Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
As always, prior chapters and feedback threads are collected here, thanks to Mike M and LabRat. Chapter 50 will be posted Sunday morning.

I really appreciate your comments on earlier chapters! What do you think of this one?

Last edited by DebbieG; 08/29/14 08:14 PM. Reason: Faulty memory
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, no, The Lollipop Guild has moved to Gotham City to work for the Joker. peep

I'm sure that Emily and Caitlin were sure they were going to open the front door and see something resembling a movie set out of Dick Tracy (known for its primary colored sets, costumes, and wacky villains) or something out of a comic book.

Yes, moving to a new city is all about mixing the real and the surreal to find a happy medium that they can live with. Even the time-travel aspect has got to disorienting.

It's great that Emily isn't a Clark Kent / Superman expert like Kevin because then she'll make the faux pas that everyone else would, like not knowing that Ellen and Sam are Lois's parents, not Clark's (although, I have to say that was a biggy -- don't most people who aren't fans know the name of Superman's / Clark's folks?). I'm glad Sam and Ellen were kind and willing to help out Emily.

Laura is adorable. "Jordan Jordan" lol Gee, sis, know how to make an uncomfortable moment awkward. clap How old is Jordan again? Should Emily be keeping on eye on things there?

LOIS: She kidnapped my daughter; now she's after my son!

CLARK: She didn't kidnap Kara, Tempus did.

LOIS: Maybe they were in league together.

CLARK: [Linked Image] Lo-is! Get a grip!

LOIS: But he's my baby, Clark.

JORDAN: /zipping down the stairs/ Awww, Mom. [Linked Image] You know I can hear you, don't you? This is totally humiliating. I'm a teenager and we just went out for ice cream. Laura and Kara were *with* us.

Still no mention on whether Kara will get her powers back. Will we see her finally returning to middle school, standing up for herself against that bully, and making new friends? Only for more parts left? whinging

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ack! You’re right, I mixed up the Lollipop Guild and the Lullaby League! I changed the chapter title.

Sam and Ellen aren’t named except as “Kara’s grandparents” before they introduce themselves, so Emily isn’t sure which grandparents they are.

Jordan is 14 and Caitlin is 13.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like how you get across the feeling of, oh, things are mostly normal in the big city, and then all of a sudden, Emily realizes, they are Superman's houseguests. You captured the cognitive dissonance just right.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard