OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I never like secretary Cosgrove, he always seemed to be playing a much deeper game.
How is Lois going to handle the Ida that her hubby is literally going to be a million miles away?

Last edited by Morgana; 09/12/14 10:50 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm wondering how they'll deal with the kiss now that everyone knows she's married to Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
I never like secretary Cosgrove, he always seemed to be playing a much deeper game.
How is Lois going to handle the idea that her hubby is literally going to be a million miles away

Secretary Cosgrove is a minor character in this story.
As to how Lois is going to handle it - I guess the next couple of chapters will tell the tale.

kj
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois and Clark being married, and her knowing Clark’s secret, is sure to have a big impact on this story. I’m looking forward to seeing how you have it play out.

(begin physics geekery)
Not your fault, but I’ve always been peeved with the scientific illiteracy in this episode (ignore the flying man, please). First of all, a seventeen-mile object four days away at 8.3 miles/sec is not going to cast a shadow on the Earth’s surface. It would have to be much, much closer to do that.

An object that size could not affect the Earth’s rotation or orbit significantly on impact. Nightfall is to the Earth as a baseball is to a forty foot sphere. Earth has 100 million times the mass of Nightfall.

However, Nightfall is three times the size of what killed the dinosaurs (and thus nearly thirty times more massive), and would have a devastating effect on life on Earth. Not to mention obliterating everything for thousands of miles around the impact point. I feel the writers overdid it on the effects on the planet, and underestimated the impact to human and other life. Nuclear winter, firestorms, etc. etc.

I’ve modeled the impact using this handy calculator. You can play with the parameters yourself. As the page says, the results are uncertain, but they shouldn’t be off by an order of magnitude.

And of course, Clark didn’t have to destroy the asteroid to save Earth. If it’s four days away, he just needs to push it for a few minutes and it’ll miss. Don’t TV writers know basic orbital mechanics??!

Oh, wait…

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm wondering how they'll deal with the kiss now that everyone knows she's married to Clark.

Well, you see, the thing is - only a select few know that they are married. To the general public, since Lois retained her professional name, they are still Lane and Kent the writing team. They did not have an announcement put into the paper and since the ceremony was performed by a justice in Smallville, it will be harder for anyone to find out about it.

Last edited by KenJ; 09/13/14 10:33 PM.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
Originally Posted by VirginiaR

Well, you see, the thing is - only a select few know that they are married. To the general public, since Lois retained her professional name, they are still Lane and Kent the writing team. They did not have an announcement put into the paper and since the ceremony was performed by a justice in Smallville, it will be harder for anyone to find out about it.
So, Lois and Clark don't think it will matter what Perry, Jimmy, and Lex think, when they see Lois throwing herself a man who isn't her husband? shock I hope not!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Deb,

Thanks for the FDK!

I agree with you on the science errors and I have corrected some of them, but if I corrected them all there wouldn't be any story. I decided to leave most of it intact. There was a lot left out and no good explanation for some things so I have added here and there and also tried to explain some things. Hang on, I think it will be a fun ride.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Virginia,

Yes, there will be some interested observers, but the staff at the Planet know that Lois and Clark are very close to Superman and won't think anything of a good luck kiss from a close friend.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard