Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. Unexpected?

The illness was based on a scene in You've Got Mail where Tom Hank's character visits and looks after Meg Ryan's character while she has Flu.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually not for me. Just Lois being Lois, I mean she and Clark are talking along during the Hot Match Wild Card date discussing the ins and outs of the pact situation and she just blurts “Okay, then. You’re on. As of this moment we are officially engaged.” out of the blue so why not “Because I’m completely in love with you,” just as she is bolting rotflol ?

I am loving the story and the only thing seemly forced in the chapter was Perry's declaration but as I have said before these two always seem to need some outside force to push them into moving forward in their relationship. You claimed initially of a much different dynamic between the two in your universe but in much of the past several chapters the dynamic is almost the normal Lois and Clark dynamic we are used to seeing. I guess you have to move that way if you are to actually get them to the alter in 5 more chapters...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Our marriage wouldn't work because I'm completely in love with you..." Yup, that's a perfect RomCom Lois sentiment.

I'm looking forward to seeing Clark's reaction to that bit of Lois logic, and am wondering what other bumps there will be in the road. Clark's two secrets need to be told, obviously, and Lois will need to regroup after having learned them, but that alone probably wouldn't take five more story parts. I guess I'll find out over the course of the next two-and-a-half weeks. (Unless, of course, you could be encouraged to speed up the posting schedule? grovel No? Didn't think so. Ah, well. It was worth a try.)

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was out walking and thought of a couple more things as I mentally went back over this chapter. I love how you worked the Forever word into the discussion and as Lynn mentioned the secrets reveal. I was thinking of 3 secrets actually, the two obvious ones that he loves her right back and that he is Superman and then the third one that he is a virgin which I am assuming he still is as he would have had to been in a very serious relationship to have changed that status which would have invalidated the pact. Of course mind then hit on the "40 year old virgin" play on words goofy

In a way I like Lynn's idea of speeding up the posting schedule and then on the other hand I am not in a hurry for this story to end wink

Thanks for a great story.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/16/14 01:04 PM.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
Actually not for me. Just Lois being Lois, I mean she and Clark are talking along during the Hot Match Wild Card date discussing the ins and outs of the pact situation and she just blurts “Okay, then. You’re on. As of this moment we are officially engaged.” out of the blue so why not “Because I’m completely in love with you,” just as she is bolting rotflol ?
Okay, so you saw it coming from a mile off then. Yup Lois is well known for blurting out without thinking.

I am loving the story and the only thing seemly forced in the chapter was Perry's declaration
I admit that getting the flow of this scene was difficult. I knew Perry needed to say something. If you read again he never actually says they are in love with each other, he mentions that 'they don't realise what they mean to each other', after saying that Clark would walk on water for her (which was a direct LnC quote grin).

but as I have said before these two always seem to need some outside force to push them into moving forward in their relationship.
Absolutely!!

You claimed initially of a much different dynamic between the two in your universe but in much of the past several chapters the dynamic is almost the normal Lois and Clark dynamic we are used to seeing.
Yes. They start with a different dynamic due to it being 8 years of friendship. But it's been changing!

I guess you have to move that way if you are to actually get them to the alter in 5 more chapters...

Mike
Well. You'll see some typical behavior from Lois and Clark. And maybe some not quite so typical.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
"Our marriage wouldn't work because I'm completely in love with you..." Yup, that's a perfect RomCom Lois sentiment.
laugh

I'm looking forward to seeing Clark's reaction to that bit of Lois logic,
Any predictions as to what it will be?

and am wondering what other bumps there will be in the road.
Lets just say that the bumps from now on are ... more like 'road calming measures' rather than hills or mountains.

Clark's two secrets need to be told, obviously, and Lois will need to regroup after having learned them, but that alone probably wouldn't take five more story parts.
Um nope. You might be surprised how many parts it takes.

I guess I'll find out over the course of the next two-and-a-half weeks. (Unless, of course, you could be encouraged to speed up the posting schedule? grovel No? Didn't think so. Ah, well. It was worth a try.)

Joy,
Lynn
Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday. There is an internet connection, but ... I'm considering it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love how you worked the Forever word into the discussion
grin Well, it is. It will be forever. As Clark said in JSN his love is forever because it just is.

and as Lynn mentioned the secrets reveal. I was thinking of 3 secrets actually, the two obvious ones that he loves her right back and that he is Superman and then the third one that he is a virgin which I am assuming he still is as he would have had to been in a very serious relationship to have changed that status which would have invalidated the pact. Of course mind then hit on the "40 year old virgin" play on words goofy
lol Clark's secrets will come out, although he's only ever mentioned two secrets in his thoughts to himself. His lack of crossing the intimacy threshold is not exactly a secret in his mind, it's just something that's never come up or been appropriate to discuss.

In a way I like Lynn's idea of speeding up the posting schedule and then on the other hand I am not in a hurry for this story to end wink

Thanks for a great story.

Mike
Hmmm. Another for speeding up, or is it actually the opposite. Maybe I should take you as a 0.5 either way. So we are currently at 1.5 votes for speeding up posting and 0.5 for keeping as is.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I didn't leave feedback, yet. Shame on me. I thoroughly enjoy your story. It was fun watching Lois to try and set Clark up.

Having him care for her in this part was very sweet. But all the time I hoped he would finally get the chance to confess. Oh man, this is just another one of those examples were Lois and Clark dance around each other, seemingly never managing to get what they both want. This is so in character, its amazing smile

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Lois stood outside the airport - new phone in one hand, suitcase in the other - and dialled Clark’s number for the fifth time.
Oh boy. Someone’s not going to be happy.

“Clark. I left you a message when I was setting off to the airport, then when I got to the airport, then when I landed and twice since. Where are you?
Maybe he got run over by a car?

“Oh. Supposed to pick you up, was he?” he asked conversationally.

“Mmm hmmm,” she replied.
CLARK: She never *told* me to!

She dropped to the couch and hung her head. “Just when I thought it would be a good idea to tell him how I really feel.”
Oh boy.

“Well, he doesn’t deserve to know.”
Oh boy.

I guess this is also when I find out if she wants to end it. The way she talked ... the things she said in that last phone call from Coast City. And now, my failure to pick her up can’t have helped.
So, our resident lunkhead will take her clues and decide that she’s not interested in him after all basically because she doesn’t know and is mad at him?

her soaking wet clothing clinging to her curves,
evil White blouse?

“Where the heck were you?” she shouted at him then sneezed.
laugh

“All right, you have five minutes. And it better be a superb explanation, because, Kent, you are in the dog house at the moment.”
Did I already say ‘oh boy’?

She was shouting so loudly that Clark could see her body shaking.
[Linked Image]

“I’m ...” she faltered. “Just, a little woozy.” She shook her head. “Go on. You have four minutes left!” she said roughly. Then she swayed a little and Clark grabbed on tighter. “Ooooo!” came a soft sound from her mouth. “That’s not good.” She reached up to grab onto Clark then collapsed.
Oh boy. So…concussion or did he already get her pregnant?

I should have noticed before. Her glassy eyes and red cheeks. She’s soaking wet through.

He gently lifted her into his arms and carried her through to the bedroom, again bringing forth a memory of that night.
Hmm…her wet clothes could be an issue. Now, how could he solve that problem…?
CLARK: [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
ER: No! That’s not what you do. Superpowers only *after* you told her the secret. You will just have to manage like every other hapless chap and undress her before stuffing her under the blanket.

the rest of him knew full well what the wrath of Lois tasted like.
Strawberries?

“Um, could you help me out of ... um!”
hyper

Clark raised his eyebrows. Lois had gone from blazing hot anger to quiet shyness. Something was definitely up. She was ill.
rotflol

“Okay, escapology is coming off my CV,” she quipped at herself.
shock rotflol

The rush of sound in her ears and the light-headed feeling made her lose her balance and she slid to the floor grabbing onto the bath for support.

And that’s where Clark found her five minutes later.
Things aren’t looking up, are they?

The fact that Clark seemed oblivious did send a stab of disappointment through her for a moment though.
Well…she *is* on her deathbed, so…

And she knew that there would be a true reason, not just a pathetic excuse, why he failed to pick her up.
CLARK: Umm…you know that blonde bombshell neighbor I have?
LOIS: Uh-huh?
CLARK: Well…you see…she had this video that was almost going to be overdue and she asked me to return it for her…

And she knew that there would be a true reason, not just a pathetic excuse, why he failed to pick her up.
thud Having a man is making her weak?

Clark’s brain suddenly began buzzing with ideas. He wanted to tell her he loved her but knew that now was not the time so he settled for trying to get some answers on the wedding.
And he’s not considering that Lois’s wishes for a wedding of love might be different from a platonic one?

He felt his body humming with tension every time he was near her.
Did you ever happen to watch “What Planet Are You From”?

What does my gut tell me?

Her stomach growled and gurgled at her.

It tells me that Clark’s taking too long with that sandwich.
lol She’s feeling better!

She’d never give up on work for more than a day or two, even if she was at death’s door.
So, how will they manage a two-week honeymoon?
LOIS: Umm…I’ll do an intensive investigative piece on alien physiology?

“Clark,” she said, not moving her gaze one iota from the television. “I refer you back to answer one from two nights ago.
clap

I can set the scene, give her a lovely evening out ... then drop a bombshell on her. Clark groaned in his head. This is just going to be a disaster.
No, the true disaster will be when he gets called away during the date.

Clark! She said ‘night Clark’. She hasn’t called me ‘Farmboy’ since we got engaged.
Yeah, well, she doesn’t want to be a farmgirl. Or, possibly, a farmer’s wife.

“Lois, how can you not see it? Either of you." His voice was soft, almost a whisper, with a disbelieving tone.

"See what?"

"What you two mean to each other.”
laugh
LOIS: Of course. He sees me as a friend.
CLARK: Sure, sir. I’m the friend she needs.
PERRY: wallbash

Perry can’t possibly be right. But what if he is? What if we both want this wedding as much as each other?
Then they’d need a big honeymoon bed instead of two twins?

Perry can’t possibly be right. But what if he is? What if we both want this wedding as much as each other?
Huh, something’s up?

Maybe if she knew what he expected then she could phrase how she told him appropriately.

“So, how is this marriage going to work then, Clark?”
CLARK: Well…you know…those 50s TV shows where the husband and wife sleep in separate beds…?

“You know. Living arrangements, intimacy, finances, hobbies, vacations.”
clap How she’s slipping the intimacy in there in between.

“Forever!” she whispered out. Perry’s wrong, came the inner scared child. Suddenly it was all too much for her. She jumped up. “I can’t do this.” Flight mode had suddenly switched on again.
Oh boy. She’s feeling better dizzy

Clark looked up at her. “What?” He stood.

“I can’t marry you, Clark.”
Makes sound like balloon after being pierced by needle.

“Why are you so sure it won’t?” he asked vehemently.

“Because I’m completely in love with you,” she shouted back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
shock You… shock You… shock

Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday.
[Linked Image]

Also, with the other FDK, will their actual wanting to consume their honeymoon be expressed in a similar fashion to Lois’s previous outbursts?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

Again not me, so far since he has decided to tell her about his secret identity: she has been blown up in a building, he has had an earthquake in China block him from picking her up at the airport, she has caught the flu, and has now declared she can't marry him because she is completely in love with him. All that occurred in 5 chapters and you only have 5 left so he has got to get with the program sometime but first he has to defuse the 'in love' issue which is (I believe) only an issue because Lois does not know that Clark is really in love with her also, she thinks it is only one sided and that would not work in a marriage (she would be right there). Time for Clark to at least begin to come clean but knowing your RomCom timing it also must be time for another Superman rescue...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Love it! And here I was getting worried that she'd never get around to telling him, and he her.... Perfect little cliffhanger! grin Although it's not as big of a leap as Lois may make it out to be....

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I should have expected the ending. It reminds me of a line from "Just Say Noah". As such I would say it's in character for Lois.

I was more surprised Clark stuck with the trying to stand up for the marriage and not just wimping out.

Last edited by John Lambert; 08/17/14 12:11 AM.

John Pack Lambert
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still having fun watching them circle each other, getting closer and closer. smile They have a different relationship from the one in canon, so I’ll be interested to see how Lois handles the revelation.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great part, KK smile...

At first, when I saw the subject line for this chapter, I was kind of worried. Major illness? Kryptonite bug? So yeah, I was relieved that it was only the flu--and not something really bad.

I also very much enjoyed how Clark cared for Lois. It was really heart-warming. And 'yes' Lois--Clark will make an excellent husband wink. You will be a very lucky lady (as soon as all this stuff between them fully surfaces)...

Was I surprised that Lois blurted out her true feelings? Hmmm...yes and no. I was expecting it to come out soon--she had wanted to wait till she was back in Metropolis. But--just getting it 'out there' was a big step for her...so I could have maybe seen her agonize over it a bit more, too.

What will Clark do now??? That is why I am SO excited for the next part clap... He will be thrilled and I can't wait to see what he does with the news....Kisses her? grovel Tells her he loves her? grovel Tells her about Superman? grovel

Yeah--there is a lot of greatness to come dance

Can't wait!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've just caught up! Such a fun story! And this cliffy was perfect. Can't wait to see where you take them from here! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by bakasi
I didn't leave feedback, yet. Shame on me. I thoroughly enjoy your story. It was fun watching Lois to try and set Clark up.
Thanks. And it's nice to know you are reading.

Having him care for her in this part was very sweet. But all the time I hoped he would finally get the chance to confess.
He wanted to confess, too. But he didn't feel right doing it while she was ill.

Oh man, this is just another one of those examples were Lois and Clark dance around each other, seemingly never managing to get what they both want. This is so in character, its amazing smile
*nods* Yup. Classic Lois and Clark. grin

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Lois stood outside the airport - new phone in one hand, suitcase in the other - and dialled Clark’s number for the fifth time.
Oh boy. Someone’s not going to be happy.
You think?

“Clark. I left you a message when I was setting off to the airport, then when I got to the airport, then when I landed and twice since. Where are you?
Maybe he got run over by a car?
Then landed in a dumpster and the sky went dark?

her soaking wet clothing clinging to her curves,
evil White blouse?
rotflol

“I’m ...” she faltered. “Just, a little woozy.” She shook her head. “Go on. You have four minutes left!” she said roughly. Then she swayed a little and Clark grabbed on tighter. “Ooooo!” came a soft sound from her mouth. “That’s not good.” She reached up to grab onto Clark then collapsed.
Oh boy. So…concussion or did he already get her pregnant?
Um. I think that kind of pregnancy only happened once in history. Abut 2000 years ago.

I should have noticed before. Her glassy eyes and red cheeks. She’s soaking wet through.

He gently lifted her into his arms and carried her through to the bedroom, again bringing forth a memory of that night.
Hmm…her wet clothes could be an issue. Now, how could he solve that problem…?
Does he WANT to solve it? You already pointed out the benefits of wearing a white blouse!

the rest of him knew full well what the wrath of Lois tasted like.
Strawberries?
lol Um, I don't think so. I think it would be compared to something a little more bitter ... or hot!

“Okay, escapology is coming off my CV,” she quipped at herself.
shock rotflol
It was comedy! She doesn't really have it on her CV.

The rush of sound in her ears and the light-headed feeling made her lose her balance and she slid to the floor grabbing onto the bath for support.

And that’s where Clark found her five minutes later.
Things aren’t looking up, are they?
Well, he's just found the woman he loves almost naked!!!!!

But then again she's collapsed on the bathroom floor and doesn't seem to be up to any *you know*.

The fact that Clark seemed oblivious did send a stab of disappointment through her for a moment though.
Well…she *is* on her deathbed, so…
Hey. It's only Lois that thinks he's oblivious to her near nakedness. In reality Clark ... notices everything.

What does my gut tell me?

Her stomach growled and gurgled at her.

It tells me that Clark’s taking too long with that sandwich.
lol She’s feeling better!
Definitely

She’d never give up on work for more than a day or two, even if she was at death’s door.
So, how will they manage a two-week honeymoon?
LOIS: Umm…I’ll do an intensive investigative piece on alien physiology?
Sound like a fantastic investigation. Will the DP publish anything about aliens? Or will the two weeks end up being a complete bust?

I can set the scene, give her a lovely evening out ... then drop a bombshell on her. Clark groaned in his head. This is just going to be a disaster.
No, the true disaster will be when he gets called away during the date.
lol

Clark! She said ‘night Clark’. She hasn’t called me ‘Farmboy’ since we got engaged.
Yeah, well, she doesn’t want to be a farmgirl. Or, possibly, a farmer’s wife.
lol Just for those of you who missed it ... it's turned into an affectionate name over the 8 years, rather than an insult. Lois uses it to convey her ... *friendship* ... to Clark. And Clark kind of knows this. But he only thinks of it as friendship. We know that Lois called him that because she was in love. Yet she stopped when they got engaged! Anyone figure out why?

“Lois, how can you not see it? Either of you." His voice was soft, almost a whisper, with a disbelieving tone.

"See what?"

"What you two mean to each other.”
laugh
LOIS: Of course. He sees me as a friend.
CLARK: Sure, sir. I’m the friend she needs.
PERRY: wallbash
With the amount of hair he's losing over these two I think we need a hair pulling smiley for Perry rather than wallbash!

Then they’d need a big honeymoon bed instead of two twins?
Yup. *nods*

Maybe if she knew what he expected then she could phrase how she told him appropriately.

“So, how is this marriage going to work then, Clark?”
CLARK: Well…you know…those 50s TV shows where the husband and wife sleep in separate beds…?
LOIS: *frowns concerned* Yeah?
CLARK: Well I was thinking we could set up the guest room that way. For when your folks visit.

grin

“You know. Living arrangements, intimacy, finances, hobbies, vacations.”
clap How she’s slipping the intimacy in there in between.
Oh yeah. Very subtle Lois!

“Forever!” she whispered out. Perry’s wrong, came the inner scared child. Suddenly it was all too much for her. She jumped up. “I can’t do this.” Flight mode had suddenly switched on again.
Oh boy. She’s feeling better dizzy
Better? I wouldn't class this as better!

Clark looked up at her. “What?” He stood.

“I can’t marry you, Clark.”
Makes sound like balloon after being pierced by needle.
lol Yeah, Clark's heart just deflated.

“Why are you so sure it won’t?” he asked vehemently.

“Because I’m completely in love with you,” she shouted back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
shock You… shock You… shock
Sorry, did I not warn you about the 3/4 mark cliffhanger? I'm sure I did. grin

Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday.
[Linked Image]
So is this a vote for quicker posting? Or a worry that I won't post while I'm away?

Well, sorry but my time got away from me, and stuff kept me from posting, so I'm gonna stick to original schedule as I wouldn't get it done before Saturday now, even if I did a chapter a night. Internet is available on holiday and my laptop is going with me.

Again not me, so far since he has decided to tell her about his secret identity: she has been blown up in a building, he has had an earthquake in China block him from picking her up at the airport, she has caught the flu, and has now declared she can't marry him because she is completely in love with him.
Yeah but the interruptions have to stop as some point. I can't keep them going indefinitely or we won't get to the end of the story! So, as I repeat ... you might be surprised how many parts till the secrets are out!

All that occurred in 5 chapters and you only have 5 left so he has got to get with the program sometime but first he has to defuse the 'in love' issue which is (I believe) only an issue because Lois does not know that Clark is really in love with her also, she thinks it is only one sided and that would not work in a marriage (she would be right there). Time for Clark to at least begin to come clean but knowing your RomCom timing it also must be time for another Superman rescue...

Mike
lol You've got it right. Lois only thinks it wouldn't work cause she thinks she's the only one in love.

Lets see. The next Superman rescue ... is actually NOT in the next chapter!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Love it! And here I was getting worried that she'd never get around to telling him, and he her.... Perfect little cliffhanger! grin Although it's not as big of a leap as Lois may make it out to be....
Oh, it's a fantastic cliffhanger ... and I just love those words coming from Lois' mouth (as you can tell by my signature)

Originally Posted by John Lambert
I should have expected the ending. It reminds me of a line from "Just Say Noah". As such I would say it's in character for Lois.
It's directly from JSN! See my sig! grin

I was more surprised Clark stuck with the trying to stand up for the marriage and not just wimping out.
Oh no. Clark knows he's in love and wants this more than anything now. He's not gonna let her run away! But what he'll do now is very different to what he would have done if she hadn't admitted to that final line!

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Still having fun watching them circle each other, getting closer and closer. smile They have a different relationship from the one in canon, so I’ll be interested to see how Lois handles the revelation.
Everyone has been convinced she'll be just as mad as in cannon. But as I've repeatedly pointed out, they do have a different relationship. Yes they've been friends for 8 years, but the romance has never blossomed (until now) and so Lois does not have the same sense of betrayal or the feeling that Clark played Superman/Clark off against each other and used them to manipulate her.

Originally Posted by LMA
Another great part, KK smile...

At first, when I saw the subject line for this chapter, I was kind of worried. Major illness? Kryptonite bug? So yeah, I was relieved that it was only the flu--and not something really bad.
*phew* Yeah, nothing bad!

I also very much enjoyed how Clark cared for Lois. It was really heart-warming.
Good, that's what I wanted. And it's just how Clark would have behaved.

And 'yes' Lois--Clark will make an excellent husband wink. You will be a very lucky lady (as soon as all this stuff between them fully surfaces)...
*wanders off into a dream of Clark as husband*

What will Clark do now???
CLARK: You love me?
LOIS: Um yes.
CLARK: Oh dear, well you're right then. It'll never work. I guess that's the Pact over with then. Bye.

That is why I am SO excited for the next part clap... He will be thrilled and I can't wait to see what he does with the news....Kisses her? grovel Tells her he loves her? grovel Tells her about Superman? grovel
Maybe all the above?

Yeah--there is a lot of greatness to come dance

Can't wait!!!
Laura
Well, I hope you think so.

Originally Posted by mozartmaid
I've just caught up! Such a fun story! And this cliffy was perfect. Can't wait to see where you take them from here! smile
Thanks. There are no more cliffhangers to make you go jawdrop or wildguy or shock . But you might get a few party or dance or laugh or jump or love

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There are no more cliffhangers to make you go jawdrop or wildguy or shock . But you might get a few party or dance or laugh or jump or love
Why am I not believing her? [Linked Image]

Thank you for throwing in a 'Clark takes care of Lois while she's sick' plot line. I believe I requested one of those at one point in some challenge or another. I'm amazed that Perry didn't send in the troops when she didn't show up at the DP (of course, Clark was there to tell him about Lois's illness, but still...)

Yes, Clark deserves the Mad Dog house for not picking her up at the airport. Although, had they agreed that he would? Or had she just expected that he would and asked him to in one of her 5 messages and never heard back from him?

One thing that troubled me from the previous part when Lois was a bombing victim. If Clark is Clark but not Superman (as she suspects), and he hears over the phone that his fiancee has been bombed, why isn't he on the next plane to Coast City to be there for her? Why is he waiting around Metropolis? How would he be able to continue working and pumping out mayor press conference stories (for example) not knowing the health of his partner? I could easily see Lois thinking that Clark doesn't care for her for more than a friend because of his lack of action.

Love the ending cliffhanger. More please. grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

You think?
[Linked Image]

Then landed in a dumpster and the sky went dark?
evil
LOIS: *Again*?

Um. I think that kind of pregnancy only happened once in history. Abut 2000 years ago.
rotflol

Does he WANT to solve it? You already pointed out the benefits of wearing a white blouse!
Yes, but…Let’s think for a moment that Clark wouldn’t be using heat vision to dry her up so he doesn’t expose himself to her. What other options would he have when her clothes are soaking wet and he needs to make sure she’s not longer covered in those…? evil

It was comedy! She doesn't really have it on her CV.
No? Oh. My bad. blush

Well, he's just found the woman he loves almost naked!!!!!

But then again she's collapsed on the bathroom floor and doesn't seem to be up to any *you know*.
Putting a sock on the door knob?

Hey. It's only Lois that thinks he's oblivious to her near nakedness. In reality Clark ... notices everything.
evil
CLARK: wallbash

Sound like a fantastic investigation. Will the DP publish anything about aliens? Or will the two weeks end up being a complete bust?
PERRY: No, Lois. We can’t publish this bit here about his stamina. And no, those photos of Superman’s naked torso are also not proper material for the frontpage of the Daily Planet. /continues reading/ He…What? Absolutely *NO* Lois! This wouldn’t even get published by Love Fortress International. What *have* you been thinking?
LOIS: drool

Just for those of you who missed it ... it's turned into an affectionate name over the 8 years, rather than an insult.
[Linked Image]

Yet she stopped when they got engaged! Anyone figure out why?
Umm…because she is now facing the reality of a platonic marriage?
LOIS-FROM-PLATONIC: Like the Kryptonian goddess of corporeal love?

With the amount of hair he's losing over these two I think we need a hair pulling smiley for Perry rather than wallbash!
laugh

LOIS: *frowns concerned* Yeah?
CLARK: Well I was thinking we could set up the guest room that way. For when your folks visit.
rotflol

Sorry, did I not warn you about the 3/4 mark cliffhanger? I'm sure I did.
thud

So is this a vote for quicker posting?
Well…there’s always a silent vote for that.

Or a worry that I won't post while I'm away?
[Linked Image]

Internet is available on holiday and my laptop is going with me.
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still catching up and laughing all the way! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Why am I not believing her? [Linked Image]
I have no idea. I have claimed all along that Lois would not have the 'mad' reaction to the Superman revelation. Was I telling the truth?

Thank you for throwing in a 'Clark takes care of Lois while she's sick' plot line. I believe I requested one of those at one point in some challenge or another. I'm amazed that Perry didn't send in the troops when she didn't show up at the DP (of course, Clark was there to tell him about Lois's illness, but still...)
Didn't know about that challenge, but glad it gave you the scenes you were looking for. grin

Yes, Clark deserves the Mad Dog house for not picking her up at the airport. Although, had they agreed that he would? Or had she just expected that he would and asked him to in one of her 5 messages and never heard back from him?
He knew. It's one of those many things where he has had to let her down, and hates it.

One thing that troubled me from the previous part when Lois was a bombing victim. If Clark is Clark but not Superman (as she suspects), and he hears over the phone that his fiancee has been bombed, why isn't he on the next plane to Coast City to be there for her? Why is he waiting around Metropolis? How would he be able to continue working and pumping out mayor press conference stories (for example) not knowing the health of his partner? I could easily see Lois thinking that Clark doesn't care for her for more than a friend because of his lack of action.
Lets just say that the phone call I wrote out here was short and to the point due to Lois being overwhelmed. She didn't come home (beginning of this chapter) until a few days later and they will have talked more, and she will have expected him to elaborate on why he was just 'working through the afternoon'. Clark will have told her (truthfully - but also misleadingly) that he was working on the bombing. He would definitely have let her know that he was worried, that he didn't forget her, but he also found out fairly soon that she was safe and hardly injured at all. He found it out personally himself at the bombing site, but would lead her to believe that he found out when she phoned him from the hospital and left a message.

Love the ending cliffhanger. More please. grovel
grin

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
rotflol
grin

Yes, but…Let’s think for a moment that Clark wouldn’t be using heat vision to dry her up so he doesn’t expose himself to her. What other options would he have when her clothes are soaking wet and he needs to make sure she’s not longer covered in those…? evil
Plenty of food for naughty imaginations there...

PERRY: No, Lois. We can’t publish this bit here about his stamina. And no, those photos of Superman’s naked torso are also not proper material for the frontpage of the Daily Planet. /continues reading/ He…What? Absolutely *NO* Lois! This wouldn’t even get published by Love Fortress International. What *have* you been thinking?
LOIS: drool
rotflol

So is this a vote for quicker posting?
Well…there’s always a silent vote for that.
Sorry that I decided not to go ahead with the faster posting. frown

Originally Posted by Morgana
Still catching up and laughing all the way! smile1
Good. It's the only story I've written that was supposed to keep you laughing most of the way through.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard