Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Getting close to the end...maybe two more chapters...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No! No! No! Why did he let go?! thud

I love Lois debating the truth of Clark's statement of his origins and thinking that he disappeared into a portal when he went to help at the fire. clap Classic Lois!

Only Lois would go into a fire while everyone else was leaving. I'm sure that Clark was worried because of the fire and everyone being trapped in their rooms. And thanks to Lois we now understand all those pesky legislation about fire safety! She could write quite the travelogue when she gets home. She helped many people make it out of the fire alive too, but history only remembered the handsome actor.

I do wonder if by being high in the air, Clark is able to see and catch more watching everything that is happening on the ground as they are passing through time. I do wonder how others spotted him in the hotel if he was technically ABOVE it though. Is that why he let go of Lois, because he realized that his "ghost" needed to be seen at the hotel so that she would have reason to go to the hotel on a ghost hunting trip? Or is it because he saw her in the past and she needed help? Can't wait to find out. Does he make it back into the portal or does he travel through time in real time in order to catch up with her? Where will Lois pop out? Back at the hotel? Back in the attic? On the other hand, will she still be 100 feet up in the air? Will Clark need to be there to catch her? eek So many possibilities!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
He had to let go so Lois wouldn't be crushed to death.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
So my initial thought of Clark not making it back to the same present as Lois is correct. With that said, it's not clear whether Clark made it close to her timeline (i.e. around her birth or so) or whether he had to live out life from 1912 until the present. Poor Clark, if so.

Can't wait to see their reunion!!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Or they both could be flung back to start over again until another portal appears. The thug is still out there and maybe the desk clerk has a role in getting them back. Doc Brown where are you when we need you?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
Kerth
Loved this part...totally on the edge of my seat. Only two chapters left? frown I don't think I want it to end! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My take is that Lois could go back through the portal because it was taking her back to where she belonged, but Clark couldn't go out of his time - he's going to have to live through the next hundred years.

Fortunately, he's able to do that - and he'll still look the same and be ready for Lois when she needs him.

But, OTOH, does something happen to Clark? What is he going to do about WWI and WWII and all the horrors of the Twentieth Century? I can't see him standing by.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I’m waiting anxiously to see where Lois and Clark land!

I liked how everything that happened that you might think would mess up what had happened, actually made it happen. Like the thug’s bullet being what set off the fire, and the fact that Lois and Clark were flying is what got them sucked into the time portal. That was all very well done. You keep thinking the past is changed, when it wasn’t.

Like all your stories, a great read! I can’t wait for the next chapter.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sooooo, how's Part 19 progressing? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is one of the best stories of the year! Count on my vote at Kerth time.
So, how about posting real soon!?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
...But, OTOH, does something happen to Clark? What is he going to do about WWI and WWII and all the horrors of the Twentieth Century? I can't see him standing by.

I agree. If Clark were to land after WWII there wouldn't be a problem though. In fact, if he ended up somewhere in the 1980's or so and lived from that point on, he'd fit in reasonably well and would experience the more radical building blocks of our culture as they happened. By 2012 he wouldn't be a turn-of-the-century man anymore. He'd understand automobiles, computers, cubicles, television, microwaves and satellites perfectly. (Maybe he even noticed the Apple icon on Lois's phone and made some investments??)

Looking forward to more.

Shallowford
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Shallowford
By 2012 he wouldn't be a turn-of-the-century man anymore. He'd understand automobiles, computers, cubicles, television, microwaves and satellites perfectly. (Maybe he even noticed the Apple icon on Lois's phone and made some investments??)

Yes, Apple investments from the 80's would be very good...

Love the idea

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good point! What happened to Lois' phone? shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoops, The Butterfly Effect peep

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard