The day started out perfect.

Lois awoke to her phone buzzing with a message, making a clanky buzzing sound on the nightstand. For only the shortest of moments was she agitated until she opened her phone and saw the text: ‘What do you say we get married today?’

She grinned and then stretched, her heart already beginning to race with excitement. Lois opened up the curtains to the Talon, where Chloe still stayed on occasions when Oliver was out of town. The sun was shining brightly, and as she looked up in the sky, there was nothing but big, fluffy white clouds. Lois sighed happily, and headed to the kitchen to get some coffee.

Chloe was already cooking up breakfast. “Breakfast of champions for the big day,” Chloe said, handing Lois a fresh cup of coffee and a plate with pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausages.

Lois smiled as she settled her breakfast plate and coffee on the island bar. “You are totally the best Maid of Honor ever!”

“I try,” Chloe smiled in return. Then she started on the list of things to do before they headed to the chapel at eleven.

Lois put up her hand to stop her cousin. “Usually I am all about the details of a time line of tasks. But today… I just want to enjoy it.”

~L&C~

Sam Lane got a call just as he was about to get dressed for his little girl’s wedding. He hoped everything would go smoothly today, especially after what happened the last time.

Sam glanced at his cell phone. The base was calling him on a Saturday, which must mean something important. He hesitated, tempted to ignore the call, but he knew there would be other consequences if it was indeed something important, and he wasn’t someone who would neglect his duty.

“General Lane here,” he answered begrudgingly.

“Sir, you are needed on Base right away,” said the urgent voice.

“It’s my daughter’s wedding day. How urgent is it?”

“Sir, there have been seismic tremors felt across the country for the last twenty-four to forty-eight hours. They’ve brought in scientists from all over, and NASA has spotted something –a—a planet, moving towards Earth. Sir, your daughter may not even have her wedding today.”

“I’m on my way,” he grumbled, and then slammed down the phone on his dresser. “Damn,” he said, shaking his head.

He didn’t want to worry Lois though. Maybe this was all a hoax or they had the data wrong. Besides, he had plenty of his buddies coming that knew Lois very well. They wouldn’t be needed on base, he was sure. But he had to check out what was happening.

And maybe, if it wasn’t as urgent as they thought, he’d make the wedding.

But as he started putting on his uniform, he had a feeling that wouldn’t happen.

~L&C~

Lois stood in front of the mirror, admiring herself in her wedding dress. With Martha Kent’s permission, she had taken her wedding dress and her mother’s wedding dress, and had a local designer meld the two into one dress. The fitted bodice was covered in lace, a delicate floral pattern, accented with pearls. The material from her mother’s gown was used as a wrap around the bodice and lower torso, ending with a wide bow at the hip, the rest of the material falling into a full skirt.

She felt beautiful, and oh so happy.

Chloe and Martha helped her with her hair and makeup, while Joel played in his portable playpen. Lois couldn’t help checking on him every few minutes, remembering what happened last time.

“Are you sure you don’t mind carrying him, Chloe?” Lois asked for the third time. “Cause I’ll take him…”

“Lois, it will be fine. Besides, that bouquet is large enough. You are the one getting married. Don’t worry about our little man. You just focus on marrying Clark.”

Lois took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. “I know… you’re right. How much longer till show time?”

Martha swept back in, having just delivered Clark his boutonniere. “Twenty minutes. The boys are ready. How about you, Lois? Are you ready?”

Lois turned in the mirror. Her hair and makeup looked great, but she knew Martha was asking about more than just her appearance.

Lois nodded. “I’m ready.”

~L&C ~

Oliver entered the church, hoping everything would go well for his two best friends today. But he was feeling a little uncertain, having heard some strange weather anomalies mentioned on the radio. Tess had told him about some research she had been doing on Darkseid, and it seemed that the omega symbols burned into people’s foreheads was drawing something to earth. Oliver shut her down after that, not wanting to get overly worried about something before Lois and Clark’s big day, but he knew they’d have to fight Darkseid sooner or later.

And if it so happened that it was sooner, he wanted to be prepared. He brought the Bow of Orion with him to the church, just in case.

As he was coming out of the area behind the altar, Oliver tripped, and dropped the pillow with the wedding rings. A man in a military uniform reached down and picked it up for him.

“Thanks,” Oliver said sheepishly, embarrassed that he had been so clumsy.

“No problem,” answered the soldier, moving into his seat. The man’s eyes seemed a little lifeless, but Oliver shrugged off the odd exchange, not wanting to read anything into it.

Oliver looked around the room, noticing that most of the guests had already filed in. Mrs. Kent was already seated, but Oliver noticed that Lois’ father hadn’t shown up yet. Oliver turned to the man who had handed him the rings. “Have you seen General Lane here, sir?”

The man shook his head. “No, I’m afraid he was called in for duty this morning.”

Oliver didn’t like the sound of that. Either it meant that Sam Lane thought work was more important than his daughter’s wedding, or there was something to what Tess had told him the other day. Oliver tampered down his worry, and went to check on Clark.

He just hoped they could all get through this wedding…

~L&C~

Clark fixed his bowtie for the third time, going through his vows in his head. Everything felt right about marrying Lois, but he couldn’t help but feel that there was some other threat to their happiness that he just didn’t see.

He had scanned the chapel twice before heading in, and he had heard a blurb on the radio about tremors affecting the area early this morning, but nothing had been on the news since. He thought he was being paranoid, but he didn’t want anything to get in the way of marrying the woman he loved.

“Clark, you ready? I’ve got the rings,” said Oliver, standing in the doorway.

Clark turned around. “How do I look?”

“Like a million bucks… “ Oliver smiled, but then shifted nervously on his feet. “Uh, but I just noticed---Lois’ dad isn’t out there. I checked with your mom and she hasn’t seen him either.”

Clark sighed, hoping this wouldn’t spell the end of their wedded bliss before it had begun.
Then, an idea struck him. “Don’t tell Lois. And don’t let my mom or Chloe say anything.
Send Lois out. I’ll take care of the rest.”

Oliver shrugged, “All right. You’re the boss. See you out there in five.”

~L&C~

Finally, it was time. Lois headed to the sanctuary, with Chloe right behind her. Mrs. K had already gone in and sat down, but Lois hadn’t seen her father anywhere.

Lois stood at the entrance, about to walk down the aisle, when she realized two things: her father wasn’t there to walk her down the aisle and her groom wasn’t standing at the altar.

She felt herself about to panic, feeling very confused and alone, when suddenly, a warm, solid hand slipped into hers.

She glanced up and saw Clark, smiling down at her. “Ready?” he whispered.

She nodded, grinning, feeling happy relief all over. “Ready.”

As the string quartet began playing Pachelbel’s Canon, they started walking down the aisle together. Lois got goosebumps, feeling like they were finally taking the first real steps of their journey together.

They reached the altar, but Clark didn’t let go of her hand as they stood facing each other and the pastor began the ceremony.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, to join these two in holy matrimony…” he droned on, while Lois and Clark stared into each other’s eyes, drinking in the moment.

At last, it came time for their vows. Clark, as tradition dictated, went first. "I, Clark Kent, take you, Lois Lane, to be my companion, forever. With you by my side I will never be alone. Though the world sees a strong and independent woman, I've never known someone with such gentle grace and more pure heart,” he said, squeezing her hand gently. “When I've been lost you've always been there to bring me back, so on this day, at this moment, I pledge the rest of my life to you. You've always believed in me, and I believe in you,” he said, thinking of every moment she had stood by him, whether she knew his secret or not. Lois had always been there for him, and he wanted to always be there for her. “When you believe in someone it's not for a minute, or just for now, it's forever."

Lois struggled to hold back happy tears, preparing herself to say her own vows. She had practiced them over and over, and yet, saying them to Clark directly filled her with emotion.

"I wanted these vows to be perfect, but perfection is a hard thing to get your hands on. But life is meant to be a little messy, and when it comes to love I think it's like my dad always said about the army: You only sign up if it's the only thing you could ever imagine doing.” She choked up a bit, but held onto Clark’s hand for strength, seeking his eyes and their connection to help her continue. “Clark, I cannot imagine spending a moment of my life without you. I promise that I will always have your back, as you will always have mine. You're my best friend, you're my home, and you are my true love, and I am yours and will be forever," she said, her voice only faltering through her tears, though her eyes conveyed how deeply she felt her commitment, and she saw the same resolve reflected back in his eyes.

The pastor nodded to Oliver to bring forth the rings. Joel was shifting restlessly in Chloe’s hold, suddenly trying to reach out and grab at the rings on the small, cream pillow.

Distracted from her bliss by her son, Lois looked down at the rings for the first time, seeing that Clark’s looked a little odd… It was a golden, sparkly color, but not like her own solid band. Time seemed to stop as she processed what it was, and Superman’s warning came back to her before she had jumped time, ‘Lois! Don’t let him touch the gold ring!’

At the time, she had thought he meant the Legion ring, but seeing Joel grab for the gold ring before her, she suddenly knew, that something horrible would happen if either Joel or Clark touched the ring. Her arms went up, pushing Joel back on one side, and her hand landing on Clark’s chest on the other.

“Lois, what is it?” Clark asked worriedly.

“I think… I think the ring is gold K,” she said, wary of announcing kryptonite in front of everyone.

Suddenly, a soldier stood up in the congregation, his eyes dark as night. “Surrender to Darkseid!”

“Get everyone out – now!” cried Clark, immediately taking charge, as a sudden panic erupted in the sanctuary. Chloe took Joel behind the altar, where there was another door out. Oliver disappeared, and Clark whisked Lois away, only to blur back seconds later to face Darkseid’s minion.

“I will never surrender to Darkseid!” Clark stated firmly, standing his ground.

Suddenly, Oliver was at the front entrance, a golden bow and arrow shimmering in his hands. “You’ve had my back many times, Clark. Now, I’ve got yours.”

Oliver shot the arrow, Love, from Orion’s Bow, hitting Darkseid’s minion just above the heart, a master archer’s shot like when Lois had been attacked. It was a shot meant to maim, not kill. In a flash of light, an omega symbol appeared on Lt. Cable’s forehead, and then the blackness in his eyes emptied into tears, revealing his scared, brilliant blue eyes.

Oliver and Clark rushed to his side. “Always preserve a life,” Oliver said to Clark. “You taught me that.”

They helped Lt. Cable stand. “I’ll take him to the hospital. Because I think you now have a bigger problem on your hands,” Oliver said, pointing out the window.

Clark saw a large, black planet beginning to eclipse the sun. It must be Apokolips, the dark force that Darkseid had been drawing towards him.

“The world needs a hero now more than ever,” Oliver said, before carrying Lt. Cable out of the church.

~L&C~

Clark blurred to the farm, carrying Chloe and Joel. He had brought Lois and his mom here mere moments ago. Since defeating Darkseid’s minion, the skies had grown darker, and the news was covered with stories about atmospheric anomalies and seismic tremors.

Lois hugged Clark as soon as he entered the farmhouse. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, Oliver is too.”

Lois took his hand, and pulled him to see what was happening on television. “Panic is starting to set in, and the government hasn’t announced a plan yet.”

Martha came to stand by them, her cellphone in her hand. “The Joint Chiefs of Staff are in a meeting, but I have no idea what they’re planning. And I can’t get any answers at the Pentagon. No one is saying anything until the President makes a statement.”

Lois sighed. “I guess that’s why Dad didn’t make it here either.” Then she turned to Clark, and he could see the trust, the faith she had in him to save them all.

“Lois, if I—“ he began, but she hushed him with her fingers.

“Someone I greatly admire recently said to me that when you believe in someone it’s not just for a minute, or just for now – but it’s forever. Now, go save the world.”

She leaned up to kiss him. “We’ll be fine.”

~L&C~

Clark stared down at Joel, who looked around, worried at the obvious nervous energy in the room. Clark wanted a safe world for his son to grow up in. He knew he had to do everything in his power to make that happen.

He thought of his own father, and how Jonathan Kent had tried to make the world a better place, even if it was only through small acts. Clark had felt like his father was watching over him on his wedding day, and was encouraging him to take the lead on this one.

“You’re going to have to let Jor-El guide you from here on out, Clark,” he thought he heard his father’s voice say.

As Clark looked down on his innocent son, he thought about all that his own parents had done for him and taught him over the years. They had instilled in him a love of humanity, and a desire to do what is right. But he knew that it was Jor-El who had to help him now.

Clark looked outside, to try and judge how much time he had to get to the Fortress. But outside, he saw a strange figure heading towards the barn, an enemy he thought he had defeated long ago. It was Lex.

Clark rushed outside and followed Lex into the barn, but Lex wasn’t himself. When he spoke, his voice was altered, taken over by Darkseid.

“The lost son of Jor-El,” said the creature that looked like Lex.

“Darkseid,” Clark acknowledged. “My father sent me here to protect this planet. And I will fight you until my last breath.”

Through Lex’s visage, the creature sneered at Clark. “There must be a part of you that is disgusted by how easily your people fell to me,” Darkseid spoke, the sky behind him visibly becoming darker and turbulent.

“They may not be perfect, but I believe that even in the darkest soul there’s always hope,” Clark said, though he wondered if that was still true for Lex. They had once, a long time ago, been best friends. This Lex that stood before him now though, was only a shadow of the person Clark knew. He was probably a clone, easily used by Darkseid to deliver his message of destruction. “But people want to believe in something greater. And it may be easier to hate. But it’s stronger to love.”

“Is it?” said the demon derisively, assessing the strength of resolve of his opponent.
“Eons have passed since I have come face to face with a force that could possibly tip the balance to the light,” Darkseid said, his voice a hollow echo, a void. Darkseid lifted his hand, using an invisible force to hold Clark in a choke. “You are the light,” the creature in Lex’s form acknowledged, spitting the statement out like an epithet. “You will obliterate my darkness from the rest of the world if you are not stopped!”

Darkseid used his evil force, bringing Clark into his grasp. “You will surrender to me. You will lose your soul. I will annihilate you!” said the demon, casting Clark through the rafters of the barn.

As Clark was tossed into the wooden beams, the ethereal voice from a moment ago returned. This time he was convinced it really was his father. “You’re going to have to trust Jor-El from here on out, Clark.”

Suddenly, Clark was transported to the Fortress, and stood in a column of light. “You have always had the power within you, my son,” said the voice of Jor-El. All around Clark, were his memories, flittering by in images of light – things he had done, people he had saved, ways he had grown to be the man – the hero—he was today.

He recognized he had always had the strength within him, as Jor-El said. “These were my trials,” realized Clark.

“Your final trial is upon you, my son,” spoke Jor-El. For once, there wasn’t the condescending tone of authority in Jor-El’s voice, but Clark thought he heard true affection, and love for who Clark had become. “You are ready. Seize your destiny!”
All of a sudden Clark was back in the barn. Where he thought he was falling, he felt himself floating – flying, for the first time. And with that knowledge, he felt strength surge within him.

He knew that Lex was nothing more than a shadow, a form Darkseid had used. Darkseid himself had said Clark was the light, and the only way to break through the darkness, was to pierce it with light.

Clark swiftly flew through the form of Lex, shattering Darkseid like so much dust in the wind…

~L&C~

Clark flew to the Fortress – for the first time! The feeling was exhilarating, powerful, and humbling, because he could see the ever creeping Apokolips, which he knew he must stop.

He landed at the Fortress, ready to take the final step to meeting his destiny.

“Your journey has come to an end, Kal-El,” spoke the voice of Jor-El.

“I shouldn’t have tried to push away my Kryptonian side. My strength, is accepting it. Accepting you,” Clark acknowledged, knowing that his relationship with his Kryptonian father hadn’t always been on the best of terms.

“You honor me. A father’s pride cannot be measured in words. But know that I am proud of you, son.”

Clark let those words wash over him, recalling all the moments where he had wished to hear such words from Jor-El. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear you say that.”

“We have been on a long road together, Kal-El. One paved with difficult trials. Those trials are behind you now. Any father can only hope that he is one day humbled by the feats of his son,” Jor-El said, and Clark nodded, thinking of his own son, and what he hoped he would become. “But it is your soul, Kal-El, of which I am the most proud. You, and you alone, possess the courage and the determination-- and the compassion that will be required of you to lift the darkness from the earth.”

Suddenly, the rocky ground moved beside him, as ice and crystal shifted. There, in a crystalline case, was the suit his mom had gifted to him. Clark had no idea how it had gotten to the Fortress, but he knew that somehow there was something intrinsically special about the suit, and that Jor-El would be proud of him to wear it.

“I ask you to remember one thing: your abilities may be of my blood, but it is your time in Smallville and with Jonathan and Martha Kent, and all the people there, that made you a hero, Kal-El.”

Unexpectedly, it was an image or a ghost of his father, Jonathan Kent, that stood before him, holding the suit out to Clark. “Always hold onto Smallville, Clark,” he said humbly. As Clark took the suit, the image of his father melted away.

Clark knew that to be a hero meant more than parading around in tights or wearing a flashy costume. But the suit meant becoming the embodiment of the hero that he was meant to be. It blended the colors, the memories of growing up in Smallville, with the honor he brought to his Kryptonian heritage. As Lois said, it was a symbol.

Clark knelt down, ready to jump to the skies, to actually fly and defeat Apokolips. He started taking off upwards, as he spun around, up and out, and put on the suit for the very first time. It felt right, free, and triumphant. Clark felt like he could conquer the world – or, what was more in his nature, save it.

He flew at superspeed to Metropolis, where Apokolips was beginning to bear down on the earth, having a concentrated number of people branded with the omega symbol there.
Clark eyed the large orb, doubting himself for just a moment before accelerating his speed and crashing into the dark planet. He felt the weight of it sink into his shoulders, like Atlas, carrying the world. But Clark felt strength course through him, the strength of his past, and of his future. He felt he could hear the crowd below him, cheering on the mysterious hero, and that perhaps a few of his friends were cheering him on as well.
He knew Lois was probably watching on TV and getting ready to write the story of the century… And he hoped they could finish what they had started this morning. But it all depended on him defeating Apokolips. Clark felt the dark planet start to give, and its own momentum began to pull it in the opposite direction. Clark guided it, and then pushed it further, until eventually it was out in space…

Clark lingered above the earth for a moment, watching Apokolips disappear into the distant stars. The atmospheric change didn’t affect him as dramatically as he had expected, and he realized how much strength he truly had, and that he might only just be beginning to explore what he could accomplish.

He looked down at his adopted planet, which he had just saved from a major catastrophe. He felt humbled and proud all at once. He was given a great destiny, a great responsibility, and he would cherish and protect both with all that he was.

Clark started down towards the earth, back home, towards Smallville – where the next chapter of his life awaited.

~L&C~

Lois wished she had asked Clark to take her to Metropolis to cover all the excitement, though she got a pretty good idea of what was happening on the news.

Still, she was a newswoman and knew that Clark saving the world was the biggest story out there. And it was a chance to introduce the Blur to the world. When she knew they were all safe, she pulled out her laptop and started typing. But she knew Clark couldn’t go by the moniker The Blur any longer… it was time to introduce Metropolis and the world, to Superman.

Lois took her laptop to the porch, where she liked to work when she was on the farm. She was typing frantically, still in her wedding dress, her mouth dry with excitement as she recalled how everyone on TV was trying to figure out who the hero was that had saved the world.

“Miss Lane?” she heard a voice say.

Lois looked up from her laptop, and there was Clark, floating in front of the porch, larger than life. Her Superman.

She set the laptop aside and met him on the porch steps, a welcome smile on her face.

“You did it, Clark. You saved us all,” she said, reaching out to hug him.

“Lois, it was amazing—I –Lois, will you fly with me?” he asked suddenly, pulling out of their hug.

“Are you kidding?” she chortled. “Your mom is trying to settle Joel down for a nap…. I think we have time for a little flight,” Lois laughed, feeling giddy. Clark lifted her up, and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “What a super man…” she whispered in awe, leaning up to give him a kiss as they took off to the skies.

Clark cradled her close to him as they flew across the sky. The sky was a swirl of purples and golds, the atmosphere still disrupted from the near collision with Apokolips.

“So, where are we going?” she asked, staring and marveling at the man she loved.

“Well, I thought we might continue where we left off earlier today…”

Clark held Lois even closer to him as he suddenly went into superspeed mode. They stopped when they were inside Watchtower.

There, Oliver, Chloe, and Sam Lane were waiting for them.

“Daddy! You’re all right!” Lois said, rushing over to give her father a hug.

“All thanks to –well, I don’t feel right calling him Clark in that, uh, uniform,” Sam said, reaching over to shake Clark’s hand.

“Then you can call him Superman. Soon that’s what the whole world will be calling him,” Lois said, grinning.

“Looks like you’ve finally arrived, Clark,” said Oliver, patting Clark on the shoulder. “You did good out there. All us little people were rooting for you.”

“I couldn’t have done any of it without you guys. Especially Lois,” he said, his eyes seeking hers.

Chloe suddenly stepped forward. “So, end of the world disaster averted, would you two like to still get married?”

Lois and Clark smiled at each other. “Yes, please,” answered Lois.

“I got certified to officiate weddings while you were off saving the planet. Thought it might come in handy,” Chloe said with a wink.

“And I’d like to officially give the bride away, since I missed my chance this morning,” Sam offered.

They quickly arranged themselves so that Sam could hand off Lois to Clark, while Oliver stood at Clark’s side. Chloe handed Lois her veil.

“Good thing frantic disasters left me no time to change out of my wedding dress,” Lois said, grinning happily.

Lois turned to Clark, in all his resplendent regalia, though she only saw the man that she knew and loved.

“Let’s keep this short and sweet, just in case there’s another looming disaster somewhere,” Lois nodded to Chloe to get the ceremony started.

“Do you, Clark Kent, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, till death do you part?” Chloe asked, standing between her two favorite people in the world, a grin on her face.

“I do,” said Clark, infusing all the love he felt for Lois in those two simple words.
Oliver handed Clark Lois’ ring. “Both rings are fine. I double checked this time,” Oliver
stage whispered.

Clark took the ring and placed it on Lois’ finger, then he held her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“And do you, Lois Lane, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold till death do you part?”

“I do,” Lois answered, her heart full, feeling tears in her eyes. She took the other ring from Oliver, and then slipped it on Clark’s hand.

“Then by the power vested in me by the City of Metropolis, I now declare you husband and wife!” Chloe said triumphantly. “You may now kiss the bride!”

Clark gently laid a palm on Lois’ face as their eyes met, then he slowly leaned down to kiss her, receiving cheers and claps from their family and friends.

“We did it!” Lois whooped triumphantly, wrapping her arms around her husband. “I almost didn’t think it would happen.”

“I’m glad we made it happen. But Lois, you have to know that you’ve been the wife of my heart for quite a while now,” he whispered, as they stood in their own little world, while their friends opened champagne and turned on some dance music.

“And you’ve been my husband… you’re my heart, Clark,” she whispered in answer, reaching up to kiss him again.

Suddenly, Clark pulled away, seeming to hear something in the distance.

“Already?” Lois sighed. “What is it now?”

“A fire… sounds pretty bad. I’m sorry, Lois—“ he said apologetically, starting to pull away.

Lois shook her head. “Don’t apologize. I knew what I was signing up for. Just – come back to me.”

His palm cupped her jaw as he leaned down for another quick kiss. “Always,” he breathed, before blurring away in a streak of red and blue.

Lois felt her father’s hand rest on her shoulder. “I’m sorry, honey.”

“I’m not,” she said, watching Superman fly off in a blur of red and blue. “It’s what Clark does. And why I love him. He’s my hero—and I wouldn’t have him any other way.”

~L&C~

Epilogue

“Joel? Did you do your homework?” Lois called up the stairs after her son who had just supersped in the house from playing outside.

“Yes, mom!” he called back down.

“Can you help with the cooking? Your father will be home soon and I haven’t had a moment to breathe since I flew in from Washington.”

Joel was suddenly by Lois’ side in the kitchen. “Just tell me what to do.”

Lois gave her son some instructions, and watched as he cooked chicken with his heat vision and stirred mashed potatoes with his hands – which she made sure he washed beforehand. Joel had mastered many of his powers, thanks to Clark’s guidance. He still couldn’t fly on purpose, but Lois and Clark often caught him floating in his sleep.

Still he was only eight years old, and in a few years, things might become more complicated for him. But Lois and Clark were determined to help him every step of the way, just like the Kents had helped Clark.

Lois slipped off her heels as she supervised her son and went over her notes from interviewing the President in Washington. There was an election coming up next year, and both her and Clark were trying to figure out how to stop the country from re-electing a Lex Luthor clone to the White House.

She sighed, when she suddenly felt a breeze and two strong hands massaging her shoulders.

“Missed you,” she whispered, turning her neck to kiss her husband.

“You’ll never believe what happened at the office today,” Clark said, moving around the kitchen as he helped Joel finish making dinner. “You showed up.”

“Me? What do you—“ but suddenly, she remembered. Her trip to the future. “Wow… that all had seemed so—far off to me then. It’s hard to imagine that now we’re here,” she marveled.

“I know… it’s been a bumpy ride—“ Clark said, coming over to her side to give her another kiss.

“—but it’s been my favorite trip,” she whispered happily, wrapping her arms around Clark once more.

~The End~

Last edited by mozartmaid; 08/17/14 04:24 PM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink