Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I'm rewatching the eps, and started mid-season two with the almost first date. goofy In any case... I'm watching And the Answer Is right now. Clark didn't wear gloves when he robbed the jewelry store! Don't they have Superman's prints on file from when he got arrested for the heat wave? (Since I started mid-season two, I didn't watch that one recently.) Now, why the heck didn't the police dust for prints and run them through the database?? (And why the heck wouldn't Clark wear gloves? wallbash)

My question is... has anyone written a fic to address this? devil

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
In 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards, Henderson makes the connection between Clark and Superman when Clark's fingerprints are found in Lois's apartment and match Superman's prints in the database.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Ah ha! Thanks, Annie! Leave it to Wendy to play with plot holes from the show. wink

I may or may not have something percolating of my own... Hmm....

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Superman broke the machine when he pressed his fingers on the form in MoSB, so they didn't get any clear prints. I've always thought that this was intentional, so they wouldn't have them on record. I'm sure they could easily lift Superman's fingerprints from one of his charitable appearances (off the key of the city, etc.) without his knowledge.

EDIT: It's also possible that Clark doesn't have fingerprints, at least like the kind human have, being that he's Kryptonian. It would explain why he's not wearing gloves when he robs the Mazik's because he knows he won't leave prints. It might be another reason that he's such a goodie-goodie two shoes, because he knows that this will be discovered should anyone ever take his fingerprints.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/28/14 06:06 PM. Reason: Added more stuff

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I'll have to rewatch MoSB eventually. goofy I'll bet that it was intentional. wink

And what an interesting theory about the lack of fingerprints!

Sara smile

Kerth
Kerth
Is there any canon regarding biological differences between Kryptonians and humans? (In L&C? In any other tv shows/movies/comics?)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Is there any canon regarding biological differences between Kryptonians and humans? (In L&C? In any other tv shows/movies/comics?)
In the novel 'The Death and Life of Superman', it describes Superman as having considerably more chromosomes than a human, to the point where the scientists are amazed that he looks so human.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Annie B.
In the novel 'The Death and Life of Superman', it describes Superman as having considerably more chromosomes than a human, to the point where the scientists are amazed that he looks so human.

Interesting, particularly in light of Clone-Clark on L&C. If a scientist was researching and experimenting on human cloning to the point of being able to create one, I suspect they'd have to start from scratch when the got a hold of Kryptonian DNA! laugh

As to the point of the fingerprints, I suspect we can all allow for any author's interpretation of the issue for the purposes of his/her story. Assuming he has fingerprints, Clark and Superman have both left them in a multitude of places. It would only take a motivated investigator to put the pieces together. It could certainly make for a good story! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard