Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comment away please. smile

I've made it on holiday and am now safely in Wales, looking after a beautiful house, two cats and lots of ducks and ducklings for a friend. Had a little trouble getting the laptop to connect to the wireless, even though nothing has changed since last year! But it's all sorted now.

Next update will be Wed.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love this semi-Seinfeldish part. "Seinfeldish" because nothing much happens, but only "semi-" because, unlike that show, it was wonderfully WAFFy.

Incidentally, I like Lois' change in nickname for Clark.

Enjoy your holiday, and a double thanks for keeping your posting schedule during your time off.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, dear. I see some trouble in paradise. I guess Lynn is more of a glass half-full person than I am.
She grinned and turned away, striding towards the conference room door. “Sure, but I get to choose. You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
Instead of accepting that Clark is Clark who sometimes dresses up and acts like Superman, she's started thinking that Clark is more of an act than Superman is. He better set her straight and soon.

Clark Kent can't be romantic and buy her flowers because someone might associate him with Superman? dizzy (Clearly, *she* isn't ready to tell people. She's also forgotten that her co-workers are just as trained reporters as she and Clark are and knew about their relationship long before Lois and Clark did.)

“Lois, you sound almost jealous,” Clark teased.

She took a shocked breath then frowned at herself. “Well, maybe I am ... a little. I mean all the world gets to see you in your underwear ...” Clark raised his eyebrows ... “but that’s not actually the point here. We can’t risk anyone gradually changing their perception of you as it could lead them down a dark and dangerous alleyway ... for you.”
[Linked Image] Oh, Lois! The only people who get to see Clark in his underwear are a) himself, b) his folks (only on a rare occasion and probably not for many years), and now possibly c) you (if you play your cards right).

Clark Kent was angry at bad movie hero stereotypes? dizzy

Lois and Clark need to get to know each other a lot better before their engagement can become official. I'm hopeful that she thinks of their relationship as "it", but since she seems to not know him any more than she knew Superman, they still have a while to go.

Should I let him ‘get’ me? she pondered as she felt his hands slide up her back. Is it too fast? Or have we been waiting for eight years?
How could they've been waiting 8 years when they've only started dating? [Linked Image] This was like their, what?, second date? I know this will never happen, but Lois needs to start following Clark's lead on this. He seems to know more what they need than she does.

Can't wait to see the next catastrophe that you'll bring up in the next part. Will Clark Kent open his eyes and see that Lois still doesn't see the real him?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Yes, Virginia, I am definitely a glass-half-full person; I need such an attitude to raise a son with multiple severe disabilities and not sink into a deep depression.

I had noticed the things you are pointing out, but given that there are only three more parts to the story and given that this is a RomCom, I figure that these are just, as Victoria herself put it, bumps and not mountains to be overcome. Now, if you were the author and if I knew that there were 50 more parts of the story left, I could see easily see Lois and Clark breaking up (at least for a time) because of her misconceptions. As it is, I just foresee a serious discussion ahead of them -- probably ending with some serious WAFF and possibly interspersed with a pinch of levity.

I guess we'll know more on Wednesday.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love this semi-Seinfeldish part. "Seinfeldish" because nothing much happens, but only "semi-" because, unlike that show, it was wonderfully WAFFy.
Thanks. smile Yeah not much happened, but it was supposed to be WAFFy because they are 'being in love'.

Incidentally, I like Lois' change in nickname for Clark.
Good grin

Enjoy your holiday, and a double thanks for keeping your posting schedule during your time off.

Joy,
Lynn
I've got to keep myself occupied on holiday somehow!!!! I'm still not fully/easily mobile, so it's a 'rest' holiday and I'm just sitting here with not much to do.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, dear. I see some trouble in paradise. I guess Lynn is more of a glass half-full person than I am.
No! Be positive, be positive.

She grinned and turned away, striding towards the conference room door. “Sure, but I get to choose. You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
Instead of accepting that Clark is Clark who sometimes dresses up and acts like Superman, she's started thinking that Clark is more of an act than Superman is. He better set her straight and soon.
He does, he will. They had a laugh about this immediately.

Clark Kent can't be romantic and buy her flowers because someone might associate him with Superman? dizzy (Clearly, *she* isn't ready to tell people. She's also forgotten that her co-workers are just as trained reporters as she and Clark are and knew about their relationship long before Lois and Clark did.)
lol Lois hasn't quite got it, but Clark DID tell her that he only makes 'slight' adjustments as Clark straight after this.

She took a shocked breath then frowned at herself. “Well, maybe I am ... a little. I mean all the world gets to see you in your underwear ...” Clark raised his eyebrows ... “but that’s not actually the point here. We can’t risk anyone gradually changing their perception of you as it could lead them down a dark and dangerous alleyway ... for you.”
[Linked Image] Oh, Lois! The only people who get to see Clark in his underwear are a) himself, b) his folks (only on a rare occasion and probably not for many years), and now possibly c) you (if you play your cards right).
She was referring to his underwear on the outside, when the whole world sees him, plus the rest of the skin tight suit gives the impression of only wearing underwear!

Clark Kent was angry at bad movie hero stereotypes? dizzy
No, not angry, just disappointing and amused.

Lois and Clark need to get to know each other a lot better before their engagement can become official. I'm hopeful that she thinks of their relationship as "it", but since she seems to not know him any more than she knew Superman, they still have a while to go.
Don't worry so much. She does know him, very well, she just hasn't merged the two halves yet, she's only known for about three hours, and she's currently testing the water as to what is 'Clark Kent-ing' and what isn't.

Should I let him ‘get’ me? she pondered as she felt his hands slide up her back. Is it too fast? Or have we been waiting for eight years?
How could they've been waiting 8 years when they've only started dating? [Linked Image] This was like their, what?, second date? I know this will never happen, but Lois needs to start following Clark's lead on this. He seems to know more what they need than she does.
She's looking back over their whole friendship, now, and wondering if they haven't - kind of - been dating all along, and so that means they've been waiting for 'intimacy' for 8 years. She's considering whether they've been dating for a week, or for 8 years.

Can't wait to see the next catastrophe that you'll bring up in the next part. Will Clark Kent open his eyes and see that Lois still doesn't see the real him?
As with all relationship that move from friendship to romantic there is a time where you get to know each other as you haven't before, but I'm not going into this, and you can presume that it won't take too long for Lois to come to terms with this new 'Clark Kent'.

Yes, Virginia, I am definitely a glass-half-full person; I need such an attitude to raise a son with multiple severe disabilities and not sink into a deep depression.
I'm a glass half-full too, my hubby is half-empty. The amount of times I've argued with him that a positive outlook on life is more productive, and he argues back that I'll always be disappointed in life. I'm never disappointed when things don't go as well as I expected - CAUSE I HAVE A POSITIVE VIEW OF LIFE! He just can't get that!

I had noticed the things you are pointing out, but given that there are only three more parts to the story and given that this is a RomCom, I figure that these are just, as Victoria herself put it, bumps and not mountains to be overcome.
Yep. Just an amusing bump, and she adjusts pretty soon (in off-screen).

Now, if you were the author and if I knew that there were 50 more parts of the story left, I could see easily see Lois and Clark breaking up (at least for a time) because of her misconceptions.
cat at the thought of Virgina tackling this! 18 parts is enough for me!

As it is, I just foresee a serious discussion ahead of them -- probably ending with some serious WAFF and possibly interspersed with a pinch of levity.
Very little seriousness to come. More comedy and lightness and WAFF, with a pinch seriousness because there are some important questions to come. whistle

I guess we'll know more on Wednesday.

Joy,
Lynn
Yup, Wednesday.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Apparently to ‘enjoy being in love’ Clark had to take Lois to the park ... and the fairground ... and ice skating … and the movie theatre. He pointed out that there was an International circus and fairground booked into Centennial Park at the weekend.
Let me guess, Lois would have preferred to go play paint ball or any other activity that subsequently requires getting cleaned up in a joint shower back home?

“Oh, but I can’t this weekend Clark, I’m visiting Lucy.” Lois suddenly blurted out.
U-huh…

“So, how about a movie on Friday evening then instead?”
LOIS: Umm…I have…a…meeting. With a source. Yes. A meeting with a source!

You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
No, he really is a dorky sop laugh

Clark frowned at her and took a step backward.
hyper Their first fight as a couple. Will they then kiss and ‘make up’?

“Oh, gosh. I’m sorry. Is that bit not an act.” Now she looked distraught. “Oh, no. This is terrible.” She turned away and began to stride around. “I can’t believe it. Lois Lane strikes again.” She hung her head in her hands. “Clark, please forgive ...”
And now their relationship is over.
[Linked Image]
Clark & Lois: What do you mean ‘a fight doesn’t equal a break up’?

“Clark Kent, you are so mean. I never thought Superman could be mean.
CROOK: You should have seen Superman when he caught me with my hands on the baby’s lollypop.

“Lois, I need to, uh ...” She saw him looking very uncomfortable and she stood up with a query evident on her face.
He has eaten something that didn’t go down well and now needs to visit the little superhero’s room?

Looking back on them, complete with full knowledge, she now saw things in a different light.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Sliding the chain between her fingertips she felt the weight of the heart tugging a little.
clap

his altercation with an angry, supercharged villain, whose slightly purple skin had been disturbing.
Oh boy. Tez?

“Thank you, miss. They are beautiful.” He smiled genuinely as he leapt into the sky clutching the bouquet.
LOIS: So…let me get this straight. You got those flowers from the floor after you damaged some marketplace stand and didn’t want them to go to waste?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: I see… Well, *next* time, damage a Fudge Castle instead!

“No. Nobody knows we are … you know. And your image. Clark. You can’t be seen to be a romantic, wonderful boyfriend. It’s too good, too perfect. You can’t do that.”
laugh All the other women at the office would start to want some Clark themselves?

“If they start to see you as romantic then they may move on to sexy, then wonderful, then ...”

See?

[Linked Image]

We can’t risk anyone gradually changing their perception of you as it could lead them down a dark and dangerous alleyway ... for you.”
Yes, but nobody would think Superman as a romantic.
FLOWER GIRL: He took all the discarded roses [Linked Image]

But Clark found out he had a new Superpower – super-discipline – and he hated it.
I’m sure red Kryptonite could take care of that.

The stories were unexpected, they were emotional and passionate, they called out to the heart, and they made great front page headlines.
Like…female reporter got mugged but saved by her partner leading them to fall in love?

She had no doubts.

This was IT.
Oh boy. Maybe someone should suggest that Clark must have had plenty of ‘experience’ in his bachelor days and how could she possibly measure up?

Clark wondered how he should deal with the ‘goodnight’ at the door.
[Linked Image] How about with a goodmorning-kiss?

“I was holding on to your hand
She’d get him through this. Together they could weather this movie. It’s not *that* bad. They *will* survive!

[Linked Image]

“Miss you too, Flyboy,” she squeaked out quietly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, apparently not.
LOIS: cat wallbash

[X] Saturday
[X] Sunday
[_] Monday
[_] Tuesday
[_] Wednesday

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Now, if you were the author and if I knew that there were 50 more parts of the story left, I could see easily see Lois and Clark breaking up (at least for a time) because of her misconceptions.
Hey! peep I'd get bored writing a story without angst or twists. I'm sure can keep Lois and Clark blissfully in love without any relationship angsty hiccups, but I'd probably have to have one of them kidnapped or get amnesia in the process. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Anyway, back to this story and author, Lois has a tendency of not listening to what Clark's saying (or misunderstanding it) and KK has a reputation (cough, cough "Doodles") of twists, and saying one thing to throw us readers off the scent of her plots, so you never know where either of them might go! I stand on my glass half-empty prediction for future cliffhangers in this story. (Don't worry, I won't hold it against you, KK, if I turn out to be wrong.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Apparently to ‘enjoy being in love’ Clark had to take Lois to the park ... and the fairground ... and ice skating … and the movie theatre. He pointed out that there was an International circus and fairground booked into Centennial Park at the weekend.
Let me guess, Lois would have preferred to go play paint ball or any other activity that subsequently requires getting cleaned up in a joint shower back home?
shock

“So, how about a movie on Friday evening then instead?”
LOIS: Umm…I have…a…meeting. With a source. Yes. A meeting with a source!
Nope. No source is gonna interrupt this.

You’d probably pick some foreign artsy film or a boring ...Oh!” She put her hand up to cover her open mouth and turned back round. “I’m sorry Clark, that’s probably all part of your act!” She looked mortified.
No, he really is a dorky sop laugh
lol Well, Lois has not quite figured out which is Clark and which is Clark Kent-ing.

Clark frowned at her and took a step backward.
hyper Their first fight as a couple. Will they then kiss and ‘make up’?
Kissing - yes. Fight - No. Just a little amusement.

“Oh, gosh. I’m sorry. Is that bit not an act.” Now she looked distraught. “Oh, no. This is terrible.” She turned away and began to stride around. “I can’t believe it. Lois Lane strikes again.” She hung her head in her hands. “Clark, please forgive ...”
And now their relationship is over.
[Linked Image]
Clark & Lois: What do you mean ‘a fight doesn’t equal a break up’?
It's all just teasing!

“Clark Kent, you are so mean. I never thought Superman could be mean.
CROOK: You should have seen Superman when he caught me with my hands on the baby’s lollypop.
SUPERMAN: They are the worst crooks. I've made it my life's work to protect all lollypops.

“Lois, I need to, uh ...” She saw him looking very uncomfortable and she stood up with a query evident on her face.
He has eaten something that didn’t go down well and now needs to visit the little superhero’s room?
rotflol

his altercation with an angry, supercharged villain, whose slightly purple skin had been disturbing.
Oh boy. Tez?
lol Actually it was supposed to be the Parasite.

“Thank you, miss. They are beautiful.” He smiled genuinely as he leapt into the sky clutching the bouquet.
LOIS: So…let me get this straight. You got those flowers from the floor after you damaged some marketplace stand and didn’t want them to go to waste?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: I see… Well, *next* time, damage a Fudge Castle instead!
rotflol

“No. Nobody knows we are … you know. And your image. Clark. You can’t be seen to be a romantic, wonderful boyfriend. It’s too good, too perfect. You can’t do that.”
laugh All the other women at the office would start to want some Clark themselves?
LOIS: Yes! They would. *huffs*

But Clark found out he had a new Superpower – super-discipline – and he hated it.
I’m sure red Kryptonite could take care of that.
LOIS: Red, what is this red kryptonite? Will it make Superman unable to resist me?

She had no doubts.

This was IT.
Oh boy. Maybe someone should suggest that Clark must have had plenty of ‘experience’ in his bachelor days and how could she possibly measure up?
Huh! You want her to get worried and bolt?

Clark wondered how he should deal with the ‘goodnight’ at the door.
[Linked Image] How about with a goodmorning-kiss?
Mmmmmmmm. Sounds good.

[Linked Image]
MICHAEL: Eight years. Choose eight years.

“Miss you too, Flyboy,” she squeaked out quietly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, apparently not.
LOIS: cat wallbash
Nope, sorry.

[X] Saturday
[X] Sunday
[_] Monday
[_] Tuesday
[_] Wednesday

[Linked Image]

wave Michael
Um, it's Monday now. Getting closer. Okay?

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Hey! peep I'd get bored writing a story without angst or twists.
We know!!!!!

I'm sure can keep Lois and Clark blissfully in love without any relationship angsty hiccups, but I'd probably have to have one of them kidnapped or get amnesia in the process. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Really? Amnesia? *sighs*

Anyway, back to this story and author, Lois has a tendency of not listening to what Clark's saying (or misunderstanding it) and KK has a reputation (cough, cough "Doodles") of twists, and saying one thing to throw us readers off the scent of her plots, so you never know where either of them might go! I stand on my glass half-empty prediction for future cliffhangers in this story. (Don't worry, I won't hold it against you, KK, if I turn out to be wrong.)
Doodles? What was wrong with Doodles? *pretends to look upset*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

/W is shocked by such brazen ideas/
What? angel-devil

Actually it was supposed to be the Parasite.
Only knows about comics what’s been said on these boards here. blush

LOIS: Red, what is this red kryptonite? Will it make Superman unable to resist me?
laugh Sort of. Also… /recommends Falling Slowly by Carol M/

[Linked Image] It makes for fun angst. And about a hundred more parts?

[Linked Image]

[X] Saturday
[X] Sunday
[X] Monday
[_] Tuesday
[_] Wednesday

Kinda. Not really… [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, KK clap....

I was really looking forward to this chapter--seeing them in love, seeing them 'together'. Lots of wonderful WAFF (as you've probably guessed, I really love the WAFF wink ).

I very much enjoy that 'newness' in the relationship--even though they have been such close friends for so many years. Understanding each other, adjusting to each other, showing how they care for each other...changing from best friends to a couple is an adjustment, but the added layers of Superman, of them together working daily side by side--it is a very unique situation. A situation with some ups, some downs. And I really love how you are handling the ride smile.

“And the sound effects. I mean, if anyone knows what a real hero/villain fist fight is like it’s you.” She stopped outside her apartment door and turned to face him. “You must have been holding in your anger, or your laughter, in frustration.”

“No!” he spoke quietly. Looking deep into her eyes he felt a change in his mood, deep within his soul. “I was holding on to your hand ... in anticipation.”

Loved this! dance. Again, falling for each other--it's such a beautiful dance. You are capturing it wonderfully smile

Great part!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Actually it was supposed to be the Parasite.
Only knows about comics what’s been said on these boards here. blush
Ahh, you're not a comic buff, then. Doesn't matter. It's not important to the story, just a little detail to round out the world that this takes place in.

laugh Sort of. Also… /recommends Falling Slowly by Carol M/
Have done. Twice. smile

[Linked Image] It makes for fun angst. And about a hundred more parts?
I am NOT writing a hundred more parts!!!!

[Linked Image]
Thought so.

[X] Saturday
[X] Sunday
[X] Monday
[_] Tuesday
[_] Wednesday

Kinda. Not really… [Linked Image]
Then you won't be happy that it's not yet ... oh it is. It's Wednesday. grin

Originally Posted by LMA
Great part, KK clap....

I was really looking forward to this chapter--seeing them in love, seeing them 'together'. Lots of wonderful WAFF (as you've probably guessed, I really love the WAFF wink ).
So do I.

I very much enjoy that 'newness' in the relationship--even though they have been such close friends for so many years. Understanding each other, adjusting to each other, showing how they care for each other...changing from best friends to a couple is an adjustment, but the added layers of Superman, of them together working daily side by side--it is a very unique situation. A situation with some ups, some downs. And I really love how you are handling the ride smile.
Thanks!

“And the sound effects. I mean, if anyone knows what a real hero/villain fist fight is like it’s you.” She stopped outside her apartment door and turned to face him. “You must have been holding in your anger, or your laughter, in frustration.”

“No!” he spoke quietly. Looking deep into her eyes he felt a change in his mood, deep within his soul. “I was holding on to your hand ... in anticipation.”

Loved this! dance. Again, falling for each other--it's such a beautiful dance. You are capturing it wonderfully smile
Thank you. It was difficult to live up to the title I gave this chapter. I didn't know if I'd portray this section well or not.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois, it doesn't take a ceiling to fall on your heard o know you are in love with Clark.

Great, sweet romantic part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Lois, it doesn't take a ceiling to fall on your heard o know you are in love with Clark.

Great, sweet romantic part!

Nope just takes a ceiling falling on your head to make you realise you need to TELL Clark that you are in love with him. smile

Thanks.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard