Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
There have been a lot of chapters. If you missed one, or need to review something (it might be on the test!), Mike M and LabRat have assembled a very helpful TOC that collects all the chapters and feedback posts.

Chapter 47 will be posted Sunday morning. Only seven more to go!

I really appreciate every comment! I’d love to know what you think of this chapter. I was very tempted to call it “Scientific Progress Fails to Go ‘Boink’.” wink

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Someone stole from Superman. That's gotta be a big mistake regardless of which world you are on. Great chapter.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A-ha! We finally know what Tempus did! He followed Clark's beckon to the Kevin and Megan's garage and stole their time machine! Yikes! shock Not good. No wonder he thinks he stopped Utopia with Superman's other two children being raised by the Lanes.

What will happen next? Lois, Clark, Kara, Caitlin, and Emily are ready to head back. Let's hope I'm wrong and Kevin actually moved it to a safer locale. What a cliffhanger? Also, where did all those boxes come from? Did Tempus drop off some clothes for them?

Originally Posted by DebbieG
I really appreciate every comment! I’d love to know what you think of this chapter. I was very tempted to call it “Scientific Progress Fails to Go ‘Boink’.” wink
huh Is that a C&H reference?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/22/14 04:45 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Kara followed her dad into the garage and watched expectantly as he pulled off the tarp. She hadn’t seen it yet, and thought a real time machine had to be awesome.

What they found was a collection of cardboard boxes.

Kara squinted at her dad. “The time machine… isn’t like the one in Calvin and Hobbes, is it?”
Dun, dun DUN!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tempus had to rear his ugly head sooner or later.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

huh Is that a C&H reference?
From the end of the chapter:
What they found was a collection of cardboard boxes.

Kara squinted at her dad. “The time machine… isn’t like the one in Calvin and Hobbes, is it?”

He sighed. “No, it’s not.”
So definitely, a Calvin and Hobbes reference. smile Calvin and Hobbes may have traveled through time in a cardboard box:
[Linked Image]
but I don’t think that’ll work for our heroes.

Tempus had to rear his ugly head sooner or later.
We’ll find out more about what happened in Chapter 47.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh, wait, I misunderstood you, Virginia. You were asking if my alternate title was a C&H reference. Yes, it was (see here). And obviously way too obscure, so it’s a good thing I left the chapter title as is.

R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Hmmm, someone stole from Superman, what would he do? Build a time machine and go back before it was stolen and hide it better, leaving some empty cardboard boxes in it's place...

Who stole the time machine from Superman? Superman did!

Last edited by Rogue Chip; 08/23/14 10:50 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tempus needs to be strapped into a Time Machine and sent far, far off into the future. After our sun has gone cold...

Sniff! whinging Sniff! whinging We are getting close to the end of this wonderful story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
H
Blogger
Blogger
H
I rather like the story [name I can't recall] where he was isolated on an island back in the long ago past and left to die there.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by hank1469
I rather like the story [name I can't recall] where he was isolated on an island back in the long ago past and left to die there.
How I Spent My Christmas Vacation by Nan Smith. But I'm sure that wasn't the end of the story, now was it? wink

Debbie, my daughter loves C&H, but it's been a while since I've read it. The "Boink" sounded like Calvin, but I wasn't sure about "Scientific Progress", so I doubt I would have recognized it until you mentioned them at the end. Also, "boink" sounds more like an error (to my ears), so it would've made more sense for "Scientific Progress Went Boink". LOL.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard