bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
So, what do you think? peep

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Soooooo. What in the world was Lex doing speeding along towards Smallville? Was that truck chasing him? Or was he just in a hurry? Well, he was shot, so one could say that someone was definitely after Lex. Is this why Clark feels as if Lex knows the truth about him? Did Lana get killed because she was driving Lex's car and someone ran her off the road trying to kill him? You've left me with a hundred questions with this part.

Very exciting. Too bad about Platt. While I'm sure Clark could lay his death at Luthor's feet but he seems to be grasping at straws here, blaming the billionaire for every death he sees... or blaming himself. Since Lois didn't give Clark the idea of the change of clothes, will he be able to save her from the Messenger explosion? shock Let's hope so! That poor man NEEDS some sleep and a better apartment. (Paging Floyd. Paging Floyd.) Yes, Lois would probably think Clark bonkers for his theory about Luthor without proof, but it isn't better that she's forewarned? Then she could be there for Clark when he has nowhere else to turn. Where will Clark go from here?

Yes, he should have known better than to just throw on a sweater instead of get dressed professionally. Poor Clark. He's losing it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Clark. It’s nice to see Lois being so warm and sympathetic towards him.

This is a long journey for Clark, and you’re doing a great job portraying it. I’m looking forward to more!

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Let's hope so! That poor man NEEDS some sleep and a better apartment.

Couldn't agree more. grin

(Paging Floyd. Paging Floyd.)
huh

So now, you have me confused. What does that mean? Google is not much of a help, here.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Virginia and Debbie.
dance

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
Originally Posted by virginia
(Paging Floyd. Paging Floyd.)
huh

So now, you have me confused. What does that mean? Google is not much of a help, here.
Sorry. I was afraid that reference was a bit vague. blush

[Linked Image] Floyd was the landlord from whom Clark rented his Clinton Street apartment. (The picture is from Cloisworld's Complete Guide to the Characters of LnC; a site I visit almost daily for some reason or another.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahh, now I get it. I admit the thought briefly crossed my mind. But for some reason I dismissed it again, probably because I thought that no one could possibly know that landlord's name. I just thought that was some joke just a native speaker would get. wallbash

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is great! Bakasi--I am a big fan of your work, and of this story... clap

I am enjoying how you are really getting into Clark's head--how you are able to express all of what Clark is feeling as these scenes that are sort of 'Pilot-ish' are being played out. Clark's guilt concerning Platt's death, Clark dealing with his past, Clark trying to figure out just what his feelings are for Lois. You are really able to get into his character, and make the reader feel really involved in the story notworthy

The backstory--I am very invested in it and oh-so-curious to find out more clap. Can not wait to see what happens along that dark highway. So many questions are popping into my head! And what all really happens to Lana in the end? So excited for more!

And can I also say that I loved this alternate 'Towel'/'Jean' scene?! Clark visuals with a shirt off are great anyway, but how you worked the scene in from his previous night out flying before was really wonderful. And Clark's confusion in clothing choices--that did a great job of showing how out of it, how worn out, how stressed he is. Creative details everywhere smile .

Loving the story!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/27/14 02:38 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The emotions in this part are very raw and on the surface. When have we ever seen Clark so riled up and guilty? Revenge against Lex is beginning to rule his life ....a lot like the Count of Monte Cristo. Good thing Lois is there to steady him.

Now, don't you think it's time you got him out of that dump and into a proper apartment? huh

Last edited by Morgana; 08/30/14 11:13 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard