Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. I'm thinking that you guessed what was coming with the title of the chapter. Did it live up to your expectations or not?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t think. The silence all around was palpable.
LOIS: eek He’s going to bolt! I’m going to end up an old spinster! Do they sell cats down at the pet shop around the corner…?

He had a stray thought that if she’d done that out in the middle of the news floor, rather than here in the conference room, the ever-present clamour of sound and chatter would still have faded, leaving him in stunned silence.
Well, of course! People would have been shocked frozen.

I just ... It won’t get in the way.” She turned around. “Of our marriage that is.”
cat rotflol

“I’ll be a good wife. I will. And maybe, someday, you’ll love me a little.”
/scratches head/ How is she defining ‘good wife’?

“They say that you grow to love the person you’re married to. And it can be a strong love. Based on respect and admiration.”
Well, they had to say *something* to the poor girls set up in arranged marriages.

Clark figured there was only one way to get her attention
CPR?

so he grabbed her arms to still her then swooped down to capture her lips.
LOIS: confused

He felt her shock at the sudden intimacy but she quickly softened in his arms and he began to draw her closer.
So, now Lois will think it’s best to have a friend with benefits whom you love than just a friend?

The contact sent a frisson of desire through him and he reluctantly pulled away, knowing that it was too soon for that.
Plus, conference room. Glass windows. Ralph outside.
LOIS: So, my place after work, then?

Clark looked down at Lois’ face. Her eyes were closed, a look of happiness on her features.
Oh my. That means the final challenge will be either Superman or them finding a suitable wedding venue. Wonder which it will be…evil

“Um, how do you feel about me, Clark?”
CLARK: [Linked Image] Couldn’t you feel it before?
LOIS: cat Yeah…?

“That’s because it’s a lot more complicated than ‘I love you’ for me, Lois.”
Umm… /checks ‘candidate used wrong answer’ checkbox/

And if the passion was there for his job, then ...
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And there are things to talk about.”
Like how quickly they can go to Vegas and whether to ‘visit’ a jewelry store first?
MR. MAZIK: help

Lois frowned and gave a slight shake of her head. “Secret? Farmboy, you don’t have any secrets from me.” She laughed.
Then…
LOIS: jawdrop You’re…you’re…you’re unicorn bait?

She stood there, shock evident in her blank look and wide-eyed stare.
Like Ralph when he has to write an article?

“I must be blind or galactically stupid.”
TEMPUS: /checks box #2/

“Lois, you’re not stupid. I didn’t want you to see it.”
Like all the crooks she exposes?

Rap, rap, rap, came a sharp tapping on the glass in the door.
JIMMY: wave

“Lois, you ...” he paused and sighed pressing his fingers to his temple. “You are one stubborn woman. Are you sure you’re up to this?”
She looks quite flushed, eyes glassy, breath short?

“Can we not focus on the engagement for now? Let’s just enjoy being in love.” He nodded at her and grinned.
help She wants out!

This was fun!
/heads over yonder to wait for Clark to bring Lois home./
wink

Also, who’d have thunk that the wedding venue would actually be their final challenge?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I for one think you might have tried to do too much in one chapter. However one thing led to another or maybe I am thinking about Groobie's Distant Closeness over in the nFic section blush.

As with Michael I believe that Clark (of course) will interpret Lois's last statement incorrectly. She is just so happy that he is in love with her that she does not want to think about the engagement, pact, marriage, or any of those things right at this moment. Clark will of course take it the way Michael put it that she wants out but that should not be too difficult to work out.

I still think she took the Superman deal very well, I am glad she did take it well but it just seems so un-Lois to not be hurt that he never told her for all this time and to be so understanding.

I guess it is time to head to the jewelers next...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I've got to say that Clark has got Lois's ramble down pat, especially here:
“I’ve been hiding who I am. Disguising my true self. This ... is not Clark Kent. Well it is, but … it's not. Not the whole Clark Kent. This is a front, a deception. So that I can hide, so that I’m safe. And when I strip that away, I worry that you won’t feel the same way. I can’t even believe that you would fall in love with ... this, when I remember how you used to feel about Superman.” He indicated with his hand by placing his palm on his chest. “Clark Kent can't compare with Superman, although I've been secretly hoping that he can … in your eyes. And this man you see standing before you, this isn’t even really Clark Kent.”

“Are you saying that the man I love doesn’t really exist?” she asked. Her eyes were wide with worry and trepidation.
It's a good thing that they're old friends and she can understand and translate babble, otherwise I would have an expected a "Say what?" type response.

“You see, Lois ...”

“Oh my goodness! You’re ...”

“I’m Superman,” he said as he removed his glasses.
The perfect reveal! clap She discovers it a split second before he tells her. I'm a fan of Lois figures it out before Clark tells her (makes her seem less glattically stupid, IMO). So, this was perfect! smile1

So.... What's next?
Originally Posted by Mike M

Being that they are enjoying the love, I doubt jewelers is the next step. Getting used to all of Clark and what being in a relationship with Superman is probably the next step. But, then again, my hubby never bought me a ring, so I don't understand what normal people do in this situation.

Maybe meeting the folks. Although, they've been friends for 8 years, so they've probably already met them... sooooo, *telling* the folks? Telling Perry? Nope, I'm going to keep my original answer of getting used to their relationship. They can discuss the "M" word later?

ELLEN: Murder?

SAM: Mayhem?

LUCY: Magic?

MARTHA: Ms. Lane or Mrs. Kent?

JONATHAN: Metropolis or Smallville?

PERRY: Metallo? Is he back?

JIMMY: Mr. Mxyzptlk!

LOIS & CLARK: Don't say his name!

MR. Mxyzptlk: wave

The question will be how long will they wait?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My thoughts can be summed up in one syllable: Awwww! love

If I felt more coherent, I'd write more; as it is, that I was able to focus enough to read this part is a tribute to your writing. I've been running a low on sleep lately, and the hemlock icing on the poisoned cake was receiving a highly illegal 2:30am scam robocall. (My credit card was allegedly temporarily locked; I was suppose to press 'one' to connect to a customer service representative. Yeah, right.)

I was surprised that it was Perry and not Jimmy who interrupted them. And I was even more surprised (pleasantly so) that the conversation went as smoothly as it did and that everything is out in the open now. Since there are more parts of the story yet, I am guessing that Lois will have second thoughts when the implications of CK=S sink in. But for now, at least, I'm glad that they have a moment of happiness, however long it lasts.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Lots to love in this chapter! thumbsup Clark confessing that he misses being called farmboy...awwwww!!! love

Originally Posted by KatherineKent
The contact sent a frisson of desire through him and he reluctantly pulled away, knowing that it was too soon for that.

I know a place where their story can go when it's not too soon for that! wink LOL

I still think she took the Superman deal very well, I am glad she did take it well but it just seems so un-Lois to not be hurt that he never told her for all this time and to be so understanding.

I thought the reveal in this section was great, but I'm an angst-free revealer. grin (In one of my stories, Clark says, "I would have told you my secret much earlier if I had known that this was the result." LOL)

I hope the WAFFs continue in the next four chapters!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let's see:

1. Clark knows that Lois loves him--check! clap
2. Lois now knows that Clark loves her--check! hyper
3. Lois knows that Clark Kent = Superman--check! dance

--and, awesomely...

4. Kissing! party Kissing! party And some more kissing! party

So yes, loved this part, KK love

I very much enjoyed both reveals--the discovery of mutual love, and everything Superman-related. It felt great having Lois be 'in' on discovering who Superman was. I really liked how they talked through it, how Lois was able to figure it out by being open to all that Clark really is as a whole. And yes, I was definitely squealing my way through their discovery of how they both feel towards each other. Such WAFFy goodness notworthy. It was very romantic, and especially loved how Clark got her attention by kissing her. I really enjoyed how you wrote those moments of discovery--of their love for each other--out between them. Very sweet smile.

Oh--and lastly...cool title for this chapter! hail Gotta admit, you had me squealing with delight at reading it (before I had even opened the chapter up).

Looking forward to more--great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/21/14 01:29 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, it’s all out there now! This Clark is definitely a little different from L&C canon — no “Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.” But I think you made that clear at the start.

With four chapters left, I think the path of true love has a few bumps before the happily ever after. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t think. The silence all around was palpable.
LOIS: eek He’s going to bolt! I’m going to end up an old spinster! Do they sell cats down at the pet shop around the corner…?
As long as she knows to call it Elroy she can have a cat.

He had a stray thought that if she’d done that out in the middle of the news floor, rather than here in the conference room, the ever-present clamour of sound and chatter would still have faded, leaving him in stunned silence.
Well, of course! People would have been shocked frozen.
They do like to watch the Lois/Clark romantic soap opera!

“I’ll be a good wife. I will. And maybe, someday, you’ll love me a little.”
/scratches head/ How is she defining ‘good wife’?
No idea. She's basically just rambling.. lol

“They say that you grow to love the person you’re married to. And it can be a strong love. Based on respect and admiration.”
Well, they had to say *something* to the poor girls set up in arranged marriages.
Is this an arranged marriage? It was 'arranged' by two people. It just happens that the two people are also the ones getting married? Hmmm, food for thought.

Clark figured there was only one way to get her attention
CPR?
rotflol Nope.

Plus, conference room. Glass windows. Ralph outside.
LOIS: So, my place after work, then?
CLARK: *nods vigorously*

Clark looked down at Lois’ face. Her eyes were closed, a look of happiness on her features.
Oh my. That means the final challenge will be either Superman or them finding a suitable wedding venue. Wonder which it will be…evil
Hmmm, keep reading.

“Um, how do you feel about me, Clark?”
CLARK: [Linked Image] Couldn’t you feel it before?
LOIS: cat Yeah…?
lol

“That’s because it’s a lot more complicated than ‘I love you’ for me, Lois.”
Umm… /checks ‘candidate used wrong answer’ checkbox/
*nods and laughs*

And if the passion was there for his job, then ...
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Yup, Lois is definitely thinking in that direction ... a little bit.

And there are things to talk about.”
Like how quickly they can go to Vegas and whether to ‘visit’ a jewelry store first?
MR. MAZIK: help
Don't rush her. She's still likely to bolt even though she knows they love each other. This is Lois.

Lois frowned and gave a slight shake of her head. “Secret? Farmboy, you don’t have any secrets from me.” She laughed.
Then…
LOIS: jawdrop You’re…you’re…you’re unicorn bait?
Not that secret. And anyway, it's not really a secret it's just ... private.

She stood there, shock evident in her blank look and wide-eyed stare.
rotflol You mean terrified?

Rap, rap, rap, came a sharp tapping on the glass in the door.
JIMMY: wave
Tee Hee, nope. Not this time.

“Lois, you ...” he paused and sighed pressing his fingers to his temple. “You are one stubborn woman. Are you sure you’re up to this?”
She looks quite flushed, eyes glassy, breath short?
Hmm, she mustn't be better from the flu cause absolutely nothing else could have done that to her.

“Can we not focus on the engagement for now? Let’s just enjoy being in love.” He nodded at her and grinned.
help She wants out!
She never said it was off. Just not to talk about it for now. Don't you remember a particular episode where Cannon Lois said the same? Hmmm. grin

This was fun!
/heads over yonder to wait for Clark to bring Lois home./
wink

Also, who’d have thunk that the wedding venue would actually be their final challenge?

wave Michael
You still need to keep reading. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well I for one think you might have tried to do too much in one chapter.
Yes there was a lot that happened, but it was always meant to be this way!

However one thing led to another or maybe I am thinking about Groobie's Distant Closeness over in the nFic section blush.
Yeah, the conversation just flowed from one revelation to the next and so that's why so much happened. And ... well, nope it didn't quite lead to the same as Groobie's story. Michael would have been happy if it had though.

As with Michael I believe that Clark (of course) will interpret Lois's last statement incorrectly. She is just so happy that he is in love with her that she does not want to think about the engagement, pact, marriage, or any of those things right at this moment. Clark will of course take it the way Michael put it that she wants out but that should not be too difficult to work out.
Thankfully Clark doesn't take it the wrong way. It's just the same situation as at the end of JSN.

I still think she took the Superman deal very well,
She did. There were moments when it could have gone the other way, and Perry intruding actually helped too, as it gave Lois an idea of the delicate balance that Clark has with his life, and she sympathized rather than got angry.

I am glad she did take it well but it just seems so un-Lois to not be hurt that he never told her for all this time and to be so understanding.
There was enough stuff that already kept them apart up till now ... no more angst needed! smile

Mike
Not quite. Although there is a trip to the jewelers soon!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Wow, I've got to say that Clark has got Lois's ramble down pat,
lol Yes, he did let his words run away with him.

“You see, Lois ...”

“Oh my goodness! You’re ...”

“I’m Superman,” he said as he removed his glasses.
The perfect reveal! clap She discovers it a split second before he tells her. I'm a fan of Lois figures it out before Clark tells her (makes her seem less glattically stupid, IMO). So, this was perfect! smile1
Yeah. I think that Lois should be intelligent enough to figure it out, but Clark should also prove that he trusts her and actually get the opportunity to tell her. So, I think you are right, it is the perfect reveal.

So.... What's next?

Being that they are enjoying the love, I doubt jewelers is the next step. Getting used to all of Clark and what being in a relationship with Superman is probably the next step. But, then again, my hubby never bought me a ring, so I don't understand what normal people do in this situation.
The next chapter is called Being in Love so you can take what you want from that.

They can discuss the "M" word later?

ELLEN: Murder?

SAM: Mayhem?

LUCY: Magic?

MARTHA: Ms. Lane or Mrs. Kent?

JONATHAN: Metropolis or Smallville?

PERRY: Metallo? Is he back?

JIMMY: Mr. Mxyzptlk!

LOIS & CLARK: Don't say his name!

MR. Mxyzptlk: wave
rotflol

The question will be how long will they wait?
You'll have to read on to find out.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
My thoughts can be summed up in one syllable: Awwww! love
Thanks. It was a WAFFy chapter.

I was surprised that it was Perry and not Jimmy who interrupted them.
*laughs* Yes, Jimmy is the usual suspect. But I needed someone that Clark would be a little subservient to.

And I was even more surprised (pleasantly so) that the conversation went as smoothly as it did and that everything is out in the open now.
It nearly didn't. When Clark said that he didn't want Lois to know she nearly laid into him. You don't see this, though, because he explains quickly, and then Perry interrupts, which give Lois a whole different view of Clark.

Since there are more parts of the story yet, I am guessing that Lois will have second thoughts when the implications of CK=S sink in.
Don't forget this is a RomCom and we are past the 3/4 stage ...

But for now, at least, I'm glad that they have a moment of happiness, however long it lasts.

Joy,
Lynn
Oh, it's gonna last forever. Hope you don't mind.

Originally Posted by groobie
Lots to love in this chapter! thumbsup Clark confessing that he misses being called farmboy...awwwww!!! love
*giggles* Isn't it cute.

I know a place where their story can go when it's not too soon for that! wink LOL
Um, do you mean the rooftop? *whistles innocently*

I thought the reveal in this section was great, but I'm an angst-free revealer. grin
Well, I think there's enough angsty reveals out there already.

I hope the WAFFs continue in the next four chapters!
They will!

Originally Posted by LMA
Let's see:

1. Clark knows that Lois loves him--check! clap
2. Lois now knows that Clark loves her--check! hyper
3. Lois knows that Clark Kent = Superman--check! dance

--and, awesomely...

4. Kissing! party Kissing! party And some more kissing! party

So yes, loved this part, KK love
You got everything you asked for in the last FDK! Yay!

I very much enjoyed both reveals--the discovery of mutual love, and everything Superman-related. It felt great having Lois be 'in' on discovering who Superman was. I really liked how they talked through it, how Lois was able to figure it out by being open to all that Clark really is as a whole. And yes, I was definitely squealing my way through their discovery of how they both feel towards each other. Such WAFFy goodness notworthy. It was very romantic, and especially loved how Clark got her attention by kissing her. I really enjoyed how you wrote those moments of discovery--of their love for each other--out between them. Very sweet smile.

Oh--and lastly...cool title for this chapter! hail Gotta admit, you had me squealing with delight at reading it (before I had even opened the chapter up).

Looking forward to more--great job!
Laura
Thank you Laura. When I wrote this story two years ago I was desperate to get to this chapter. I knew I was going to love writing it and I'd feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Wow, it’s all out there now! This Clark is definitely a little different from L&C canon — no “Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.” But I think you made that clear at the start.
I did. But he's not a Reeves Superman either. Richard Donner told Christopher Reeve that he was always playing Superman, but sometimes Superman was pretending to be Clark. The Clark in this is more a half and half. He is most definitely Clark first and foremost, but he recognises that he 'adjusts' Clark's behaviour and so it still isn't really the true him. But neither is Superman.

With four chapters left, I think the path of true love has a few bumps before the happily ever after. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do!
Yeah, there are bumps, but not mountains. More like traffic calming measures instead. You know- those little bumps in the street that you have to slow your car down or it will kill the suspension.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
DP EMPLOYEES: It’s one of the best perks!
RALPH: I’d like to be a screenwriter for the show. [Linked Image]

Is this an arranged marriage? It was 'arranged' by two people. It just happens that the two people are also the ones getting married? Hmmm, food for thought.
laugh Nah, I was just putting the grove-to-love bit into context for Lois evil

CLARK: A ‘little bit’? dizzy

Little bits:
[Linked Image]

Don't rush her. She's still likely to bolt even though she knows they love each other. This is Lois.
rotflol
Good thing Clark’s pretty fast on his feet, then, huh?

rotflol You mean terrified?
For instance laugh

Hmm, she mustn't be better from the flu cause absolutely nothing else could have done that to her.
Clark should definitely take her back to bed then and make sure she stays warm.

Don't you remember a particular episode where Cannon Lois said the same?
[Linked Image]

You still need to keep reading.
Drat!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
DP EMPLOYEES: It’s one of the best perks!
RALPH: I’d like to be a screenwriter for the show. [Linked Image]
Would it end up like Eastenders then?

CLARK: A ‘little bit’? dizzy

Little bits:
[Linked Image]
rotflol

rotflol
Good thing Clark’s pretty fast on his feet, then, huh?
He's the fastest man in the world, but somehow that's still not fast enough to catch Lois when she bolts.

Clark should definitely take her back to bed then and make sure she stays warm.
Absolutely. Hopefully Clark remembers that body heat is one of the most reliable things for keeping people warm. You know, like when people get stuck in the snow, etc.

You still need to keep reading.
Drat!

wave Michael
Next chapter coming up in a few minutes.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

/googles/ Ah, British soap.

He's the fastest man in the world, but somehow that's still not fast enough to catch Lois when she bolts.
CLARK: It’s not *my* fault! She’s always glowing green behind the gills when she panics. It must be some sort of natural defense mechanism. huh

Absolutely. Hopefully Clark remembers that body heat is one of the most reliable things for keeping people warm. You know, like when people get stuck in the snow, etc.
[Linked Image]

/spies next chapter/

[Linked Image] Michael

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
/googles/ Ah, British soap.
Yeah. Not that I watch it.

[Linked Image]
grin

/spies next chapter/

[Linked Image] Michael
*giggles* Rushing, are you?

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard