Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feeling exited?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Martha is the best! dance

I can totally picture that conversation between Lois and Lucy. lol I'm so glad that Lois has her feet under her and knows that Clark really loves her.

Lois and Clark together are just so adorable. clap I just want to say 'awwww', so Awwwwwwww.

I hope you had a good vacation despite all the sitting around and writing. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
When the crick in Lois’ neck became too much she pulled away, but the loss of her lips was too much to bear so Clark turned her around and took her in his arms again.

And then Clark pushed Lois onto her back, scattering the wedding magazines beneath them as he...wait, darn it, these aren't the nfic boards! devil My mind is always in the gutter!

and then mouthed a silent sorry out to the holy atmosphere.

LOL...loved that line!

Uhhh...I remember all that planning. Makes me jealous for everyone who just drives on over to Vegas! Yea, Martha to the rescue. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Memories. It took me six months to plan my wedding. Lois and Clark want to do it in seven weeks:

Flowers ....check
Wedding venue ....check
Band ....check
Maid of Honor ....check
Crazy bridesmaid ...check
Cake ...check

Wedding dress?

I am going to get into big trouble for this, Martha is one of my favorite characters, but offering Lois her wedding dress? Maybe not the best thing to do. Every wedding is different, so I cannot imagine Lois and Martha having the same taste, much less the same size.

This is a pet peeve on my part.

Now that Jimmy is in his late 20's he is the perfect age to be Clark's best man! dance

Who is going to be the groomsman?

All in all an excellent part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
hyper Martha is the best! dance
Isn't she just? smile

Lois and Clark together are just so adorable. clap I just want to say 'awwww', so Awwwwwwww.

I hope you had a good vacation despite all the sitting around and writing. wink
Thanks. I got some writing done, but not as much as I wanted ... but at least this SV story that's been going for years is closer to being finished and behind me.

Originally Posted by groobie
When the crick in Lois’ neck became too much she pulled away, but the loss of her lips was too much to bear so Clark turned her around and took her in his arms again.

And then Clark pushed Lois onto her back, scattering the wedding magazines beneath them as he...wait, darn it, these aren't the nfic boards! devil My mind is always in the gutter!
rotflol You and Michael need to create a 'Make The Wedding Pact an n-fic story' club.

and then mouthed a silent sorry out to the holy atmosphere.

LOL...loved that line!
Thanks. laugh

Uhhh...I remember all that planning. Makes me jealous for everyone who just drives on over to Vegas! Yea, Martha to the rescue. smile
Yeah, must be so easy to just walk in the door and have it all there for you.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Memories. It took me six months to plan my wedding. Lois and Clark want to do it in seven weeks:
I had nine months! Although I've also known some people do it in six weeks.

Crazy bridesmaid ...check
lol

I am going to get into big trouble for this, Martha is one of my favorite characters, but offering Lois her wedding dress? Maybe not the best thing to do. Every wedding is different, so I cannot imagine Lois and Martha having the same taste, much less the same size.
Martha's dress is quite simple, elegant and traditional in style (in comparison to the kind of dresses designed TODAY - not that it is PLAIN). It would easily fit with many styles of wedding. It's only in the last 20/30 years that dresses have become so wildly ranging in style. Martha got married at least 40 years ago, possibly 50. In regards to size ... they are similar height and shape and the wedding dress is not a 'fitted' style. There's 2 weeks for Martha to make any adjustments needed.

This is a pet peeve on my part.
Okay. Hopefully you will trust me when I say that, as the Author, they did have the same tastes, and it fitted well enough. There's always the chance that it wouldn't, but similarly there's always the chance that it would.

Now that Jimmy is in his late 20's he is the perfect age to be Clark's best man! dance

Who is going to be the groomsman?
Um, Ralph? peep

All in all an excellent part!
Thank you.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ralph? dizzy Oh my!

Katherine I trust your wedding dress vision and look forward to seeing how this works out.

Just so happy they are together! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 08/31/14 08:30 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This part may not have been very relaxing for Lois, but it definitely was for the reader. It was nice to have a quiet part before (what I am guessing will be) the grand finale of the wedding.

By "relaxing" I mean that while there was a lot of activity and stress on Lois' part, there was nothing seriously angsty or WHAMMy -- not that I expected there to be.

So what role is Perry playing? Groomsman? Adopted father of the bride? Since the ceremony is taking place in a church, I'm assuming he won't be the blue suede minister.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Ralph? dizzy Oh my!
evil Ralph's probably not been invited at all. laugh

Katherine I trust your wedding dress vision and look forward to seeing how this works out.
Thanks. I know that, even today, a reasonable amount of women want to wear their mother's wedding dress. My girls definitely do!!!

Just so happy they are together! dance
So am I.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
This part may not have been very relaxing for Lois, but it definitely was for the reader. It was nice to have a quiet part before (what I am guessing will be) the grand finale of the wedding.
Lois is in a frantic mess ... until the very end, and Martha's intervention. smile

By "relaxing" I mean that while there was a lot of activity and stress on Lois' part, there was nothing seriously angsty or WHAMMy -- not that I expected there to be.
No angst left ... it's all WAFF from here on in.

So what role is Perry playing? Groomsman? Adopted father of the bride? Since the ceremony is taking place in a church, I'm assuming he won't be the blue suede minister.

Joy,
Lynn
lol No, this is traditional, and there's no sign of criminals or baddies or clones or long dead exes or comedian wanabee ministers, so Perry won't need to take over. He's a guest. And he's probably gonna have a bit too much wine and start to sing Elvis songs at the reception after!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll add another 'awwwww' to the group. Awwwwwwww!!! So sweet, so heart warming, and so excited for the next part smile!

I enjoyed the scene with Lois and Clark and all the wedding magazines. Great kiss between them, wonderfully sweet reflexions from Clark as he was watching his fiancé. It was nice to see them home together being 'them'.

I also really enjoyed Lois' apology to the holy atmosphere--hilarious--and Clark not being quite able to hold in his smile at her action was so rightly Clark.

And Martha? She was perfect. Such wonderful moments between Lois and Martha you created. I have always really loved that moment between them in WHALTTA at Lois' apartment, and you captured that very close connection also between them here smile. Loved it!

Can't wait for that wedding!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
I'll add another 'awwwww' to the group. Awwwwwwww!!! So sweet, so heart warming, and so excited for the next part smile!
Thanks. There's even more awwwww to come.

I enjoyed the scene with Lois and Clark and all the wedding magazines. Great kiss between them, wonderfully sweet reflexions from Clark as he was watching his fiancé. It was nice to see them home together being 'them'.

I also really enjoyed Lois' apology to the holy atmosphere--hilarious--and Clark not being quite able to hold in his smile at her action was so rightly Clark.

And Martha? She was perfect. Such wonderful moments between Lois and Martha you created. I have always really loved that moment between them in WHALTTA at Lois' apartment, and you captured that very close connection also between them here smile. Loved it!

Can't wait for that wedding!!!
Laura
I tried to capture all the different aspects of planning a wedding, but in RomCom-Lois-and-Clark style. Glad you liked it.

Final part is being posted soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep Can you guess who's vacay's over?
“But, don’t you think we should book the venue first, Lois?”
Do you have to make a reservation at the Vegas Chapel of Lust?

“Clark, we need the invitations designed so that all we need to do is insert the venue name.
How about a DP frontpage instead? That way, only family members who value Lois’s work will show up. Plus, all her friends from work.
KYLE GRIFFIN: wave

The invitations need to be ready to go immediately then.”
Wow, her inner double-X-chromosomes make an appearance peep

“Okay.” Clark just decided to be in full agreement with his fiancée.
I just realized — okay, I read the title for #19 — they’re quite hasty in their setting a date. Does that mean that their colleagues will think shotgun wedding?

Lois was sitting cross–legged in the centre of the floor. Papers and magazines were scattered all around her. It was like she was swimming in a sea of white weddings.
shock She’s gone full XX! Also, does that mean the answer to last part’s cliffhanger was ‘yes’?

“Okay, where is it,” she began mumbling to herself. Picking up magazines and chucking them over her shoulder she continued the muttering. “I know I saw it on the front of one of these.”
The black teddy she was wearing in Soul Mates?

“It’s around here somewhere.” She twirled around and stretched, throwing more papers around.
Awww, our little tornado clap

“Lois,” he shouted a little louder.

“I KNOW I saw it.”

“Lois,” he reached forward and grabbed her arm.
May I suggest K-I-S-S-I-N-G?

“Um. I wondered whether we should go for a blue theme with the flowers. You know, rather than traditional red ... or pink ... blue, it has ... um, significance.”
Because of…umm…blue…umm…you know, given how Clark has been waiting and waiting and waiting? [Linked Image]

“Lucy, please calm down,” asked Lois.
I’m assuming Lucy is trying to figure out if this is code for ‘my partner finally snapped and took me to an island to make me his love slave’ or code for ‘I’ve been Lonapped and please find Clark to find Superman to get me’.

“Okay, okay.” Lois heard the deep breathing on the other end. “Is this a ‘Pact’ thing, because you don’t have to go through with it just because you did a pinky swear with him ten years ago.
shock Lucy…*knows*?

“Lucy,” Lois interjected. She finally understood what Clark went through every time he tried to interrupt her ramblings.
Yes, but now Clark can kiss her to achieve that effect.

“Lucy, we love each other. Truly. It’s not because of The Pact. Well, it is, and it isn't. Without The Pact I’m guessing we may never have got to this stage, may never have been forced to admit. Or maybe we would.
Maybe they would have done so earlier?

I’ve been slowly falling in love with him all these years, and he’s been doing the same, and neither of us knew.
CLARK: Umm…Lois? What do you mean I didn’t know that I don’t love you?

“Oh, you don’t know Cindy that well. She can be a right ...”
…Lois Lane?

The size of the church was big enough that the ceremony could never be referred to as intimate but small enough that it didn’t compete with a Royal Wedding.
So, appropriate for the consecration of the primary concubine to the First Lord of Krypton, yet it won’t upstate his wedding to Zara?

“Yes please.” Clark shifted his feet and then grinned. “We were hoping to book the church. You see we’re getting ... we want to ... I asked her to marry me.”
Priest looks at both of them. “And she said ‘yes’?”

“But, the thing is ... we want it soon. Seven weeks.”
That’s not soon. Seven days would be soon. Seven hours might get them to Vegas. Seven minutes might get them to Vegas, Superman-style.

PRIEST: So…shotgun wedding?
Six months later…
DOC: Yes, their baby is quite healthy, even though it was born three months early.
peep

“Clark, we ...” she sighed and melted into his arms. “We have to stop.”
She’s calling it off! shock

“I know,” he moaned into her hair, tightening his grip round her waist. “We’re in the minister’s office ... in church.”
Oops?
PRIEST: So, sooner than seven weeks, I take it?

“He’ll be back any moment, he only went to ... to ...” He took her mouth again. Just when he thought he was about to irrevocably lose control Clark heard a scream.
Priest fell from the rafters?

“I have to go. I trust you to make all the arrangements with the minister. See you later.” A quick peck on the nose later and he was gone.
Welcome to married life!

“Oh, he uh ... had to ... remembered an appointment,” Lois stumbled, “with a source.” She noticed the frown on the minister’s face and knew exactly what thoughts were passing through his mind.
/makes coke-bottle gesture/

But I can never tell you that, so I’ll plaster a fake smile on my face and act completely oblivious to your thoughts and just make all the wedding arrangements.
laugh

Clark stood in the changing room grimacing at himself in the mirror. It wasn’t that the suit didn’t fit, or that it didn’t look good, but he couldn’t see himself walking down the aisle in a white tux.
So…he’d prefer something a little more primary color?
[Linked Image]

but he couldn’t see himself walking down the aisle in a white tux. It didn’t give the correct impression,
That he only has the purest of thoughts for his bride?

After a quiet minute, during which time Clark slipped out of the white tux and into the black morning suit, struggling quite a bit with the cravat, Jimmy spoke again. “So, how’s that one?”

“I like it. Not sure about the waistcoat.”
What about something a bit more traditional?
[Linked Image]

“Oh, Mrs Kent, this is heaven,” moaned Lois. She snuggled into the comfy farm couch holding a hot chocolate in her palms.
Full-day spa for the freaking bride?

What are we going to do without a cake?
Serve DFCBs?

Lois dropped back into place on the couch. “What? A lion tamer?”
So, that’s how he learned to tame mad dogs?

“Red skirt and cape ... again.”
laugh

seconds later, in a pair of soft blue jeans and a red and blue checked shirt.
rotflol

Lois suspected that Martha was going to offer to make her wedding dress but she just couldn’t accept.
Just what I expected. Will it be pink and teal with a shoulder-mounted veil?

“Take a cookie if you want one, Lois,” came Martha’s voice and Lois looked up with wide eyes. How the heck does she know, she’s not even looking in this direction?
Because they contain chocolate?

“Lois, I have something I’d like to show you. Will you come upstairs with me?”

Lois nodded mutely. Don’t tell me she already has the material.
Or is it her old dress? Did they maybe keep Lois’s old concubine getup from the NK invasion?

Her breath caught in her throat and all brain activity ceased.
Oh dear.

“It was my wedding dress,” Martha spoke quietly.
evil

So. You never got to see Lois' reply. smile Think it's pretty obvious what it was though.
Hmm… ‘no’?

You and Michael need to create a 'Make The Wedding Pact an n-fic story' club.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
peep Can you guess who's vacay's over?
Um. Mine?

Tee Hee

“Clark, we need the invitations designed so that all we need to do is insert the venue name.
How about a DP frontpage instead? That way, only family members who value Lois’s work will show up. Plus, all her friends from work.
KYLE GRIFFIN: wave
lol Fantastic idea.

“Okay.” Clark just decided to be in full agreement with his fiancée.
I just realized — okay, I read the title for #19 — they’re quite hasty in their setting a date. Does that mean that their colleagues will think shotgun wedding?
rotflol Good one. Actually their colleagues are gonna think ... 'Finally. How much longer did they think they could hide their 8 year long affair from us?' As far as they are concerned it's not fast ... it's slow!!!

Lois was sitting cross–legged in the centre of the floor. Papers and magazines were scattered all around her. It was like she was swimming in a sea of white weddings.
shock She’s gone full XX! Also, does that mean the answer to last part’s cliffhanger was ‘yes’?
Of course it was! *Gibbs slaps Michael*

“It’s around here somewhere.” She twirled around and stretched, throwing more papers around.
Awww, our little tornado clap
Yeah, she's being a little manic!

“Lois,” he shouted a little louder.

“I KNOW I saw it.”

“Lois,” he reached forward and grabbed her arm.
May I suggest K-I-S-S-I-N-G?
Yup, you can suggest it. They may even agree.

“Um. I wondered whether we should go for a blue theme with the flowers. You know, rather than traditional red ... or pink ... blue, it has ... um, significance.”
Because of…umm…blue…umm…you know, given how Clark has been waiting and waiting and waiting? [Linked Image]
MICHAEL!!!!! *shocked* No! lol

“Lucy, please calm down,” asked Lois.
I’m assuming Lucy is trying to figure out if this is code for ‘my partner finally snapped and took me to an island to make me his love slave’ or code for ‘I’ve been Lonapped and please find Clark to find Superman to get me’.
Hmm, there's an idea for a n-fic in there somewhere!!! *muses*

“Okay, okay.” Lois heard the deep breathing on the other end. “Is this a ‘Pact’ thing, because you don’t have to go through with it just because you did a pinky swear with him ten years ago.
shock Lucy…*knows*?
Lots of people know. It was kind of a fun thing to mention when it was new. It became more serious and scary as time went on.

“Lucy,” Lois interjected. She finally understood what Clark went through every time he tried to interrupt her ramblings.
Yes, but now Clark can kiss her to achieve that effect.
CLARK: And it works every time. In fact, sometimes I think she rambles on purpose just to get me to kiss her.

The size of the church was big enough that the ceremony could never be referred to as intimate but small enough that it didn’t compete with a Royal Wedding.
So, appropriate for the consecration of the primary concubine to the First Lord of Krypton, yet it won’t upstate his wedding to Zara?
Well, as Author I exercise the right to say ... THERE IS NO ZARA!

“Yes please.” Clark shifted his feet and then grinned. “We were hoping to book the church. You see we’re getting ... we want to ... I asked her to marry me.”
Priest looks at both of them. “And she said ‘yes’?”
rotflol Yeah, who would have guessed it? Why would anyone ever want to marry bumbling, nervous Clark Kent.

That’s not soon. Seven days would be soon. Seven hours might get them to Vegas. Seven minutes might get them to Vegas, Superman-style.
It was considered. *nods*

PRIEST: So…shotgun wedding?
Six months later…
DOC: Yes, their baby is quite healthy, even though it was born three months early.
peep
Nope. They are just hopelessly in love. laugh

“I know,” he moaned into her hair, tightening his grip round her waist. “We’re in the minister’s office ... in church.”
Oops?
PRIEST: So, sooner than seven weeks, I take it?
LOIS: Are you able to do it now? Surely there's a random witness or two hanging around in the pews?

but he couldn’t see himself walking down the aisle in a white tux. It didn’t give the correct impression,
That he only has the purest of thoughts for his bride?
Oh my. If husbands had to wear a colour that reflected their thoughts of their bride ... Oh my!

Lois dropped back into place on the couch. “What? A lion tamer?”
So, that’s how he learned to tame mad dogs?
Yeah, but wouldn't that technically be 'wild cats' though.

“Red skirt and cape ... again.”
laugh
Well, I thought it might be nice to show some sort of long term fascination with the colours and cape!!

seconds later, in a pair of soft blue jeans and a red and blue checked shirt.
rotflol
He likes those colours. And so does Lois! laugh

Lois suspected that Martha was going to offer to make her wedding dress but she just couldn’t accept.
Just what I expected. Will it be pink and teal with a shoulder-mounted veil?
rotflol That would be so awesome.

“Take a cookie if you want one, Lois,” came Martha’s voice and Lois looked up with wide eyes. How the heck does she know, she’s not even looking in this direction?
Because they contain chocolate?
Yup.

“Lois, I have something I’d like to show you. Will you come upstairs with me?”

Lois nodded mutely. Don’t tell me she already has the material.
Or is it her old dress? Did they maybe keep Lois’s old concubine getup from the NK invasion?
No invasion! But your other thought might be correct.

You and Michael need to create a 'Make The Wedding Pact an n-fic story' club.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael
Is it already an n-fic story in your mind?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um. Mine?
clap

'Finally. How much longer did they think they could hide their 8 year long affair from us?' As far as they are concerned it's not fast ... it's slow!!!
clap

MICHAEL!!!!! *shocked*
[Linked Image]

Hmm, there's an idea for a n-fic in there somewhere!!! *muses*
hyper

Lots of people know. It was kind of a fun thing to mention when it was new. It became more serious and scary as time went on.
thud Lois *shared*!

CLARK: And it works every time. In fact, sometimes I think she rambles on purpose just to get me to kiss her.
rotflol

Why would anyone ever want to marry bumbling, nervous Clark Kent.
Maybe he’s the only one who’d take her?

Oh my. If husbands had to wear a colour that reflected their thoughts of their bride ... Oh my!
JIMMY: What do you mean, purple suits aren’t appropriate?

Yeah, but wouldn't that technically be 'wild cats' though.
laugh
CAT: wave

Well, I thought it might be nice to show some sort of long term fascination with the colours and cape!!
laugh

Is it already an n-fic story in your mind?
[Linked Image] There was a lot of possibility for imagining D.E.s in the story…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard