Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is really a quick set-up for the final installment! Any comments? Thoughts? Rotten Tomatoes? peep

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
No Jor-El!!!razz

Seriously, it is a nice setup that was probably needed to keep the epilogue about the Father/Son meetup not exposing the "Boss". Jimmy gets two front page headlines in two days dance. His head might not fit in the elevator at the planet. If he had gotten the "Boss" exposé...

Nice work since I know you had not planned on putting this much into Clark's recovery/Luthor's disappearance wink so thanks for doing it. I know I appreciate it.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/25/14 09:39 PM. Reason: Can't spell/type

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This ending makes more sense the 3/3 ending with Jor-El did, as I felt we were left hanging. I'm glad you brought the story full circle to the main characters to explain what happened with everyone, especially Clark.

I love that Clark is as difficult and stubborn as a patient as Lois is. If they ever have children they are going to be twice as stubborn as their parents each are. I'm glad he's going through the charade of wearing the sling; it will help his dual persona.

Yea for Jimmy's career boost. He's not going to be anyone's lackey / researcher any longer with headlines like these. Good for him.

This does raise a couple of questions, though. Jimmy's dad as an NIA agent came out in S3, but I thought this story was set more S1-S2ish. I take it that the events from DWCiftC happened earlier. Or did I have a memory lapse and forgot this story takes place several years after Lois and Clark get married as opposed to months? Perry, Jimmy, Lois and Clark knowing that Jack Olsen is NIA makes sense since they were involved with the initial story, but why was Pete Ross, MD let into Jack's secret identity? Was Jack also let into Clark's? Does the NIA know Clark's secret too?

Still looking forward to the reunion between Jor-El and Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia,

Via PM Morgana and I were discussing(debating) the validity of Jor-El being alive and the planet Krypton not exploding and hence how did Kryptonite get to earth without Clark's ship to suck it along at light speed when she mentioned this being an alternate universe story and that timelines from the series don't have to match up with the story in an AU story.

As for the other questions, some may be explained by the above but the character Dr Pete Ross, his knowledge of Clark's secret, and his penchant for doing favors for his old Smallville buddy Clark showed up in Morgana's "Stranger in Our Midst" when Clark pulls him in to tend to Lois's bullet wound in the arm without reporting it to the authorities. Fortunately I just finished the past weekend so I did not have to dig and dig to figure out where I had seen this before. His and Clark's backstory is fleshed out a bit more in that story.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was great!

While I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to help beta this part, I am pleased that it leave me free to enjoy it for the first time here.

This is a nice wrap and I agree with Virginia in liking that Clark is a difficult patient.

I was a little surprised that Jor-El didn't make an appearance. However, I note that you closed this part TBC, so there still may be more to come.

Very nicely done. thumbsup
Bob

Last edited by bobbart; 08/26/14 01:10 AM.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful final part. The story feel more rounded and complete. Although ... still waiting for the Epilogue. [Linked Image]

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lions and tigers and comments ...oh my! smile1

Imagine seeing all these encouraging comments first thing in the morning!? Well gentle readers, I have to get to work, so I should be able to answer your questions soon.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great part, Morgana!

I'm looking forward to an Epilogue, with Clark meeting Jor-El...

wave

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike M

No Jor-El!!!razz

No worries Jor-El and Josca will be making an appearance soon enough.

As for the other questions, some may be explained by the above but the character Dr Pete Ross, his knowledge of Clark's secret, and his penchant for doing favors for his old Smallville buddy Clark showed up in Morgana's "Stranger in Our Midst" when Clark pulls him in to tend to Lois's bullet wound in the arm without reporting it to the authorities. Fortunately I just finished the past weekend so I did not have to dig and dig to figure out where I had seen this before. His and Clark's backstory is fleshed out a bit more in that story.

We have had a bit of fun debating this AU story. So much fun to play with the toys! But as always I put them back in the box, none the worst for wear.

Yes, Pete shows up quite a bit in my stories, he gets a brief mention in Cafe Americana and will play a bigger role in an upcoming fic. Who else could care for Clark's medical needs besides Dr. Klein and still keep the secret?

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a headline for Jimmy! Now he'll be respected as a reporter. clap

Clark must hate hospitals more than Lois does. I'm sure it's a nightmare for him. I bet he doesn't even sleep while he's in there. shock

Luthor's disappearance brought to light his real face. If his molecules are not pulverized through space there will be a jail waiting for him on Earth. devil

Now, where is the epilogue? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
VirginiaR

I love that Clark is as difficult and stubborn as a patient as Lois is. If they ever have children they are going to be twice as stubborn as their parents each are. I'm glad he's going through the charade of wearing the sling; it will help his dual persona.

Yea for Jimmy's career boost. He's not going to be anyone's lackey / researcher any longer with headlines like these. Good for him.

Clark is more afraid and unhappy being in the hospital, all those years of hearing about dissection from Jonathan had done their job. But he's cranky! grin A sling will make the situation more real and protect his secret.

I love first season Jimmy. He was a lot smarter and closer to Lois and Clark than the other one. I would like to think that after the Nightfall Asteroid story he improved enough to have his own byline. Besides with such good teachers as Lois, Clark, Perry and Cat whistle he had to learn something about writing a news story.

Again, this story takes place in an Alternative Universe. Anything can happened! Thanks for the feedback. thumbsup

Last edited by Morgana; 08/27/14 07:53 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bobbart

This was great!

While I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to help beta this part, I am pleased that it leave me free to enjoy it for the first time here.

This is a nice wrap and I agree with Virginia in liking that Clark is a difficult patient.

I was a little surprised that Jor-El didn't make an appearance. However, I note that you closed this part TBC, so there still may be more to come.

Very nicely done. thumbsup
Bob

Bob you are one of the best beta readers out there. I was anxious and determined to get this part on the boards by Monday. But if you have any suggestions, please let me know! hail

Never fear, Jor-El and Josca will be front and center in the epilogue. clap

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Katherine Kent

Wonderful final part. The story feel more rounded and complete. Although ... still waiting for the Epilogue.

Oh boy! hyper More pressure to finish this epilogue than the revamped ending of Countermeasures

Will try and get this posted soon!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney and Ultra Woman

Ladies, I hear your cries and aim to please, give me a few more days.

Clark is simply not a good patient! He fears hospitals the way I am afraid of the Dentist only more so. Thankfully Lois and company will keep him calm and quiet.

Thanks for sticking with me! grin

Last edited by Morgana; 08/28/14 07:31 PM.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana! Sorry this is a bit late blush
“Will you two lower your voices! Honey, you’re supposed to be recovering from a *gunshot* wound, not bellowing at Pete.”
ACTION HERO: It’s just a graze! See, I’d don’t even need a bandage. /plumps some mud onto the wound/

Nursing staff are *not* included.”
Maybe Lois could dress up as a Hot Nurse™ and give him a sponge bath?

The three men shared incredulous glances, but it was Clark, who mumbled from the depths of his blankets and put those thoughts into words. “Honey, isn’t that quite a leap …even for *your* intuition?”
Actually… Lex Luthor is alive and something bad happened to Clark. It’s actually pretty basic.

Additional arrests are anticipated.” Story continues A2
evil

TBC
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana! Sorry this is a bit late blush

As the saying goes, better late than never!

Actually… Lex Luthor is alive and something bad happened to Clark. It’s actually pretty basic.

Hmmm, funny you should mention Lex ....

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard