Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments. Lois and Clark have both decided something important! What do you think?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Update!
The Bomb
What a blast this is going to be!

“Lois,” Clark shouted down the phone. “LOIS!” He stood up from his desk in shock.
He’s not very good with bombs, is he?

Lois experienced the fastest lifetime recap ever as the chunk of ceiling dropped.
Huh. I’d thought she’d be more used to those by now. Also, what’s she got to recap? Aside from the recent one-week engagement?

Mom drinking, Dad leaving, looking after Lucy, college, work, more work, award,
See? laugh

Somehow the ceiling missed Lois by inches, smashing to the floor just to her right but crushing her phone.
Let’s hope she wasn’t holding on to it at the time.

A second explosion rocked the building again at that moment and Lois watched as supporting columns in the lobby began to collapse around her.
ANNOUCMENT: Please leave the building in an orderly fashion. You will be hearing loud bangs and notice our cleaning staff is a bit behind on their work…

this time desperately dodging multiple chunks of falling concrete.
This is like an arcade game, isn’t it?

Just as she made it to a gaping hole in the wall she was struck from behind, something impacting on her skull.
[Linked Image] Did one of the terrorists shoot her with a gun? You only mentioned a lack of amnesia. You never said she’d survive. And there’s several movies out there dealing with deceased loved ones returning to haunt the living.

The closer he got to Coast City the more he tried to focus on Lois’ heartbeat.
He does realize that her heartbeat is still from the past, right? She could already be dead. Like the light from a star that has long since gone nova.

I wasn’t there.

I couldn’t save her.
Why Lex is a proponent of gilded cages. Or shackles and a bed. Depending on the mood.

My goodness I must have been flying at nearly light-speed, came a dispassionate thought in the back of his mind.
No, only 30-40 times the speed of sound.

so he just dived straight in and began removing rubble, hoping desperately that he would come across her anyway.
Buried in the ruble?

He turned round to see Coast City’s resident hero. “Lantern,” he acknowledged. “I’m here to help.”
Oh. *That’s* where Coast City is.

“Obviously,” he chuckled. “I mean, how did you know, how did you get here?”
SUPERMAN: Lois Lane is in town.
GL: Oh. Right. Got it.

“I was, uhm, on the phone with Lois Lane and heard the explosion.”
He knows? They in a club or something?

“You!” Green Lantern pointed at him incredulously. “On the phone? ... with Lois Lane!”
GL a LL-fanboy, huh?

“Yes, but now I can’t find her and there’s too much destruction to waste time on one particular person.”
LOIS: mad *waste*? I’m *waste? mad I’m so getting wasted when I get out of here.

The despair at the loss of life warred inside with his hope over continuing to hear Lois’ heartbeat.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if the rubble shifted suddenly and then the heartbeat would go faint and stop?

“Hey,” came a shout from behind. “I’ve found her.”
LOIS: Green…Green…*Lantern*! My hero! [Linked Image]

A superhero shouldn’t waste time taking an uninjured person to hospital, she thought.
Maybe she’s injured. Maybe half her lower torso has been smashed by the rubble.

But the only way I could get him to stay and keep helping was for me to promise that I’d get you to hospital.
laugh

and started to plan the fastest route back to the scene of the destruction.
rotflol
GL: I think it’s best if you sedate Ms. Lane here.

Don’t be responsible for me breaking my word to Superman.”
Superman would be a formidable enemy? [Linked Image]
But to be fair, GL only promised to take Lois to the hospital. He never promised that Lois would stay.

Eyewitness account ... journalist on the spot ... Green Lantern ... Superman. It’ll have it all.”
But she slept through most of the commotion. And she’s too close to the rest of the story.

After she’d been discharged, diagnosed with ‘minor bump on the head’ and ‘major impatience’,
clap
Dr.: I have never seen a skull as thick has hers. Must have saved her life.

Lois made her way back to the disaster site complete with painkillers gracing her handbag.
Trying to peddle drugs to the explosion victims?

But as he blinked and focussed on her she saw that wash away to be replaced by ... something she must be misinterpreting.
Annoyance? Despair? Resignation?

“We found a third bomb still live. Green Lantern shielded it and has flown away to a safe distance.” She watched the shutters come down over his eyes again and he turned away. “And I can no longer hear any heartbeats.”
I just realized, wouldn’t it be fun if the green glow from Green Lantern would be based on Kryptonite?

“At least you are safe. I don’t know what I would have done if ...” Lois knew she must have looked shocked at his words, as he stopped and pulled away.
Oh boy. Also, will she cheat on her fiancé?

“I need a friend. A good friend, as I think I’m about to embark on a ... difficult period in my life. I need someone I can talk to about things, about how I’m feeling. Can I come to you?”
Oh boy. That’s not going to end well.

“Yes, me and Clark. When I’ve talked to him, can I come and find you? I ... uh ... think I will need friendly support.”
confused She wants to break up with Clark? Because she’s now crushing on Green Lantern?

Unless.
She wants to tell Superman that she has the hots for Clark and he doesn’t love her like that. He’s more the platonic guy?

“I screamed at you down the phone this afternoon. The conference was bombed and every time I tried to call, you weren’t there. I’m supposed to be your fiancée. Clark what is going on?”
Oh boy. He made a doo-doo?

He found it hard to breathe for a moment, excitement taking over. She called herself my fiancée. Maybe it’s not over.
Funny how having your fiancée mad at you can be considered a good thing laugh

otherwise I could have ... I could have ...” and that’s when he heard the shock and the terror that was underlying her anger, and her voice cracked.
She finally got something to loose! [Linked Image]

And then he decided ...

He would tell her anyway.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's time for comments.
Oh boy. That confession will probably be another 2 parts off. The end of part 14, I’d say. Could be 15, even, but I doubt that. Really depends on how much additional chaos is inserted between then and now evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Oh boy. That confession will probably be another 2 parts off. The end of part 14, I’d say. Could be 15, even, but I doubt that. Really depends on how much additional chaos is inserted between then and now evil

In this incarnation a lot of chaos could be inserted in the next few parts. KK seems to have the scared/confused about love Lois and the just plain confused/lunkheadian Clark characterizations jacked up on steroids (to un paraphrase your story heading in Don't You Dare).

Seriously though I look forward to each episode Victoria as each one seems to one step forward, two steps back their relationship. While we all pretty much know where it is going, the fun is watching the two of them get there and of course how much collateral damage is done in the process.

Can't wait until Saturday!!

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/13/14 11:14 AM. Reason: That's what I get for not previewing my post this time...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L

That's good, especially if the "tell her anyway" includes both his feelings and his other identity.

It's time for comments.

It's time for the next part, right? grovel

Yeah, yeah... I know: Not 'til Saturday. But you can't blame a gal for trying, can you? I think part 13 will be especially interesting.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Ack! Clark, you moron, fly there right now and tell her! Lol...great part, love the tension. Waiting impatiently for the next one!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well...first off. Glad Lois is ok. Second...hmm. Had thought there might be a revelation, but there was not (though it sounds like Clark is very much on the verge smile ). Third, had thought that the scare of Lois almost getting hurt might get some conversation going btw them, but again, there was not (though so close, Lois is on the verge wink ). And fourth--really great part, KK!

I am really looking forward to these next few chapters. It seems like both of them are about 'there'--ready to be honest...about themselves, their feelings, what they are wanting and hoping to have with each other.

Wondering if Lois is thinking she will need support from Superman when she tells Clark how she really feels? Is she worried that Clark won't be happy about her news--or not want to keep up the Pact?

So much misunderstanding--with secret identities, with secret feelings, and with a Pact that means so much more than both have admitted to each other. I-Love-it! clap clap clap

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/13/14 05:20 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Update!
Wow, Michael you are first!

The Bomb
What a blast this is going to be!
Well, I hope so.

Lois experienced the fastest lifetime recap ever as the chunk of ceiling dropped.
Huh. I’d thought she’d be more used to those by now. Also, what’s she got to recap? Aside from the recent one-week engagement?
lol

Mom drinking, Dad leaving, looking after Lucy, college, work, more work, award,
See? laugh
*nods*

Somehow the ceiling missed Lois by inches, smashing to the floor just to her right but crushing her phone.
Let’s hope she wasn’t holding on to it at the time.
Oh dear. And if it's her writing hand that she's holding it with, then there goes her ability to take notes at interviews.

ANNOUCMENT: Please leave the building in an orderly fashion. You will be hearing loud bangs and notice our cleaning staff is a bit behind on their work…
rotflol

Did one of the terrorists shoot her with a gun? You only mentioned a lack of amnesia. You never said she’d survive. And there’s several movies out there dealing with deceased loved ones returning to haunt the living.
Those movies usually have the 'dead' character being dead quite a bit nearer the start of the story though. There aren't enough chapters left for me to deal with that kind of romantic plot.

The closer he got to Coast City the more he tried to focus on Lois’ heartbeat.
He does realize that her heartbeat is still from the past, right? She could already be dead. Like the light from a star that has long since gone nova.
Hey, don't be getting too realistic on me there. There's some kind of rule, in Superman universes, that he can hear what's happening, as it's happening, even when it's miles away and should still take the speed of sound to get to him.

so he just dived straight in and began removing rubble, hoping desperately that he would come across her anyway.
Buried in the ruble?
Well, I guess he really hopes that she's not in the rubble. What he's hoping here is that he finds her in the rubble.

He turned round to see Coast City’s resident hero. “Lantern,” he acknowledged. “I’m here to help.”
Oh. *That’s* where Coast City is.
Yup, it's Green Lantern's home, and it's on the opposite coast to Metropolis.

“Obviously,” he chuckled. “I mean, how did you know, how did you get here?”
SUPERMAN: Lois Lane is in town.
GL: Oh. Right. Got it.
lol

“Yes, but now I can’t find her and there’s too much destruction to waste time on one particular person.”
LOIS: mad *waste*? I’m *waste? mad I’m so getting wasted when I get out of here.
Oh boy she sounds mad!

The despair at the loss of life warred inside with his hope over continuing to hear Lois’ heartbeat.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if the rubble shifted suddenly and then the heartbeat would go faint and stop?
Um. Yeah.

“Hey,” came a shout from behind. “I’ve found her.”
LOIS: Green…Green…*Lantern*! My hero! [Linked Image]
Nope. *shakes head* There's only one hero for Lois.

A superhero shouldn’t waste time taking an uninjured person to hospital, she thought.
Maybe she’s injured. Maybe half her lower torso has been smashed by the rubble.
And she can't feel it? That's why she thinks she's not injured?

and started to plan the fastest route back to the scene of the destruction.
rotflol
GL: I think it’s best if you sedate Ms. Lane here.
Good idea!

Eyewitness account ... journalist on the spot ... Green Lantern ... Superman. It’ll have it all.”
But she slept through most of the commotion. And she’s too close to the rest of the story.
lol But when has that ever stopped her before?

Lois made her way back to the disaster site complete with painkillers gracing her handbag.
Trying to peddle drugs to the explosion victims?
I'm sure they will appreciate the Aspirin and Paracetamol!

But as he blinked and focussed on her she saw that wash away to be replaced by ... something she must be misinterpreting.
Annoyance? Despair? Resignation?
lol

“We found a third bomb still live. Green Lantern shielded it and has flown away to a safe distance.” She watched the shutters come down over his eyes again and he turned away. “And I can no longer hear any heartbeats.”
I just realized, wouldn’t it be fun if the green glow from Green Lantern would be based on Kryptonite?
Someone else had a similar idea.

Here

“I need a friend. A good friend, as I think I’m about to embark on a ... difficult period in my life. I need someone I can talk to about things, about how I’m feeling. Can I come to you?”
Oh boy. That’s not going to end well.
Nope. Can't see her visiting Superman and telling him that she's marrying Clark even though Clark doesn't love her going very well!

“Yes, me and Clark. When I’ve talked to him, can I come and find you? I ... uh ... think I will need friendly support.”
confused She wants to break up with Clark? Because she’s now crushing on Green Lantern?
Nope. Only one superhero she could even crush on.

“I screamed at you down the phone this afternoon. The conference was bombed and every time I tried to call, you weren’t there. I’m supposed to be your fiancée. Clark what is going on?”
Oh boy. He made a doo-doo?
What else could he do? *shrugs* Because Lois still doesn't know it looks very bad to her.

He found it hard to breathe for a moment, excitement taking over. She called herself my fiancée. Maybe it’s not over.
Funny how having your fiancée mad at you can be considered a good thing laugh
lol In this circumstance ... yep.

wave Michael
Chaos? Why would I insert any chaos. Oh yes. It's a RomCom.

Anyway. The next lot of chaos is ever so slightly based of a few scenes from You've Got Mail, which is one of my fave RomComs and I've tried to think of a way to do it for LnC, but it's never worked.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
In this incarnation a lot of chaos could be inserted in the next few parts. KK seems to have the scared/confused about love Lois and the just plain confused/lunkheadian Clark characterizations jacked up on steroids (to un paraphrase your story heading in Don't You Dare).
Are you saying that Lois is being more Lois-like and Clark is being more Clark-like. lol

Seriously though I look forward to each episode Victoria as each one seems to one step forward, two steps back their relationship.
rotflol Well, the earlier chapters definitely. The ones about to come ... maybe there will be true forward progress soon? whistle

While we all pretty much know where it is going, the fun is watching the two of them get there and of course how much collateral damage is done in the process.

Can't wait until Saturday!!

Mike
Collateral damage is a very appropriate phase considering the chapter!!!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.

That's good, especially if the "tell her anyway" includes both his feelings and his other identity.
It does! grin

It's time for comments.

It's time for the next part, right? grovel
Hmmm. I'll think about it.

I think part 13 will be especially interesting.

Joy,
Lynn
Well, I wouldn't describe it as interesting ... more ... frustrating and awwwwww.

Originally Posted by groobie
Ack! Clark, you moron, fly there right now and tell her!
He's considered flying over to see her before. But decided it wouldn't be fair to her, to ambush her in that way. He decided that familiar places would help her feel safe, so he needs to wait for her to return home.

Lol...great part, love the tension. Waiting impatiently for the next one!
Thanks. More tension to come. Only one more day to wait.

Originally Posted by LMA
Well...first off. Glad Lois is ok. Second...hmm. Had thought there might be a revelation, but there was not (though it sounds like Clark is very much on the verge smile ).
Yup, he's definitely decided to tell her. How soon will it happen?

Third, had thought that the scare of Lois almost getting hurt might get some conversation going btw them, but again, there was not (though so close, Lois is on the verge wink ).
Actually, she's not 'on the verge', she really decided to tell him too, when the ceiling was dropping on her! There wasn't really chance to 'talk' though. It WILL happen.

And fourth--really great part, KK!
Thanks

I am really looking forward to these next few chapters. It seems like both of them are about 'there'--ready to be honest...about themselves, their feelings, what they are wanting and hoping to have with each other.
Took long enough, didn't it, but you knew it would come eventually.

Wondering if Lois is thinking she will need support from Superman when she tells Clark how she really feels? Is she worried that Clark won't be happy about her news--or not want to keep up the Pact?
Exactly. She has decided to tell Clark that she's in love with him, and she worries that the next few years will be difficult because she'll be in a marriage with someone that doesn't love her back. She's hoping that Superman will be someone she can talk to about the difficulties and emotions she will be facing.

So much misunderstanding
Isn't that the basis of all RomComs?

--with secret identities, with secret feelings, and with a Pact that means so much more than both have admitted to each other. I-Love-it! clap clap clap

Laura
Thanks grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

[Linked Image]
I’m on vacation and all the other FoLCs outside of our timezone were asleep? /eyes Virginia/ Maybe most other FoLCs…

Oh dear. And if it's her writing hand that she's holding it with, then there goes her ability to take notes at interviews.
Yep. Will need to carry a Dictaphone from now on.

Those movies usually have the 'dead' character being dead quite a bit nearer the start of the story though. There aren't enough chapters left for me to deal with that kind of romantic plot.
rotflol That’s quite a specific denial clap

Hey, don't be getting too realistic on me there.
blush

There's some kind of rule, in Superman universes, that he can hear what's happening, as it's happening, even when it's miles away and should still take the speed of sound to get to him.
So, basically he could hear Lois cheating on him wherever he was?

Well, I guess he really hopes that she's not in the rubble. What he's hoping here is that he finds her in the rubble.
clap

Umm…
That’s 2,400 km
I think you might have a distance or unit-problem here. 2,400 miles or 3,000-something kilometers between the coasts?

Oh boy she sounds mad!
Some say it’s her superpower?

[Linked Image] Call-Me-Daniel?

And she can't feel it? That's why she thinks she's not injured?
Yep. Shock. It’s often portrayed that people don’t realize their truly grave injuries.

lol But when has that ever stopped her before?
clap

I'm sure they will appreciate the Aspirin and Paracetamol!
laugh

Someone else had a similar idea.

Here
rotflol

What else could he do? *shrugs* Because Lois still doesn't know it looks very bad to her.
Like when Clark shows up at her door with lipstick on his neck from an overeager rescue victim?
LOIS: No, that would look bad even after I know.

Anyway. The next lot of chaos is ever so slightly based of a few scenes from You've Got Mail, which is one of my fave RomComs and I've tried to think of a way to do it for LnC, but it's never worked.
hyper

Is it Saturday yet? /looks out of Window/ Darn, still light outside. razz

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
[Linked Image]
I’m on vacation and all the other FoLCs outside of our timezone were asleep? /eyes Virginia/ Maybe most other FoLCs…
Vacation. Cool. I'm on, kind of, a long term vacation. (Interpret as at least 8 weeks sick leave mad)

Yep. Will need to carry a Dictaphone from now on.
lol

Umm…
That’s 2,400 km
I think you might have a distance or unit-problem here. 2,400 miles or 3,000-something kilometers between the coasts?
Should have been miles. wallbash I've changed it now.

Oh boy she sounds mad!
Some say it’s her superpower?
I thought her superpower was her ability to eat all the Double Fudge Crunch Bars in the shop?

[Linked Image] Call-Me-Daniel?
*punches Michael* ARGH. How dare you suggest that.

Like when Clark shows up at her door with lipstick on his neck from an overeager rescue victim?
LOIS: No, that would look bad even after I know.
rotflol

hyper
Excited eh?

Is it Saturday yet?
Checks watch. It's 4:15. Um that's not right. Checks Henry Cavil/Man of Steel 2014 Calendar. Sorry. It's still Friday.

/looks out of Window/ Darn, still light outside. razz

wave Michael
Yup. Still light. Although the rain clouds are making it kind of dark.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vacation. Cool. I'm on, kind of, a long term vacation. (Interpret as at least 8 weeks sick leave mad)
[Linked Image] Here’s hoping the FDK helps smile1

I thought her superpower was her ability to eat all the Double Fudge Crunch Bars in the shop?
laugh

*punches Michael* ARGH. How dare you suggest that.
[Linked Image] It felt like the appropriate suggestion at the time?

Yup. Still light. Although the rain clouds are making it kind of dark.
rotflol You know, back in ye olden days, ML Thompson used to post just past midnight East Coast time. That was perfect for reading new fic for breakfast. Alas, that’s not something that’s going to help with this fic…

wave Michael

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You've Got Mail, which is one of my fave RomComs and I've tried to think of a way to do it for LnC, but it's never worked.

Try reading The Penfriend by Wendy Richards.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
You've Got Mail, which is one of my fave RomComs and I've tried to think of a way to do it for LnC, but it's never worked.

Try reading The Penfriend by Wendy Richards.

Just finished it yesterday and I agree it fits.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love reading that story! Sure I've read it at least three times, I think.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This segment packed an emotional wallop!

Lois 'flash of life' was very revealing. Who was she thinking of more than anyone else but Clark.

Nice touch adding the Green Lantern in there, my DC comics memory is very rusty, but I do remember they worked well together.

I will try to be more consistent in writing my comments, in the meantime, keep the parts coming! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
This segment packed an emotional wallop!
Definitely. It's one of the more serious chapters in this light-hearted tale.

Lois 'flash of life' was very revealing. Who was she thinking of more than anyone else but Clark.
Oh yes. No-one else commented on the fact that Clark was there twice ... and that his name was linked with 'home'

Nice touch adding the Green Lantern in there, my DC comics memory is very rusty, but I do remember they worked well together.
*Nods* As I said at the start, this story does take place in the wider DC universe, but you don't see that much and don't need to know that much of it.

I will try to be more consistent in writing my comments, in the meantime, keep the parts coming! wave
Thanks. Any comments are welcome. More parts coming up.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard