Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Nominate what stories you'd like to read for our fanfic club in September. If you have a fanfic in mind that you'd like to nominate, please post the title of the story, the name of the author, and a link to it on the Archive.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I will get this thing going...

Into Each Life ... - Kathy Brown
Clark fears the worst when Lois begins acting distant two months into their new-found relationship, but nothing can prepare him for the shock of her explanation.
Identity - Bob Bartholomew
The LnC fanfic writer Mary Potts created a wonderful funny short, titled "Phero-Moan My Lovely," that considered what might have happened if Lois had not recovered from the pheromone that she was exposed to in the episode "Pheromone, My Lovely." This story explores the same concept and considers what might have happened in the time immediately following that episode if the effect of the pheromone on Lois had persisted.
Anybody's Baby - Annie M
When Lois has a baby unexpectedly dumped on her doorstep, she and Clark have to juggle taking care of the baby and solving the mystery of his origins. Meanwhile, they must deal with their evolving relationships -- both with each other and with the baby.
(This synopsis is not entirely accurate as they know the baby's orgins. I saw a more accurate synopsis somewhere but for the life of me cannot find it...)

I have more but am unsure what the cutoff for 'Short' is. I figure anything I can read easily in a evening is pretty short and the first two fall into that category...

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/11/14 11:34 AM. Reason: Added synopsis

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read a funny short story recently:

Molly's Every Little Detail (13KB): When the mayor asks Superman to give a detailed reporting of his activities, it soon becomes clear that a day in the life of a superhero is anything but normal.

This one looks interesting, and since it's one of MozartMaid's (and a Kerth nominee in 2011), so probably pretty good: Wine and Circumstance (101KB): Superman runs afoul of red Kryptonite and somehow ends up marrying Lois in Vegas! Lois doesn't know his identity, though Superman had used Clark Kent's name in the wedding. Will Lois learn the truth? And can their relationship be salvaged in the aftermath?

EDIT: LLF, can you remind this weary mind when we'll be starting our discussion this month? I thought it was on the first, or are the stories just named on the first and discussed on the 15th? dizzy

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/07/14 12:49 PM. Reason: Added note.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Mike - Oddly enough, I don't think we ever gave an exact definition for what counts as short and what counts as long. I don't think we've ever had anything over 50Kb for a short story, though, so I'd say that a short story would probably be something around 50Kb or under.

Virginia - Yes, the stories are selected by the first of the month, and we start discussing them on the 15th.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Then I also submit for consideration for short story:

Behind Every (Super) Man ... by Deadly Chakram
They say that behind every great man, there is an even greater woman. That is doubly true for the Man of Steel.
and
Frigid by mozartmaid
Lois thinks she's unlovable, an ice queen. That is, until Clark enters the picture.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did we already do
Something the Cat Dragged In (19kB) by CC Aiken
and
The Kiss Off (161kB) by CC Aiken and Erin Klingler?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Darth Michael - No, we haven't read either of those yet. Thanks for the nominations.

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I'll nominate this one again.

The Prankster's Revenge by Tank Wilson

The Prankster is in prison, probably for a long, long time. And that ought to be the end of it, right? ... Right? But it isn't...

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the nominations, everybody. The poll has been posted.

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
We had a tie for our long story category this time around, so we'll read Wine and Circumstance by Mozartmaid for the month of September and The Prankster's Revenge by Tank Wilson for the month of October. Our short story for September will be Into Each Life by Kathy Brown.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It looks like Mozartmaid's story Wine and Circumstance was uploaded in 2010 prior to the ePub and Kindle version being automatically included with each new Archived story. Is anyone working on an ebook version of this story?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I created one (mobi) as I have begun hating reading via the web browser. It is 244KB so is that e-mailable or do we need somewhere to host it? If you use the Kindle via the Cloud reader you can PM me the e-mail address for your Kindle account and I can send it there. Options, options. I can create an EPub version if someone would prefer that.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Mike. I use a Nook e-reader, so I use the ePub format. Is there any way to link it to this thread? I know that they have a Wiki's for fanfic ebooks. LabRat would know who to contact to have it added to that list (or where it can be posted).

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia,

I have looked and cannot figure it out. Same interface for PMs also. When Ken was sending out e-books during the past fundraiser he ended up sending mine at least via e-mail.

I just added a TOC and created the epub version and it was 181KB.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 09/02/14 02:12 PM. Reason: God one of these days my typing will improve...

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
I setup an ftp site for us to use (I was already paying for the website so I just used some of the space).

Open up a Command Prompt box, go to where ever you want to put the files, type "ftp ftp.w08.wh-2.com" (without the double quotes), the user name is sapulpag_lcfic and the password is lcfic (both are case sensitive I believe), once logged on execute "mget Wine*.*" (also without the quotes), respond yes to each file copy prompt, and finally type bye to exit the ftp program.

I hope this helps some people and please let me know if you have issues via PM as I have never done an ePub file format before as I use the Kindle app on my tablet.

I will leave this up indefinitely so we can use it to pass eBooks back and forth. The account has read/write access...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Sorry FoLCS, I've been busy with other stories and forgot to check this thread. blush Mozartmaid's story will be on the wiki tonight (in both mobi and epub formats).Kathy Brown's story is already there.
Sorry for the delay.

It's up. Enjoy!

Last edited by KateB; 09/02/14 09:38 PM.

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you both. hyper

VirginiaR.
---
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Discussion threads for Wine and Circumstance by Mozartmaid and Into Each Life by Kathy Brown have been posted.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard