Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Whew! dizzy Done! party

Sorry its taken so long to write the epilogue. This only reinforces in my mind one thing: Never post until the ENTIRE story is complete.

Thanks for everyone, especially my betas Ken Janney, Bob and Andreia.

Oh yeah, please comment!!! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 09/08/14 09:45 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You got it in under your self imposed deadline! I was beginning to wonder...

Yes! Aykira makes an appearance in this story also!! A slightly different ending for Lex than 'Stranger' though.

This could be the beginning of a significantly different universe than 'Stranger' but interesting none the less. Lois and Clark visiting New Krypton. Clark's siblings visiting Earth. Jor-El and Josca visiting Smallville and Jonathan and Martha. The New Krypton long distance transporter device can allow earthlings to travel to New Krypton and Kryptonians to travel to earth, what could possibly go wrong with that?

Nice wrap up to another great story.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic ending.

I loved that you showed Jor El wondering whether he should intrude on Clark's life now. It was very realistic that he would feel this way. Good job he's got a sensible woman to put him right though.

I love the Kryptonian wedding bracelets.

Fantastic ending. Thank you.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was beautiful!

The tall man pointed his chin towards the three level structure made of brownish red colored material. “Look at the place where he resides, it is alien to us, but to him is comfortable and inviting. He is contented with …” The strange name came haltingly to his lips, “Lo – is and ignorant of my existence.” He stood thinking for a moment before he continued, “Josca, perhaps it is best he remain so. What good can come of learning his mother is dead and his father is no longer a peaceful scientist?”
Given that Clark thought both of his birth parents -- and all the other Kryptonians -- were already dead, finding out that his father is alive, whatever he has become, can only be a good thing.

Josca with her newly enhanced senses could see, even in the darkness of the alley, that Jor-El was running slender fingers through his graying hair. Not only was he her husband, but he was the First Lord of her people, a title to be held in honor and respect. Unfortunately even infinite patience such as she possessed could be worn gossamer thin, gently she grabbed Jor-El’s well muscled arm and pulled him towards her. She looked up at him, her large blue-brown eyes sparkling in determination. “Nor-Ur is no longer alive nor is Kal-El in danger any longer! We have placed Trey as provisional head of the government until your return, given our children into the care of good friends and crossed countless light-years of space to meet this lost son of Krypton. Barring any further interference, tonight you *will* be reunited with your son!”
Josca and Lois have a lot in common -- including the ability to talk sense into their men.

Sadness was swiftly replaced by joy, an inner brightness lit Clark up inside like a super nova and that lightness bubbled forth with unerring enthusiasm. “What? I have *two* brothers and a little sister?”
One of the happiest moments of Clark's life, no doubt! Finding he has a biological family in addition to his adopted one!

“There is no need for concern Kal-El, Mr. Luthor is now on New Krypton in a specially designed prison where he shall remain for the rest of his days. Like Krypton, New Krypton is a giant world circling a red giant sun. If he were to try to escape he would find it very difficult, very difficult indeed, to contend with the increased gravity. As soon as he would step out of his cell he would be incapacitated by his own weight. There is therefore no possibility of his escaping Kryptonian justice.”
Never be sure where Lex Luthor is involved.

Clark wiped a tear from her eyes, smiled and finished her sentence, “… want to leave you, Mom, Dad and all my friends and life on Earth to become *Lord* Kal-El? No, I am Clark Kent.” He tenderly kissed her forehead and pulling back, whispered in her ear. I am Kryptonian by birth, blood and rank. But my heart and life are irrevocably tied to *this* planet and the beautiful woman by side. I belong here, not a million light years away. If I go to New Krypton on a visit, you are coming with me, that is a promise.”
dance Clark won't give up the ones he loves on either world, but Earth is his home.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A very satisfying ending to this story. Clark meeting his father and getting to know that he has a family by blood was very touching. Now he knows he has a family on Earth and on Krypton. The traveling device will allow them to keep in touch despite the distance. And even Lois can visit New Krypton. Yay! hyper Imagine Luthor's fury when he sees Clark on New Krypton and has to admit defeat! devil Although I don't believe any prison is foolproof when Luthor is involved. With a traveling device available he will try to find a way to come back to Earth. shock Fodder for another story? wink

Aykira returns! Good to see her again. smile I'm sure the former LexCorp will be in capable hands and will thrive under an honest leadership. clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Mike M

Yes! Aykira makes an appearance in this story also!! A slightly different ending for Lex than 'Stranger' though.

Its been a long time since she was on the boards. I thought it might be nice for the Stranger and Visitor to meet! Well sorta.... thumbsup

The New Krypton long distance transporter device can allow earthlings to travel to New Krypton and Kryptonians to travel to earth, what could possibly go wrong with that?

The device has opened up a number of possibilities. One of which I am kicking around.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! It means a lot! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 10/20/14 07:10 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Katherine Kent

I loved that you showed Jor El wondering whether he should intrude on Clark's life now. It was very realistic that he would feel this way. Good job he's got a sensible woman to put him right though.

I love the Kryptonian wedding bracelets.

Clark had to get his lunkheadness from somewhere! wink

The bracelets I mentioned earlier in 'Stranger'. Such a wedding custom adds an extra dimension to the culture of Krypton. Thanks so much for reading! It means a lot to me. hyper

Hey! Nobody mentioned Jack and Stacy getting together! frown

Last edited by Morgana; 09/10/14 08:04 PM.

Morgana

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A great ending to this story! clap

And now, do you know what I'd like to read? The adventures of Bernie Klein in Paris!
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

What good can come of learning his mother is dead and his father is no longer a peaceful scientist?”
You added quite the flavor to the early paragraphs clap As for now, well, he’d learn that only his mother had died and his father’s still around to kick his behind laugh

they were inattentive to everything around them. Including two strangers surrounded by darkness.
Well, Superman sure has made the Metrolites careless…

Barring any further interference, tonight you *will* be reunited with your son!”
evil So, will there be an accident that will have Kal-El tell the weird stranger to please wait while he deals with the mess?

Turning to Clark he said, “I … I am certain we can enjoy the same foods as yourself.”
Good thing it’s not Lois who’s doing the cooking then, huh?

if you wish to join him, special arrangements will need to be made due to the difference in gravitation.”
Like taking her out in a lightning storm?

That is why I said special arrangements would need to be made if Lois wished to accompany you on a visit.”
They would put her in a cell together with Lex? peep

“… want to leave you, Mom, Dad and all my friends and life on Earth to become *Lord* Kal-El? No, I am Clark Kent.”
But he’d get *concubines*!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

This was fun and a nice ending!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Sydney

A great ending to this story! clap

And now, do you know what I'd like to read? The adventures of Bernie Klein in Paris!

Don't think I haven't kicked that idea around in my head! It might be fun to see what FoLC's favorite scientist thinks of the City of Lights!

Oooh a wedding in Paris! love

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
AnnieB

“There is no need for concern Kal-El, Mr. Luthor is now on New Krypton in a specially designed prison where he shall remain for the rest of his days. Like Krypton, New Krypton is a giant world circling a red giant sun. If he were to try to escape he would find it very difficult, very difficult indeed, to contend with the increased gravity. As soon as he would step out of his cell he would be incapacitated by his own weight. There is therefore no possibility of his escaping Kryptonian justice.”

Thanks! I have KenJ to thank for the paragraph above. Brilliant!

But I will say this; never count Lex out. He has and always will be a thorn in Lois and Clark's side.

One of the happiest moments of Clark's life, no doubt! Finding he has a biological family in addition to his adopted one!

Yes, it is one thing to hear and watch events unfold via The Globe, but it is quite another to actually talk with those people. Having another family will make Clark's life that much richer! Hmmmm wonder what he'll be like when little sister Kirana starts dating! whistle

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Lois can visit New Krypton. Yay! hyper Imagine Luthor's fury when he sees Clark on New Krypton and has to admit defeat! devil Although I don't believe any prison is foolproof when Luthor is involved. With a traveling device available he will try to find a way to come back to Earth. shock Fodder for another story? wink

Aykira returns! Good to see her again. smile I'm sure the former LexCorp will be in capable hands and will thrive under an honest leadership. clap

Yeah the look on Lex's face would be priceless when he is visited by Lord Kal-El and Lady Lois! laugh

I have been kicking a story around in my head, nothing definite yet, but there are a couple of plot lines surfacing. A corporate war between Lex and Aykira? But first he would have to return to Earth. The possibilities are quite fruitful.

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Good thing it’s not Lois who’s doing the cooking then, huh?

Sorry to disappoint you, but in my stories Lois is not a disaster in the kitchen. Sometimes she will even display a talent and flair for all things culinary.

Like taking her out in a lightning storm?

One never knows - especially in an alternative universe.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Morgana

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It’s great that Clark is able to get to know his birth father. What an interesting cultural gap, though — it reminds me of children adopted from other countries and raised in the US, then traveling abroad to find their birth families.

I hope you show us other stories in the future of this timeline. What do Jor-El and Clark’s parents make of each other? What would it be like visiting New Krypton?

Nice wrap-up to your story!

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
DebbieG

This AU has many possibilities, but as we both know there are two stories that have to be completed first. But it would be fascinating to see how Jonathan reacts to Jor-El.

Thanks so much for reading!

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
In response to not a few PM's there will be a part two to the Epilogue of this fic.

Stay tuned! party

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard