Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you thinks?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, my. What must Clark be thinking from what Lois said? Is he worried or relieved that she knows the truth (although, we all know she knows nothing of the kind)? Does he think she's come on a star as well? Only to be more convinced when she finally shows him her iPhone? What will she think when he tells her what he thinks? eek

Loved this section:
Lois scowled. Now who was the gullible one?

There had to be a rational explanation. Just because portals in time existed didn’t mean everything did. If she continued down this line of thought, she’d start believing in ghosts and angels. She’d be no better than those rednecks who thought aliens were real.

She might as well start writing for the National Inquisitor.
clap Brilliant!

So, who was the older man looking for her? Was he the thug from the future who had been sent further back into the past? Was it H.G. Wells? Well, at least HE'D be properly dressed. smile Or was it someone else?

We have discovered what Lois was wearing when she disappeared from this time, and why the dress was found on the bed. But all that mud couldn't have been good for it. Perhaps that's why there's a portal here. It's linked to this dress with no real beginning, so whomever wears it just get stuck in a time loop. The dress creates a time loop due to its anomaly.

Oh, the suspense is building. I wonder what will happen to Lois. Will she end up in another portal to the future? Or will she be left behind and Clark will be stuck moving forward in time, stuck between world? Oh, how sad a thought. You said your story will be less sad than the original story. I have no idea where you're headed.

I love that scene at the end where he can't smile right until Lois walks into the room. Awwww. So sweet and romantic. No wonder Lois was moved.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loved it. I hope Lois and Clark get a long chance to be together soon, and hopefully talk to each other about important things!

I squeed when I saw it was coming up to the photograph. It's such a beautiful moment, that the picture which she fell in love with, is him looking at her, in love.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
When I heard of the new dress I knew that Clark was going to be besmitten (even more so) by how she looks. I sincerely hope the man looking for her is H.G. because if it was someone else, it wouldn't bode well at all.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Anxiously awaiting each new part. Plenty of tension without overdoing it with the big blue boy scout. I love the way Lois is analyzing everything logically right up until she sees that smile...

It will be interesting to see who the older gentleman is. In one way I am almost hoping it will not be Wells as I would like to see them figure the way out themselves. On the other hand Wells input might be necessary to make them both truly believe what is happening and will happen next and to be properly prepared for it.

Shane likes to do things a bit differently so I hope he doesn't put Lois back in the exact spot she came from and does not remember this adventure but then meets Clark in Perry's office the next day/week/etc to start the meeting/courting thing all over again. That has been done and done and done and the last few super short stories Shane has posted indicates he does think a bit out of the box(Simple Sugars comes to mind).

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Scene at the end with the photographer: Awwwwwwww! Very nice.

I suspect H. G. Wells also, but then again unexpected man who helps out + time travel = H. G. Wells, pretty much. It could be fun either way.

I’m looking forward to more!

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Given timeholes or portals or whatever, the idea of a "psychic" shouldn't seem so farfetched. After all, wasn't her knowledge of the future what concerned Lois about slipping up if she stayed in the past?

Just hadathought...What if her first attempt to go home ends up making the psychic Lois herself? She could put the National Inquisitor on the map!

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the bit with the photograph. It is meant for Lois, and she felt it, a hundred years later.

Is she going to be able to show Clark her iPhone, and tell him that she is from the future? Or will circumstances prevent this?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard