bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Please leave a review. wave

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, now we know why Clark thinks that Luthor knew. And apparently, Lana drove off to speak to Luthor after Clark told her and he thinks Lana and Lex discussed the secret themselves. How terrifying it must be for him, the not knowing.

I'm a bit surprised that Lex would agree to a drag / speed race. It doesn't seem quite in character for him. Or that they would describe what happened to him out on the road as a mugging. Clearly, it was something much more than that.

I'm glad that he's not thinking of quitting Metropolis. Yea for Amy Platt for metaphorically slapping him upside the head just when he needed that. The Prometheus and the Messenger weren't just a tango between Clark and Luthor. Others are involved and can get hurt if he runs off. I'm still wondering what he will do since he hasn't gotten the idea to create an alter-ego.

Have a good vacation and I hope you have 9 ready by the time you return! wave Ooooh, lookie there, you have a final number already determined. 11 parts. What?! jawdrop You can tie this plot up in 3 more parts? notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I tried commenting last night, but somehow it got lost… mecry

This Clark seems more wary even than alt-Clark from canon — not really a surprise if he thinks Luthor is on to him. It’s going to take a big boost in confidence for him to become Superman. And who’s going to design the uniform?

I like this Lois a lot. I wonder if the Lois from canon would have the patience and empathy to deal with this Clark. Maybe this Lois hasn’t suffered through Claude and all the others?

Looking forward to the next part!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But she did not seem to mind his lack of eloquence. Instead of asking more questions, she just nodded and made her way back to her own desk. Clark straightened in his chair. He needed to shift his focus back to the tasks at hand - finish the investigation and leave Metropolis. It was simple as that. He had done it before. Perhaps he should just cut his ties right now, get up and leave the Planet, claiming to be sick. Writing his resignation would not take more than a couple of seconds.

Wow! Hard to believe Clark would turn tail and run like that! He has gained so much since coming to Metropolis. How can he possibly imagine that anyone - even Luthor - would connect the dots and think that they point to him? huh

He watched Mrs. Platt and her daughter until the doors of the elevators closed behind them. He felt like a traitor for having considered, if only for a moment, running off and leaving this investigation to Lois. Of course, he knew it would have been in capable hands, but still… Talking to Amy had fueled his resolve to bring Luthor to justice. He could not continue to run at the first sight of trouble. There was so much more he could have done, had he not always shied away from risking exposure. Amy had already lost her father, he should not add to her pain because he was afraid to do what was right.

That's so much better! Clark is all about helping and for awhile he forgot about that. So glad you used the character of Amy Platt to remind himself of all that she can't do, but that he can. Time for the real Clark Kent to take center stage and I don't mean Superman!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did Lois recommend that he keep a change of clothes at work? Has he gotten the idea of a secret identity yet? He needs one. Of course, what does Luthor know? Will Luthor figure out that CK=SM right away? You've got me wondering.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you all for your feedback.

@ Virginia: Of course you' re right - it would be pretty awsome to untie the knot I created here in just three more parts and still have a readable story. I'm not that good a writer. So there is going to be more than that. Lois should also have her story told, don't you think? wink

@Iolanthe: Well, Clark really is afraid that Luthor might know. He wouldn't want to display his powers publicly, no matter how well the diguise. So, at this point in time, it wouldn't matter what ideas Lois gave him.

@Morgana: Yeah, Clark needed a smack on the head. Amy was so kind to do it;)

@Debbie: I'm glad I managed to convey that this Lois is different.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So late to the party with this chapter--but since you went on a vacation (which I hope was lovely? smile ), I'm not too far behind, I guess...

Yikes for Clark and all of the 'not knowing'. Not knowing how much Lex knows about him, not knowing just how possibly evil Lex is, not knowing how Lana died, but also, not knowing how for sure to help--to be able to make the difference that he KNOWS he could make with all of his abilities. Frustrating! But, like what Virginia and Morgana stated, I am really thankful for Amy Platt wink. Good to see Clark get the resolve he needed back.

After seeing an '11' posted as an end chapter, I was also wondering how the story would wrap up in so few more chapters. Thrilled (and agree completely) that we need to hear Lois' take on what's been going on in Metropolis dance clap hyper. More story!!!

A big fan of your work--can't wait for the next part...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/09/14 01:53 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you Laura, it was a lovely vacation indeed. My boyfriend and I went to the largest German island in the Baltic Sea and had eight days of sunshine. July and August were rather wet around here. frown Anyway, I'm back and will return with more of this story sometime tomorrow.

Glad you liked this chapter.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sounds like a fantastic get-away! And 'yah!' for great weather smile

As always, will be looking forward to the next part...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard