bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Please leave a review. jump

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am glad you clarified that this was not going to wrap in 11 parts because I was pretty sure you could not sort all these situations out that quickly without a pretty contrived ending. This part only assures me of that because while the situation is moving along, it is not moving along at the breakneck pace it would need to to wrap up all the loose ends you have here.

Normally I don't like a lot of flashbacks because they tend to as much detract from a story as add to it, not to mention they can be really confusing... Because of that I was concerned at first about the parallel story lines but by now it just seems to be a normal and natural part of the story almost a second story being told at the same time. This part seems to begin the tying of the two stories together so I am anxiously waiting for the next couple of parts to better integrate the two stories.

I look forward to each new part and if has not been said before it is a great story and thanks for writing it.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Getting oh-so-good, Bakasi! dance notworthy

I, too, am really loving how you are weaving the flashbacks and story together. Everything seems to be connecting more and more--and it all is such a pleasure to read smile.

Interesting flashback. I'm wondering when Clark will go ahead and tell Lana about himself? You can really feel all the hesitation he has over the matter in your writing. And Lana interned at Luthor Corp! Wow--that's big news...hmmm.

I'm glad Clark is starting to tell Lois more about his true thoughts on Luthor--whether she believes what he is saying/thinking, or not. He needs to be able to confide in her. You've very well captured how alone and how desperate he is to figure all of this out. It's such a different take on 'Clark'--one that I'm enjoying to read about...

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your feedback, both of you.

Mike, I'm glad you enjoy my story despite the fact that it has so many flashbacks. Clark's story was something that needed to be told and at first I wanted to let him tell it. But then I decided that it would probably become too introspective.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm still reading. This week has just been crazy busy in RL.

I was wondering about that flashback scene with Clark working at the NYTimes. I thought for a minute there that you'd jumped WAY ahead. Silly me. Lana working for LexCorp. Not good. I wonder why Clark keeps seeing red flags with his relationship with Lana. Could it be paranoia over his rescue of Lex? If the NY Times was so interested in him, why didn't he go back? Why didn't he try to research Lex while with them?

I'm glad Clark was able to see all the problems with the article before they took it to Perry. It's all part of his back story of being a Kerth award winning reporter (wasn't it?). Yea! hyper He finally told Lois (vaguely) that Luthor is up to no good. Now, I'm beginning to wonder what's up with Lois. Did she research Clark after she heard that he and Luthor had once been friends and learned about Lana's death? I thought she and Lex were having lunch together, not dinner. I was kind of hoping that she'd break that horrible cycle and have dinner with Clark just this once. Sigh. Let's hope she keeps Clark's suspicions in mind when Lex starts to flirt with her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback Virginia.

I thought she and Lex were having lunch together, not dinner.

I didn't specify the exact time they were meeting. Luthor tried to schedule a lunch date with Clark. Lois sticks to the script and has dinner with Lex wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is no way on the nine planets that this story can end in 11 parts! shock

That being said this story really draws the reader in, the flashbacks are like extra brush strokes which bring out the details of a painting. So looking forward to the next part.

Yes, I know Pluto is no longer a planet, but this series was set in the 90's. rotflol

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard