Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I never get enough of reading this story. *scampers off to go read again before commenting*

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
What Christina just said...

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Christina
I never get enough of reading this story. *scampers off to go read again before commenting*

I had never read it before it showed up here but it instantly became one of my favorites and pushing me to read more of her writing. I read it three weeks ago and as Christina said I need to go over it again before making a real comment...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
/blush/ I'm tickled pink that you all are reading this. Thanks, LLF, for the heads up. :-)

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!

Reading between doing everything else. So cool! Lois Lane is Superman's girlfriend!
Will comment more when I finish!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I love how Clark had two celebrity personas. And how intuitive Lois is in realizing who Caleb is. It felt natural, since Clark is Clark, and would have a phrase he would repeat. Everything just flowed so naturally.

It was very nice to have a story where Lois and Clark couldn't break luthor, and I felt it a nice twice for Lex to bring about his own downfall (hubris and all).

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read this story several years ago, but I had totally forgotten how it ended. I'm glad I read it again.

I'm a little surprised how few people recognized Caleb as Clark. It seems as if Caleb was a merge between Clark and Superman. Casual clothes, no glasses, slightly different hairstyle, and yet he fooled everyone (but Lex and Lois, apparently) into believing he was 3 people. If that were true, how come so many celebrities are caught out and about shopping in the sweatpants? huh It wouldn't take more than one person (other than Lois) to say, well, he fooled all of us once, let's see how else CK would look if we changed this about him or that about him. He was walking a thin line here, I think.

I loved how it was the female ex-MP who saved the day at Luthor's party and arrested Luthor. clap It was as if he was slapped down more than one way with that move. I love also how his careful plan backfired because Superman never showed. I love it when Lex's plans go wrong.

The building relationship between Lois and Caleb was beautifully written. It was interesting to see S1 through the viewpoint of Clark Kent or Superman not always being there to save Lois. I like it when Lois is strong enough to get herself out of her own messes. Keep it up! clap

I had forgotten that when Superman shows up at Lois's apartment for that first date, he shows up as himself and not in the uniform. There's just something endearing and sexy about Superman in casual clothing, sans glasses, sans act, just being himself. That's what I love about LnC, we actually got to see him being himself. I'm glad Lois had the guts to trust him with the truth that she knew he'd been on Earth for many years. I'm glad he trusted her back.

It was so funny that he thought she hated him just because she couldn't find anything interesting to write about Clark Kent after their initial interview. When all she thought was that there was more to the man that he let her see. Boy, was she right!

A delightful read.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Virginia,

I completely agree with you about people recognizing celebrities. But since the entire show is based on the premise that nobody recognizes Superman when he's washed his hair and put glasses on, we all decided that this entire universe suffers from some kind of facial recognition disorder.

grin

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by HappyGirl
Hi Virginia,

I completely agree with you about people recognizing celebrities. But since the entire show is based on the premise that nobody recognizes Superman when he's washed his hair and put glasses on, we all decided that this entire universe suffers from some kind of facial recognition disorder.

grin

Funny you should mention that. Over lunch today I read "A Year Ago Today" by Wendy Richards and Kaethel and loved how Lois figured out Clark was Superman. The facial recognition you mentioned played into it. Clark was in Lois's apartment and she went to the window trying to think and saw his reflection in the window. She thought it was Superman outside and then the reflection moved (Clark moved) and it all clicked into place. The idea was that she saw the image where she would normally see Superman and not expect to see Clark and it just morphed into a revelation. Then she went into her normal I hurt him/he lied/I love him tango of course but that was over pretty quickly... I just love revelations like that.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
"Well, I'm no Clark Kent, but the mustache helped.
One of my favorites quotes from just about any LnC story.

When Perry was the last one within earshot of Lois, he
leaned toward her and drawled in a conspiratorial tone, "He's
in town, you know. Cat just heard from her source at the Jade
Inn."

Lois gave her editor a confused frown. "Who?"

"Clark Kent. Arrives this evening. He's got the Presidential
Suite booked for the next three weeks.
So is she going to try for an interview with him, or does she think of him as a Richard Castle-type that is all fluff and therefore more Cat's corner (of the Planet)?

I bet he'll be at Luthor's White Orchid Ball.
You can't hold the social event of the season and not invite
Clark Kent if he's in town. I know you've been chasing an
interview with Lex Luthor for months, but if you managed to land a one-on-one with Clark Kent -- not a PR puff piece, but a real, in-depth interview -- well, *that* would be something to see." With a last parting wink, Perry strode off toward his office, bellowing for Jimmy as he went.
Challenge made, let's see if she accepts.

Clark Kent was not a fan of big cities.
I wonder what made this Kent so city-shy while the canon one seemed to take Metropolis in in a sort of awe. World-weary, maybe?

I really thought it was a neat twist to have Lana and Pete as friends in the know and Lana not at all a love interest. It left things completely free for Lois (at least by the traditional standards).

I also loved how Lois figured out that Caleb=Clark.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
It's one of my favorite stories ever smile. Lois is so smart and observant, you just have to love her. She shows no teenage crush on Superman, just real understanding of who he is. It's a funny twist, that he feels like he has to hide his 'civilian identity' and creates a new one ,though he is being a lunkhead again wink

KateB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finished this awesome story! What a deliciously different and fun take on canon. Caleb Kent was not exactly Clark or Superman, he was a little of both men.

Nice to see Cat treated with a little more respect.

Perry was Perry!

There was do much to write about the wonderful twists and turns that I could be up for another hour or so!

Happy Girl, so glad you wrote this! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard