Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A long time ago in a chapter far, far away… what happened? I can’t remember! No worries: thanks to MikeM and LabRat, there’s a complete TOC, listing all the chapters and feedback threads.

Chapter 48 will be posted Tuesday morning. We’re getting close to the end now.

Thank you for all the comments and feedback so far! What do you think of this chapter?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Those government people are B-39 scarey. Do they really think that Lois and Clark (let alone Kara, Caitlin, and Emily) would stay in America after essentially been dimension-nabbed by the US government? They might be thinking how cool it would be to have a superhero, and how nice Superman is, but they haven't thought this through. They'd be cutting him off from his family, his other two children, that can't make him or Lois happy campers who would say 'oh, well, I guess we'll just live and work here, now'. [Linked Image] Didn't they think what could happen if Superman (or the world) turned against them for this deed?

Yea for Kevin being a lunkhead! (Or this dimension's resident Jimmy Olsen). I'm surprised he didn't realize that he was removing something from Lois and Clark's time machine when he went to get his mom's sewing machine. It must not have been attached very well. I hope nothing bad happens to the Tongs because of their friendship with the Kents.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How do you control someone who is super?

Apparently, the genius who thought up this idea did not see it all the way through.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments!

I’m not so sure Lois and Clark would leave, even if they were very unhappy with what happened. The U.S. has enormous influence throughout the world, so I don’t think it would do them much good to move unless they went somewhere like Russia or China, and they’d probably be even worse off there.

Plus, I’m pretty sure the government would be saying this was unauthorized and they’d track down whoever did it and punish them. Someone would then take the fall as a scapegoat and go to prison. And they’d say we’ll help you try to get home (like we have any idea how to do that) and we’ll take good care of you while you’re here (which we hope is forever).

I think Lois and Clark would know it was all smoke but I don’t know what they could do about it. They’d have to just work hard to change things for the better, like they always do, and hope H. G. Wells came looking for them.

I’m glad I didn’t write that story… eek thud

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
(Responding to hank1469, who commented in reply to the story post)

I guess my California roots are showing! Water heaters go in garages here.

Milford is in Delaware, which is a little more temperate than Connecticut. Does anyone know where water heaters go in that climate?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Debbie,

I am *thoroughly* enjoying your story!

Milford is in Delaware, which is a little more temperate than Connecticut. Does anyone know where water heaters go in that climate?

As someone who has lived in Delaware since before the millennium turned, I consider myself qualified to answer your question. smile

I'm in northern Delaware, which is *slightly* cooler than Milford. Up here, water heaters definitely would not go in a garage. Our winters vary considerably from year to year. Some winters we rarely have more than a few inches of snow accumulate in the cold months; other years (such as the past two), we will get several feet of snow and have sub-zero weather. This past winter was harsh enough to remind me of my childhood winters in upstate New York. No one around here would even think to put a water heater in a garage. Even if pipes didn't burst, having the unit exposed to the cold weather would result in a horrendous waste of energy.

My water heater is in my laundry room.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., If you ever decide to write a sequel to this story, or otherwise have need of local knowledge of Delaware, please feel free to ask. (That offer also applies for anyone reading this.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard