Honeymoon in Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

This is a sequel to PML - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

Lois and Clark now live in Clark's ‘old' apartment.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Previously:

With a chagrined smile, she said, "Oh, yeah. Superman doesn't need binoculars. You've got your vision gizmo."

He snickered at the term she used and agreed, "Yeah, with my vision gizmo, I don't need those."

Lifting the binoculars back up to her eyes, she asked, "Can you hear them with your hearing thingie?"

He chuckled again and said, "I wish I could. We're too far away, they are talking too softly and there is just too much background noise."

She indicated the audio set up by waving her hand in its general direction while continuing to watch and said, "Turn that up, would you?"

Clark turned to the audio device and turned up a dial. Suddenly the voices of Harrington and his companion filled the room. They could see the same tough with them that had been there previously, but he wasn't saying anything.

As they watched, Harrington handed the other a large envelope and as he did they also heard, "That's the last of the system specs. I'll have the information on the testing for you tomorrow. Dates, procedures, the whole thing."

For the first time they heard the voice of the other man as he asked, "Good. What about the new vote?"

Harrington was exasperated and it could be heard in his voice as he replied, "I can't initiate a re-vote until after the test results are analyzed and the plan rejected. Hopefully ..."

The other said, "'Hopefully' isn't good enough. That's why I bought insurance … you.

For the first time, they had a name to put to the face as Harrington replied, "You don't own me, Roarke."

Roarke, to show Harrington just who had the power grabbed him, pushed him against the wall and then grabbed his collar, making it difficult for Harrington to breathe as he said, in a deadly tone, "I own you lock, stock, and re-election fund, Mr. Chairman. Never forget that."

In order to keep his apparent boss from doing something he would regret, the other man dragged Roarke away from Harrington.

Once Harrington was able to get his breath again, he stood up and straightened his clothes.

After a few seconds, Harrington said, somewhat shakily, "I only meant... are you sure you can pull this off?"

With a smirk Roarke replied, "I guarantee it."

With a worried look, Harrington continued, "Because if you don't, what ... will happen to me?"

With a sneer, Roarke said, "Pray you never find out."

Roarke's implied threat lent wings to Harrington's feet and he left, rather hurriedly.

After the door had closed behind Harrington, Roarke and his henchman both burst out in laughter.

Lois and Clark had been very interested observers of this little drama as it had unfolded. Some of their questions had been answered. They now knew that the second man's name was Roarke, although they didn't know how to spell it, but there was still a bigger mystery that hadn't been revealed.

Lois turned to her husband and asked, "Clark, what would you say if I said that I don't have a clue what they're talking about, but that, whatever it is, I think it's even bigger than I originally thought."

Clark nodded and said, "I'd say … you're absolutely right."

"Well, I guess we'll have to hope that they meet again, tomorrow night." Lois released a jaw cracking yawn and said, "I think the show's over for tonight. Let's go to bed."

"I'm right behind you,” he said.

Looking over her shoulder and giving him a wanton look, Lois said, "Ohhhh, we haven't tried that position yet."

Clark hugged her back to his very interested front and whispered in her ear, “Your wish is my command, my lady.”

Lois was still giggling as seconds later, they were in bed together.

And Now:

Chapter 4

The next morning found Lois and Clark in bed together, arms and legs entangled and somewhere along the line they had both removed their nightwear and so the only covering they had was the silky sheet.

Clark awoke first and disentangled himself without disturbing Lois. He stood at the side of the bed and looked down at her. She was lying there, very peacefully. Her steady, slow breathing causing her breasts to move under the soft covering which clung to her figure almost like his spandex Suit clung to his skin. He could see every curve in perfect relief. As he watched he could feel himself becoming aroused again and decided that in order to allow Lois some extra sleep he would have to either take a cold shower, maybe a dip in the Arctic Ocean would be better or else do some exercises. Since the exercises wouldn't take him away from his lover he decided to do some push-ups.

He floated horizontal and then lowered himself to the floor. Once he was in position he started doing the push-ups, going faster and faster until he was moving at superspeed. It required concentration, because in order to do it right he had to use his flying ability to bring himself down to the low position. He was moving faster than gravity acted and had to compensate for that lack. He was already into the thousands, when he heard Lois stir.

Lois sat up and the silky sheet fell from her body revealing her nude condition. She leaned over the side of the bed to look at her husband. She saw what he was doing and said, "Stop … right … there."

He froze in the up position and cocked his head to her.

She scrambled out of bed and laying down on the floor, on her back, scootched under him. Once in position she said, "Okay, now, down, slowly." Her hands were busy as he lowered himself. She sighed in contentment as her plan came to fruition. She locked her legs around his hips and her arms around his back. He then floated them up and onto the bed.

After they finished, they lay in each other's arms and cuddled for a while. Clark had a silly smile on his face and Lois asked, "What?"

Clark's reply didn't satisfy her, "Oh, nothing."

She became more emphatic because she knew that it wasn't nothing. He was holding out on her, "What?"

Clark smiled again and said, "Oh, it's really nothing. It's just that, well, you look absolutely beautiful, for first thing in the morning. Especially after …"

She snuggled deeper into his arms and sighing said, "I'm contented. I have a husband that loves me and that I love. We just had marvelous sex …"

Clark interrupted, "Lois, I wouldn't say that …"

"Well, I thought it was. Didn't you?"

"No … What I mean is yes, but I wouldn't just call it sex. We make love. It's a whole different thing."

She started nuzzling his neck and said, "Oh, I see what you mean and yes, I agree. We make beautiful love together. The best ever."

"You can have sex, without love, but we have it all."

With a smirk she replied, "Do we ever."

Ever the practical one, Lois reached for the phone and said, "Let's take advantage of Perry's largess and order some coffee from room service."

"Let's order more than coffee. It's almost lunchtime. Let's order breakfast as well."

After ordering room service Clark had dismantled the surveillance equipment at super speed and stowed it in the bedroom.

Lois and Clark were still in their robes when there was a knock on the door.

When Clark answered the door a cart was pushed in. Lois was sitting on the sofa with her feet propped up on the coffee table and the short robe rode up and displayed her shapely legs.

The first thing that the person pushing the cart in saw was Lois and he stopped in mid-stride and leered at the display of her legs.

Clark took the bill folder and scribbled his name

Lois heard a gasp and when she looked over she spotted … Phil! She deliberately lowered her legs and stood up. She started slowly crossing the room in his direction and she had mayhem in her eyes.

Clark quickly interposed himself and stopped Lois.

Realizing that this had been a big mistake and that he was pushing his luck, Phil started looking for a way out and then he noticed the feathers scattered all over the floor and the ruptured pillow. His jaw dropped open. He was having a hard time envisioning a position that would have resulted in the mess that he was looking at. He quipped, "Whoa, tough night?" Even as he said it, he realized it had been a mistake because; Lois started to struggle with Clark, trying to get past him and at Phil. He heard her say, "Let me at him!"

Clark struggled to restrain Lois and looking over his shoulder saw the look in his eyes however and said, "I fell asleep on the couch watching the game. I'm a … heavy sleeper."

Knowing that discretion is the better part of valor, Phil beat a hasty retreat forgetting to ask for a tip once again.

Lex Luthor had just spent the last hour in conference with his scientists at Luthor Technologies. He was concerned and making a final check with them about their latest project. There was a not so small fortune in Luthor money tied up in this project and it just had to perform as advertised if he wasn't going to lose it all.

Now he was in the back of his limousine. Nigel was driving, but even Nigel, trusted lieutenant though he was, needed to be kept in the dark on some things so the privacy barrier was up between the driver's and passenger's compartments while Lex was on the phone.

"Yes, Admiral, my staff at Luthor Technologies will be available to you both during and after the test."

He listened for a second and then replied, "Um hmm. As agreed, we'll delay our combined statement to the media concerning Shock Wave until *after* the results are in. Naturally I expect nothing less than total success."

He listened again before replying, "I look forward to that, Admiral.

Lex hung up the phone and then reached into the fridge pulling out a bottle of mineral water. He picked up a glass from a nearby rack, poured the water in and simply stared at it briefly. He was thinking about the aftermath of the dinner. The dinner he'd had planned for Lois and what had happened were preying on his mind. He couldn't believe that she had informed him that she was married … and to of all people … that bumpkin … Kent. All of his plans were now going to be so much more complicated. First he would have to get rid of Kent. That would have to be handled delicately, very delicately. Absolutely no possibility of it being traced back to him could exist. It must look like an accident or a mugging. Something so common that his involvement couldn't even be suspected.

He hadn't had any alcoholic beverages since that night. He had shown weakness then. He had emptied the bottle. Never again!

After breakfast, Lois and Clark had dressed and after stowing the equipment back in their bags they headed for the Planet.

Once there they went into the conference room and called in Jimmy so that they could find out if the Identafile program had provided any answers and Cat because of her knowledge of Congressman Harrington.

Lois addressed Jimmy first, "Okay, we got a name. It might help with the Identafile. Roarke. I'm not sure how it is spelled. Check any variants you can come up with."

Clark added, "That's just the first piece. We also need to know what ‘systems' they’re talking about and what test."

Lois took the next bit, "Don't forget the 'vote.' We should get our hands on every available record of every vote taken by Harrington's committee for the past...

Jimmy suggested, "Six months!" He smiled and added, "Already on it." Jimmy left the conference room.

Catherine Grant, author of ‘Cat's Corner' the ‘Gossip Columnist' of the Daily Planet in the past had earned Lois Lane's ire. Thinking back on it, she couldn't blame Cat for being attracted to Clark. Now she knew the truth of the matter that all of her attempts to seduce Clark had failed. Lois still felt the need to make the occasional jab at her and her lifestyle, but in this instance, this investigation, she was proving to be more than a gossip columnist, she might just turn out to be a valuable asset to the team.

As if to prove that point, Cat made the comment, "Gotta be something big. Congressmen don't sell out for less than big."

Jimmy walked back in and said, "I ran Roarke, Rorke, Roark and a few other variations, name and picture through every program the Daily Planet has access to ... nothin'. The man's a ghost."

Clark asked, "What about Apocalypse Consulting?"

Jimmy replied, "Another dead end. No bank accounts or transactions that I can trace." Jimmy checked his note pad before he continued, "Apocalypse moved in a couple months ago. Paid off a five year lease on the offices in advance."

Cat quipped, "Business must be good."

Lois was starting to show her frustration, "What business?"

Just as Lois was asking that particular question, Perry entered the conference room where they were gathered. His expression showed that he was very pleased with himself. He picked a photo of Roarke in a dinner jacket from the folder he was carrying. As if to say, ‘This old dog can still bite,' he dropped it on the table and announced, "Thaddeus Roarke, R … o … a … r … k … e. International arms dealer, electronic weapons system analyst, entrepreneur, and general bad boy. Last known base of operations … Beirut, Lebanon."

They were all flabbergasted at this revelation.

Jimmy and Lois tied for being the first to be able to speak, "How'd you … Where'd you ..."

Perry, as if he were addressing a class of novice journalists replied, "Sources, boys and girls, sources. The life blood of journalism."

Eying the photo and seeing that it wasn't a standard glossy print such as they would have in the photo archive. Cat gave in to her curiosity and picking up the picture turned it over. She read what was on the reverse and blurted out, "People Magazine?"

Realizing that his secret had been exposed, Perry said, “Here, give me that,” grabbed the photo and dropped it back into the folder.

Clark summarized the salient points, "Arms dealer, House Defense Committee. Makes sense."

Realizing the absolute gravity of the situation, Perry said, "Now team, we should talk about this. A scoop's a scoop, but if we're into something that impacts on national security, we have to bring in the Federales."

Dismayed at the prospect of losing what could possibly be the scoop of the century, Lois blurted out, "Now?"

Perry relented, somewhat, "No. When the time's right. So far we have more questions than answers." He looked around and saw nods of agreement all around. "Let's do some brain-storming. I'd like to hear some theories."

Jimmy was the first one willing to offer a theory, "Okay. The Defense Department is about to test some new weapons system and Roarke wants to know about it."

Going along with that theme, Clark offered, "So he bribes Harrington to pass him the information."

Lois added, "But from what we saw Harrington is also afraid of Roarke."

Clark suggested an alternative, "Or maybe afraid of what Roarke will do once he has the information."

No one added anything even though Perry looked from one to the other around the group. Like a General marshaling his troops, Perry finally said, "Seems to me we should be doing some legwork to back up our surveillance." Perry looked at Cat significantly as he asked, "Cat, do you think you can find Congressman Harrington and stick with him?"

Cat was somewhat indignant that Perry had any doubts as to her ability to follow through on an assignment like this and it came out in her voice, "Like … super-glue."

Next Perry turned to Jimmy and gave him his unique assignment, "Jimmy, the next time Roarke shows …"

Enjoying being part of the team and not being treated as the lowly gofer, Jimmy smiled and nodded, "Got him."

Perry next turned his attention back to his top reporting team and asked, "You two need any help with the surveillance?"

Lois answered for them, "We can handle it, Chief."

"Okay, but if you need more equipment or personnel, let me know. You have two more days. Make the most of them."

Lois quipped, "Trust me, Chief. We will."

Perry was quick to reply, "Hey, hey, hey, remember, you're on the Planet's dime. Save the hanky-panky for your own time."

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 08/15/14 10:44 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj