Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, that's it now. Thanks for coming on this ride. Please make your comments here.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a delightful, pretty pink bow with which to wrap up the story. I love the explanation for Clara's name. The kryptonite threats were amusing, too.

So do you have a teaser for the next story you'll be posting here? or am I being too presumptuous. Perhaps instead I should simply say that I hope you will post a new story soon, and if you do, I'll be eager to read it.

Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great way to end a fun story. Sounds to me like Clara is going to be a handful for Mom and Dad!

Glad to see Martha on hand to welcome the new arrival?

Only one complaint. Where was Bernie during the delivery? frown

Appreciate you letting us come along for the ride, many thanks! Will keep an eye out for the next KK story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad to see that Lois and Clark are still happily married despite nine months of bloating, nausea, and irritable behavior. I hope Lois didn't get pregnant right off the bat, though, and they were able to enjoy some time getting to know each other as husband and wife first.

Good thinking ahead to have a special room set aside for Superman's wife. Love how the baby's Kryptonian heritage stopped the pain medication from being effective (I'm guessing that this was more Lois's nasty mood from being in pain than actually the truth), but didn't stop Lois from being in horrible pain.

It's good that Clark could take the day off from Supering duties to be with his wife uninterrupted. Although, Kara might have had something to do with that.

I'm glad Martha was there to help them over those initial bumps of turning their duo into a trio. I agree that you might have the perfect name picked out but until you meet that little someone (be it a baby, kitten, or puppy), you won't know for sure if it'll fit.

This little vignette did seem a bit stand alone-ish, as it didn't really refer back to Wedding Pact story... except that it was set in the wider universe where Clark isn't the only hero around. It was cute nonetheless. Thanks for the fun-filled ride.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
(Using his best Darth Michael voice): I for one am still waiting on Lois to explain the Trival Pursuit night to Cindy!!

I have to agree with Virginia though, for the archive you probably should put some sort of a bridge in the epilogue: "18 months later..." or something like that to tie to back to wedding and new pact or maybe add a new pact about parenthood. Some sort of bridge.

Loved the entire story, particularly the messed up dating attempts. It is my type of story so of course I would love it thumbsup.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very cute! Poor Lois, just super enough for the painkillers not to work, not super enough to not feel the pain. frown

Will Clara have siblings? How will Lois and Clark deal with a newborn/toddler/preschooler while still managing to be Lane and Kent (and Superman)? Lots of things to wonder about.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a happy ending! I'm so glad that there was an epilogue to get a glimpse of Lois and Clark's new life together. And to find out about their new addition...

Loved their final name choice...and I really enjoyed how they came to their final decision. Perfect clap

And I also really got a kick out of the Kryponian genes interrupting her pain medicine. Good thinking!

I'm a big fan of your work--looking forward to more of your stories smile

Wonderful!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
LOIS: Are you trying to tell me some- Excuse me sick [Linked Image]
“It’s okay, Lois. You’re doing fine,” Clark muttered feeling absolutely useless. “Just grab my hands and squeeze tight.”
Okay, she’s either up for a Pulitzer or she’s in labor. I think I’ll go with Pulitzer. Will she have a little Pulitzer? /scratches head which author suggested ‘Pulitzer’ for their little one in a story/

“You’re supposed to feel and share in the pain,” she spat out at him.
Good thing they don’t allow Kryptonite near Earth-women carrying a half-kryptonian child?

“Yes, I will. I don’t feel the pain, but I still feel it, Lois. I’m not numb you know. My nerves still register sensation.”
So…that’s why he looked so happy about 2 minutes after they left the reception on their wedding day?

“Bernie won’t mind if you slip into Superman mode you know. In fact it might be a bit comforting to me too.”
She referring to that Clark should deliver their baby on the backseat of a cab in the middle of a freeway after a Die-Hard-style hold-up?

“This is so unfair,” she grimaced. “The woman’s supposed to pass on the pain when she squeezes the man’s han ... aaaaaaaaah!”
Oh. That’s why they do it for? peep

“I know, I know,” Clark agreed. “How about I let you tape some kryptonite to my chest for an hour when you come home?” He let her grip at his hand while he stroked her hair with the other.
rotflol He’d do anything to get out of diaper changes, huh?

“Try thirty hours ... and your chest would be a foot too high.”
shock [Linked Image] Maybe she should have thought of that earlier?

The cool water felt so wonderful against her hot, sweaty skin. Lois closed her eyes and sighed. Just a minute’s rest, just one minute. Then the pain will return. I can’t keep this up any longer. I can’t.
Maybe he should have taken her flying? Maybe a nice little storm front?

Blinking back hormonally induced tears she smiled up at her husband and knew she’d never in a million years hold him to the kryptonite bargain.
Wouldn’t want to ruin the equipment? Or because then she’d have no option for when she finds a blonde hair on the cape of his uniform?

Stupid Kryptonian genes floating around my body counteracting the painkillers, she cursed in her head before taking a deep breath.
So, no Earthen medicine and no Kryptonian invulnerability either? She really knows how to pick ‘em.

Two days later Lois found herself strapped into the jeep making her way home to the brownstone she shared with Clark.
evil So, two more days of labor?
wink

Clark came up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder. “I understand. In fact, I think I agree.” He chuckled.
I’ve heard Lara is a popular name these days.

“Mom, stop fussing,” chided Clark
Clark! She’s waited what is it now, 10 years?

She blinked up at him, mouth open.

“Lanie Lane-Kent!” Lois shouted incredulously.
rotflol No, Lanie Kent peep

“Well, there was Tra-” he never got a chance to finish as his mother swept forwards to intervene, removing the little baby from Clark’s arms.
–cy? As in Cat?

A little wriggle as she yawned made Lois suspect that her new baby had a cheeky and adventurous side.
Good thing there’s no superpowers?
17 years later…
LOIS: Lanie Lane-Kent! You will float right back into that window again, missy.

“Welcome home, Clara Lane-Kent.”
hyper

That was a great fun story, Vic!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, how the description of Lois' labor brought me right back to 2003! I honestly nearly broke my husband's hand by squeezing it so hard. Yeah, those Lamaze classes were fairly useless. Breathe...PFFFFTTTTT!!!! Try telling me that after 54 hours of labor!

/groobie looks accusingly at the 11 year old innocently playing with his Pokemon cards behind her./ razz

Thanks for the addition to the story. I will only whistle knowingly at the interlude you studiously avoided and will allow my mind to fill in the blanks. whistle LOL I appreciate your contribution to the boards and look forward to your next story. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a delightful, pretty pink bow with which to wrap up the story. I love the explanation for Clara's name. The kryptonite threats were amusing, too.
Thanks.

So do you have a teaser for the next story you'll be posting here? or am I being too presumptuous.
I've made promise after promise to myself that I'll finish a Smallville fic I've been working on for 2 years. I've also promise to start posting one or more of my finished SV fics in that section on the boards. After that it's back to LnC ideas, and I've got plenty.

That being said, I got a quick idea a few days ago. I've pulled it together really fast and sent it for beta. It's short and WAFFY and called 'Movie Night'. Hopefully I'll post it in a few days.

Perhaps instead I should simply say that I hope you will post a new story soon, and if you do, I'll be eager to read it.

Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks Lynn. Hope you will enjoy my next offering.

Originally Posted by Morgana
What a great way to end a fun story. Sounds to me like Clara is going to be a handful for Mom and Dad!
Can you see a child of Lois and Clark being anything else.

Glad to see Martha on hand to welcome the new arrival?

Only one complaint. Where was Bernie during the delivery? frown
I tried to leave that vague. He was around.

Appreciate you letting us come along for the ride, many thanks! Will keep an eye out for the next KK story!
Soon, I hope.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm glad to see that Lois and Clark are still happily married despite nine months of bloating, nausea, and irritable behavior. I hope Lois didn't get pregnant right off the bat, though, and they were able to enjoy some time getting to know each other as husband and wife first.
Yes, there was time. This wasn't immediate.

Good thinking ahead to have a special room set aside for Superman's wife. Love how the baby's Kryptonian heritage stopped the pain medication from being effective (I'm guessing that this was more Lois's nasty mood from being in pain than actually the truth), but didn't stop Lois from being in horrible pain.
LOL. Yeah, Lois would completely blame Clark, even if it wasn't his fault.

It's good that Clark could take the day off from Supering duties to be with his wife uninterrupted. Although, Kara might have had something to do with that.
There's plenty of other Superheroes around to take up the slack.

This little vignette did seem a bit stand alone-ish, as it didn't really refer back to Wedding Pact story... except that it was set in the wider universe where Clark isn't the only hero around. It was cute nonetheless. Thanks for the fun-filled ride.
It is a little removed from the rest of the story, yes, but it's supposed to be like that scene you see at the very end of the credits, a little glimpse into the future to show you that everything really was 'happily ever after'. Also, if you look back to the Prologue one of Lois' reasons for the Pact and for it being at 35 was that she might want children and 40 would be too late. So it's actually showing that she got her wish.

Originally Posted by Mike M
(Using his best Darth Michael voice): I for one am still waiting on Lois to explain the Trival Pursuit night to Cindy!!
Never gonna happen. Lois will NEVER admit to Cindy what was going on in her head and her heart at that time.

I have to agree with Virginia though, for the archive you probably should put some sort of a bridge in the epilogue: "18 months later..." or something like that to tie to back to wedding and new pact or maybe add a new pact about parenthood. Some sort of bridge.
That's a good idea. I might do the "18 months later", and see if I can add a sentence or two reminding people of Lois' reasons for the Pact back in the Prologue.

Loved the entire story, particularly the messed up dating attempts. It is my type of story so of course I would love it thumbsup.

Mike
Thank you Mike. grin

Originally Posted by LMA
What a happy ending! I'm so glad that there was an epilogue to get a glimpse of Lois and Clark's new life together. And to find out about their new addition...
Thanks

Loved their final name choice...and I really enjoyed how they came to their final decision. Perfect clap
My hubby and I really struggled with names for our second child. I had just as much trouble deciding what I was going to name Lois and Clark's child.

And I also really got a kick out of the Kryponian genes interrupting her pain medicine. Good thinking!
Well, he never takes pain medication himself, as it wouldn't work, so I just extended that to include Lois while pregnant with a Kryptonian.

I'm a big fan of your work--looking forward to more of your stories smile

Wonderful!
Laura
Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
“It’s okay, Lois. You’re doing fine,” Clark muttered feeling absolutely useless. “Just grab my hands and squeeze tight.”
Okay, she’s either up for a Pulitzer or she’s in labor. I think I’ll go with Pulitzer. Will she have a little Pulitzer? /scratches head which author suggested ‘Pulitzer’ for their little one in a story/
That's an awesome name for a baby Kent.

“You’re supposed to feel and share in the pain,” she spat out at him.
Good thing they don’t allow Kryptonite near Earth-women carrying a half-kryptonian child?
Hmm, reading ahead I see.

“Bernie won’t mind if you slip into Superman mode you know. In fact it might be a bit comforting to me too.”
She referring to that Clark should deliver their baby on the backseat of a cab in the middle of a freeway after a Die-Hard-style hold-up?
LOL. No, just that he stop acting like a geek and be strong and assured at the circumstances instead.

Stupid Kryptonian genes floating around my body counteracting the painkillers, she cursed in her head before taking a deep breath.
So, no Earthen medicine and no Kryptonian invulnerability either? She really knows how to pick ‘em.
*nods*

Two days later Lois found herself strapped into the jeep making her way home to the brownstone she shared with Clark.
evil So, two more days of labor?
wink
Thankfully, no. But 2 days worth of tests, yes.

Clark came up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder. “I understand. In fact, I think I agree.” He chuckled.
I’ve heard Lara is a popular name these days.
Stop reading ahead!

She blinked up at him, mouth open.

“Lanie Lane-Kent!” Lois shouted incredulously.
rotflol No, Lanie Kent peep
There's quite an argument going on between Lois and Clark about whether it's Kent or Lane-Kent.

“Well, there was Tra-” he never got a chance to finish as his mother swept forwards to intervene, removing the little baby from Clark’s arms.
–cy? As in Cat?
You're the only one that mentions this half-name. Possibly it was Tracy! grin

“Welcome home, Clara Lane-Kent.”
hyper
You like the name?

That was a great fun story, Vic!

wave Michael
Thanks.

Originally Posted by groobie
Oh, how the description of Lois' labor brought me right back to 2003! I honestly nearly broke my husband's hand by squeezing it so hard. Yeah, those Lamaze classes were fairly useless. Breathe...PFFFFTTTTT!!!! Try telling me that after 54 hours of labor!
My hubby had a dislocated knuckle for days before hand. He moaned a lot about the pain. I squeezed so hard, during labour, I popped it back into place and his pain disappeared!

Thanks for the addition to the story. I will only whistle knowingly at the interlude you studiously avoided and will allow my mind to fill in the blanks. whistle LOL I appreciate your contribution to the boards and look forward to your next story. grin
Fill in the blanks all you want. Sometimes your own imagination is better than the writing, anyway!

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Very cute! Poor Lois, just super enough for the painkillers not to work, not super enough to not feel the pain. frown
Absolutely. Poor thing.

Will Clara have siblings?
Probably. But then Lois might remember the lack of pain relief!!!

How will Lois and Clark deal with a newborn/toddler/preschooler while still managing to be Lane and Kent (and Superman)? Lots of things to wonder about.
I'm sure it would make for another amusing comedy if we ever saw that toddler growing up.

Thanks to everyone who read, enjoyed and commented. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, reading ahead I see.
[Linked Image]

Stop reading ahead!
I’m not!

There's quite an argument going on between Lois and Clark about whether it's Kent or Lane-Kent.
Let me guess, Lois wants to go the traditional route?

You're the only one that mentions this half-name.
[Linked Image]

You like the name?
Very cute!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard