Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So I guess it's Lois or the whole world...

Kerth
Kerth
Loved it...always nice to have proof that you're from the future and not just a crazy person. wink Loved the movie selfie!!! So adorable!!!

Hey, Lois...listen more carefully...Clark's trying to tell you something important, too.

But, wait...Clark, come back! Stay with Lois while you let the news settle in. Don't leave! Cruel, cruel cliffhanger! I'm supposed to just sit here, waiting impatiently for him to decide what he thinks about all of this?! dizzy Dang it!!!

Get back here! wildguy wildguy wildguy

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Things could go wrong no matter which way they choose to go. If Clark radically changes history, Lois might never be born! Perhaps the mysterious stranger who gifted Lois a wardrobe will appear again to help them make the right choice?

I’m really enjoying this story. More, please!

Top Banana
Top Banana
From your first entry in your first FDK for the story:
I'm sure you can all figure out which Christopher Reeve movie inspired this. It's certainly not going to be an exact crossover...Anyway, let me know what you think?

Should I continue? Leave it as a vignette?

I just can't believe you even THOUGHT about not finishing this wonderful story.

Also to re-iterate what Debbie said. Since Lois is part of the Baby Boomer group, that group existed mostly due to their dads going off to WWII, coming home, getting married, and wanting to make up for some of the time they lost during that conflict. Clark stops WWI, then the setup for WWII does not exist (Germany in ruins leaving the opening for Hitler), her world is radically changed, Sam and Ellen probably don't meet, and she does not exist. Then we get into the time loop thing because if she does not exist, she does not jump back in time, she does not warn Clark, Clark goes into the Hotel fire and loops back and is not there to stop WWI. Well you get the picture. I suspect one Mr Wells makes an appearance shortly...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Now that Clark knows a fire will happen they can answer whether time can be changed or not. If the fire starts even though he's on his guard they'll know.

Assuming Clark goes forward I'm also wondering when he leaves the time stream. If he exits before Lois makes to her time he may be around to live through the technological revolution. It might explain Lois's earlier rescues as well.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! hyper Lois tells him her deep dark secret. I love how calmly Clark accepts Lois's admission that she's from the future. If only it was easy to prove one's otherwise crazy assertions are true by use of a simple iPhone app. clap I think you've created the perfect iPhone commercial. Following Lois into the future to see more of such technology must also interest Clark.

LOIS: [Linked Image] I'm actually from the future. See, here is my iPhone.

CLARK: Very interesting. /checks out iPhone/ I believe you. Now, I can tell you my secret. I'm actually from a shooting star.

LOIS: [Linked Image] You're nuts!

CLARK: huh No, I'm from outer space. /hovers off the ground/ What do nuts have to do with it?

Originally Posted by Mike M
Since Lois is part of the Baby Boomer group, that group existed mostly due to their dads going off to WWII, coming home, getting married, and wanting to make up for some of the time they lost during that conflict. Clark stops WWI, then the setup for WWII does not exist (Germany in ruins leaving the opening for Hitler), her world is radically changed, Sam and Ellen probably don't meet, and she does not exist. Then we get into the time loop thing because if she does not exist, she does not jump back in time, she does not warn Clark, Clark goes into the Hotel fire and loops back and is not there to stop WWI. Well you get the picture. I suspect one Mr Wells makes an appearance shortly...
Sorry, Mike, while all your other conclusions about the repercussions of Clark changing the future may be true, I must dispute your reasoning that Lois is a "baby boomer". Her parents are baby boomers, children born during or shortly after WWII. Lois comes from the next generation (unless Shayne had her born even later than 1966). Her father is more likely a Korean or Vietnam War vet, unless he was in his 40s when she was born.

You do make a good point though, would Clark chance losing Lois completely and creating a time paradox just to try to stop WW-I? I'm sure this possibility will occur to him while he spends all night debating this.

Either he will see Lois safely into the time portal and be left behind and wait the 100 years (or 80 years to 1993) until he can meet up with her again (while keeping tabs on her and making sure she'll survive). *Or* he'll also end up in a time portal, but somehow learn to manipulate it's use or predict its occurence so he can travel through time, visiting the different eras and learning about its history and technology before leaping forward with the next portal.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia,

You are correct. Somehow I think of Teri and Dean as from the tail end of my generation (the Boomers) and they are a bit younger than that.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gosh, what a dilemma! Go with Lois and be happy - or prevent the twentieth-century horrors from happening - and erase Lois. Great drama.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard