Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Lois is getting her own Young Adult Novel, out in January!

Synoposis:
Lois Lane is starting a new life in Metropolis. An Army brat, Lois has lived all over--and seen all kinds of things. (Some of them defy explanation, like the near-disaster she witnessed in Kansas in the middle of one night.) But now her family is putting down roots in the big city, and Lois is determined to fit in. Stay quiet. Fly straight. As soon as she steps into her new high school, though, she can see it won't be that easy. A group known as the Warheads is making life miserable for another girl at school. They're messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool. Armed with her wit and her new snazzy job as a reporter, Lois has her sights set on solving this mystery. But sometimes it's all a bit much. Thank goodness for her maybe-more-than-a friend, a guy she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy .

You can order here!
http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Lois-Lane-Gwenda-Bond/dp/1630790052#

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This sounds interesting. The Amazon link says it's coming out in May 2015, though, probably to coincide with the new Batman/Superman film. If it works into a series, it could be a good way to bring new readers into the DC Universe... and gives hope to all fanfic writers... that DC might consider their work for publication. smile (pipe dreams are nice, aren't they?) Although, some of us live and write better in the 1994 world than in the present day. [Linked Image] I doubt I could write a modern day YA novel, being that I don't Twitter, game, or Facebook and don't understand the 2014 universe or current teen angst quite as well.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This sounds great! I would really love to read this version-- I think it's a difficult thing to adapt stories like superhero ones to modern day because in the 20 years since LnC, *so* much has changed. I really like this premise. Hope to check it out when I get the chance. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Things haven't changed that much. The technology is different, but the basic human issues are the same as they've ever been.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
The publisher just tweeted something in regards to the new novel.

Link to the tweet

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I got my copy of Fallout in the mail today (I pre-ordered it from Amazon). It looks good.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like the cover! smile
I don't know about you, but the premise of this novel reminds me of Homecoming by ShayneT...
I have to be honest: I'm not really tempted to get the book, when I can find so many great stories here... I often read fan fictions that are better of what you can find on the shelves of a bookshop (I wonder if professional writers have betas!).
Annie, I'll wait for you review to know if it's worth the purchase! wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I purchased it for Kindle and just finished reading it. Quite well done. A delight to read.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't had a chance to read my copy yet. My brother-in-law saw it and took it home to read. I just got it back from him yesterday. He liked it, though.

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard