Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you liked it. Some of you have been after Clark to do this properly since the Hot Match date!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes! Yes! Yes! Awwwwww! /wipes away a tear/ How romantic! I'm so glad Clark didn't let any of the frustrating distractions actually distract him from his goal.

That man in the boat was a nasty git. A hole in his shoe? lol Oh, Clark!

I had forgotten that at the end of the previous part Lois had taken off to visit Lucy. You never mentioned where Lucy lived, so I was wondering why Lois was in Gotham. When you mentioned the stuffy greying man waiting in line (or was it behind the counter), I thought it might be Alfred or Nigel, and then wondered if Lois was in Gotham City to see Bruce Wayne. [Linked Image] Why else go to a city with millions of people in it, right?

clap Definitely my favorite part so far! So romantic. More please!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You still like your cliffhangers don't you??

Very good, very romantic(at least in their minds), very Lois and Clark. These kinds of scenes are what made me fall in love with the series and fanfic in the first place smile1 .

Next!!! Oh, that's right: Saturday razz

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
Beautiful. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

He needed a distraction from the pain, the loneliness. She’d been gone less than a day, but it felt like half his soul was missing.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] You should have warned us that this is a death fic! What happened. Lois looked so well. Was her recuperation just a last glimmer of hope before the dreaded 24 hour bug got her in the end?

WELLS: [Linked Image] I’m sure I’m on time…

Wandering aimlessly he found himself outside a particular shop he’d visited a few weeks ago.
Well…now that she’s no more, buying a ring won’t make it better. Maybe if he had bought a chastity ring *before*…

It set off thoughts of The Pact. He wondered about Lois’ statement of not focussing on the engagement. It felt like ‘one step backwards’.
And yet, they apparently also managed not only to get to third base but to actually do a home run.

In fact, if it was ‘one step backwards’ then they’d actually taken two, maybe three, steps forwards - of a different kind, and wasn’t that an overall ‘win’?
This depends. If they stood one step in away from the ravine, took one further step back and then three steps forward, well…

Lois arrived back in Metropolis late Monday afternoon.
jawdrop Did Wells pull some mumbo-jumbo? Did he originally replace Lois with a clone before Clark consummated with her and then the curse took the clone?
FATES: razz
Is it a new Lois from a different universe? Or, did they clone her and reimplant her soul into the clone?

constantly approaching the boarding desk only to be given a frosty look by the tall, stern, greying gentleman who was waiting patiently.
What’s Alfred doing at the airport? And why didn’t Clark take Lois back? And isn’t Gotham just across the bay? /points at early S3 eps/

“I guess even super-hearing shuts off when you’re fully engaged in work, Flyboy?” she whispered. He turned and shot up from his seat.
Got shocked, huh? I know the feeling when you’re in the zone and someone approaches you. Can stop your heart.

“Lois!” came as a growl from his throat.
He mad at her?

He took her hand and dragged her to the conference room.
Huh. Okay, horny, then.

. The door was barely shut behind them when she found herself pressed against it.
Oh yes. Horny, indeed.
FATES: evil

Clark’s hands were on her shoulders and his head was less than an inch from hers. “I missed you.” He reached up a hand and tenderly pushed a lock of hair behind her ear.
Or maybe not…
FATES: wallbash

As he pressed her against the door, the kiss, which had been sweet and gentle, turned hot and needy.
The doors opening into the conference room, right? Otherwise…
JIMMY: wave

Clark bought Lois a hotdog and they sat on a bench looking out over the lake while eating. Why am I finding it so hard? He rested his hand on his thigh and the box in his pocket poked at his wrist.
Because traditionally, a proposal happens in a romantic restaurant, not between hotdogs in the park. Maybe that’s the reason why Lois declined his first ring-offer?

And that was before you both knew that you felt the same way about each other.
Yeah, but earlier it was a contract between business partners. Now, her heart is on the line.

He turned to look at her. She was taking a bite of her hotdog.
Please tell me he didn’t put the ring onto the dog in the hot.

She glanced down at her hand and then casually tossed the last, small piece into the water.
shock Was that the end where he stuck the ring!

Fingering the box in his pocket he made a decision then and a weight left his shoulders.
Proposing to Mayson instead would lead to less trouble?

“Spend the day with me on Saturday, Lois,” asked Clark.
In a chapel?

“Let’s just say that there will be a ring involved.”
He taking her to Menken’s Gym? Or to some jelly-wrestling place?
RALPH: My idea!

“Clark!” she blinked. The lethargy infused in her muscles vanished and she suddenly felt full of energy.
Realized she’s still in her pre-coffee-state and Clark’s seeing her that way?

“Breakfast!” She opened the door the rest of the way and dived for the bag.
rotflol

“Looking where I was going! Is that what you were going to say?”

Clark held out his arm peacefully. “I just think you should calm down, sir.”

“If anyone needed to look, it was you. Four eyes.”
Oh boy. I first expected Clark going overboard and the ring finding its way into a fish, but now…Does that twerp realize that it’s not a good idea to anger a Kryptonian in the middle of a lake while standing on a flammable floatation device?

Lois watched in horror as Clark wobbled and then toppled over the side.
[Linked Image] The ring!

“Lois, I burnt a hole in the bottom of his shoe.”
Oh dear. Can you imagine what he’ll do when he finds Lois in bed with Call-Me-Daniel a couple of years down the road?

“Um, I guess that’s up to you Lois. You see ...” he coughed. “I, well ...”

“Lois!” came a shrill, high voice from behind. He whipped his head round to see Suzie running towards them.
rotflol

He looked up and let out a quick puff of air causing the tree branches to shake. Lois let go of his hands and laughed delightedly when the pink blossoms began raining down all around her.
[Linked Image]

“Lois Lane. Will you marry me?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
ZARA: Hello, Kal-El.

Was it as good as you hoped? Let me know.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwww. I love Clark. Sure wish he really existed. )-;

thanks!

rkn
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww--wonderful WAFFy goodness love clap...

Loving that Clark proposed, loving also the way he did it. In the park...Under a tree...A tree with beautiful blossoms, no less (great touch--awesome visual notworthy--and oh so romantic!).

Very much enjoyed this chapter...feeling Clark's jitters, Clark's anticipation, his excitement. And definitely some fun RomCom distractions along the way (that guy in the boat, though--how mean! cat).

And another cliffhanger smile...getting ready to wait it out till Saturday.

Can-Not-Wait!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally!

After burning a hole in a unpleasant man's shoe and interruption from a co-worker our favorite couple gets to seal the deal.

The flower petal shower was a great touch!

Only two more parts remain! sloppy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love it.

I can't recall whether this is taking place at the right time of year (May or so), but I envisioned a Kwanzan cherry tree as the proposal site. Is this what you had had in mind?

[Linked Image]

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yes! Yes! Yes! Awwwwww! /wipes away a tear/ How romantic! I'm so glad Clark didn't let any of the frustrating distractions actually distract him from his goal.
Nothing could distract him from his goal today. He was gonna propose no matter what!

That man in the boat was a nasty git. A hole in his shoe? lol Oh, Clark!
smile *giggles*

I had forgotten that at the end of the previous part Lois had taken off to visit Lucy. You never mentioned where Lucy lived, so I was wondering why Lois was in Gotham. When you mentioned the stuffy greying man waiting in line (or was it behind the counter), I thought it might be Alfred or Nigel, and then wondered if Lois was in Gotham City to see Bruce Wayne. [Linked Image] Why else go to a city with millions of people in it, right?
Yeah, Lucy is in Gotham. The man in was meant to be behind the counter, just a flight attendant. No-one special.

clap Definitely my favorite part so far! So romantic. More please!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mike M
You still like your cliffhangers don't you??
Oh I love my cliffhangers, but this really wasn't one. You all know what the answer's gonna be. I don't actually class this as a cliffhanger.

Very good, very romantic(at least in their minds), very Lois and Clark. These kinds of scenes are what made me fall in love with the series and fanfic in the first place smile1 .

Next!!! Oh, that's right: Saturday razz

Mike
Thank you. And ... it's Saturday!!!

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Beautiful. clap
Thank you. smile

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
He needed a distraction from the pain, the loneliness. She’d been gone less than a day, but it felt like half his soul was missing.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] You should have warned us that this is a death fic! What happened. Lois looked so well. Was her recuperation just a last glimmer of hope before the dreaded 24 hour bug got her in the end?

WELLS: [Linked Image] I’m sure I’m on time…
*sighs and shakes head*

Wandering aimlessly he found himself outside a particular shop he’d visited a few weeks ago.
Well…now that she’s no more, buying a ring won’t make it better. Maybe if he had bought a chastity ring *before*…
It didn't happen, Michael. No matter how much you've wanted it since the prologue, it didn't happen.

It set off thoughts of The Pact. He wondered about Lois’ statement of not focussing on the engagement. It felt like ‘one step backwards’.
And yet, they apparently also managed not only to get to third base but to actually do a home run.
See previous reply.

In fact, if it was ‘one step backwards’ then they’d actually taken two, maybe three, steps forwards - of a different kind, and wasn’t that an overall ‘win’?
This depends. If they stood one step in away from the ravine, took one further step back and then three steps forward, well…
Picky! I guess you are a glass half empty person.

constantly approaching the boarding desk only to be given a frosty look by the tall, stern, greying gentleman who was waiting patiently.
What’s Alfred doing at the airport? And why didn’t Clark take Lois back? And isn’t Gotham just across the bay? /points at early S3 eps/
Alfred? He was undercover. Don't ask any more. I'm not allowed to say.

Gotham is traditionally next to Metropolis (not counting towns, villages, small cities), but they can still be hundreds of miles apart too.

“Lois!” came as a growl from his throat.
He mad at her?
Nope! laugh

He took her hand and dragged her to the conference room.
Huh. Okay, horny, then.
Yep. laugh

As he pressed her against the door, the kiss, which had been sweet and gentle, turned hot and needy.
The doors opening into the conference room, right? Otherwise…
JIMMY: wave
Yes, the door opens into the conference room. And Lois is pushed against it. By a super strong man. No-one is getting in.

Clark bought Lois a hotdog and they sat on a bench looking out over the lake while eating. Why am I finding it so hard? He rested his hand on his thigh and the box in his pocket poked at his wrist.
Because traditionally, a proposal happens in a romantic restaurant, not between hotdogs in the park. Maybe that’s the reason why Lois declined his first ring-offer?
lol Nothing has been traditional about their relationship so far!!!

He turned to look at her. She was taking a bite of her hotdog.
Please tell me he didn’t put the ring onto the dog in the hot.
Okay. He didn't put the ring onto the dog in the hot.

She glanced down at her hand and then casually tossed the last, small piece into the water.
shock Was that the end where he stuck the ring!
wallbash I just told you that he didn't put the ring onto the dog in the hot.

Fingering the box in his pocket he made a decision then and a weight left his shoulders.
Proposing to Mayson instead would lead to less trouble?
LOIS: Oh no it wouldn't! mad

“Looking where I was going! Is that what you were going to say?”

Clark held out his arm peacefully. “I just think you should calm down, sir.”

“If anyone needed to look, it was you. Four eyes.”
Oh boy. I first expected Clark going overboard and the ring finding its way into a fish, but now…Does that twerp realize that it’s not a good idea to anger a Kryptonian in the middle of a lake while standing on a flammable floatation device?
lol No. The ring is safe. But the twerp ... isn't.

“Lois, I burnt a hole in the bottom of his shoe.”
Oh dear. Can you imagine what he’ll do when he finds Lois in bed with Call-Me-Daniel a couple of years down the road?
Hide all Dan's Hawaiian shirts?

“Um, I guess that’s up to you Lois. You see ...” he coughed. “I, well ...”

“Lois!” came a shrill, high voice from behind. He whipped his head round to see Suzie running towards them.
rotflol
FATE: But I'm still gonna win.

He looked up and let out a quick puff of air causing the tree branches to shake. Lois let go of his hands and laughed delightedly when the pink blossoms began raining down all around her.
[Linked Image]
It's been three days. Have you managed to pull yourself up of the floor yet, and reassemble your molecules out of that pile of goo?

“Lois Lane. Will you marry me?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
ZARA: Hello, Kal-El.
FATE: *punches Zara* (turns to Clark) Just ignore her. Carry on ...

Was it as good as you hoped? Let me know.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wave Michael
Thanks.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by rkn
Awwwww. I love Clark. Sure wish he really existed. )-;
So do I. (Don't tell my hubby I said that.)

Originally Posted by LMA
Awww--wonderful WAFFy goodness love clap...

Loving that Clark proposed, loving also the way he did it. In the park...Under a tree...A tree with beautiful blossoms, no less (great touch--awesome visual notworthy--and oh so romantic!).
Thanks. It needed to be romantic (but hopefully not cheesy).

Very much enjoyed this chapter...feeling Clark's jitters, Clark's anticipation, his excitement. And definitely some fun RomCom distractions along the way (that guy in the boat, though--how mean! cat).
Yeah. He was very nervous. And of course, the expected RomCom interruptions ... they were very necessary.

And another cliffhanger smile...getting ready to wait it out till Saturday.

Can-Not-Wait!
Laura
It's not a cliffhanger ... you know very well what the answer is going to be!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Finally!

After burning a hole in a unpleasant man's shoe and interruption from a co-worker our favorite couple gets to seal the deal.

The flower petal shower was a great touch!

Only two more parts remain! sloppy
Thanks. Actually, after tonight, only 1 more part (plus an epilogue smile ).

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love it.

I can't recall whether this is taking place at the right time of year (May or so), but I envisioned a Kwanzan cherry tree as the proposal site. Is this what you had had in mind?

[Linked Image]

Joy,
Lynn
It's never stated what time of year, but Lois had her birthday a few weeks ago. That's traditionally taken as September? I could be wrong there. Anyway, when this was written 2 years ago, the version of Lois had no 'stated' birthday so it can be any time of year you want.

But ... that's the kind of blossom I envisioned ... yes.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

*sighs and shakes head*
What!

It didn't happen, Michael. No matter how much you've wanted it since the prologue, it didn't happen.
[Linked Image] It’s like I’ve read a different story…
wink

Picky! I guess you are a glass half empty person.
Well…/points at Game of Thrones books/ It’s not *my* fault!

Alfred? He was undercover. Don't ask any more. I'm not allowed to say.
laugh

Yes, the door opens into the conference room. And Lois is pushed against it. By a super strong man. No-one is getting in.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Okay. He didn't put the ring onto the dog in the hot.
But I didn’t *know* that!

I just told you that he didn't put the ring onto the dog in the hot.
/see above/

LOIS: Oh no it wouldn't! <does not share well>
Bit possessive, much, Lois?

Thus ruining his game with ‘em ladies?

It's been three days. Have you managed to pull yourself up of the floor yet, and reassemble your molecules out of that pile of goo?
[Linked Image]

[…]
Fate’s not playing fair, huh?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
*sighs and shakes head*
What!
Nothing. whistle

[Linked Image] It’s like I’ve read a different story…
wink
lol I think maybe you did!

LOIS: Oh no it wouldn't! <does not share well>
Bit possessive, much, Lois?
Well, this is Clark 'Superman' Kent. Wouldn't you be possessive? I know I am.

Thus ruining his game with ‘em ladies?
Oh, yeah. Cause it's the hawaiian shirts that attract all the ladies to him. *nods*

[…]
Fate’s not playing fair, huh?

wave Michael
Fate never plays fair.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Well, this is Clark 'Superman' Kent. Wouldn't you be possessive? I know I am.
Well…actually…

Oh, yeah. Cause it's the hawaiian shirts that attract all the ladies to him. *nods*
See? He’s so the 80s beach boy.

Fate never plays fair.
/sends Fate into corner and hopes this won’t come back with a haunting/

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard