All Shook Up - Matchmaker Style 1/10

When Virginia proposed the challenge of taking a first season story and having it result in Lois and Clark being married I took up the challenge and "The Green, Green Glow of Home - Matchmaker Style" was the result.

That was all well and good, but then I started thinking - What about future episodes? How would the fact that they are now married affect the dynamic? For instance, how would "Pheromone My Lovely" be changed by the marriage? How would it affect "Honeymoon in Metropolis" and "All Shook Up"?

So, to answer the question - ‘What if Lois and Clark were already married when All Shook Up happened?' I offer the following.

All Shook Up - Matchmaker Style

This is a sequel to Honeymoon in Metropolis

Rated PG-13

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

My thanks go out to my betas - Artemis and Ray for their help.
In this, the sequel to HiM - Matchmaker Style. Lois and Clark have been back from the assignment in Smallville for a few weeks. The events of PML were delightful, however, Lois really has no recollection of what happened. Clark finally had an opportunity to give Lois a real honeymoon, but it was interrupted by an investigation. Now it is back to work.

Lois and Clark now live in Clark's ‘old' apartment.

In this particular story a lot of the dialogue is taken from the script text. I wish to express my thanks to my Beta readers Artemis and Ray Reynolds for their invaluable help. This was a VERY rough draft when it first landed in their hands.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Chapter 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -34 x Gamma 255 x Tau -225
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Lois awoke slowly. She was lying on her right side and she could feel the very solid presence of her husband's body spooned against her back and his left arm draped across her stomach. She reached down with her left hand and gently picked his hand up and moved it up so that it rested on her breast. She didn't know if he was awake or if it was simply a reflex that caused him to squeeze ever so gently. Whichever it was she reveled in the feeling of connection and the contentment that it produced. A few seconds later she had her answer because she felt featherlight kisses on the back of her neck. She said, in a throaty whisper, "Good morning, Husband."

The kisses stopped and she felt the breath on the back of her neck as he responded, "Good morning, Wife," as he gave her breast one more gentle squeeze.

She scooted around so that she was facing him and gave him a kiss. "I just love waking up this way, with you here in bed with me. I miss you so when you have an early morning rescue and I wake up alone."

"I'll have to keep that in mind and try harder to get back before you wake up from now on."

She gave him another kiss, "You're so thoughtful. It's almost more than I can stand. I'm so in love with you."

"I think that it's a tie for who loves who the most."

Just then the alarm clock on Lois's side of the bed began to ring.

With an irritated sigh she rolled back over, reached for it and shut it off. Flopping onto her back she looked at the ceiling and said, "Oh, well, I guess that means it's time to get ready for work."

Clark eased out from under the covers and stood. As he did, Lois propped herself up on her elbows so that she could watch him as he slowly walked from his side of the bed, around the foot and toward the bathroom.

He was aware of her perusal and took pains to move slowly. As he walked he did an early morning stretch, flexing his arm and shoulder muscles making them stand out and ripple like steel cables under his skin. He could hear Lois' breathing rate increase and then her gasp when as he neared the bathroom he started to slide his sleep shorts off. Looking back over his shoulder he could see a look of pure lust in her eyes. Once he had them off, he turned around and casually asked, "Do you want the usual this morning or should we pick up a coffee at Daryl's?"

Lois' mind was definitely not on her morning beverage as she sat there and stared open mouthed and almost drooling at the sight of her very naked husband in all his glory.

Clark smiled a happy smile. He was thinking, <Yes, two can play at that game. Now you know what you do to me all the time.> "I think we'll stop at Daryl's this morning for a change of pace."

She felt like her brain had turned to mush. It suddenly dawned on her that he had been speaking, but not one word had registered, "Huh?"

As he turned away he said, "I said, ‘We'll stop at Daryl's today for coffee'," and disappeared into the bathroom.

As soon as the door closed behind him, Lois came out of her lust caused stupor. She almost shouted, "Clark Kent, you get back here, this instant!"

Opening the door, he looked out and said, "Yes, Dear?" As soon as the door was open, his super sense of smell picked up the aroma of her arousal. Smelling that caused a reaction in his own body.

The desire in her eyes was obvious as she said, "You just can't do that to me." As she watched him emerge from the bathroom she saw his response. Seeing that caused her breaths to start coming in shallow gasps and her heart rate to increase.

"Do what?" Her scent was becoming stronger and he started to move in her direction. The closer he got to her, the stronger his response was.

"You know very well, what I'm talking about. Get over here, husband mine and fulfill your marital duty by filling your wife." Her eyes were glued to him as he walked toward her. She threw the covers off.

"But, we'll be late." He was now at her side and reaching out grasped the waistband of her panties and started drawing them down her long slender legs.

At his first touch she let out a sigh which slowly became a growl of desire. Then she growled, "Right now, I don't care if we are. It'll be worth it."

Once he had her panties off he slid his hands up her legs, caressing them as he moved up to her torso. He caressed her hips and the curve of her waist before his hands moved under her top and he found her breasts. His hands circled her breasts and squeezed gently while his thumb grazed over her erect nipples. Each time he did she would release a small gasp.

She pulled her top up to her neck to give him unobstructed access to her breasts and he moved in. When he did, his tongue flicked out and laved her hard nipple, wetting it slightly. Then he pulled back and blew on it, not enough to freeze the siliva, but enough to cool it. Once he had chilled her nipple he lowered his mouth to her breast and took her cold nipple into his warm mouth, flicking his tongue over it and applying some suction.

Lois was whimpering her desire as he did all of this. Her hips began to move of their own accord. She buried her fingers in his hair and pulled his face from one breast to the other.

That started a period of marital intimacy.

When she finally released him he lay next to her and caressed her breasts and body as she slowly relaxed.

After several minutes she exhaled, deeply and said, “Wow. That was something to remember.”

He replied, with heartfelt emotion, “I’ll never forget.”

After parking the Jeep they walked hand-in-hand to Daryl's Coffee Cart. There were pedestrians bustling to and fro around them, but they were in their own little world as they strolled along.

Taking a deep breath and looking up Clark said, "I love the morning. Anything's possible in the morning."

The smugly satisfied grin that she had had on her face since their coupling was infectious. In a tone so low only he could hear it, Lois quipped, "Especially when it starts the way this one did." Then reality began to intrude and she raised her tone, "Now we have to deal with the real world, because, as of this moment, we don't even have the tiniest fragment of something that might someday, with a lot of work, resemble a story.

Catching her smile, Clark said, "C'mon. We had a great story yesterday."

In a tone that approached being cynical, Lois said, "You know Perry. You're only as good as today."

As they approached, Frank, the vendor, spotted them and started preparing what they usually ordered. When they reached the cart he had their orders ready. As he handed Lois hers he said, "Short non-fat mocha, decaf, no foam, no sugar, no whipped." As he handed Clark his he said, "Grande latte, full caf, whole milk, three sugars."

Lois looked up and said, "Sorry, Frank, can I change mine?"

Frank gave her a wary look, "How?"

“Just add one sugar and a dash of cream. Real cream, not that half-n-half stuff."

Frank took it back and made the changes. "Here you go."

"Thanks, Frank."

As he handed it to her he said, "I don't see you guys around here much anymore. What happened?"

Lois turned to him and said, "Oh, you don't know? We got married!"

"Congratulations! That keeps you away?"

Clark replied, "Well, no … it's just that …"

Lois finished for him, "Well, you see it's this way … Clark usually makes us coffee in the morning. We were running a little behind today."

Frank said, "I thought something had changed. I saw the hand holding as you approached." He gave them a knowing look before he said, "Running late. I know how it is. I was a newlywed once upon a time myself."

Lois started to blush.

Clark said, "Thanks, Frank," and placing his free hand at Lois' low back, Clark guided her away. Lois took a sip of her coffee and grimaced. She said to him softly, "Yours is much better."

"It has a secret ingredient."

"Oh, what is that secret ingredient?"

He stopped her and looked her in the eyes as he said in a low tone, "Love."

Lois’s knees suddenly felt weak and she had to reach for his arm to steady herself.

The arm that had been at her back was suddenly around her waist pulling her against his body and her knees became weaker still. She just stared up into his dark brown eyes and marveled again that this man was her husband. She just couldn't believe how fortunate she was. <He is one in a million. No, billion. No, trillion. Oh how many people are there on this planet anyhow? And he's all mine.> Her lips parted in anticipation and he didn't disappoint her. He bent down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips.

After some time she managed to get herself together indicated her drink and quipped, "If I drank this all of the time, I'd have to spend half the day in the gym."

With a leer, he said, "I don't know about that. You expended a lot of calories this morning and you weren't in the gym."

Playfully she slugged his arm and said, "I guess you may be right. I'm just maintaining my energy levels."

Before Lois could say anymore she was interrupted by a sudden reduction in the light around them. As they looked around it grew darker and darker.

With concern in his voice, Clark asked, "What's going on?"

Lois offered, "Solar eclipse?"

Shaking his head, Clark said, "Nah, they always announce them in advance. Astronomers know when and just where the shadow will fall. About twenty-three or twenty-four years ago, while I was a kid, we took a vacation and went to Canada, Nova Scotia actually. Anyhow, we got to Antiganish just before an eclipse was scheduled to occur. That's the first one I can remember seeing. It looked like this though. Could the astronomers have missed this one?"

As he finished speaking the light continued to fade, Clark, knowing that he might be needed, handed his coffee to Lois to free his hands. Quickly the darkness became profound. The darkness was unbroken by streetlights and drivers had been surprised by the sudden change in the light level. A car that had been making a turn overshot and skidded around a corner near them. Clark could see pedestrians in the way that would be hurt if the driver didn't regain control. The driver also saw the pedestrians and panicked. He slammed on the brake which threw the car into a worse skid, totally out of control. Clark looked around and most people had their heads back, staring up into the sky so he used his super speed to get in front of the car. He braced himself and as the car came within reach he put his hands on the hood. To avoid injuring the driver by stopping the car dead like it had hit a tree, he allowed his feet to skid along the pavement using them to brake the car. When the car was about at a standstill he saw people starting to turn to look so he jumped back as if he had been hit, landing on a pile of boxes and miscellaneous trash that was piled for pickup.

When Lois looked and saw that Clark was missing she looked around and saw him flying through the air into the trash pile. She rushed over to him and helped him up. Under her breath she asked, "How'd this happen?"

As he straightened his tie he said, "Tell you later."

Clark feigned confusion after the collision, but looking up asked, "What happened?"

Lois handed him his coffee, shook her head and said, "The sun just … blacked out! But why?"

Nodding, Clark agreed with her, "Good question."

Smiling, Lois said, "Yeah. But it's going to be an even better story." She pulled him in the direction of the Planet as she said, "Come on. This could be our lucky day."

While Lois dragged him in the direction of the Planet, Clark was distracted by all that was happening around him. People were wandering about aimlessly dazed and confused from the sudden darkness even though it was lifting. He closely examined the streets in the immediate vicinity and didn't see any mishaps like the one he had prevented. Then he looked up and used his telescopic vision to try and determine the cause of this astronomical anomaly as he allowed her to drag him away.

They made their way into the lobby and found the door to the elevator standing open. Quickly entering and pushing the button for the newsroom floor they waited for the doors to close. As soon as they were she was in his arms once again. They were both careful of their coffees that they didn't spill them on each other as their lips merged and their bodies melted into one another.

They had taken this trip so many times that they both knew just how long they had and seconds before the doors were to open they separated. By the time the doors were open they were standing side-by-side with their free hands entwined. Like a switch had been thrown, as soon as the doors were open, Lois was all action. She threw herself down the ramp, nearly at a run, placed her coffee on her desk, dropped her bag on her chair and shouted, "Jimmy!"

Anticipating her, Jimmy had been approaching, "Lois?"

"Jimmy, call the observatory!"

"Which observatory?"

"I don't care, any observatory. We need to know what caused … that!"

Jimmy turned away and as he did, said, "Already on it."

Lois was startled and asked, "Already?" Then Lois noticed what was happening in the newsroom. She had been too focused to see anything but her objective.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 09/09/14 03:20 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj