated that Lana had died and it seems odd to have ended Clark's side of the story without wrapping that part of the story up that is unless it was somehow tied to Clark's apparent injury in the last of the flashbacks (although it seemed to me that the head of Lex's axe came off during a swing and hit Clark). Now why Clark seems to be bleeding unless they stumbled upon Kryptonite at precisely the moment Lex's axe came apart...

The Lois/Clark part of the story broke at a pretty good part with no Spandex and Hair Gel to hide behind this time grin . This revelation will take quite some explaining due to Lois having no background information like in the series where she had already known many of the particulars about Superman and just (just???) had to reconcile Clark being him. This time she will have to reconcile her partner being VERY different and then learn how he is different in a very short period of time which can make for some interesting emotional flow. Of course Lois is very good at putting that stuff aside and focusing on the story so Clark may have a bit of a respite but the reckoning will come.

Wow a double cliffhanger!!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm intending to get back as soon as I can, Virginia. Of course I could answer all your questions, but there would be no need to post another story, then, now would there?

I actually think you ended this section at just the right spot with one exception. In Part 2 Martha indicated that Lana had died and it seems odd to have ended Clark's side of the story without wrapping that part of the story up that is unless it was somehow tied to Clark's apparent injury in the last of the flashbacks (although it seemed to me that the head of Lex's axe came off during a swing and hit Clark).

I spend some time thinking about that problem. I finally decided against adding a flashback that shows how Clark learns of Lana's death. It seemed odd to conclude one story line and leave the other unfinished. After all, we all know that Clark will survive the explosion for obvious reasons. Unless of course Lex had planted kryptonite in it - then both Clark and Lois are dead and there's nothing left to tell.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
I'm intending to get back as soon as I can, Virginia. Of course I could answer all your questions, but there would be no need to post another story, then, now would there?
I'd rather have the story. Thanks. smile1 Just wanted you to know how drawn in I was to your story.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well.....why not a few more? smile : wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wow wow wow!!! Yeah, I agree--what a cliffhanger we had here!

Poor flashback Clark, to start out with. When you wrote about how his arms were shaking and he had a headache, I immediately thought that Lex had brought kryptonite...and then the blood. Then I knew for sure. And you left us hanging there--eek! Is the kryptonite in Lex's car? A small piece in his pocket? Where did Lex get it? So...Lana told Lex about Clark then? Yeah, my mind is just spinning here, wanting to figure out where the story goes in this section.

And then.....bomb! Clark-Eating-Bomb!!!!!! shock jawdrop Talk about Lois getting clued in--and quickly--to the secret. I mean, it's one thing to know of Superman and Clark, and find out they are one. But this way....yes! This way is so interesting notworthy . I like your idea here. It will be so intriguing to see how she handles everything, and also, to see how Superman comes into existence.

I love that Clark is not as alone with his secrets now...Lois and Perry know of his suspicions of Lex--and they can all work to uncover the truth. And whether he likes it or not, now someone, besides Lana years before, knows of Clark's abilities. I'm hoping a better reaction from Lois will build Clark up--rather than tear him further down. He's been through so much...

Go, Bakasi, go--write, Bakasi, write!!! help hyper sloppy grovel Please--dying to read Lois' take on the story smile...

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/19/14 04:10 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this! dance

Although I gotta tell ya, the thought of seeing John Shea and Dean Cain back in the day chopping wood is frankly ....HOT!!!!!

Will await the sequel. notworthy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
And then.....bomb! Clark-Eating-Bomb!!!!!! Talk about Lois getting clued in--and quickly--to the secret. I mean, it's one thing to know of Superman and Clark, and find out they are one. But this way....yes! This way is so interesting. I like your idea here. It will be so intriguing to see how she handles everything, and also, to see how Superman comes into existence.

It will be just as interesting to see how Clark will deal with a Lois who knows his secret, thinking how that went down the first time a woman knew... frown

Thanks for your feedback, Laura.

Although I gotta tell ya, the thought of seeing John Shea and Dean Cain back in the day chopping wood is frankly ....HOT!!!!!

I wasn't planning on taking this to the dark sides of the board wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh please don't! shock But you have to admit, the visual is pleasant.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bakasi wrote:

It will be just as interesting to see how Clark will deal with a Lois who knows his secret, thinking how that went down the first time a woman knew...

Great point! That will be really interesting...

Can't wait to read more hyper
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/20/14 10:05 AM.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by bakasi
It will be just as interesting to see how Clark will deal with a Lois who knows his secret, thinking how that went down the first time a woman knew... frown

Well I don't suppose you can use Lois's line from the series "What in the hell ARE you" since Lana already used it...

This is the perfect point to pick up Lois's view of the whole thing.

Hurry back with the next story (I know easier said than done).

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, multiple cliffhangers! Clark eating the bomb, Clark getting hit with the axe head (no doubt due to the Kryptonite buried under the Irigs’ tree), and we still haven’t found out what happened to Lana. Lois knows now, but we still don’t know how much Lex knows. You know?

Looking forward very much to the next part of this fascinating story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just thought of something else. What will Lex think? He knows that there's a bomb on the Prometheus, since he put it there (i.e. hired someone to do so). He probably also knows it was triggered, so will he wonder why it doesn't go "boom"? Or when he hears that Lois and Clark were on board will he put 1+1 together and piece it together with Clark getting injured back during the apple tree incident know that there's something which will take away Clark's powers? shock Oh. This could be bad for Clark. Really, really bad. I'm so worried. /bites fingernails/

EDIT: I'm back with more worrisome thoughts. If he knows that Lois and Clark are there, and that somehow Clark stopped the bomb, will he now think (know) that Lois also KNOWS? eek

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/20/14 10:40 PM. Reason: More evil possiblities

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhhh--awesome! The kryptonite buried under the Irig's tree! Good thought, DebbieG thud. Hadn't put that together. Great point....

(And great story smile )
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/20/14 11:55 PM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great cliffhanger! You definitely can't end it there - I'm among the masses who are clamoring for a quick sequel! There are just too many loose ends that I'm dying to have tied up.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Debbie and Iolanthe.

@Virginia: You're right- there are many evil possibilities. I just need to decide which I'm going to explore devil

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard