Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm really grateful for all the feedback so far. Well, what do you think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well the story just keeps getting better and better. You really are doing a great job at unveiling the story layer by layer. I suspect we all know where they will end up (at least we hope they do) but that is immaterial compared to the journey you are spinning for them.

Many times I check the ending of the story to determine if I really want to read it as I am not hugely into bad endings as some people are. To me knowing where the story is going is not a problem because as far as I am concerned the journey is the meat of the story and the meat on your story is USDA Prime.

Thanks for writing this one.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Aaaaahhhh...cliffhanger!!! Get back here! wildguy

I'm absolutely on the edge of my seat for this story and so wrapped up in the mood. I'm sort of tempted to look up that Christopher Reeve movie, but some of those early comments warning me of the sad ending have me wary. Nope...not gonna do it. I will be patient until this story is finished so I don't accidentally spoil anything.

/groobie refreshes web browser, impatiently waiting for part 11/ grovel

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love how you show the tension between them. They're just sizzling in wet clothing.

LOIS: Hey, how did my clothes dry so fast?
CLARK: [Linked Image] It wasn't me.
LOIS: huh

I love the dynamic of her being a modern woman with knowledge of modern times and Clark's truly an old-fashioned dude. More old fashioned than ever before.

“When I was a farmer it was my job to know. I can see farther than most,” he said. “Normally I never would have put you in this position.”

For a moment, Lois was confused. Other than a wet dress, semi-transparent as it might be, what position had he put her in?

“A man and woman alone, without a chaperone,” he said, “It can lead to some….difficulty.”
Sounds like said man if having some difficulty with distractions.

Maybe it was the fact that she’d thought he wanted to kiss her and she was disappointed.
Oh, Lois! This is 1912. Just because he isn't, doesn't mean he doesn't want to. It just means he respects you.

“So he leaves this open and unlocked? Anyone could just come in here and steal or destroy anything they want!”
/cough/ Lois, this isn't modern day Metropolis! Or Metropolis at all. /cough/

“A man who would do this to a woman…he isn’t a man at all.” Clark’s voice was low and controlled, but she could hear suppressed anger in it.

“You aren’t going to tell me this is why women shouldn’t get involved in real reporting?”

“The Daily Planet is one of the best newspapers in the world,” Clark said. “If its editor trusted you to report on significant news, it must mean that you are better than good at what you do.”
Good answer, Clark.

Lois flushed again. Praise about her looks had never meant all that much; it was superficial and she had never understood why many men thought that would be impressive. Her looks were the result of good genes. She could highlight them with makeup and clothing, but at the end of the day looks weren’t an accomplishment.

She’d worked long and hard in her career, though, and she was proud of that fact. Even though things were slowly changing, she still had to work twice as hard to get half the credit.
clap Well said. notworthy

She wasn’t exactly sure what Nickelodeons were; in her mind she had vague images of men in bowler
hats staring into a metal machine at hula girls.
You accidentally have a paragraph break in the middle of this sentence.

So, is she going to tell him? I'm guessing she'll wait until right before the fire (or during), but I could be wrong. It's been known to happen... often enough. But the fun is in the guessing. [Linked Image] I wonder if the thug from the future will show up in the past. His gun stayed in the future, right? shock Right? How will the fire start? Oooooh. Lots of questions. Can't wait to read how you solve 'em all.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
That's quite a moral conundrum. I'm glad that Lois is thinking about the consequences of her actions. If she tells him about the time travel, I think he'd believe her. He's undoubtably experienced enough weirdness to have an open mind, and I'm pretty sure he's monitoring her breathing and heart rate to tell whether she's lying. Not that she would know any of this, of course.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think she will tell him her secret. Will he tell her his? Will she find out more about his secret?

You've really got me engrossed. I can't wait to read what happens next.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think Lois has no idea just how receptive Clark will be to her secret. wink Anyone else would think she was crazy.

Lois: I’m from the future.
Clark: I’m from another planet.
Both: …

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard