Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Again, sorry this took so long. I'll be taking a little time to work on the next part before I start posting. I know the basics of what I want it to be, but my muse might have other plans...

Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed this little romp, and I also hope that part 2 won't disappoint. smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mildred? Who's Mildred? Doesn't Keith know that Clark eventually married Lois? Wait, is Mildred Keith's RL fiancee? I love the way Lois coached him through the scene. I wonder where she'll jump to next. hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The problem is that I was getting interested in how she was going to handle the movie, the descendants, Les, and all and then poof she was gone. I hope she got the rewrite down before she slipped out.

I am not sure I want to be Wells when she catches up with him finally...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I had waited to start reading this story until all the parts were posted. I just finished part nine and thoroughly enjoyed the story. A few comments:

1) I was frustrated when I got to part nine of nine and only then realized that this is really just the first part of the story; had I realized that, I would have waited until the complete story had been posted before starting to read it.

2) I am confused by the timeline. On the one hand, the impression I have is that this Lois had been whisked from the 1990s or so to the story's present. On the other hand, the story's present sounds very much like 2014. The technology (still making movies, using cell phones, etc.) does not seem futuristic. But if these times are both right, then not enough time has past for Lois to have great-grandchildren.

3) Was Mr. Byrne's name a nod to John Byrne, who revamped Superman in 1986?

4) This story is a brilliant and novel take on our favourite characters, but I would expect no less of a story by you.

I am eager to read part two.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi, guys! wave Thanks for the comments.

Lynn:

1. I'm very sorry. I initially tried to make it clear in the title that this was a sub-part of a bigger story, but thought that constantly writing "Part X of Part 1" would be too cumbersome. I didn't mean to dupe you like that (I myself hate when that happens,) so I'm very sorry and hope you at least enjoyed this leg of the ride.

2. Guessing what the future will be like is hard, so I based this time on 2014. I remember reading that the show itself used anachronisms to give it a timeless feel, so I used that to justify my choice. However, the actual time is meant to be about four generations or so away.

3. Yes! Thank you for noticing that. laugh

4. Aww, thank you. blush I hope part 2 delivers.

Virginia:

Mildred was first mentioned a loooong time ago at the end of part four.

“Right,” said Les. “Have you ever been completely hung up on a girl, like that?” He paused. “Or a guy?” he added.

“My wife,” Keith replied, a dopey smile taking over his face. “We've been married eight years, and I'm still crazy about her.”

Lois smiled. “What's her name?” she asked.

“Mildred,” he answered with a soppy sigh.

I know it's been a while since I take so long to post; sorry.

Mike:

I know, sorry. sad But don't worry too much... wink

Everyone:
I gotta run to work, but thanks for the FDK! smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very enjoyable! But you ended it on a cliffhanger - we have to know what happens next!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Keith cleared his throat and looked down at his script. “Citizens—of—Metropolis,” he began, his voice quavering.
Maybe if he just imagined Lois in her underwear? Or how he speaks up when asking the mayor a question during a press conference?
KERMIT: shock
CHARLOTTE: [Linked Image]
Sorry, ‘Keith’.

She put a hand on Keith's shoulder. “So, you need to stand in for him; you're the only hope they've got.
confused

“Your Mildred. She's the only one here who knows that this isn't really Superman, but an brave and extraordinary man giving the performance of a lifetime.”
Trying to prevent leaks?

Les turned to Keith again. “So we're clear, you're good with heights?”
laugh

The others all looked at each other with confused expressions. Then, Charlotte's mouth moved.

“I'm afraid I can't—” Lois began,
Uh-oh. Is Lois going to have a stroke now?

She had one last vision of the bustling set before it disappeared completely.
Oops?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard