Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The beginning of this story was everything I hoped for when I nominated it. Lots of red K silliness. Superman certainly didn't act like his normal self on Red K and as Clark, I have to say, stuck his foot in the... a-hem... (let's call it) mud deeper than normal. It's bad enough playing Lois's affection between Superman and Clark, but to go to her as Superman when she's so royally (and rightfully) angry at Clark (for ditching her mid-date) has to be a new persona low.

Naughty! Naughty! For that minister in Vegas not noticing the real Superman when he saw him. At least the couple didn't consummate the wedding while drunk. Then Clark would have been in major do-do, like sinkhole deep.

I loved Lois trying SO hard (and failing) to make their drunken behavior Superman's fault, instead of their fault.

Yea! for Jimmy being able to keep Lois's secret. clap Now, that's a true friend.

I'm not a big fan of Clark freezing Lois to save his folks plot, so I would have preferred it if Mozartmaid had been able to come up with an alternative to that scenario since both of them knew. It was extra heart-wrenching watching her request Superman to freeze her, knowing they both knew what the consequences could be, especially since HE STILL DID IT! Clark this isn't the time to honor her request, but to stand up and say NO, we'll find another way. Then find another way.

I got a little confused with Mazik being called by Nigel's alias, though.

All in all, a good story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with much of what Virginia said about the story. On the frozen Lois front, Mozartmaid wove a series of bad judgments and misunderstandings into such a predicament where only a life/death situation could resolve it in a reasonable fashion. I too dislike the frozen Lois scenario which seems to be repeated in fan fiction frequently however putting Martha and Jonathan's lives in the balance always seems to get our heroes focus on what is important and off of the small stuff that they often seem to get hung up on.

While I agree with Virginia on Clark going to Lois as Superman after ditching her in the middle of their date as Clark was pretty low, in his defense he was pretty loaded and often we don't make the best decisions when we are loaded. Witness what they did once they got to Las Vegas. I always wonder why whenever they decide to get away from Metropolis and take off they frequently go to Las Vegas. To get away from Metropolis and all the baggage it had for them at this time is understandable but San Francisco would only be a few minutes further for a Superman flight and a much nicer city to visit in my opinion. The only draw Las Vegas would have specifically would be to get a quickie marriage which they neither one started out expecting to do. I know, "Plot Gods"...

My take is an OK story just probably not one of my favorites due to all of the twists and turns. Rescues required at repeatedly just the wrong time, drunken Lois and Clark/Superman getting married, bad revelation reaction, Dan, Nigel and Mazik, frozen Lois, Clark doubting whether he should still be with Lois, and finally the happy ever after ending (I probably missed one or two in there somewhere). Basically half of the first season in 150KB. I was getting antsy from all of the jumps in plot which meant I was not really enjoying it.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 09/15/14 11:20 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
I enjoyed the story. It had a cute comedy of errors that led to their Vegas wedding, and some nice, WAFFY momments that led Lois and Clark to understand that they belong together. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard