Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
All chapters, along with their feedback threads, are collected here in the TOC, thanks to Mike M and LabRat.

Thank you all for reading this! I hope you enjoyed it.

This is a good time to thank my beta readers, Morgana and my daughter, once again. They helped make this story much better. And all your comments will help me improve it further before I archive it. Thank you!

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Thanks for a great story. I remember the first few chapters wishing that the plot would progress faster. Now it seems it went by too quickly. Hope to see a sequel in the future. Great characterization and plot.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I for one would love to work on the sequel! Thanks for letting me beta this fic. party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not the direction I was expecting but perfect none the less. The entire chapter focused on the future (just like Zor-el and Alura said). From the Caitlin/Emily part, to the Jonathan/Martha future plans, to the globe and finally going home.

As many have said this chapter just about sets up a sequel all by itself as we all want to know where Emily and Caitlin end up, what Jonathan/Martha decide, will Caitlin and Jordy get together, and what will Kara find out as she ages, has more adventures, and the globe begins to fill her in on her past.

I agree with Andy, in the beginning I was wishing you would move along quicker and in the end wish the story had 100 chapters (move over Virginia). In the end it was a very nicely plotted and executed story. Loved it.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. I really enjoyed it.

Unless you plan a sequel please think about adding an epilogue set ten or twenty years later.

It was clear that HG recognized Emily and Caitlin's names so at least we know they stayed.

Framework4
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
I'd like to see a final epilogue with H.G. Wells checking the far future where all these events are part of history.

I greatly enjoyed this series.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Deb,

All I can do is echo the rest, an excellent tale well orchestrated and executed.

Like so many others, I would like to see a sequel.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A beautifully written and plotted story! clap It's been a pleasure to read and learn about these characters. Well done. As with the others I shall miss them, now that they won't be part of my weekly routine anymore. You did mention an epilogue, which I too hope will touch on the future and whether or not Kara meets her friends from the other dimension again.

It was sad to think of Jonathan and Martha no longer on the farm. I can understand the desire to slow down now that he's getting older. It would be too bad if Laura wouldn't be able to train on the Smallville fields as her siblings and father had. Jordy isn't going to be happy to hear that Kara has all her powers at once, while he's getting his piecemeal. Then, again, it's easier to handle and learn when one only has to deal with one at a time. I loved this section:
However, he’d been shocked that not only her hearing, but all her powers had returned. He’d kind of expected her to follow the same sequence as he and Jordy had now that she was home. Maybe it was because she’d already developed her powers in the other world, or maybe it was because she was a girl, or maybe it was something else. He guessed he wasn’t as much of an expert on the subject as he’d thought.

Bernie would have a field day trying to figure this all out.
Very funny to have Clark baffled by his daughter. Clark, just get used to it. How long have you known Lois and you still haven't figured her out either. Plus, soon Kara will be a teenager. evil Good thing she's a good kid. It's like teaching someone to drive. Letting go is the hardest thing for a parent to learn. clap Tractor of Damocles. lol

This exchange was cute, too:
Clark shifted uncomfortably. “Mom, she’s not going public just yet.”

Kara and Martha exchanged a glance that Clark was unable to decipher.

“Oh, I know. She’s going to be practicing her powers, though, like Jordy. I know you don’t want her to be seen, but if she is she should be in uniform. And you know she’s going to be flying, don’t you?”

“I know,” admitted Clark. It was a given: if she could fly, she would. He’d never attempt to deny her that.
Poor Clark. lol

“What’s he going to do when he’s a grownup? He can’t call himself Superboy then.” Kara looked to her father. “Dad, are you going to retire as Superman and have Jordy take over?” Martha laughed out loud at the look on Clark’s face.
clap I love it! I can just picture this. Poor Clark. His kids were kids just yesterday, and now they want *him* to retire. lol

It was sweet having Clark show Kara her globe and introducing her to her folks. It was a nice full circle. I really enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for sharing it with us. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I just finished reading all the other reviews.they have written everything I have thought of. Beautiful writing.I fell in !love with the characters, Jordan, Kara and Caitlin especially. I will also feel a bit sad, and prolly will reread this whole thing a few more times.

Thank you. No, serious. Much appreciation to you for all the work you put into this.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Borrowing non-prescription glasses was not a problem in the Kent household.
laugh laugh laugh

Great ending to the fic. Kara is back with her family, her helpers have settled into a new, non-famous life, and all is well.

As other posters have commented, this fic does leave a lot of room open for a sequel. If you ever get the urge, please write one!

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you so much, everyone! I’m really glad you enjoyed it.

There is certainly a lot left to happen in everyone’s lives. I preferred to leave things open-ended rather than write an epilogue; after all, we don’t really know the future until it happens.

I never considered writing a sequel when I started this, but I’ve gotten to love the characters too. I have rough ideas about where their lives go, but I haven’t had an idea for a sequel yet. I’m not in a big hurry for the kids to grow up, though by now everyone would be three years older. Kara would be a high school freshman, and Jordy a senior. Fortunately, fiction doesn’t have to follow real time. wink

There are a lot of questions: What happens with Emily and Caitlin that H. G. Wells knew who they were? When do the Kent kids go public? Can they keep the family secret if they do? Can Kara and Jordy help in secret? What if they’re seen? And does Jonathan agree to move to Metropolis (or the suburbs) so they can see more of the grandchildren? What happens back in Emily’s world — does H. G. Wells find a way to get them their own Superman or Supergirl? Does Kara ever talk to her friends back there again?

Meanwhile, before I can think about a sequel, I need to edit this story for the archive based on everyone’s feedback, and I also have another (not L&C) writing project that needs attention. But you’ve all got me thinking a sequel might be fun. laugh

Thanks again!

Last edited by DebbieG; 09/14/14 09:29 PM. Reason: Bad grammar is bad
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Debbie,

I'd like to join the chorus requesting a sequel. As you and others have already mentioned, there are a lot of questions left to be answered, and I'd love to peek in on the lives of these old and new friends.

Whether or not you choose to write a sequel to this story, I hope you will post many more fanfics here in the years to come.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Just wanted to add a very belated vote for a sequel if you ever feel like it, one of my favorite L&C stories.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard