Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sorry I was late with today’s post. I wasn’t feeling well this morning and forgot. Oops.

If you want to re-read prior chapters, or you missed one, they’re all collected on one page thanks to Mike M and LabRat. Chapter 52 will be posted Friday morning.

I really appreciate all your comments! What do you think of this chapter?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heartwarming, just heartwarming. A great slice of home life with a Superhero. Only 2 parts to go, but we're leaving town. I'll comment when I can.
Great story all around.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know. [Linked Image] Some FDK. That's like Chicken Soup for a writer's soul. wink (Yikes! Did I really just write that? shock Well, the sentiment is real, even if the words are corny.) I hope you feel better soon.

So, what will Kara be for Halloween THIS time? What was she last time in the other dimension? Supergirl, wasn't it? How come nobody put one and one together again? Yes! Thank goodness for Martha! Super-Mom to the rescue! clap

I can imagine how terrified Kara was sitting alone in the house after Tempus, but it's a part of survival, the coping and moving on. Jordy seems like a good big brother, even if he doesn't want to watch his terrified sister just after she was kidnapped. Good thing nothing happened to her again, or Jordon would never forgive himself.

TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

I hope that Kara can use her new-found self-confidence and get over being bullied by Paige. If memory serves me right, middle school girls aren't called "mean" for nothing. ( [Linked Image] at my grammar. Apologies.)

When will Kara get her powers back? Will she? What if she can't get her powers in this dimension because she had them in the other dimension? No, that would mean that Clark couldn't have used his powers over there, wouldn't it? Maybe she just has a longer recovery time than Clark does.

I hope you feel better soon. Loving your story (in case you didn't notice with all of my FDK.) smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Can't believe only two more chapters to go. What a great story - felt very real. I cant believe they will let Kara go as Supergirl. I think it's the pirate costume again.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I'm sure Martha will come through with any kind of costume that Kara wants.

Of course, now that Kara has been Supergirl, and has dealt with the real world, kid stuff isn't so engrossing after all. It's sobering that Kara has probably lost a lot of her innocence.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you very much for the kind words, everyone!

Iolanthe: I think I recall reading somewhere that child soldiers in Africa, in the midst of a horrible situation, still have their kid stuff interests. There’s no doubt Kara’s been through a lot, but she had love and support through all of it. Plus, I think having superpowers gave her a feeling of empowerment that was reassuring; she never felt helpless. She’s grown up a little, but she’s still a kid, I think.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard