Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks to Mike M and LabRat there’s a handy TOC, in case you missed a prior chapter or need to re-read something. Chapter 44 will be posted Sunday morning. Only ten more to go!

Thank you for all your comments along the way! What do you think of this chapter?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Totally cute and awesome!!! Great story. I'm happy there is more to come.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely great chapter, smiling all the way through.

Lois had some great lines in here:
"Smallville: alien baby laundering capital of the world,” and
"I might have said something about Krypton using Earth as a dumping ground for refugee children."

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments!!

“Cute” was definitely one of the goals for this story. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Wait a minute,” interrupted Kevin. “Your treehouse is the ‘Fortress of Solitude’?!”

“Yeah. I guess I used to brood a lot when I was young, about being different from all the other kids.” Clark smiled. “I liked the sound of it at the time.”

“But—”

“Can we get on with the story, Kevin?” asked Megan, rolling her eyes.

Kara sighed. No crystal palace in the Arctic.

I burst out laughing during this exchange.

“Smallville: alien baby laundering capital of the world,” observed Lois.

Another classic line! rotflol

“I’ve missed you so much! I’m so sorry you had to wait so long. Has school been OK? Have you been eating all right? I mean, not that you need to… Did that bas… jerk hurt you when he kidnapped you? Aside from the Kryptonite? Has your foster family been good to you? Oh, your uniform is adorable…”

I can just see Lois gushing over the uniform. After all, their world doesn't have the luxury of Supergirl comic books. And probably not Superman comic books either, since he's a real person and they would run into all sorts of trouble. smile

“I don’t know how many times I’ve had to say this, but I did not get to be editor of this newspaper because I can yodel. Jimmy and I have been workin’ with Clark for over seven years now. We’re not completely oblivious, you know.”

No, they just give a good impression of being completely oblivious because it's less uncomfortable for everyone that way.

“Well, well,” said Mom. “I guess there’s intelligent life in Washington after all.”

Are you *sure* this is our universe? There is apparently no intelligent life in Washington at this time (and frankly, all the time.) wallbash

This chapter wins the "most funny lines in one post" competition!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard