Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's life is busy enough since he's moved to Metropolis. He has a new job, has fallen in love (this time for real, even if he's in serious denial) with his co-worker/co-rival Lois Lane, and he's taken on a second career that doesn't pay much but makes him feel good right HERE /points to Clark's heart, which is three sizes too big for one persona, which is why he has two/.

So, it's time for Clark... er... Superman to get some new friends. Hero or heroine... /Writer puts hand in hat, pulls out name from either the Justice League... or if need be, Marvel's Avengers... roster, and inserts it HERE/ _______________ needs Superman's help or comes into town to assist our favorite Man in Blue with his current troubles. On the other hand, does said visiting hero blame Superman for all of Metropolis's (and the world's) troubles?

Is our big boy scout the kind of man who makes friends easily and this friend-wannabee gives him the warm fuzzies, or is it something that makes him uncomfortable and he just wishes for XYZ to go away and leave him in peace? Is this visiting hero/heroine a friend or a frienemy?

What does Lois think of this visitor? Does she love him or hate him or there indifference involved? Does the brightness of Superman's uniform pale after she realizes he isn't the only hero out there or will he always be the only hero in her heart? Does Superman suddenly have competition for Lois's attention?

RULES:
1. Only one visitor per story. If Batman visits, it isn't because he's followed the Joker into Metropolis.
2. Must be set in S1.
3. Lois must think Clark is visiting male hero in disguise, or Clark should suspect Lois as the visiting female hero, even if only briefly

Visitor must be a known hero from either comics, television, or movies, preferably but not limited to the Justice League or Marvel Avengers.

This is part of the 2014 Monthly Challenge Challenge. Please start posting your results on October 1! Don't forget to submit it to Labrat over on the Archives (or directly if the link still isn't working) after you finish posting.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/05/14 08:12 PM. Reason: That's why I should always proofread first

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oooh... L&C and Greatest American Hero crossover, anyone? I think that, in the right (write?) hands, this would be hysterical.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Alex Mack. There is a wonderful fanfic on Twisting the Hellmouth with her adventures after the TV series,
The Secret Return of Alex Mack . Probably would not be confused with Lois, Lois would react to her, she learned her costume design from Selina Kyle and is designed to make sure no one would thing this is a modest 18 year old.

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Oooh... L&C and Greatest American Hero crossover, anyone? I think that, in the right (write?) hands, this would be hysterical.

Joy,
Lynn

clap clap clap Someone HAS to write this!!!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
C

Is our big boy scout the kind of man who makes friends easily and this friend-wannabee gives him the warm fuzzies, or is it something that makes him uncomfortable and he just wishes for XYZ to go away and leave him in peace? Is this visiting hero/heroine a friend or a frienemy?

What does Lois think of this visitor? Does she love him or hate him or there indifference involved? Does the brightness of Superman's uniform pale after she realizes he isn't the only hero out there or will he always be the only hero in her heart? Does Superman suddenly have competition for Lois's attention?

RULES:
1. Only one visitor per story. If Batman visits, it isn't because he's followed the Joker into Metropolis.
2. Must be set in S1.
3. Lois must think Clark is visiting male hero in disguise, or Clark should suspect Lois as the visiting female hero, even if only briefly

Visitor must be a known hero from either comics, television, or movies, preferably but not limited to the Justice League or Marvel Avengers.

This is part of the 2014 Monthly Challenge Challenge. Please start posting your results on October 1! Don't forget to submit it to Labrat over on the Archives (or directly if the link still isn't working) after you finish posting.

Does it REALLY have to be a male hero?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Christina,

No, according to the post, it doesn't.

Do you have a specific heroine in mind? I wonder how our Clark would react to Kara Zor-El (AKA Supergirl)?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
No, no. I specifically said hero/heroine. I know I didn't write any suggestions to Lois reacting to a female hero, and I apologize for not fully seeding your imagination.

Actually, it might be fun to have Wonder Woman (or another female hero) come on the scene and instead of having Lois reacting out of jealousy, as per the norm, but her giving up her idolatry of Superman in exchange for becoming Wonder Woman's greatest supporter and fan. Go, female empowerment! What would Clark think about this change?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Christina
No, no. I specifically said hero/heroine. I know I didn't write any suggestions to Lois reacting to a female hero, and I apologize for not fully seeding your imagination.

Actually, it might be fun to have Wonder Woman (or another female hero) come on the scene and instead of having Lois reacting out of jealousy, as per the norm, but her giving up her idolatry of Superman in exchange for becoming Wonder Woman's greatest supporter and fan. Go, female empowerment! What would Clark think about this change?

Not really. I recall reading a script posted online written by Elliot S. Maggin for "Lois & Clark" that kind of riffed off of a new heroine in town. I don't know where it's at anymore though.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by groobie
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.

Joy,
Lynn

clap clap clap Someone HAS to write this!!!

Wham!! Damn.

Perfect. One of my favorite superheroes, too.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard