Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258286 09/14/14 02:01 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The new doctor is starting to grow on me, and I have to say, I felt this episode was outstanding. What do you all think?

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I love the new Doctor!

From the promos, I was afraid this episode would give me nightmares, but it ended up going in a different direction than I was expecting. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing at the "he'll never be a Time Lord" line, though!!

I still like Clara more now than I liked her last season... I wasn't a big fan of some of the things she said to Danny, but I liked that she went back to try and make things right.

(Also I liked that we did NOT get Missy or any reference to the Promised Land!)

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I really liked the episode up until the end. It had a lot of promise, but it fell flat when Clara had her monologue at the end. So the whole thing was in the Doctor's head, and there aren't actually any monsters that are hiding? So what wrote on the chalkboard, and what was under the red blanket?

Why was the Doctor so sure that whatever was under the blanket wanted to be left alone? Maybe it was trying to meet them, but it left because it was upset that all the people in the room turned their backs on it.

And what was knocking on Clara's grandson's ship?

Why was Clara able to travel to Gallifrey? Isn't the planet trapped in time in some pocket dimension? If it could be time-travelled to, wouldn't the Doctor have done that by now?

The whole thing had such potential. It's a shame that the end ruined the rest of the episode for me.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard