Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you missed a prior chapter, or need to go back and check on something, all the posted chapters and feedback threads are collected in a handy TOC, thanks to the kind efforts of Mike M and LabRat. Chapter 49 will be posted Friday morning.

Thank you for the comments you’ve left on earlier chapters! What do you think of this one?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, this one is hysterical. I can just hear Lane Davies saying the Tempus lines.

“Caitlin!” warned the woman. “It’s radioactive!”

Tempus rolled his eyes. “It can’t hurt you. It’s completely harmless to humans. And—”

He did not get a chance to finish, as Caitlin hurled the Kryptonite with deadly accuracy. It bounced off his head and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. Wells moved quickly to retrieve the gun.

Lois managed a smirk. “God, I love irony.” The corners of Clark’s mouth might have curled up slightly through his grimace.

and

“So let me get this straight — I was supposed to explode?” asked Dad.

“All the energy you absorb from the sun should have been released instantly. You should have gone up like an H-bomb.” Tempus scowled, then winced and adjusted the ice bag on his head. “I don’t know what went wrong. It worked fine with the rats!”

“‘Rats’?” echoed Mom.

“I caught the rat that Luthor groupie gave superpowers, and used it to experiment on ways to get rid of you two.”

“Do you mean Gretchen Kelly? That was nearly twenty years ago!”

Tempus rolled his eyes then winced again. “Hello? Time machine?”

and of course

“I’m hungry too,” admitted Caitlin. “Hey, is this a pizza? How old is it?” She wrinkled her nose. “It hasn’t been here, like, a week, has it?”

“It’s quite fresh,” said Mr. Wells as he pressed a button on the gadget. “It may want heating up, however.”

“Hey, wait a minute!” protested Tempus. “That’s my pizza!”

“Not anymore,” observed Mom as she opened the box. “Oh, only one slice is gone. There’s enough for all of us.”

“That’s my pizza!” complained Tempus one last time, as he and Mr. Wells disappeared in a flash of light.

Absolutely loved it!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, in other words, the Jordan's dimension isn't one for Resplendent man or possibly Ultra Woman or Kara's siblings, only full powered Kryptonians. Good to know.

Kara's powers are gone! I wonder if they will return slowly or quickly, like Clark's.

Mike, you missed one of my favorite Tempus lines:
“Why thank you, Herb,” replied Tempus. “Coming from you that means a lot. A little involved, I admit, but very final. Lois and Clark just took a one-way trip to oblivion.”

Just then, something in Tempus’s pocket began to beep, and a similar beeping noise grew from behind the wall hiding the secret room.

Tempus frowned and pulled a small device from his pocket; a light on it flashed in time with the beeping. “Or not,” he admitted.
I love Tempus. He's always so amazed when his plans don't work. clap

I won't quote it again, because Mike did above, but I guess it's a good thing Catlin's into softball. She's earned her keep in this dimension.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Yes, it’s a good thing Tempus is pretty incompetent and his plots are overly complex. He has too much of a sense of drama and too big an ego. Kryptonite and a gun would be so much simpler!

It would be safe for the rats now. The rats didn’t have Kryptonian organelles that could cause subspace to transition from a chaotic to an ordered state; Kara does.

Also, if Kara hadn’t been exposed to Kryptonite, she would have suffered the same fate as the rats. Or if Clark had arrived before Kara and Tempus. It’s only because Kara arrived drained of energy (due to Kryptonite) that Tempus’s trap failed. Tempus thought she was just bait, but by depositing her there unharmed, he allowed her organelles to deal with the problem, making that universe permanently safe.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It’s only because Kara arrived drained of energy (due to Kryptonite) that Tempus’s trap failed. Tempus thought she was just bait, but by depositing her there unharmed, he allowed her organelles to deal with the problem, making that universe permanently safe.

Aha! Problem solved! I love it when a plan comes together (or when a multi-chapter plot thread comes together.) laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard